Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:02 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 3.5

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Let me know, if I made any mistakes.

Pie_is_good (3):
charter, MichelSableheart, Copper
(warning: L-2)

SaintKerrigan (2): Pie_is_good, Cyberbob
Thor665 (1): Saint Kerrigan

not voting (2): Thor665, Socrates

The deadline is:
Thursday, May 6th at 7:30 PM GMT +1
Countdown

Deadline in 5,5 days.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 3:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Charter wrote:I'm vanilla. I think Copper is the last, right?
Just woke up, but I wanted to comment on this. Copper's confirmed town, so is there any reason why he needs to claim?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 3:49 am

Post by charter »

Well if he has something useful to claim, there's a good chance he's going to get NK'ed tonight. I guess leave it up to him though.

Thor, the town motivation for being vague like Kerrigan was is what I showed you in that other game. The tracker caught me without revealing what he did. The scum motivation for rolefishing back is to make sure he had a successful tracking of you which leaves your claim wide open to change later.

Cyberbob's vote is interesting, but I put more stock in a Pie/Thor team than Kerrigan/Michel team.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

I hate to be That Guy, but this weekend is turning out insanely and I can't promise decent content until after Monday. I'll check in when I can. Thor - I realize your question is super outstanding, but unfortunately defending myself in the present takes priority. In the mean time, I would like to say that charter's 1119 is particularly godawful and shows no understanding of the following concepts (in order): Conspiracy Theorist Scumhunting, use of massclaims, probability, and what makes someone cleared. I'm starting to rethink Kerrigan and look at Cyberbob/charter. Call it fatal intuition.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:31 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, very happy with my Pie vote. I keep asking him to comment on why people (at least myself) are suspicious of Thor and he comes back with some OMGUS.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Just woke up, but I wanted to comment on this. Copper's confirmed town, so is there any reason why he needs to claim?
Copper is confirmed no gun, what makes him confirmed town? I'll accept he's unlikely to be scum at this point, but that's different from confirmed.
charter wrote:Thor, the town motivation for being vague like Kerrigan was is what I showed you in that other game. The tracker caught me without revealing what he did.
Eh, I disagree. The Tracker's claim in that one was for you to say what you did last night 'you know the reason'.

fixed the quote - Cathart

Kerrigan simply asked me what I did at night, with no implications attached (not even verifying that she tracked me). I still don't see why, 'you wouldn't worry about it' is an unreasonable answer to a request like that. She might have tracked someone else and was just scumhunting on me, or she might have been scum looking to verify her falseclaim. I feel those were reasonable suppositions on my part and that my answer was a townish way to field her question.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Pie: The difference in tone between your posts 1113 and 1117 is considerable. I'm curious to know what inspired you to write 1117 in the tone that you did.

I will admit, I'm wrong to advocate Michel as "cleared" town, since there is still room for reasonable doubt. However, in my opinion, the possibility that he is scum is so minutely small that it would take a lot for me to move him off my town list.

As for the odds, all it really means, in my opinion, is that you've ruled out most of the setups in which you are scum. It does not, however, mean you aren't scum, since you still haven't proven that you aren't the scum who kept quiet on N1. Unlike Michel, there is considerable evidence against you that supports the idea of your scumhood. So please, stop quoting odds as a defense and try to refute the case against you.

Speaking of stuff against you...
Pie_is_good wrote:You are ignoring the teensy fact that assuming Michel to be town is a really dumb thing to do.
Could you explain this quote, considering that you recently said you think Michel is likely town?
Thor665 wrote:Copper is confirmed no gun, what makes him confirmed town? I'll accept he's unlikely to be scum at this point, but that's different from confirmed.
The flavor at the end of Day 2 indicates that Fate had a gun. The flavor for the nightkills is "shot." Based on this, I think it's safe to assume that the Mafia have guns. Since Copper doesn't have a gun, that means he's not mafia, which makes him cleared town.

...and if someone starts arguing the idea that the Mod gave guns to some of the Mafia but not all of them, I'm going to do an epic facepalm.
Cyberbob wrote:SK: please cease and desist with these "X IS SCUM ONLY IF Y AND Z ARE TOO" lines of thought. You should know better than to make such definite and absolute calls like that, particularly with all the airs of mafia superstardom you've been adopting. Being more or less confirmed town doesn't confer on you any extra mystical powers of deduction.
See response to Pie. And how did I get labeled as "more or less confirmed town?" I don't consider myself cleared at all. Also, it's interesting that you decry my assertions that only one possible case with Michelscum exists (from someone else's PoV), and then you proceed to make that one case I described.
Cyberbob wrote:I'm not sure what to make of Michel's claim though the idea of him and SK being in a scumteam together is rolling around in the back of my mind. A scum tracker would certainly have a gun in case they were needed to make a kill
and SK has been pretty steadfast in her defence of Michel.
You do realize that everyone except for Michel, Sotty, and I have claimed Vanilla Townie, right? So if Michel and I are scum, that leaves 8 Vanilla Townies + 1 Gunsmith vs 1 Mafia Goon + 1 Mafia Tracker + 1 Mafia [Michel's Role]. Doesn't that seem a little unbalanced to you? Col. Cathart is not an incompetent mod, and I don't think he'd release a crappy setup like that on us.

Regarding the bolded, how does my defense of Michel mean that we are scumbuddies? How is this different from the behavior of two townies who trust each other?
Cyberbob wrote:Consider also: she was against the massclaim because "scum tend to claim vanilla" (actually that only applies to regular goons, scum powerroles - particularly trackers - like to claim town versions of their roles) as well as her lie about getting a result on Thor. Her flavourclaim was a security guard at Smith's & Cathart's - lolwut? Why would a security guard be tracker flavour?
This is a ridiculous argument. There are two plausible (in terms of flavor) explanations for why a security guard has a tracker flavor: observing surveillance footage, and following people around. In my case, I observe surveillance footage.
Cyberbob wrote:She was also against the gunclaim at first until suddenly capitulating... to a post from Michel.
Michel made good points regarding the gunclaim and refuted my objections to it. How is this "suddenly capitulating?"
Cyberbob wrote:One thing to note is that her and Fate were both going at each other pretty hard before he got lynched. The funny thing is that most of it revolves around her claim: the rest is hysterical appeals to emotion like "die scum die" and "you're going to regret those words". Despite all this she still saw fit to switch her vote to Pie because "it doesn't look like we're moving toward a Fate lynch".
So you think I'd rather do nothing and let myself get lynched without a fuss? I switched to my other scum candidate of the day because at the time I made the post he had more votes than Fate, and I was interested in procuring a lynch (other than my own). After I posted the updated page showed Michel voting Fate and other people potentially doing so, so I switched back.

How is this different from you switching from Fate to me in order to procure a lynch, and then switching back when more votes landed on him?

RayFrost's stuff I can't defend against, and the Michel-me buddying has not been proven to be scum-generated. You haven't even tried to prove the other half of the equation, the case for Michelscum.

Try again, please.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

SK wrote:Could you explain this quote, considering that you recently said you think Michel is likely town?
Difference between "likely town" and "assumed town" is the same as the difference between "town read" and "cleared." I would treat a confirmed townie very differently than someone I just generally didn't want to vote for.
SK wrote:@ Pie: The difference in tone between your posts 1113 and 1117 is considerable. I'm curious to know what inspired you to write 1117 in the tone that you did.
a) My two mafia pet peeves are when people trust their read over hard facts and when people fall into the trap where you read everything your target says as scummy no matter what. Charter managed to trip both of them with that last post.
b) Alcohol
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Apologies, extremely busy weekend. Expect real content tomorrow.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

SaintKerrigan wrote:See response to Pie. And how did I get labeled as "more or less confirmed town?" I don't consider myself cleared at all.
Pretty much everyone is buying into your claim, so yeah - in the eyes of most people I would say that you are more or less cleared. These people are being dumb.
SaintKerrigan wrote:Also, it's interesting that you decry my assertions that only one possible case with Michelscum exists (from someone else's PoV), and then you proceed to make that one case I described.
Nice attempt at being vaguely threatening with that "it's interesting" line. You know who usually tries that one? Scum.
SaintKerrigan wrote:You do realize that everyone except for Michel, Sotty, and I have claimed Vanilla Townie, right? So if Michel and I are scum, that leaves 8 Vanilla Townies + 1 Gunsmith vs 1 Mafia Goon + 1 Mafia Tracker + 1 Mafia [Michel's Role]. Doesn't that seem a little unbalanced to you? Col. Cathart is not an incompetent mod, and I don't think he'd release a crappy setup like that on us.
I'm not in the habit of secondguessing game balance, particularly based on a source as information as the other players in the game.

(by the way I'm not going to fall for that little IF U DISAGREE UR INSULTAN CATHART!!! "trap")
SaintKerrigan wrote:Regarding the bolded, how does my defense of Michel mean that we are scumbuddies? How is this different from the behavior of two townies who trust each other?
lol
SaintKerrigan wrote:This is a ridiculous argument. There are two plausible (in terms of flavor) explanations for why a security guard has a tracker flavor: observing surveillance footage, and following people around. In my case, I observe surveillance footage.
Or you're scum. :)
SaintKerrigan wrote:Michel made good points regarding the gunclaim and refuted my objections to it. How is this "suddenly capitulating?"
The suddenness with which you backed down and the fact that it was totally without reservation really felt off. The fact that it was to Michel of all people was just icing on the cake.
Cyberbob wrote:One thing to note is that her and Fate were both going at each other pretty hard before he got lynched. The funny thing is that most of it revolves around her claim: the rest is hysterical appeals to emotion like "die scum die" and "you're going to regret those words". Despite all this she still saw fit to switch her vote to Pie because "it doesn't look like we're moving toward a Fate lynch".
SaintKerrigan wrote:So you think I'd rather do nothing and let myself get lynched without a fuss? I switched to my other scum candidate of the day because at the time I made the post he had more votes than Fate, and I was interested in procuring a lynch (other than my own). After I posted the updated page showed Michel voting Fate and other people potentially doing so, so I switched back.
yer i totaly sed dat u shuldnt do nething!!!111

And yes, mindless self-preservation votes like that are very anti-town. The fact that you switched back immediately is not relevant to your mindset while you were making that initial post.
SaintKerrigan wrote:How is this different from you switching from Fate to me in order to procure a lynch, and then switching back when more votes landed on him?
I don't have all the other points of scumminess against me that you do, and my attack on Fate actually had some substance to it besides.
SaintKerrigan wrote:RayFrost's stuff I can't defend against, and the Michel-me buddying has not been proven to be scum-generated. You haven't even tried to prove the other half of the equation, the case for Michelscum.
Scum are 1000000000000000000000000x more likely to buddy another player (whether that other player is town or scum) than town. You are scummier in your own right than Michel, therefore you are my initial target.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Cyberbob

You're putting me in an interesting pickle, because the possibility of Kerriganscum is very appealing to me since it would justify everything I've done thus far. However, I'm curious as to how you have fluctuated so much to have been voting for me (and I believe the case of voting for me is largely predicated on a belief that Kerrigan is town and thus I was dodging her) to now voting for Kerrigan?

Am I still second most likely scum to you/ If so, how do you justify that considering you're also voting Kerrigan (i.e. what is the Kerriganscum/Thorscum connection?). If I am no longer suspicious to you, what has changed to affect that?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Thor665 wrote:You're putting me in an interesting pickle, because the possibility of Kerriganscum is very appealing to me since it would justify everything I've done thus far. However, I'm curious as to how you have fluctuated so much to have been voting for me (and I believe the case of voting for me is largely predicated on a belief that Kerrigan is town and thus I was dodging her) to now voting for Kerrigan?
My entire train of thought is laid out in the post where I did the list of claims. I started out with the idea of SK being scum and took a look at some things and some posts and some stuff - that post is essentially stream-of-consciousness (as are a lot of my posts to be honest - it gets me into a bit of hot water re: consistency but I rarely have the time or inclination to fully keep track of of a game's entire series of events).
Thor665 wrote:Am I still second most likely scum to you/ If so, how do you justify that considering you're also voting Kerrigan (i.e. what is the Kerriganscum/Thorscum connection?). If I am no longer suspicious to you, what has changed to affect that?
As of right now I would say not, but a lot hinges on SK's flip if she is lynched.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:14 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Cyberbob wrote:Pretty much everyone is buying into your claim, so yeah - in the eyes of most people I would say that you are more or less cleared. These people are being dumb.
Well, I can't speak for how other people view me.
Cyberbob wrote:Nice attempt at being vaguely threatening with that "it's interesting" line. You know who usually tries that one? Scum.
So how was that threatening in any way? And nice job trying to paint that statement as scummy.
Cyberbob wrote:I'm not in the habit of secondguessing game balance, particularly based on a source as information as the other players in the game.

(by the way I'm not going to fall for that little IF U DISAGREE UR INSULTAN CATHART!!! "trap")
Intentional dismissal of the point without actually addressing it noted.
Cyberbob wrote:Or you're scum.
Prove it.
Cyberbob wrote:The suddenness with which you backed down and the fact that it was totally without reservation really felt off. The fact that it was to Michel of all people was just icing on the cake.
So what was I supposed to do, argue against something that I had no longer had a valid reason to object to? People can change their minds, y'know. The fact that it was Michel who made the points for the gunclaim is irrelevant. I was responding to the points themselves, not the person who made them.
Cyberbob wrote:yer i totaly sed dat u shuldnt do nething!!!111

And yes, mindless self-preservation votes like that are very anti-town. The fact that you switched back immediately is not relevant to your mindset while you were making that initial post.
You imply that my vote on Pie was uncalled for. What was your "acceptable alternative" for what I should've done in that situation, since you clearly think I should've done something different?

And it was hardly "mindless" self-preservation. I had presented a case against Pie. He was my #2 suspect. I saw that votes were going on Pie and not Fate, and the only other lynch option was myself. How is it anti-town for me to switch to the other person that I consider possible scum to give myself a better chance at not being lynched?
Cyberbob wrote:I don't have all the other points of scumminess against me that you do, and my attack on Fate actually had some substance to it besides.
Whether you were less scummy than I or not has no bearing on the scumminess of the action in question. And how does your case on Fate have "more substance" than mine (since that is what you are implying)? If it does, why did you switch to me in the first place?
Cyberbob wrote:Scum are 1000000000000000000000000x more likely to buddy another player (whether that other player is town or scum) than town. You are scummier in your own right than Michel, therefore you are my initial target.
Odds do not definitively prove anything. Show why my buddying with Michel is scum-driven instead of town-driven. And if you're going to present a case for a Michel-SK scumteam, shouldn't you really try to prove that
both
people you're accusing are scum? After all, a good portion of your case revolves around Michel-SK buddying, but you haven't given any indication other than association with me that Michel is scum.

@ Thor: Do you agree with Cyberbob's case on me? Why or why not?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Cyberbob »

^^^^^^is probably a bunch of quotes each responded to with a variation on "no u", didn't read^^^^^^
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

^^is ignoring my rebuttal to his case and saying it's perfectly all right^^
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Cyberbob »

You think I'm joking about not reading it? :)
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:26 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Cyberbob wrote:You think I'm joking about not reading it? :)
Didn't look like a joke to me.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Cyberbob »

You know how to read questions phrased like this?

(I wasn't trying to suggest that I was joking)
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Then I suggest you actually read the rebuttal instead of dismissing it automatically as a collection of "no u" remarks.

For the record, dismissing rebuttals while still pressing the case is scummy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Thor: Do you agree with Cyberbob's case on me? Why or why not?
As already stated; I like it insomuch as it would help justify my own attitudes towards you from earlier, and I do believe that your Tracker claim is, at best, only potentially clearing of you since I could still see it as a scum fakeclaim which had to claim roleblock after I didn't acquiesce to your fishing on me.

I don't like the case insomuch as he went from suspecting me (and I think any case that suspects me has to believe Kerrigan = town) to then suspecting you, which seems a dramatic mental flip that he says is explained in his stream-of-consciousness post, but I feel really isn't. He just opened up a post commenting that he now suspects you and Michel.

If Cyberbob is scum I'm not sure why he'd have this sudden pressure on you though, unless he's partnered with...Pie? I guess it could be a defense of Pie by trying to amp up a case on you, which could also explain why he was working on me as well since he's looking to explore lynch options that aren't Pie.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Thor665 wrote:but I feel really isn't. He just opened up a post commenting that he now suspects you and Michel.
welp looks like someone is happy with their ~incisive mindreading~ skillz
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Cyberbob »

plus it really isn't as though I was never ever suspicious of SK so uh
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Cyberbob »

hurfadurfablurf lookan for lynch optans itp (in tp (this p (post))) [/b]Unvote Vote charter unvote vote copper unvote vote michel unvote vote thor unvote vote socrates unvote vote cyberbob unvote
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Cyberbob »

ANYONE... NOT............ PIE..................
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:54 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Thor665 wrote:As already stated; I like it insomuch as it would help justify my own attitudes towards you from earlier, and I do believe that your Tracker claim is, at best, only potentially clearing of you since I could still see it as a scum fakeclaim which had to claim roleblock after I didn't acquiesce to your fishing on me.
Maybe I'm just reading this funny, but why do you feel your attitudes towards me need justification? If you think they're valid, shouldn't that be enough in your eyes? I do agree that the Tracker claim does not fully clear me.

I'm don't think that the act of switching reads on me from a townier point of view to a scummier point of view itself is scummy, providing he bring a valid argument to the table; but in my opinion he's bringing a bollocks case against me, and after two rounds of debate he refuses to address my current rebuttal to his case, and
that
is scummy.

Cyberbob-Pie is an interesting scenario. I'll have to go back and see if there's any support for that.
Cyberbob wrote:hurfadurfablurf lookan for lynch optans itp (in tp (this p (post))) [/b]Unvote Vote charter unvote vote copper unvote vote michel unvote vote thor unvote vote socrates unvote vote cyberbob unvote
Oh hey, look, he left out Pie. I wonder why... ;)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”