Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Slaxx »

Gimme those quick topics. Lol.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Furry »

lol

Almost went with SPS after the quickhammer, but just didnt see him bussing right there.

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/fWLKZjnrKsa

Nothing really in there though, biggest post was my thought process for Slaxx kill. Thought it was DN and I had it though.
Temporary unretired alt
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:58 am

Post by crypto »

Wow.

Sorry for flaking out guys. Never thought I'd see the day. I'd've technically flaked out of another game too if I hadn't been night-killed first. Never thought I'd see the day.

SPS . . . :x Well played. Actually I can't think of any person on this game who didn't play well.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Here's ours. Although Pulindar and I didn't talk much.

Dammit, xReck, why couldn't you take my self-vote suggestion seriously? That's what confirmed it in my eyes.

I went after Max because I remembered lurking in a similar way in Face-to-Face when the competing were me and my scum buddy. Knowing the best result is lynching your partner would cause apathy.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:11 am

Post by DeathNote »

crypto wrote:
SPS . . . :x Well played. Actually I can't think of any person on this game who didn't play well.
what?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:12 am

Oh and I killed SFG because I was counting on the opposing scum team to take out Slaxx. In hindsight I should've taken out Furry since Furry-as-scumA was a realistic losing scenario.

Anyway, well played, Furry (and pretty much everyone else too.) Should've trusted my read on Alduskkel though.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Slaxx »

LMFAO! I thought Furry was with Puli and Shovel was with Nik...LMFAO
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:51 am

Post by SFG »

Furry you'd better be damn happy that I died when I did because your post two posts after Day start convinced me 100% you were scum. Also every townsperson on the DN lynch should be thoroughly ashamed of themself, that day went WAY too fast and you'd ALREADY CONCLUDED THE PREVIOUS DAY that DN was town.

Well played, but I don't think that 4 days of straight lylo was fair to the town in any way :/ we were pretty doomed from the start imho.

also the dead person QT for those who are interested in what (mostly) me and Slaxx concluded posthumously.
The textwaller of d00m
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:53 am

Post by crypto »

DeathNote wrote:
crypto wrote:
what?
Oh, that's right, I forgot about you.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 am

Post by SFG »

Oh also, Furry, if I may ask, DID you kill Max and if so, why?
The textwaller of d00m
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Furry »

SFG wrote:Furry you'd better be damn happy that I died when I did because your post two posts after Day start convinced me 100% you were scum. Also every townsperson on the DN lynch should be thoroughly ashamed of themself, that day went WAY too fast and you'd ALREADY CONCLUDED THE PREVIOUS DAY that DN was town.
I also was "fully convinced" that Puli was scum A. The only ones who worked with Puli from my perspective were you, Adul and DN. You were very likely town, Adul-Puli didnt make much sense since it would have ment neither played optimally D4, so I ended up with DN working. I actually was completely sure of DN-scum as stated in my QT.
Well played, but I don't think that 4 days of straight lylo was fair to the town in any way :/ we were pretty doomed from the start imho.
Ive played this setup twice, its very very hard for town to win, especially if scum doesnt do anything to help the town
SFG wrote:Oh also, Furry, if I may ask, DID you kill Max and if so, why?
Made my life easier. He probably wasnt going to be lynched, he obviously wasnt from the faction I was in, and he wanted me lynched. The middle one was the biggest factor, since after a close one resulting in Nik lynch I needed the people on the Nik wagon to die off ASAP.
Temporary unretired alt
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Fuuuuuuuuck.

Town loss and Scum Draw, right? Sigh. Also Day 4 was way too quick. And no cross kills was vicious.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by SFG »

trust me i was watching the town in despair and horror as they went through with that ql
The textwaller of d00m
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

OH LOOK SPS WAS SCUM

Furry was tingling my scumdar. It's almost like an auto-handicap for town to have DeathNote on their side. Strengthens my resolve to never play another game with him.
green shirt thursdays
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Haylen »

Hey guys, that was fun. I've decided im going to run away to new york tomorrow and become a hobo who lives at the top of the statue of liberty, anyone want to join me? I'll be a bit bored up there by myself. My plane will probably get in during the night - but i havent booked the flight yet, or the train ticket. I want to run away from my parents, my life and my jordan,
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Slaxx »

SPS's eagerness should have been a hint. Furry played good scum.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

This was my funnest game so far, I thank you all.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Furry »

Haylen wrote:Hey guys, that was fun. I've decided im going to run away to new york tomorrow and become a hobo who lives at the top of the statue of liberty, anyone want to join me? I'll be a bit bored up there by myself. My plane will probably get in during the night - but i havent booked the flight yet, or the train ticket. I want to run away from my parents, my life and my jordan,
If you make it all the way out to San Fran and I will hang out
Pulindar wrote:Anyway, as for the alt think you're LF's alt, right?
How did you come up with this anyway?
Slaxx wrote:SPS's eagerness should have been a hint. Furry played good scum.
Im dangerous (and for some reason almost always) scum. I think over all accounts im 11-3-1 (WLT) with two losses coming from other scum killing me.
Temporary unretired alt
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by SFG »

This was probably one of the most frustrating games of mafia for me, I really do think that I was on a team that was doomed from the setup onwards with DN/Sniper being nails in the coffin. :/ I also don't understand why people kept clearing me as obvtown and then calling me super-competent scum later (I suck as scum fyi, from what I can tell, I've developed an alignment projector that tells everyone in the game what alignment I am by the end of Day 2...regardless of which alignment i actually am).

CAN someone explain to me why I was "obvtown"? I would like to know what it is...
The textwaller of d00m
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:06 pm

xReck wrote:OH LOOK SPS WAS SCUM
My self-vote suggestion was completely reasonable. If DN had actually been scum, it would've probably been the right move.
SFG wrote:CAN someone explain to me why I was "obvtown"? I would like to know what it is...
Nope. Don't think I can.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No, your self-vote suggestion was stupid.
green shirt thursdays
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:56 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Here is the Ghost Realm. Mafia can post their Quicktopics if they so wish. Also, sorry if the end seemed a bit rushed, a friend of mine came over earlier than I expected so I had to crank things out post-haste. I
think
I corrected all the mistakes, but if there are still any there feel free to point them out.

I sincerely apologize for disappearing for much of Day 2 and the beginning of Day 3. My personal life really wasn't going well for me at that time, and even though I pulled out of all my games to focus on modding, real life still got in the way. I really appreciate Haylen taking it on herself to hold things together while I got my life straightened out. I also thank you guys for sticking with the game despite me not being around (and having to cut out vote count flavor due to lack of creative energy).

Speaking of which...I can't believe the Arkons and Rebels ended up drawing the game. I thought that SPS at least would be obvscum after suggesting that town could afford to mislynch in near-Lylo. Only Reck seemed to catch the slip, and then he went for DeathNote instead. Even though SPS wasn't lynched or NKed, I still can't believe both the mafia factions happened to target the two surviving townies, especially since I didn't think Alduskkel was scummy enough to be considered a target. Oh well, at least it allowed me the opportunity to set things up for the sequel...

Speaking of the sequel, I am planning on making a Large Normal in the near future that is based off of how this story ended. Anyone who wants to pre-in for that may do so.

Overall, it was a fun game for me to mod, and I hope it was a fun game for you guys too (despite my shortcomings).
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Slaxx »

To me, the games with no investigative roles are funnest. This is why I love these setups.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:17 am

Post by SFG »

I honestly thought that the mafia were shooting for town the entire time. They certainly had good accuracy at that. It makes me a little bit sad that a part of the reason the town lost is because townie scum vibes + scum scumhunting hit town every time, although I'm not quite sure whether it was the scumminess of large swaths of the town that did it, or whether it was the scum utterly failing at scumhunting (I'm inclined to believe the latter since I pegged as town most of the victims before they died).
The textwaller of d00m
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:21 am

xRECKONERx wrote:No, your self-vote suggestion was stupid.
Consider for a second the scenario in which DN and X are scum (B and A respectively). If we lynch DN, then you have to convince the town to lynch X. If we lynch you, X'd kill DN (I would've thought he was scum if I didn't know he couldn't be B) and all it takes for the town to win is for DN to kill correctly out of me/Furry/Alduskkel. I'd estimate the winning percentage of the first scenario as about 10% (if X isn't me, you'd definitely get lynched, so X has to be me and you have to get me lynched.) and the winning percentage of the second scenario as at least 33%. So yeah, I don't see how it's stupid.

I probably would've pushed it more if I'd been town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”