bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 am

Post by bv310 »

I wasn't planning to answer any questions about the shield. I was kind of hoping someone would try though.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:14 am

Post by LimMePls »

So I'm doing some reading in iso, but first the following observation:

Yesterday according to the final vote count: danakillsu FCG kthxbye, ooba and SOG were all no-voters.

SOG's no vote is pretty obvious, and I'm pretty sure ooba had unvoted to try and help set up the bv hammer. So I decided to iso dana, FCG and kthxbye.

danakillsu: actually, after a re-read with current information, I'm moving dana off my probable scum list. May 3rd last post, and I don't see a V/LA. We did have a really quick day 3 though, which would explain the no vote or post on day 3. You still with us dana?

FCG: "V/LA until 7/5". This would explain the no post/vote. It's now May 14, would love to hear from FCG once you've caught up. Can we get a "hey gang, I'm here" post at the least?

Kthxbye: Replaces DoS, who lurked through 2 game days of play. Kthxbye then posts one post saying something to the effect of "thought I'd have time for this, but real life says otherwise. Will post soon". Nothing since. Impossible to get a read on a lurker who replaced a lurker. I've been in the game since Day 3 and I have more posts than these two combined. This slot makes me sad face.

I thought bv would turn up scum on SB, so I'm a bit at a loss on where to go from here. Until we get some more posting in here, that's about all I got.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Planning a re-read and analysis tomorrow.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Looking back at RC is our best bet to find more scum since he was so chatty and was never in danger of being lynched. My suspicions of ToonFighter and d3x stand.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

For the moment, I'm sticking with my vote from yesterday. ToonFighter at deadline has had votes on, nobody, nobody, and Slicey. He has been weak on participation and certainly not helpful to the town.

Vote: Toon Fighter
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Scumlist:

semioldguy
- very likely scum (behavior)
Wreck Star
- very likely scum - claimed investigation results
Scott Brosius
- very likely scum (behavior)

Suspicious of:

d3x - Seems very wily, posts in spurts but lays low when things flare up. Possible scum.
Toon Fighter - Seems like he's lurking. Possible scum.
danakillsu - Tried too hard to crucify CMAR a few pages ago. Possible scum.
Slicey - Seems surprisingly like me, eager to contribute and scumhunt. Getting weird vibes though, don't know why.
FC Groningen - Still suspicious of him from Day one. Has gotten very quiet, possibly to avoid another wagon.

Neutral read:

ooba - Seems well-intentioned enough, and seems townish to me.
Dragon Phoenix - Ditto ooba, but needs to post more.

Near-confirmed (claimed) town:

farside22
- shows as townie by claimed investigation results (though some things she's done have really rubbed me the wrong way)
Kast
- claimed town, known dayvig ability
CryMeARiver
- claimed townie, claimed investigation results
bv310
- claimed townie, claimed investigation results

Town:

wolframnhart

Too Inactive to read:

Vel-Rahn Koon
AlmasterGM
DragonsofSummer
Just quoting this for easier reference.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

Reading RC in iso I now see why bv suspected him. He drips of scum. I guess I just thought he was town because he suspected the same players I did.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 6:11 am

Post by LimMePls »

In the interest of spurring debate, and hoping to prod some responses from the lurkier players:

Vote: Toon Fighter

FOS: Kthxbye

Toon, I'd like a better explanation for your Slicey vote. You also lurk way to much. You and Kthxbye need to participate please.

V/LA on weekends
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

I voted Slicey because I didn't think SOG was scum. Also, he could be on Jabba's team, sending the bounty for a town player. We got lucky that SOG was actually scum, but if was town we would have mislynched, and he was the first to vote SOG.

I know I had no votes by the previous deadlines, but that wasn't beacuse of a lack of suspects. I suspected the lynch victims in days 1 and two, but wasn't online in time to vote.
~Toon fighter~
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 am

Post by LimMePls »

Wow, I wasn't actually expecting my vote on a lurker to actually cause an un-lurk.
I know I had no votes by the previous deadlines, but that wasn't beacuse of a lack of suspects. I suspected the lynch victims in days 1 and two, but wasn't online in time to vote.
I'm not sure I buy this. I find it much more believable that you didn't vote the lynch victims day 1 and 2 because you're a lurker who isn't contributing.

V/LA on weekends
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

That's a pretty convenient return to the game ToonFighter. Absolutely no scum hunting, just defending attacks against him.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

Well, I was attacked, can't I defend myself? I will scumhunt in the future.
~Toon fighter~
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Toon Fighter wrote:Well, I was attacked, can't I defend myself? I will scumhunt in the future.
I'll believe it when I see it. You've shown no desire to do so yet.

V/LA on weekends
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Toon Fighter wrote:I suspected the lynch victims in days 1 and two, but wasn't online in time to vote.
Oh did you now? Cuz I did an Iso and see no where you suspecting either of the lynch victims.

Aside from your anti-prod posts there isn't much to your posts, but here are ones that make me believe you are scum.

Here you said you didn't find WreckStar suspicious:
Toon Fighter wrote:Hi, just read the game so far, and I don't really know what bandwagon to support right now.

K7 - seems very inactive, even with all the votes on him, and isn't really answering any question.

Wreck Star - seems to have nothing but RV and opportunity votes in his bandwagon. He responded against the people who voted him, and they crucified him. I don't see him as suspicious

THC - Here it smells a bit more scummy. He voted for Wreck Star claiming to get rid of the opposite hydra (that was WS' 3rd vote)(post 31), and they attacked each other in page 4. He unvoted WS when we felt pressured, and changed to the easiest target, K7 (post 95). I find that to be suspicious.
And here you basically admit to lurking:
Toon Fighter wrote:I haven't posted much, but I have been following the game.
You wanted to lynch CMAR to confirm farside.
Toon Fighter wrote:Well, looking at CMaR's claim, I think the best move as town would be to lynch him. If he turns up innocent, then we just lynched a (now vanilla) townie and confirmed farside as innocent. If he turns up guilty, then we have just lynched scum. What do you think?
You haven't contributed to anything, have lurked, lied about suspecting the lynches for the Day 1 and 2 (hell you even defended SOG), all in all are just plain scummy.

vote Toon Fighter
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Toon Fighter wrote:Well, I was attacked, can't I defend myself? I will scumhunt in the future.
You can, it's just been your only participation. You only seem willing to participate when you are being attacked.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well, it just literally took me 30 minutes to log in and get this thread to open. Searching for TS's post in isolation resulted in the system freezing on me. The re-read will have to wait once more.

(not even sure that it will post this)
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Player-by-player analysis, site permitting. In vire of the post problems I will post one by one.

Toon Fighter

Two posts stood out:
Toon Fighter, 27 April wrote:bump

[anti-prod post]

Well, looking at CMaR's claim, I think the best move as town would be to lynch him. If he turns up innocent, then we just lynched a (now vanilla) townie and confirmed farside as innocent. If he turns up guilty, then we have just lynched scum. What do you think?
This is just plain awful.
Toon Fighter, 18 April wrote:I haven't posted much, but I have been following the game.
As others have pointed out, that is lurking in broad daylight.

Conclusion: not helpful for the town, but I have difficulty imagining scum to come up with such a suggestion as he did.

Read: town, not helpful, but town.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:19 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Just a quick reminder to self:

wolframnhart
claimed mason with C3PO, solid.

bv310
claimed Luke Skywalker, investigator
Given the results and the role name, as surely town as it gets.

Possiblity: bv310 may have been kept alive to check on Scott Brosius (logical choice), if SB is the Godfather of the empire.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Scott Brosius

I still don't see where the suspicion mentioned yesterday by some players is coming from. Re-reading I don't get any scum vibes. Contributing, be it marginally (well, I can hardly complain about that), no scum tells that I can see. Main suspicion is that the investigator was kept alive (SB Godfather?), although there are obviously other explanations for that as well.

Conclusion/Read: for the time being I still have him down as townie.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

danakillsu

Has not posted since 3 May which of course does not make a read easier. There are small things that set off my scumdar a bit. In particular his attempts to make bv310 unbelievable. I'm still far from convinced though, and definitely want to hear more from him or a replacement.

Conclusion/Read: for the time being I have him down as townie with some scummy overtones.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:42 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Kthxbye (DragonsofSummer)

With the excessive lurking of DoS, not a lot to go on.
Kthxbye wrote:I'll have my thoughts coming soon enough guys. Replaced in and then RL said "eff you! you have other stuff to do besides MS". I feel like I have a read on a few players I think most likely scum from my initial read through, but I'll have to jot down the why's before I go and vote one. Stay tuned!
We will wait for this then.

Read: impossible to read for lack of posts.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

FC Groningen

I was not happy with his posts day one, and in hindsight, this is even more interesting:
FC Groningen, 14 April wrote:Ohh before I forget, there is of course the bandwagon on Wreckstar, but as far as I see it, its completely random, or based on the fact that he is acting rather hostile.
Trying to fend off a wagon on fellow scum?

Later posts were more redeeming with some scum hunting tendencies.

Last real post 28 April, posted 3 May to announce absence until 7 May.

Read: townish/scummish, but need his view on recent happenings.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Kast

Claimed day vig and proved it (unless the mod is bamboozling us). Would be a VERY ballsy claim to do this as scum, even with a day kill ability. For the time being no reason to assume anything but town.

And that will be all for today. I will try to do the other 8 tomorrow, site willing.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 2:51 am

Post by danakillsu »

I'm here. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'll post later on today with some real content.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Kthxbye »

The following posts really rub me the wrong way knowing what we know:
d3x p801 wrote:I would also recommend Claiming, sog. You're at L-2 atm.
Looks like 'hey, get a fake claim in there buddy. This bounty on you is screwing us'.
d3x p808 wrote:
Why would we have a flip without a faction if there was more then one scum group?
Dunno. I like playing 'out guess the Mod' almost as much as I like setup speculation {which is ultimately the same game}. I don't really see much worth in it. If you'd really like to debate the matter, I suggest you talk with those hell bent on believing there are 2 Scum Groups. I just said I'm not ruling out the possibility.

How do you feel about a Quick Lynch {I don't like it}? Do you think it's more beneficial to the Town than actual discussion {I do not, I believe it stifles conversation}? Do you think the bounty of sog is playing a role in the speed of this wagon {I definitely do and am worried about it}? Do you feel that it is having a positive or negative effect on the Wagon {negative, everyone is gunning for that shield}? What do you think of Scott's TF Vote {I don't like it, though I'm not a fan of TF's Slicey Vote either}?

Preview Edit:

@AGM- I don't see the benefits
to
speculate on setup. ScumHunting is ScumHunting whether you have 1, 2 or 5 Scum Groups. I believe looking for connections and interactions before concrete confirmation of multiple ScumGroups is ultimately less beneficial than ScumHunting. I also believe that prematurely, it is very distracting in a game like this. Too many people are only too eager to nerd out about what Groups could potentially be out there.

Once a second faction is flipped, looking into connections will be much more beneficial, imo. This of course does not include looking for connections to known Scum.
Taking what we know now (that there are indeed 2 scum groups) this looks like d3x trying to convince us that we should only worry about one. At the time of this post, we only knew Jabba's group existed. Has me thinking d3x is on the dark side of the force.

Take note of him 'not liking the quick lynch', trying to continue the day in hopes of getting Vader off the hook with 'more conversation', worry over the bounty, and the big one 'everyone is gunning for the shield'. Really? The way I read it was everyone wanted our investigative role to have it...
d3x p829 wrote:I'll take the L-1 Vote. I'm announcing my intent so there isn't a simulpost that f*s this up.
UnVote
d3x p32 wrote:
Vote:semioldguy
Remember those notes above? Well in the next 2 posts by d3x we have him going with the flow. If everyone is gunning for the shield, why would you then put the L-1 down? If you don't think the bounty on sog was a good thing and think it was a mistake, then why do this? If you thought conversation was going to be stifled due to this lynch happening fast, the why did you participate? How do your actions of getting on the band wagon halt the quick lynch?
d3x p835 wrote:I'm down for a Scott investigation. If he's not Scum {doubtful} then he's only going to serve to continue distracting the Town with their suspicions. Also, I decided to join the Wagon due to a number of reasons. I realized that cooler heads won't prevail in terms of more discussion {ie-slowing the Day a bit}. Also, I agree with the plan to give bv the Bounty abilities and the extra info about farside's RB helps a lot of doubt I had.
Here I think you realize people will be asking the questions I have asked and you try to preemptively answer them. With everything else, it looks like an investigation of someone not on your side of the scum coin is a good idea so of course you're "down" for it. Another reason you could be "down" for a SB investigation is if he's your Godfather. Of course, in my experience you wouldn't know he's the Godfather unless he told you his role flat out OR he told you he's the emperor and you guessed as much. As for your reasons for joining the bandwagon.... Is 'if you can't beat em, join em' a good mentality and scum hunting method?

All in all, I think you just wanted to make sure you were on the wagon of a scum buddy who was going down anyway.

Vote: d3x
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”