Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Kdub »

Anti:
I'll wait to hear your reason for suspecting Chrono, who doesn't seem particularly suspicious to me. Is your suspicion on Prana also a gut feeling, or are there specific actions you find scummy?

Glork:
If you are going to suspect me without presenting a case, I can't really defend myself and try to change your opinion. If you want to ask me questions, go right ahead. Otherwise, I don't see what you are trying to accomplish by claiming suspicion of me but not giving reasons.

Regarding the setup speculation, I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. Suppose the flavor of bv's scum group is the 4 Fiends (Marilith, Kraken, Tiamat, Lich). We don't know for certain that this is the case, but it's a reasonable assumption. Then the "electrocuted" kill flavor does not come from that scum group because none of the 4 Fiends are lightning elemental. "Reduced to nothing" could very possibly be Tiamat, who is a wind elemental, given that the mod scene mentioned a tornado. "Electrocuted" is probably from an SK or second mafia (not bv's group). "Drowned" seems to fit Kraken quite well, but why was it used on bv (part of the same scum group), and where does doom come from? Doom could fit Lich (don't remember if he actually cast doom in the games where you fight him), but I agree with Glork that a scum group is unlikely to have multiple kills.

Vote Count:

Nothing.

Not Voting:

Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
Devotress
dramonic
DTMaster
FC Groningen
Glork
JPSalazar
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

8 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Kdub »

Anti:
I'll wait to hear your reason for suspecting Chrono, who doesn't seem particularly suspicious to me. Is your suspicion on Prana also a gut feeling, or are there specific actions you find scummy?

Glork:
If you are going to suspect me without presenting a case, I can't really defend myself and try to change your opinion. If you want to ask me questions, go right ahead. Otherwise, I don't see what you are trying to accomplish by claiming suspicion of me but not giving reasons.

Regarding the setup speculation, I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. Suppose the flavor of bv's scum group is the 4 Fiends (Marilith, Kraken, Tiamat, Lich). We don't know for certain that this is the case, but it's a reasonable assumption. Then the "electrocuted" kill flavor does not come from that scum group because none of the 4 Fiends are lightning elemental. "Reduced to nothing" could very possibly be Tiamat, who is a wind elemental, given that the mod scene mentioned a tornado. "Electrocuted" is probably from an SK or second mafia (not bv's group). "Drowned" seems to fit Kraken quite well, but why was it used on bv (part of the same scum group), and where does doom come from? Doom could fit Lich (don't remember if he actually cast doom in the games where you fight him), but I agree with Glork that a scum group is unlikely to have multiple kills.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Devotress »

I thought bill was saying they get to pick which kill? IE Scum A gets sent to do the kill: This flavour happens. Scum B gets sent to do the kill: doom happens, etc.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Post by Devotress »

Man I was trying to get that last post through for ages. Anyone else having forum issues right now?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Post by Chronopie »

If we assume that the rest of Bv's scumgroup are the other fiends, (Tiamat, Lich, Kraken). Then it is logical to assume that kills are flavored. Therefore different mafioso = different kill flavor? (i.e Electrocuted, Drowned etc). Although it doesn't explain why marilis was drowned if it was Kraken killing. Maybe a redirect?

I could see 'Reduced to nothing' being Death, as a parallel to Doom.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:34 am

Post by PranaDevil »

But there's at least 3 seperate "groups" (Even if we consider one as a vig) that killed last night, that or scum have multiple kills, as last night we've had Electrocuted, Drowned, AND Doom.

I'm just not buying that a scum team will have more than one kill per night.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Chronopie »

So two NK'ing factions, and an third party Doom caster/SK?

That would work.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Chronopie »

EBWOP: NK faction or vig.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Glork »

This whole "who did what kills from which group" discussion is completely shutting down actual scumhunting. I regret having started it to begin with.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Kise »

Chronopie has been made voteless for the remainder of this day phase due to a violation of the rules. With 13 votes in play, I will make the lynch threshold 7 instead of 8.

Please do not inquire about this offense.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

With the mod's post in mind, does anybody think we could safely pinpoint a lynch and avoid losing Devo to Doom?
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ok, we are honestly at a standstill, and I can't stand this grinding halt any longer.

Vote: Antifinity

Because I'm still going with my gut feeling on this one.

"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Ya know, as much as the game has slowed a bit, I think it was a bit pre-mature to all of a sudden vote, when we haven't heard from one or two players, maybe even more then that. Since it takes what.. 10 votes for doom to kill the player doomed, and today it takes 7 votes lynch someone, we have only 8 votes now to use (leaving room for one vote so doom doesn't activate) and so unless someone comes up with a different lynch subject (using Fos's) we HAVE to lynch Antifinity to save Devo from doom.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Wolf: Tough luck. I don't play these games where we're just sit here until June 1st, when the deadline is, waiting for a couple of lurkers who just check in to see the same couple of people contributing time and time again.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I am sure we were in no danger of sitting here until june 1st, prods could have at least gone out first. Hell just an hour ago you ask people if we should safely pinpoint a lynch, and without even waiting for an answer you go ahead and vote.

Fos JP

I'm even willing to go after a lynch on you today since we can use the remaining 8 votes.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

You can FoS me all you want, but the fact is, what direction are we actually going? I can unvote, but I have a suspicion that if June 1st came about, we're gonna go and Devotress would be dead via Doom. It's confirmed, but it hasn't been denied either. I'd rather side with trying to weed out who is casting Doom on people than sit here and twiddle my thumbs while Glork, KDub, and Devotress all go back and forth on the same people with Prana occasionally chiming in.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Edit: It hasn't been confirmed, but it hasn't been denied either.*

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Kise »

FYI, FC has been prodded.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Devotress »

Nah Jp that was a bad move for a town to make. If you were reading the thread, you'd have known the plan was to all vote once someone reached Lynch majority through FOS. An FOS worked exactly the same as a vote for all intents and purposes. You're either not reading the thread or delibratly ignoring what people have said.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Devotress »

Infact
FOS JP

I could get behind lynching him. Either he's scum or he's town who is still going to try and give the scum a free daykill every day for the rest of the game. Either way I think it benefits town to get him dead.
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Look, Antifinity is already on the slab, and we can vote him off (thereby saving you). I've been saying he's felt scummy for quite a while. I've wanted to push forward with the game because this is getting stale. I read what everybody said and I wanted to go along with it, but to be honest, he should have been lynched instead of Iecerint.

You can get behind lynching me, but I'll gladly roleclaim just to prove I'm not scum and that I'm not trying to give the scum a free daykill every day (which is probably the dumbest assumption I've heard yet), but simply getting the ball rolling on something to save you from Doom. The FoS game takes too much time, because we'll have people jumping back and forth. I think it's a waste, when we can just jump right to it.

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Devotress »

JPSalazar wrote:You can get behind lynching me, but I'll gladly roleclaim just to prove I'm not scum and that I'm not trying to give the scum a free daykill every day (which is probably the dumbest assumption I've heard yet), but simply getting the ball rolling on something to save you from Doom. The FoS game takes too much time, because we'll have people jumping back and forth. I think it's a waste, when we can just jump right to it.
It's really not an assumption at all. It's kind of a fact.
You pushing a vote out this early (before we reached a majority descision) is saying "Everyone has to agree with me or scum get a free day kill". You're trying to hold the town hostage to voting out the person you want, which is a bad thing to do. There is very little room for us to vote anyone but antifinity now.

Counters at 9, with 8 to lynch. Say people decide they don't want to lynch antifinity. So they all start voting for Prana(for examples sake).

8 votes for prana would put us at 1 on the counter.
At any point while people are voting for prana, he just has to see what's going on and cast one vote. If he casts one vote while we're piling on him, it's a 0 on the doom counter.
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

I have to agree, I don't see why you would go an vote when it seemed to be agreed upon to let your FoS be your vote. It seems very Anti town.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by Glork »

thatguy00 wrote:I have to agree, I don't see why you would go an vote when it seemed to be agreed upon to let your FoS be your vote. It seems very Anti town.
What are your top four suspicions, and why?

Name two people who you think are probably protown.

Which single player do you think is most likely to be one of BV's scumbuddies?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Devotress wrote:
JPSalazar wrote:You can get behind lynching me, but I'll gladly roleclaim just to prove I'm not scum and that I'm not trying to give the scum a free daykill every day (which is probably the dumbest assumption I've heard yet), but simply getting the ball rolling on something to save you from Doom. The FoS game takes too much time, because we'll have people jumping back and forth. I think it's a waste, when we can just jump right to it.
It's really not an assumption at all. It's kind of a fact.
You pushing a vote out this early (before we reached a majority descision) is saying "Everyone has to agree with me or scum get a free day kill". You're trying to hold the town hostage to voting out the person you want, which is a bad thing to do. There is very little room for us to vote anyone but antifinity now.

Counters at 9, with 8 to lynch. Say people decide they don't want to lynch antifinity. So they all start voting for Prana(for examples sake).

8 votes for prana would put us at 1 on the counter.
At any point while people are voting for prana, he just has to see what's going on and cast one vote. If he casts one vote while we're piling on him, it's a 0 on the doom counter.
I'm in full agreement with the basis of this. Though I'd rather you didn't put my name there. I'm pro-town, and, much as I'd rather see someone else lynched (and I agree, Anti is suspicious, but JP's actions there put him at number one for my money), I can guarentee I wouldn't try that (of course, my word in saying that is meaningless, as even scum would say the same and as they would obviously know when they were going to be voted, they would throw a vote out regardless of what they already said).

The fact JP is already stating he would happily role claim throws out massive red flags to me as well, for all we know you've been provided safe claims anyway, so that doesn't work well for me at all.

I'm still suspicious of Anti though, for all the earlier reasons, and JP's actions don't diminish that, as if we have multiple scum teams then JP could have just felt Anti was scum, and therefore wants to eliminate a rival scum member by, essentially, holding the town hostage.

Also JP, you say Anti's already "on the slab", but what happens if, for instance, town decided to go a different way? I know a few people have felt I should be lynched too, so what if two people voted Anti (yourself and another person who just chose to follow your lead), but then people decided Anti wasn't the best lynch before he reached majority, and I was? That would mean they choose to either lynch Anti (someone they feel "might" be pro-town at that point, I'm just assuming here), or lynch someone else they feel is scum, but guarentee losing Devotress at the same time.

This is why the FOS was being used, so there wouldn't come a point where town was split.

unFoS: Anti; FoS: JP

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”