Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Zang »

Cruelty wrote:zang it's somewhat irrelevant as we lose the ability to vigi after tonight anyway (it'd be far too big a gamble to vigi with 4 players alive).
I see, but I'd we are going to vig a vig I would rather it be SpyreX.
Cruelty wrote:7 left

1 lynch today
2 kills tonight

puts us at mylo tomorrow

or

1 lynch today
1 kill tonight (vigis no-kill)

gives us another mislynch before lylo
we could not lynch anybody.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by cruelty »

why would we no-lynch today?
the nexus of the crisis
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:44 am

Post by Zang »

If we no lynch today, the vigs could kill tonight and we still have one lynch before lylo.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:35 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vote Count:

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

(2) TheSkeward: Ooba, SpyreX
(1) SpyreX: TheSkeward

(4) Not Voting: Zang, cruelty, MagnaofIllusion, Darox

Day Three ends by June 3rd at 4 pm PST.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:48 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Spyrex wrote:Yes, me being a godfather is clearly more of a Razor than him being a cop who got an innocent on, in fact, an innocent.
You keep invoking Occam’s Razor like it’s an infallible proof of your innocence. Which it isn’t. The fact that statistically you have a greater chance to be a VT instead of Godfather has no bearing on whether you are or not.
Spyrex wrote:Additionally, excellent point to quibble on ignoring the all vigs are millers business too.
Addressing you about your typical behavior does not mean I am ignoring Skeward’s point. Thanks for using more faulty logic to somehow ‘strenghten’ your non-existant case that I am Mafia (which laughably consists of you saying “He’s Mafia’, btw).
Sprex wrote:Nice way to gloss over the whole "Lets not lynch a vig, vote SpyreX" business
Yes, because my not voting for you and wanting to vig you at night with Zang certainly proves your point :roll:

But if we are speaking about conveniently ignoring facts, way to ignore that I breadcrumbed my role multiple times. Also way to ignore the fact that your role claim bears little resemblance to Zang and my claims in multiple ways -

1. Zang, Yosarian, and I all have jobs (Vintner, Cobbler, and Tailor) which fit nicely thematically together as normal villagers thrown together into a Mob. Your claim of Dragoon doesn’t fit closely at all.
2. Zang and my role PMS both have comic undertones to our reasons for joining the mob (Zang’ s harpy wife will not let him hide, the town misunderstood my prowess with monsters ala Mickey the Tailor) while yours has no comic undertones at all.
Sprex wrote:Made the argument that all the vigs are millers (25% of the game most likely,
POSSIBLY 33%
of the game)
Emphasis added. The disconnect here is telling for me. Everywhere else you make ZERO allowance that there could be 4 weak vigs. The quote below doesn’t say “Zang/Manga is most likely lying”. When you are attacking me 4 vigs is not possible but in the statement above you give it consideration as a possibility? Isn’t inconsistency on of your big “scum-tells”
Sprex wrote:Cruelty is a normal cop. Yos was a vig AND a miller as these are not pieces of the same role. One of Zang/Manga is lying - and I'd bet heavy money on Manga.
Um, Weak Vig and Miller are not pieces of the same role? Are you saying Yos has more than one role? Logic fail yet again.

CMAR indicated quite clearly that Yos said he did not know he was a Miller. CMAR, as proven town, had no reason to lie about that. So any Weak Vig has the possibility of being a Miller also. And your leap across Snake River Canyon from the first sentance to the second is just plain absurd.

And repeatedly saying Zang or I am lying doesn’t make it true. Face facts -

1. Zang was the first to claim.
2. I breadcrumbed clearly Day 1.
3. You were the last to claim Weak Vig, and with poor flavor IMO.

If anyone is lying it’s you. If you want to argue that either Zang or I have a fake-claim supplied by EB that would just as readily apply to you.

As for ‘betting heavy money’ I’ll wager with you the following since we actually can’t bet money –

When I die or the game ends and if I am not revealed as a Town aligned Weak Vig (not considering Miller) then you can choose any picture you want for my avatar for three months (acceptable under site rules, of course).

Likewise when you die or the game ends and if you are not revealed as a Town aligned Weak Vig I get to choose your Avatar for the same period.

Willing to put your avatar where you mouth is? I am.
Sprex wrote:Additionally, you're saying that instead of just being a vig I'm a godfather which would give ANOTHER poor result for the cop.
Yes, because I think you are scum. The minute you went on the attack when I questioned your behavior in voting for CMAR sealed it for me. Zang and I both drew the same conclusion about the post in question. Yet you, who supposedly has the same role but comes up with tortured logic as to why you didn’t think the same, attack me as Scum with NO support at all. Scummy. The Innocent scan ties nicely with the Godfather role.

Are you arguing in a game with a Cop that it is not unlikely for there to be a Godfather scan resistant Mafia role?
Sprex wrote:You're saying that in your own proposed setup the cop managed to not hit any of the guilties BUT hit the even lower percentile 1/7 shot AND your bro Manga is saying this is the simplest solution.
Funny, you say this as if Cruelty was randomly rolling the dice and scanning. He scanned you because you found something about your play to be suspicious. So regardless of whatever probabilities existed he scanned you for a reason. Your Appeal to Statistics, yet another logical fallacy, is noted.
Cruelty wrote: today i want to lynch one of ooba/skeward/darox. not sure which i like spyrex's points re: skeward but i'm not going to blindly follow. need to think about it.
I agree that one of Darox / ooba / Skeward should be the lynch today.
Cruelty wrote:i read your post, i'm saying there isn't a really believable eureka moment in there.

7 left

1 lynch today
2 kills tonight

puts us at mylo tomorrow

1 lynch today
1 kill tonight (vigis no-kill)

gives us another mislynch before lylo
Back up the logic train for a second here and consider carefully the situation. Assuming we have two remaining scum (and if we have three things are much worse for Town),

A lynch, a Mafia kill and vig kill leaves 4 players. We are only in MYLO if we hit a Mafian with the lynch or vig kill. I’m town so unless we hit a Mafian with the lynch vigging me tonight ends the game in a 2 to 2 manner.

Likewise your no vig-kill only leaves us with an additional mislynch if we lynch Mafia tonight. Otherwise we are still in a LYLO situation at 3 to 2.

So we, as a Town, should be considering whatever moves we make under the assumption that incorrect ones lose the game for Town.

@Skeward – At this point I think you should be looking at either Darox or ooba as the viable lynch tonight, unless you want to lynch yourself.

@ooba and Darox – You need to weigh in with your thoughts on Vigging versus not and who the lynch should be today.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

Manga wrote:You keep invoking Occam’s Razor like it’s an infallible proof of your innocence. Which it isn’t.
The fact that statistically you have a greater chance to be a VT instead of Godfather has no bearing on whether you are or not.
Its not infallible. There is a million things that COULD have happened. It is what it is: the simplest solution is
usually
the correct one.

However, the last part illustrates my issue with, oddly enough, both you and Skeward and how you are approaching it:

Its not "Well, even with the investigation there's a chance he's a godfather."
Or even "Well, cruelty could have been manipulated."

It's things like:
Manga wrote: Except of course that I'd wager you are the Godfather role, and thus Cruelty is telling the truth and you are scum fake claiming. So Occam's Razor doesn't clear you at all.
[quote="TS']
AND YET, he got an INNOCENT on SpryeX, another claimed weak vig. I find it extremely likely that all the Angry Mob are millers. [/quote]
TS wrote:Option 2) SpryeX is scum. He claimed Angry Mob at the last minute because it felt like a good fakeclaim. The innocent on him means he's a Godfather. Likely.
TS wrote: Option 3) Neither are scum, but cruelty lied about his results or EB made at least one of the Angry Mob a miller and at least one not a miller. Unlikely.
Which aren't even balancing the CLEANER option against pushing through a lynch.

Know what else is missing? Reasons for me being scum. Funny how that works.
Addressing you about your typical behavior does not mean I am ignoring Skeward’s point. Thanks for using more faulty logic to somehow ‘strenghten’ your non-existant case that I am Mafia (which laughably consists of you saying “He’s Mafia’, btw).
You'll get your case when the time comes. As for my typical behavior? Yea, I only push on people who attack me at all times. You know, thats why I pushed sooo hard on Darox after his funny business early on. And, really, why I pushed on CMAR out of the gate. VV lynch too!

Say what actually is happening: I'm attacking the garbage cases and stances that make far more sense coming from scum - you, TS, Josh.
Yes, because my not voting for you and wanting to vig you at night with Zang certainly proves your point
You know what?

@Zang: If TS gets lynched today and IS town, go ahead and shoot me. Otherwise, shoot Manga.

If I'm lying you wont die.
If you're lying I wont die.

There you go.
But if we are speaking about conveniently ignoring facts, way to ignore that I breadcrumbed my role multiple times. Also way to ignore the fact that your role claim bears little resemblance to Zang and my claims in multiple ways -

1. Zang, Yosarian, and I all have jobs (Vintner, Cobbler, and Tailor) which fit nicely thematically together as normal villagers thrown together into a Mob. Your claim of Dragoon doesn’t fit closely at all.
2. Zang and my role PMS both have comic undertones to our reasons for joining the mob (Zang’ s harpy wife will not let him hide, the town misunderstood my prowess with monsters ala Mickey the Tailor) while yours has no comic undertones at all.
This is awesome. Lets pan down a little bit farther in this SAME post and go ahead and let you answer yourself why this is absolutely garbage all the way through before I go ahead and tear into it:
If anyone is lying it’s you. If you want to argue that either Zang or I have a fake-claim supplied by EB that would just as readily apply to you.
A game with the ability to post YOUR PMS in thread? Yea, there's fakeclaims. It wasn't even discussed because much like miller-land
its a given for game balance

So, really, you are saying: As scum the fakeclaim I was given doesn't match the actual claims. :roll:

But, lets go a bit further:

1.) Dragoon IS a "job". In fact, if one wants to get all flavor slappy it makes the most sense as a vig.
2.) CMAR's post about Yos specified that "he wasn't really a nice guy." So, if your gonna streeettch for the stars that sure doesn't add up.
Emphasis added. The disconnect here is telling for me. Everywhere else you make ZERO allowance that there could be 4 weak vigs. The quote below doesn’t say “Zang/Manga is most likely lying”. When you are attacking me 4 vigs is not possible but in the statement above you give it consideration as a possibility? Isn’t inconsistency on of your big “scum-tells”
Diggin' diggin'.

Yes, I highly doubt there are 4 total because the mechanic doesn't make sense balance-wise with what I've seen. So, like I said, mostly likely 25%.

In the event I am wrong about that then the statement becomes even more ludicrous.
Um, Weak Vig and Miller are not pieces of the same role? Are you saying Yos has more than one role? Logic fail yet again.
Yes, I am saying that because its such a huge logic fail my lord I know I have problems with logic almost as much as reading HALP ME:
OMGGG wrote:Yosarian2, Miller/Weak Vigilante, Town, was murdered Night One.
Miller / Weak Vigilante. Two parts. Separated. For a reason.
And repeatedly saying Zang or I am lying doesn’t make it true. Face facts -
1. Zang was the first to claim.
2. I breadcrumbed clearly Day 1.
3. You were the last to claim Weak Vig, and with poor flavor IMO.

I covered this above but I'll do it again for emphasis. The scum have fakeclaims. This is all but a given for balance. Yes, this doesn't clear me. HOWEVER I AM NOT THE ONE USING IT TO TRY AND CLEAR MYSELF.

And, yes, I was the last via popcorn which means if I was scum without a fakeclaim I had the option to do anything I wanted. Which with an innocent on myself could have been a whole myriad of things that hadn't been claimed.
As for ‘betting heavy money’ I’ll wager with you the following since we actually can’t bet money –

When I die or the game ends and if I am not revealed as a Town aligned Weak Vig (not considering Miller) then you can choose any picture you want for my avatar for three months (acceptable under site rules, of course).

Likewise when you die or the game ends and if you are not revealed as a Town aligned Weak Vig I get to choose your Avatar for the same period.

:roll: Done. Choo choo buckaroo'.
Yes, because I think you are scum. The minute you went on the attack when I questioned your behavior in voting for CMAR sealed it for me. Zang and I both drew the same conclusion about the post in question. Yet you, who supposedly has the same role but comes up with tortured logic as to why you didn’t think the same, attack me as Scum with NO support at all. Scummy. The Innocent scan ties nicely with the Godfather role.

Are you arguing in a game with a Cop that it is not unlikely for there to be a Godfather scan resistant Mafia role?
Because that still isn't "dead on" no matter how many times you want to say it and it was unnecessary supposition.

If, at that point, CMAR had said what he said when he actually claimed (and go ahead and say those are the same thing) then I would have, in fact, removed my vote then as I did when they actually claimed.

And no, I haven't said there is or isn't a godfather. Again, that's not the issue - there sure could be to balance the miller OR just as easily there could not be because a false positive helps just as much as a false negative for the scum side of the equation.
Funny, you say this as if Cruelty was randomly rolling the dice and scanning. He scanned you because you found something about your play to be suspicious. So regardless of whatever probabilities existed he scanned you for a reason. Your Appeal to Statistics, yet another logical fallacy, is noted.
The result and the supposition your brother in arms is making whom you so valiantly picked up the torch for are the important parts here, still as the cop comes out with an innocent and you two have latched onto the godfather teat as though it was the last bastion of nourishment you'll ever see.

I don't care why (although, yes, I would like to know cruelties reasons for his two picks) I care about the result as a function of the whole.

If you're saying its a logical fallacy: why. Why is it? Are the statistics wrong?

The fact that if Yos hadn't been killed would have led into the beginning of the situation I detailed about the army of millers (which you, again, sure managed to not talk about) actually strengthens what I'm saying about the moonbeams TS is reaching for and you're playin' snipa with.
Back up the logic train for a second here and consider carefully the situation. Assuming we have two remaining scum (and if we have three things are much worse for Town),

A lynch, a Mafia kill and vig kill leaves 4 players. We are only in MYLO if we hit a Mafian with the lynch or vig kill. I’m town so unless we hit a Mafian with the lynch vigging me tonight ends the game in a 2 to 2 manner.

Likewise your no vig-kill only leaves us with an additional mislynch if we lynch Mafia tonight. Otherwise we are still in a LYLO situation at 3 to 2.

So we, as a Town, should be considering whatever moves we make under the assumption that incorrect ones lose the game for Town.

@Skeward – At this point I think you should be looking at either Darox or ooba as the viable lynch tonight, unless you want to lynch yourself.

@ooba and Darox – You need to weigh in with your thoughts on Vigging versus not and who the lynch should be today.
But I thought you were soooo cooool with shooting me or yourself earlier OHH NOES.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Zang »

Magna wrote:Back up the logic train for a second here and consider carefully the situation. Assuming we have two remaining scum (and if we have three things are much worse for Town),
I don't think there would be three left, because if there was three and Josh survived day 1 and was recruited, there would be a total of 4 scum. So if there was 4 scum, the town would have lost with 8 players still alive.

And I would like to lynch darox or ooba since there claims are the easiest to fake, plus as magna pointed out, they have added little if anything about their opinion on the vigs.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Zang »

SpyreX wrote:@Zang: If TS gets lynched today and IS town, go ahead and shoot me. Otherwise, shoot Manga.
I would rather lynch someone else. But I'm fine with doing this, because either-

1. TS is scum, I shoot magna. If magna dies, your telling the truth and if he doesn't you get lynched tommorow
2.TS is town, we shoot you. If your scum (which is likely) will have one scum down and we can lynch one of either darox or ooba tommorow or if you are town, tommorow will be lylo. Either way both me and magna are confirmed town.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:40 am

Post by ooba »

I'm sorry - I have been busy the past couple of days and couldn't get a re-read in..

Like I said, just from the setup point of view - I'm up for lynching the Skeward because I think
1 GF + 1 RB + 1 Traitor Doc vs 1 Cop + 1 Spiritualist + 3 Weak Vigs + 4 Townies
is a very balanced setup. As a counter to the miller point, I'd like to point out that a Weak Vig is a nearly a town-confirmed role. In fact with the effective use of open signaling, it's a very powerful force. (Magna, was your pitchfork question related to your role in any way?). In the unlikely case that the RB is town, I guess the scum would have a rolecop on their side.

Btw I had similar concerns when I read the weak Vig PM claims - but dropped it because I thought the mod would make even more care to make sure a scum PM doesn't stand out - of course, this argument does not hold if SpyreX typed it out himself looking at your claims.

My thoughts on the plan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cruelty is confirmed

One of {Magna, SpyreX, Zang} is scum. Rest two are town.

Lynch TheSkeward today.

Weak vigs vig one of the other two weak vigs - you do not announce your target in the thread beforehand.
Tomorrow we have the vigs claim their targets in random order.
a) Case:
Only one kill - that being cruelty

First person (say Zang) claims: "I targeted SpyreX". Gives chance to Magna to CC - "But so did I. And he was not killed - you're scum". This basically means the scum is either Zang or Magna in this case -> effectively can clear one of them.
b) Case:
Only one kill - that being a town weak vig

Again its between the remaining two.
c) Case:
Two kills - one being the cop, one being scum in the WV set

Clears other two vigs. We should have won the game by now if TheSkeward is scum. Otherwise lynch Darox for the win.
d) Case:
Two kills - one being the cop, one being town in the WV set

Impossible - in fact this is a key assumption to the plan highlighted above - I believe scum cannot emulate the weak vig skill and it was a FC provided by the mod or made up.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Sprex wrote:Its not "Well, even with the investigation there's a chance he's a godfather."
You’ve summed it up for me. You scanned Innocent. You’ve claimed to be a Weak Vig when 4 seems pretty unlikely for balance purposes. I know myself and Yos are Weak Vigs for certain. I feel fairly confident that Zang is a Weak Vig. The simplest explanation is that you are a fake-claiming Godfather.
Sprex wrote:Know what else is missing? Reasons for me being scum. Funny how that works.
Sprex wrote:You'll get your case when the time comes
The hypocracy / double-standard / disconnection speaks for itself. You have no case on me but that’s fine. But no case on you (which is false BTW)? Scum alert.
Sprex wrote:Say what actually is happening: I'm attacking the garbage cases and stances that make far more sense coming from scum - you, TS, Josh.
Funny, my case for you being scum is much better than your garbage statements that I am scum. Again your only attack rests in trying to link me to TheSkeward.
Sprex wrote:@Zang: If TS gets lynched today and IS town, go ahead and shoot me. Otherwise, shoot Manga.
If I'm lying you wont die.
If you're lying I wont die.

There you go.
Laughably you can’t even get my name right. It’s M-A-G-N-A. And I’m fine with this scenario because I’m confident you will not be able to kill me with Zang. If Skeward is lynched and flips scum I’m thrilled. Because then the only way you kill me is with a normal night-kill. Thus cruelty lives and gets another investigation of either ooba or Darox.

And if Skeward is innocent then you die, unless your role-blocker scum friend you’ve been warning about actually exists.
Spyrex wrote:A game with the ability to post YOUR PMS in thread? Yea, there's fakeclaims. It wasn't even discussed because much like miller-land its a given for game balance.
Of course fake claims must be exactly the same role as a real Town PR. They’d never be VTs. :roll: Ooba has the best answer of course … you probably fabricated a fake-claim of your own rather than use whatever one you say with certainty is in the game.
Spyrex wrote:Dragoon IS a "job". In fact, if one wants to get all flavor slappy it makes the most sense as a vig.
Of course it’s a job. It’s a military job – mounted infantry. It makes perfect flavor sense as a regular vig. As part of an angry mob of normal villagers, the weak vig? Not so much, but thanks for playing.
Spyrex wrote:In the event I am wrong about that then the statement becomes even more ludicrous.
The part where you’re inconsistent with your theory in whatever way makes your current argument look better? That holds up regardless. Remember you catch-phrase of Dissonance?
Spyrex wrote: Yes, I am saying that because its such a huge logic fail my lord I know I have problems with logic almost as much as reading HALP ME:

Miller / Weak Vigilante. Two parts. Separated. For a reason.
I’ll try to ‘Halp you’ - Two aspects of the same role. Your argument that they aren’t quote “pieces of the same role” is just wrong. The flavor of this game isn’t standard Mafia. Two traditionally separate roles melded into ONE role.
Sprex wrote: Done. Choo choo buckaroo'.
Are you saying you want a Thomas the Tank engine avatar? Ok I’ll find something cute for you.
Sprex wrote:If you're saying its a logical fallacy: why. Why is it? Are the statistics wrong?
The probablities were decided when role PMs went out. It doesn’t matter what the odds of you getting your role were … it happened. And please don’t confuse Skeward for myself … I hold no illusions that all Weak Vigs are Millers. You keep saying that it’s statistically unlikely for him to hit you as a 1/7 shot when he could hit Mafia or a theoretical miller. I’m saying it’s 100% likely he hit you because he chose you. Random chance has no meaning when Cruelty gets to actively choose his targets. Given I think you are scum the Godfather role explains the Innocent read quite nicely.
Sprex wrote:But I thought you were soooo cooool with shooting me or yourself earlier OHH NOES.
Reminding Cruelty of the realities of the situation has nothing to do with whether I am ‘cool’ with vigging you or I. I’m confident you can only kill me with a normal Mafia kill so I’m not worried about two nightkills if Zang wants to go that way. And I’m confident vigging you bags us a Mafian.
ooba wrote: (Magna, was your pitchfork question related to your role in any way?).
Yes it was but it hardly qualifies as a strong breadcrumb so I didn’t bother including it. The others were more than sufficent. Good eye though.

Regarding your plan I can agree to it. The only potential downfalls are if Skeward is not a Mafia roleblocker and one is hiding out there or if there actually are 4 Weak Vigs. In either case we probably lose during night anyway so the downside is fairly low.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Zang »

Magna wrote:Laughably you can’t even get my name right. It’s M-A-G-N-A. And I’m fine with this scenario because I’m confident you will not be able to kill me with Zang. If Skeward is lynched and flips scum I’m thrilled. Because then the only way you kill me is with a normal night-kill. Thus cruelty lives and gets another investigation of either ooba or Darox.

And if Skeward is innocent then you die, unless your role-blocker scum friend you’ve been warning about actually exists.
I'm pretty sure your town but I don't understand this. As town you should have no problem sacrificing yourself for the town. If theSkeward is scum, me and spyrex are going to try and you, if it succeeds he's tellling the truth and if not we lynch him tommorow.If theskeward is town, we are killing Spyrex.

So

Vote: The Skeward
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

It looks like town is determined to mislynch today. You guys had better fucking lynch SpryeX tomorrow. Don't let him slip out of it.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good lord this game.

Now I'm scum buddies with TS if TS is scum.

If I reallly need to I'll respond to that load of garbagio's up there BUT how bouts instead we just go ahead and win the game right here with a TS lynch.

And, again:

If TS is town, shoot at me.
If TS is scum, shoot at manga.
Show

Proud member of BaM
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

ok

we lynch skeward today (or whoever, but i'm leaning skeward)

magna and sprex shoot each other

zang flips a coin and shoots one of the two. this is pretty crucial, if he shoots at magna who doesn't die, then clearly spyrex is scum, and vice versa.

meanwhile i'll be investigating one of ooba and darox (or magna should skeward flip scum).

spyrex is not a roleblocker, so if skeward flips roleblocker we're golden. whoever zang decides will flip, if he hits inno then we can lynch the other for the
win.

if skeward flips town, then uhh

we go into tomorrow with zang probably/possibly blocked and 2 town down (probably me + skeward).

it'll be 5v2 lylo.

i
think
that works. zang not revealing who he's going to kill i think forces whichever it is out of spyrex/magna to kill the other and hope zang was shooting with them.

or they can shoot zang and gamble that zang didn't shoot them (i think vig kills > scum kills?), gives us a 50/50 either way and means scum can't really be 100% happy with their kill.

any other alternatives?
the nexus of the crisis
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:33 am

Post by TheSkeward »

I have a better idea. Let's do this exact same plan but lynch Darox instead.

Unvote; Vote: Darox
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 5:00 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:As for ‘betting heavy money’ I’ll wager with you the following since we actually can’t bet money –

Attempting to use pressure or promises outside the game to influence its outcome is against the spirit of the game; consider this deal nixed. Any further attempts like this will be dealt with harshly.

Vote Count:

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

(3) TheSkeward: Ooba, SpyreX, Zang
(1) Darox: TheSkeward

(3) Not Voting: cruelty, MagnaofIllusion, Darox

Day Three ends by June 3rd at 4 pm PST.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Darox »

Hey guys.

Coming up with elaborate scum team proposals with no clues but a dead traitor is a great idea!
Oh Wait.
It's a terrible idea and quick suicide for town.

Let's look at the setup as it stands.

3 weak vigs
1 cop
1 blocker
2 VT
(Almost certainly)
2 scum hidden amongst them.
Both claiming weak vigs is all but impossible given the second death N2.

Given that 4 vigs would mean 3 potential night kills, this seems unlikely as the true setup, meaning 1 of the 3 vigs is scum.

Scum as cop is possible, but risky considering cruelty should be dead tommorow.

Which makes it likely to be either the blocker or one of the two VT's.

So.

One of myself, Ooba, or Skeward should be lynched.

The vig trio should be worked out so that the two most suspicious members fire at each other, with the third randomly picking one to shoot.

Cruelty should investigate one of the two people out of myself, Ooba, or Skeward who was not lynched.

Doing this, we should have a reasonable turn out. If cruelty is scum, I think we're boned, but in all other situations we should be able to coast to victory.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:31 am

Post by cruelty »

isn't that basically what i just said?
the nexus of the crisis
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Darox »

Pretty much, although you shouldn't investigate either of the two vigs shooting at each other in any circumstance.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 3:12 am

Zang wrote:I'm pretty sure your town but I don't understand this. As town you should have no problem sacrificing yourself for the town. If theSkeward is scum, me and spyrex are going to try and you, if it succeeds he's tellling the truth and if not we lynch him tommorow.If theskeward is town, we are killing Spyrex.
I think you don’t understand because you aren’t reading clearly into what I am saying. I am more than fine with you trying to shoot me if TheSkeward flips scum simply because I’m confident that Sprex is not a Weak Vig. Thus if I die tonight (assuming that Skeward is the lynch and flips scum) I’m more than certain that it is because the normal Mafia kill, not the Angry Mob kill, was used on me. In that case that assures that Cruelty lives another night to scan another player. So I have no problems with the plan as laid out.
Skeward wrote:It looks like town is determined to mislynch today. You guys had better fucking lynch SpryeX tomorrow. Don't let him slip out of it.
Did you not read the general discussion involving weak vigging? If you for some reason flip town Sprex gets pitchforked and burned at the stake tonight.
Skeward wrote: I have a better idea. Let's do this exact same plan but lynch Darox instead.
Any supporting reasons why? This isn’t exactly a compelling case as to why Darox is more likely scum than you.
Sprex wrote:Now I'm scum buddies with TS if TS is scum.
Yes because scum would never bus each other to gain town cred … :roll:
Cruelty wrote:or they can shoot zang and gamble that zang didn't shoot them (i think vig kills > scum kills?), gives us a 50/50 either way and means scum can't really be 100% happy with their kill.
Standard procedure is generally for all kills to work simultaneously as in most games so I’d say scum can’t outdraw the Weak Vigs and prevent their death.

Here’s my usual post describing my V/LA this weekend starting at 4pm EDT today. I’ll use what time I have to mull over who of Skeward / ooba / Darox I’d like to see lynched if Skeward isn’t hammered by the time I get back.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Zang »

Can somebody hammer now?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You know whats fun?

Watching Manga play both sides of this argument then vanishing.

Lets do this.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 7:13 am

Post by TheSkeward »

With the exception of SpryeX, everyone on my wagon seems to think a Skewlynch is interchangeable with a Daroxlynch and that I'm no scummier than him. So let's do this plan, but lynch Darox instead.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by cruelty »

vote: skeward

zang you're up.
the nexus of the crisis
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

That's a hammer. Go town. Zang, shoot SpryeX. If SpryeX is still alive tomorrow, lynch him. If not, lynch Darox.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”