bv310 (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (1)
- ooba

14 votes available, 8 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is June 3, ~ 7 pm PDT

I will have limited access through Thursday, so I may not be able to keep up with vote counts if things start moving quickly.

wolframnhart wrote:
mod if you feel like you need to replace me i understand but i will be back tuesday if that is ok
V/LA is noted.

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Absent 2-12 June due to business trip, unclear whether I will have internet access.

If you want to replace me, go ahead (it also appears that players demand far more time spent on the game than I am used to from the past).
I will make a decision on this when the time comes. I will let you keep playing for now.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by BlazezRb »

So its between Dana and D3x....

I don't think it matters who gets lyched :wink:
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Orly? Care to explain? I think it matters. Even if they are both scum, getting the last Jabba scum is better.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by BlazezRb »

LynchMePls wrote:Orly? Care to explain? I think it matters. Even if they are both scum, getting the last Jabba scum is better.
Just a hunch, i know nothing.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by d3x »

@dan- Are you planning on answering my p919?

@DP- Are you planning on answering my p965?

@Blaze- So you are gut Voting between the 2 biggest Wagons with no real grasp on what's going ~1 1/2 weeks before deadline? What is your take on the game? Do you have anything insightful to add?

@allConsidering no one besides dan has answered my inquiry, I'll Claim now. I have nothing and do nothing. I'm an Ewok, specifically Wicket: Alliance 'Vanilla' Town.

@Unsolicited thoughts- I'm not liking the disappearing act that we've got with TF {hasn't posted since Wednesday}, AGM {last Sunday and prodded}, and Kthx {no
real
posts since last Saturday}. The deadline is starting to close in on us and I'm the 'strongest' Wagon because I've got a pack of Lurkers riding me. I still mostly think Kthx is Town, but I'm growing more and more doubtful as the days wear on.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Kdub »

AlmasterGM has picked up his prod but has not posted. I am prodding him again and will replace him if he does not post soon. Toon Fighter has also been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

got prodded, posting

I am inclined to believe d3x's claim. He does seem frustrated with all the votes on him, but I would be too in his case. His character is oddly minor, so it may be a fakeclaim, but, as mine is also very minor, I can believe it.

dana seems odd. He slowly puts pressure on d3x to get his claim, saying that his claim is better if it comes at L-2. That isn't scummy per se, but it can be somewhat suspicous. Seeing as I believe d3x's claim and don't want to be accused of NOT bandwagoning today, I shall
unvote, vote: dana
~Toon fighter~
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by d3x »

/facepalm
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Kthxbye »

For those of you waiting on some big case on d3x from me, I'm sorry to disappoint. My bad vibes from d3x stem directly from his abnormal play (from my perspective). I've never seen the inconsistent play that I pointed out in my vote post of him since I've known him. I still don't like it, but I can see the case on dana and can get behind it as well.

I will point out that I don't really like/understand the claim from d3x in p979. It's almost hidden which is a little odd. At this point, I could see both being scum with dana having a better PR which would explain the lack of 'fight' from d3x. Again, most this stems from gut rather than facts I can produce for those of you wanting to just jump on the biggest bandwagon.

The main post that makes me

Unvote, Vote: dana

is the one from LMP p971. I don't know where you got the idea that I was going to come up with some 'awesome' post, but I'd like to know where you got that idea from. All I remember saying is I still liked my vote on d3x.

It's nothing d3x has said that has me changing my vote, it's rather those on the wagon that give me pause.

L-1 dana...time to claim.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 am

Post by LimMePls »

Kthxbye wrote:I don't know where you got the idea that I was going to come up with some 'awesome' post, but I'd like to know where you got that idea from.
Are you kidding me?
Kthxbye wrote:I'm leaving my vote on d3x very much on purpose and I'll tell you why next post. Suffice it to say that it's basically due to me knowing him in real life (which he mentioned) and due to that connection seeing things you all dismiss as reasons to believe he's scum.
That was Thursday. Nothing contributive from you until this sudden dana vote.

Unvote

I don't want a quick hammer here yet, Kthx's post seems really scummy to me.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:31 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Kthxbye I want to know what you're RL knowledge of him made you think he was scum. I want to know what "connection seeing things you all dismiss" you were referring to. I want to know why you made that statement and then suddenly switched without ever providing the post you said you would.

@dana I unvoted to keep you from being quick lynched. I'd still consider yourself L-1.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:32 am

Post by LimMePls »

Sorry for triple post, but I'd also really like to give ooba time to finish his analysis, I think there is some really great stuff in it. No harm in waiting for that to finish before we settle on a lynch.

V/LA on weekends
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Kthxbye »

nope, not kidding.

As far as my RL knowledge that makes me get a scummy vibe from him...well, pretty sure I posted that already. It was my initial case and reason for voting him in the first place. As far as some of you dismissing that case, I was merely stating that it's a much more solid case knowing him than those who dismissed it so easily think. Like I've said, I've never seen him give in like that before. If you don't like my gut read on him, not my problem.

As for the vote on dana, who cares if it's L-1 or L-2? Why you freaking out so much? If dana is town, do you really think scum are going to quick hammer? Have you ever seen that happen in a non-nub game? I haven't. Your over-reaction is noted.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:52 am

Post by LimMePls »

I'm not "freaking out", I'm frustrated by your sudden switch without the evidence you claimed you were going to provide. Did you not see me quote your statement? You said you wanted your vote to stay on d3x and you would explain why later. I assumed that this explanation would have to be pretty stellar since there is a monster of a case on dana.

It's not scum quick hammer I'm afraid of, its people (lurkers like TF in particular) voting between the vote counts and not realizing it's a hammer I'm afraid of.

I still feel gypped Kthx, but seeing as how I didn't want to lynch d3x anyways, I guess it's not a total loss. dana has until ooba's last analysis post to convince me, otherwise I'm back on the wagon.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mod: I will be V/LA Wednesday 26th thru Tuesday 1st for Memorial Day weekend. I will check in as often as I can.

Noted

V/LA on weekends
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

LynchMePls wrote: It's not scum quick hammer I'm afraid of, its people (lurkers like TF in particular) voting between the vote counts and not realizing it's a hammer I'm afraid of.
Everytime I voted I checked the vote count. Everytime I posted I read the previous posts. If I hammer its because I wanted to hammer -.-
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Toon Fighter wrote:got prodded, posting

I am inclined to believe d3x's claim. He does seem frustrated with all the votes on him, but I would be too in his case. His character is oddly minor, so it may be a fakeclaim, but, as mine is also very minor, I can believe it.

dana seems odd. He slowly puts pressure on d3x to get his claim, saying that his claim is better if it comes at L-2. That isn't scummy per se, but it can be somewhat suspicous. Seeing as I believe d3x's claim and don't want to be accused of NOT bandwagoning today, I shall
Yawn, fencesitting and openly admitting to not wanting to appear scummy.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:54 am

Post by LimMePls »

@TF: You'll forgive me if I assume otherwise. You may be following along perfectly well, but I'm not going to assume that from someone who posts so infrequently. While I have little experience with forum mafia, I find it highly likely that people who need multiple prods in a game may get lazy and just jump on a convenient wagon, especially if they are scum, which I still think you are.
Toon Fighter wrote:His character is oddly minor, so it may be a fakeclaim, but, as mine is also very minor, I can believe it.
And while I have your attention, what the hell is with this soft claim?

I don't know where my FOS is right now, but I'm moving it.

UnFOS
FOS: Toon Fighter

V/LA on weekends
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 7:03 am

Post by ooba »

D3

Scott wagon
: LMP(1) -> bv(2) -> d3x(3) -> bv unvote(2) -> d3x unvote(1)
Slicey wagon
: TF(1)
TF wagon
: Scott(1)
SoG wagon
: Slicey(1) -> wolf(2) -> ooba(3) -> DP(4) -> AlGm(5) -> FS(6) -> RC(7) -> ooba unvote(6) -> Kast(7) -> d3x(8) -> bv(9)

Post 776: @LMP – Cannot determine from his post why he feels both Scott and dana are scum.
Post 778: @LMP - “You thought RC was scummy? Care to share why? I had the opposite read.”. Could be scum partner gloating about RC getting investigated
Post 780: Very strong d3x ~ SoG. Wants to lynch Scott over SoG. I find the fact that he does not mention SoG at all to be most suspicious.
Post 781: @Slicey – This post confuses me. Had a very strong empire read on him so far.
Post 788: @DP – SoG as likely town?
Post 799: @d3x - “I'd be down for sog or Scott, but I'm not really for a QuickLynch here.“. Just think its relevant because of a little theory I have about Day three.

D4

d3x
: dana(2)
wolframnhart
: TF(3) -> dana(4)
ooba
:
Kast
: dana(1)
Toon Fighter
: d3x(4) -> dana(6)
Dragon Phoenix
: d3x(6)
Slicey
: TF(4)
LynchMePls
: TF(2) -> AlGm(1) -> dana(5) -> NoVote
AlmasterGM
: d3x(3)
Scott Brosius
: TF(1)
danakillsu
: d3x(5)
BlazeRB (FC Groningen)
: d3x(6)
Kthxbye
: d3x(1) -> dana(7)
bv310
: d3x(2) -> dana(3)

Post 871 – @DP - “Read: townish/scummish”?
Post 874 – @Kthxbye - excellent post. Mirrors my thoughts on d3x. Although he is reaching with the later points like “If everyone is gunning for the shield, why would you then put the L-1 down?”,
Post 896 – @Kast\LMP - Just because I cannot stop myself – Agree with Kast here – torturing seems to be a emperor kill sign.
Post 897 – @d3x
1) Why the need to comment on Kast’s one line?. Further pointing to the fact that if d3x is scum, he is empire scum.
2) DP ~ d3x. Comments on DP’s ISOs but asks him why he choose that particular order instead of the more pertinent point – Town on dana, scott, toon, FCG, dana. Null on kthx. Scummy on nobody?
3) “It should look like 'I don't want us to QuickLynch a potentially Town aligned PR considering he's been tracked performing a Night Action that he doesn't want to be outted'. “ – Hmm SoG just said he did not track anyone – could also point to VI (at that point before the claim).
4) Mentions AGM at the end without any previous mention
Post 925: Slicey != TF
Post 957 + earlier post 909: One or both of Strong Slicey ~ d3x. Strong Slicey ~ dana.

My scum list in next post. Gimme about half an hour to collate my thoughts
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Kast »

Scanned through to catch up. Let me know if I'm missing any questions to me.

@L-1 vs L-2-
L-1 means caught scum can self-hammer to deny town time to finish thoughts. That's one of the HUGE reasons to keep someone at L-2 while promised posts are made.

@Kthxbye/LMP-
I had the same initial read as LMP, that Kthxbye's post sounded like a promise for a case/explanation of his case based on meta.

On re-read, I guess the initial post is ambiguously worded enough that it could simply be referencing his previous post.

I don't really follow Kthxbye's reason for switching.

@Ooba-
I like that you're posting your thoughts and catching up. Great. If you can do a summary post with your conclusions of your re-read, that would be even more helpful.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:59 am

Post by ooba »

@Mod
: Please remove the duplicate post above

Imperial scum possibles:

Slicey

- SoG’s initial defense of k7
- The contradiction about knowing hp was bulletproof when he said he does not re-read earlier days leads me to believe he got a synopsis from his scum buddies
- Backtracking of CMAR town opinion was scummy
- Plus I have a theory due to 523, 525 and 717: These posts indicate that Slicey was sure that RC was scum on D2. In fact he spotted RC’s weak Fos of WS which no-one else did because he was so focused on RC. Plus his slip that CMAR might be a “scum cop” who was trying to get a innocent on a townie. Why not just say CMAR is scum goon trying to claim innocent on somebody else for townie points? Since the jabba group had a tracker, we can safely say that the empire group would have an investigative role.

In short, I believe Slicey is a scum role cop who caught RC jabba.

Also there’s the fact of the N3 night kill choice by the empire – if torturing is palpatine’s kill sig, why did they pick RC? Why not pick wolf or kast? Someone might bring up the argument that they might have thought RC might be a GF, but logic dictates that if you are trying for a cross kill, you try and kill one of the other uncofirmeds since you might hit other scum member(s)+GF giving you better chances. Only point where that does not hold true is if you know RC was scum.

d3x

- Initial scumdar of four had all confirmed town (if you count scott as town)
- My scum read is based on links with Slicey and day three play
- I think Kthx has already mentioned it but I’ll give you the on-the-go version. First post of the day basically ignores SoG and aims to see if one can get an alternate lynch going on scott. Second post wants SoG to be able to claim. The subsequent voting of SoG can be ignored as a contradiction since it was very clear that SoG was the lynch that day after farside’s claim.
- Plus another point which no one has brought up – SoG’s claim was the most plausible of all scum claims. (it convinced me and Kast). I am sure the empire team put in some effort into that since SoG was on the town suspect list. My point being – it was very good flavor wise – d*x had already claimed to be a star wars nerd earlier in the thread and his post of avoiding a quicklynch give me a vibe that he had a role to play In preparing that FC.

Links between Slicey and d3x
- Slicey has never voted for d3x and vice versa
- Post 203 where d3x defends the k7 lynch as a policy lynch
- Post 967 where Slicey comes to the aid of d3x. Plus 957,909.

DP
has a strong chance of imperial scum
- If there are four members, DP has a good chance of being the last scum.
- Tag him as someone who just wants to survive and be in the background. His most recent analysis is an example of this.
- I think post 341 on day one was scummy.
- The “mindless” bandwagon vote on Slicey is a strong link.

Dark horse candidate:
FCG
. I spotted links SoG and FCG and k7 and FCG. However not as strong as d3x. Plus DP totally ignoring FCG’s challenge posts already lead me to think only one of DP, FCG can be scum i.e they cannot be partners.

Jabba Scum possibles:

AlGm

- Defense of WS: 491
- Starting wagon on bv without hearing an opinion from his previous suspect: 497
- WS’s weak bus in the last line of 502
- Active lurking for the most part so the fact that I found such strong links in so little posts is telling

Dana

Two major points brought out by Kast
- The strongest point - The entire torture=GMT jump seems odd. Plus add the fact that she brought out GMT might be an investigative role - Probably points to inside info
- The last few posts where dana thinks bv might be GMT and trying to tar him points to panicked scum OR paranoid town.
- RC calling dana vs CMAR = town vs town
- However I cannot see any links from dana’s side to RC or WS

Another point about the Jabba scum. The “swallowed” kill sig either points to Jabba or one of his monsters. Now the fact that FS had already claimed that she had used up the one shot roleblock power she had meant that she was as powerless as wolf or Kast? So why not kill them – after all wolf is the partner of a claimed mason and kast had demonstrated his day vig ability. You could have always argued about FS being GF later and saying something like “I do not see anybody in the SW universe having a one-shot protect”. Point being, with superior kill options – I think farside was killed because she was suspicious of the Jabba team.
farside22 wrote:WS notes in iso:

Town: bv310, wolf, Kast, Charlie

leaning town:
ooba, Scott, danakillsu

leaning scum

Dragon Phoenix, Konowa, FC, Alamaster, d3x, Slicey

Scum: SOG, ToonFighter

WS orginal vote on Scott here
Slight scum read from WS here on Scott post 541

Note this leads me to believe dana not scum with WS post 611 but increases my belief that TF is scum.

Anyone not on the list put under neutral.
I think the fact that FS suspected Almaster to be scum and dana to be town makes me think that AlGm has more chances of being the last Jabba scum than dana.

So I’ll
Vote:AlGm
. Also I’d like people respond to any posts of theirs I’ve highlighted and asked questions of.

P.S: Regarding claim, I think we’ve had most of the prominient characters claiming save some. Most of the people left are going to be minor. Clearing anybody because they claimed a minor character is funny.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 am

Post by LimMePls »

ooba wrote:Post 776: @LMP – Cannot determine from his post why he feels both Scott and dana are scum.
Post 778: @LMP - “You thought RC was scummy? Care to share why? I had the opposite read.”. Could be scum partner gloating about RC getting investigated
I don't think these are questions, but I guess I'll explain anyways. My 776 was after my very first read of the thread when I was replacing in. I remember getting pretty big scum vibes off Scott, and a few small ones from dana. I don't remember what specifically they were, and I thought my post (which was a wall of text) explained them. I'll let 776 speak for itself, unless you have any specific questions.

As for the "gloating", I was just surprised, I thought Scott was a better pick. Apparently bv thought Scott was a decent choice, since he chose Scott the next night, and defended me by saying it was a fair question to ask. I agreed with RC's voting and FOSing on D2, that's why I thought he was town. Now that I'm learning the ropes a bit, I see this is a bad reason to suspect someone is/isn't scum.

@ooba: The reason you vote AGM over dana is farside's opinion? If so, then why doesn't Toon Fighter make a much better lynch? Toon Fighter has been on pretty much EVERYONE's scum list, including CMAR and farside (in fact, farside's scum, not just leaning scum), but he doesn't appear to even make your list. Why do you think TF isn't scum?

I really like that farside post. Interesting that farside thought dana was not a scum buddy of WS.

V/LA on weekends
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 9:49 am

Post by BlazezRb »

d3x wrote:@dan- Are you planning on answering my p919?

@Blaze- So you are gut Voting between the 2 biggest Wagons with no real grasp on what's going ~1 1/2 weeks before deadline? What is your take on the game? Do you have anything insightful to add?

I read about the game. But yeah, I was out on a limb.
d3x wrote:@allConsidering no one besides dan has answered my inquiry, I'll Claim now. I have nothing and do nothing. I'm an Ewok, specifically Wicket: Alliance 'Vanilla' Town
So now you are claiming to be town and even if you are not lynched, your bound to be killed sooner or later.
ToonFighter wrote:I am inclined to believe d3x's claim. He does seem frustrated with all the votes on him, but I would be too in his case. His character is oddly minor, so it may be a fakeclaim, but, as mine is also very minor, I can believe it.

This post pretty much describes what I feel about that claim. I came in this game with the gun pointed at d3x. But since he
CLAIMS
to be a townie. I'm not sure.

Unvote

I will take more time in my choice in the future.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Kast »

But since he
CLAIMS

Unvote
You don't want to lynch D3x because he claimed to be town? Someone tell me I am reading this wrong...

The amount of nonsense in this post blows my mind. wow...there are no words...
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:14 am

Post by BlazezRb »

Kast wrote:
But since he
CLAIMS

Unvote
You don't want to lynch D3x because he claimed to be town? Someone tell me I am reading this wrong...
I look to these posts for my reasons:

CMAR wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous. I am Yoda (Alliance Jack-of-All-Trades). I officially dislike Scott, dana (I've always disliked you), Toon, and SoG.
kdub wrote:CryMeARiver was Yoda (Alliance Jack-of-All-Trades),
stabbed in the back
Night 2.
I'm on board now. I think this is absolutely the right vote and that you are the last Jabba scum. I still think one of TF or AGM are scum, but this wagon is now the superior wagon.[/quote]

Even if I am an idiot for unvoting d3x, the post above explains that d3x is probably speaking the truth. I'm probably making a fool of myself to make a post, but I am just saying what I see here.

Vote: Danakillsu

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”