Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Zorblag »

For what it's worth, the mass claim only really let me move StrangerCoug and imaginality around a little bit in terms of suspects. I would have shot at animorpherv1 and DrippingGoofball first in any case (in some order) after the three outed members of the government. After that I had the two of them as decent shots and almost everyone else as poor choices based on the information that had already come out.

Keeping the fact that I could shoot more than once a day under wraps was clearly part of my plan for drawing the government out. If they thought I could just kill them one at a time it made them less likely to try to stay hidden. That didn't actually pan out in a useful way but so be it. It also made it better for me to take quick shots in the early game just for information/disinformation purposes.

It probably took me longer than it should to figure out that I was safe enough with my claim. I ran a big risk when I didn't make it till I was at L-1. And then when Ellibereth confirmed it but didn't take me off L-1 he pretty much killed any chances he had of me trusting him for the rest of the game.

Also, I really do claim that I went into this game attempting to be hyper-present just to combat some recent meta that I've picked up (sadly, mostly for people who ended up leaving soon or being in the scum team and for whom it didn't matter.) I suppose that if DrippingGoofball thinks it's based on the role I got it might be useful in the future for one of us.

I'm not sure what to think about the roles being distributed non-randomly. I did appreciate not having to work with anyone else I suppose.

@popsofctown, you had me fooled there. Great work! To answer your skepticism about how I can end up with a decent town record with an attitude like that I'll in part point to my final paragraph (catching scum isn't really my strength as I said earlier so I don't try to get people to follow my lead because I'm often wrong) and say that I've learned that if I am alive in LyLo I need to ditch all my assumptions and look instead at why I'm alive. This game I was wrong about as often as usual (which means I was right about something like half my reads) but you ended up being the townie that I tunneled on by mistake. And DrippingGoofball tried to say I wasn't doing that. *chuckles*

Finally, that's the least responsive group of people I've ever had on a bandwagon on me. I'm supposed to help the town by not being a lynch and by drawing mafia night kills away from town power roles; I completely failed to do that here. In order for that to happen I need to have people who are willing to listen to my cases and examine what's actually happened in the game. I like to think that it's not just my end of things that broke down this time.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'd probably have to read the game from an omniscient perspective to see how well the mafia scum team worked.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

UncertainKitten wrote:Yep, that was really fucking stupid DGB.
You don't have to be rude.

Especially since I was correct.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Chronopie »

FTR: I was kind of disappointed that the only cop roles in the game were myself (Mafia rolecop), and parama (+Charter/Plum) (town other-cop), and an other one-shot.

Why did the scum pick plum as the final NK? Would have made more sense to target any other townie, and let plum say that UK was Other for an outright win, rather than Zor throwing in the towel. ofc plum was absent for some reason...

--

Also ftr: I would have chosen scum myself, had I the choice, but replacing into a scum slot was good.

And I never
Mislead
outright lied to the town on my investigative results. Fishy
Non-town
Govt. Other, Jack
Town
VT, UK
Non-town
SK.

--

I'd originally planed to claim President, but then Zorblag claimed anti-govt. shooter, and Fishy claimed access to point boards, and transmission (-ve points to scum i.e. me), so I threw together a miller claim on the fly.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Zorblag wrote:Keeping the fact that I could shoot more than once a day under wraps was clearly part of my plan for drawing the government out. If they thought I could just kill them one at a time it made them less likely to try to stay hidden.
That was awesomely evil, Troll. Loved it.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Happy enough with my play, although I really wish SC-UK had managed to decode my redirections I posted in the QT (which I did post before I died, just about 20 minutes beforehand).

I basically IDed all the other as scum, and then half the mafia as town and the other half as scum. Wish I would have stayed on RC more after his softclaim though, my attempt to vig him failed, and I really wish I would have killed him the second night instead of Jack. That would of been a game changer.

I also almost redirected N1 DGB to gamma in an attempt to kill as many players as possible. Just never had the guts to because I figured it would kill at least one doctor and maybe a watcher.

Almost redirected to gamma N2 as well.

Dang

Also way more people picked scum than I expected, was thinking it would be ultra-powerful 3 man team or something. Mass sniping hurt town a whole lot, removed six from the game flat out. Made it a 11-5-1... ugh.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Chrono:I chose Plum out of fakeclaim paranoia- with her backing up charter there was no way she was lying or had some secret BP ability, whereas there was a small chance that SC/pops got inquisition'd and shared NK immunity with UK, and UK would have just brought out the Prisoner's Dilemma thing anyway with assuming 2 mafia left+a serial killer, we would have wound up no lynching to win either way I think.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:Yep, that was really fucking stupid DGB.
You don't have to be rude.

Especially since I was correct.
For the wrong reasons, and that's what bugs the hell out of me.

However, the rudeness was unnecessary, I apologize.

Looking back on that that was completely unnecessary bitchiness. I even bested you and avoided getting lynched for your wild accusations.

...I really don't know what's gotten into me lately...

Seriously, I should just say this now. To everyone I was an utter bitch to this game, I'm sorry. I'm sure it was relatively unnecessary, and I really have no excuse for it.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Plum »

Question: What was including the potential alignment
Unknown
for, setup creators/Mod?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Vi »

Plum 1958 wrote:Question: What was including the potential alignment
Unknown
for, setup creators/Mod?
Well you know me; on occasion I throw out roles that make no sense and just tell them to do their best. :D

Actually, I think that was just zorotter trying to be complete. But I really should do that sometime.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

For potential Janitoring i thinks
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Plum »

Vi wrote:
Plum 1958 wrote:Question: What was including the potential alignment
Unknown
for, setup creators/Mod?
Well you know me; on occasion I throw out roles that make no sense and just tell them to do their best. :D

Actually, I think that was just zorotter trying to be complete. But I really should do that sometime.
;)

Still, it wasn't as if you could choose Unknown as your alignment (though that would be a cool trainwreck because, if I may say so, I'd expect an even split between Other and Unknown in that case, assuming the Unknownness was known to be able to be rescinded midgame by some force or other).

I was telling SpyreX somewhere before I replaced in that I was expecting a really high number of Other choices.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by zoraster »

you're both right. at one point I was putting one of the abilities the gov had as anti-town (even though they were mostly pro-town). One of them was a janitored vig kill. If you hit town, you got points, if mafia then minus points. So sorta town, but since they have to use it (- points for not using an ability after all), they'd be forced to jan.

Anyway, in this brief period before better heads prevailed, I did the rules. But I left it in. In general, I'm a fan of semi-open type stuff... I like to give players a fair bit of information when possible, but I prefer to give TOO much. I try not to be a bastard mod, but I love a little mod-wifom.

But yeah, unknown is most likely a person who's been janitored.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi wrote:
Given my luck in getting/replacing into Tar roles, I'm going to have to give that idea a solid
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm always up for a little (little) Bastard Moddery myself, so long as I/everyone else knows that they're getting into something a slight bit twisted.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I think anyone who picks "other" when given the choice has to know they're signing up for something really challenging.
For sure.
I just saw that RedCoyote Tracked "the path of the moon across the sky". Glad to see someone else here has a sense of humor
I think Gamma did that for me, lol. Our night actions, especially mine, were determined by the collective, as I'm sure you saw.

Big thanks to our Mod, Vi, and Spyrex. I know how much work it must've been to get this thing going, and you deserve big kudos for pulling it off without a hitch. The flavor was great, too!

I don't have much perspective to add gamewise. I basically did what Gamma and DGB told me to, lol. I really wasn't faking the dumb card. I mean, I got the gist of what was going on, but I think all the extra abilites were throwing me off. I can't imagine how I would've felt as a VT coming into this. The best move of the game is a tie between Gamma claiming PGO (looking over the QTs, almost everyone had begun to figure in how a PGO would fit with their plans... so awesome) and Zorblag's multiple sniping.

The win over the town, UK, and the government factions is great, but it's a shame we couldn't have taken out Zorblag earlier (although he probably made winning a lot easier).

I do not like the instant nightless, and I don't really like nightless at all. I think a break is helpful if you want to look back over the game and reread over parts. The only benefit to nightless, I think, is daytalk. Maybe I just don't have the same level of commitment that some of the other players have, because I think everyone else really likes it. With the added work it requires, I have no idea how the Mod was able to pull it off as easily as it seemed.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I couldn't disagree more about how nice nightless is. HOWEVER, it is a pain in the ass to mod and Zor really deserves mad props for how well that went.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Agreed, Nightless is so much more awesome. Who decided that there was going to be a serious lack of cops on the town's side?

--

Game could have turned out with a much different result if Zorblag had been killed before D4, as it would have been another 5 people aligned with the town, for us to sort through to find those last few townies.

--

Plum, who did you investigate N4? Did charter hammer me before you could change to UK, and would you have?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Vi AND I were on the mod committee. You can guarantee there wouldn't be a straight cop in the setup. Period. ;) (not even sure if Zor shares the hate)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Plum »

I don't even think I had a Night 4 target, to my shame.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I think that the lack of any cop (or doc, now that I look back), was a major weakness for the town. ftr: bodyguard can be potentially a big loss for little gain.

I notice that the backups wouldn't even have inherited my Rolecop, had myself/cobalt been first dead. So why a give us a godfather? There were a total of 0 roles that have a result of 'scum' for a GF to negate.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Chrono you never read the beginning of our quicktopic did you :P I had to say multiple times that I had a one-shot bulletproof and not investigation immunity to everyone else (coughDGB) before they understood it.

Considering the number of people that would have been psuedo-cleared in my opinion if things had gone a little differently (Plum for points madness, all of the living non-hostile players if Zorblag hadn't shot them all) a sane cop in the setup would have been pretty terrible for the scum unless it was only one or two-shot, although I think a town/non-town result wouldn't have been too bad given the crazy amount of Others. And there was kind of a doc in the way of imaginality since he used it every night and was trying to protect town.

DDD came up with Red tracking the moon btw.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

? Godfather was simply the boss. Nowhere does it (I'm pretty sure) say anything about cop investigations. He had the 1-shot BP.

And the town had a lot of help. They just chose to give them to the firing squad instead. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:20 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Cops are overpowered. Town power was just fine IMO. Well...actually, it probably could have been a little higher, but a COP would have been a very stupid way to do it. That'd basically be "hurf durf let's hinge towns win on one role :V"

Course, with the way the other cops played out I personally would have preferred investigation immunity, as Zora said, given the fact I ended up having to try and dodge three cops of some flavor. And failing that convince town that those cops were scum. Too bad that stopped working after Chrono :V.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I know it isn't/wasn't sexy to lurk as I often did (sometimes it was me legitimately being MIA, sometimes it was strategic) but it was effective and it's what General DGB told me to do in the her first post in our QT.

I'm not sure we had phenomenal teamwork like zoraster suggested, for most of the beginning and middle of the game we mostly let DGB run the show and while that's certainly effective that we didn't exactly have any massive power struggle it's not like it was an equal partnership or even that hard. Much credit to DGB for Gamma's PGO claim especially because while people may have been skeptical they couldn't overcome their fear to do anything about it.

Zorblag in regards to the beginning of the day where chronopie got lynched; I felt like I had heavily invested in the "can't trust the government" position and for me to flip on that and bus chronopie quickly would've made it super obvious that I was indeed bussing him. Maybe I was mistaken and no one would've picked up on that, but that was my logic for staying off the wagon in the beginning (and then I was simply away from the computer when the lynch was run through on late Friday).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”