Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 6.2

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Let me know, if I made any mistakes.

Thor665 (2):
Steam-Powered Shovel, Cyberbob
Steam-Powered Shovel (1):
MichelSableheart

not voting (1): Thor665
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

MichelSableheart wrote:@Cyberbob, a check to make sure: Does your vote on Thor mean that you are not interested in lynching SPS today?
Not really, no. I pointed out somewhere in that large-ish post above why I don't consider SPS very likely to be scum.

If Thor was magically wiped from the game I'd vote you before SPS.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:47 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Ok. In that case:

Unvote

Vote: Thor665
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

Bah - town loss.

Which of those jerks was scum? I demands to knoweth.

I also still demands to see the case for Thorscum.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

No need to keep up the pretense, Thor.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

I would agree, which is why I'm not. Feel free to keep the blinders on though, it served you very well up to this point and will inevitably lead to many more victories.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

^^^

And actually that sounds harsher then I intended, so apologies immediately.

That said, I do think town was being intractable for reasons I couldn't understand. But I don't mean any insult by that, it is a natural outgrowth of confidence that does happen in the game.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Sorry, it's late in the night, and I have an important exam tomorrow morning. I'll deliver the final scene tomorrow afternoon, I promise!

Yeah, that paragraph above meant the game is over, but who won? Hah, you'll see... In the meantime, I'm locking the thread

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

SEASON 1 FINALE

Looks like the less people around, the less time is needed to make a firm decision.

Thor665
, who managed to escape the gallows last time around, had much less luck today. Everyone else in the conference room were set - Thor is the last mafiosi. He needs to die.

As they came closer to the future victim, Thor tried to turn the tide for the last time.

"This is really not a good idea g-guys."
He tried to steady his shaky voice, but it was impossible in current circumstances.
"You'll lose if you'll kill me now. Don't let that Bazzani scum manipulate you..."

"We'll do as you say, and won't let you manipulate us... Bazzani scum."
replied Steam-Powered Shovel.
"It's over for you."

But Thor didn't abandon hope yet.

"Bob?"
He called Cyberbob for help with begging voice, but it didn't work as well.

"Sorry, God o' Thunders, but you're going down."

"Michel? You believe me, do you? Stop this madness, please."

But Michel only shook his head. He didn't really like what he saw, but he believed there was no other way to win.

Abandoned by everyone, Thor couldn't resist anymore, when 3 remaining Smiths&Catharts workers preapred a noose and executed him.

The Post Mortem analysis of Thor's body and belonging didn't show any sign of treachery from him. Mjolnir wasn't soaked with even a single drop of blood, and he had no gun at all. Just a simple
Vanilla Townie
, like many others.

Shovel, Bob and Michel looked at each other with uneasiness. The killer was still among them. Without saying a word, all of them returned to their rooms, prepared for all kind of crazy things that could happen during the night.

Soon after the conference room emptied out, Cathart came back from his lunch break, and in result, the only thing he could see was Thor' dead body on the floor.

"Guards?"

"Yes, Mr. Cathart?"

"Tighten up the security to my room, understood?"

"Yes sir!"

-----------------------------------

Thor665 -
Vanilla Townie
-
was lynched on D6.

-----------------------------------

It was 2 AM already, but
Cyberbob
couldn't sleep at all. Every time he tried to rest, horrible visions of killer entering his room invaded his mind and reminded him to stay awake.

Half an hour later, he heard a silent noise, usually coming from an old door handle when someone tried to open the locked door. And that was the case this time as well, as Cyberbob was paranoid enough to lock the doors from inside.

"Go away, scum. You can't come inside!"
He shouted in a sudden surge of bravery.

"Oh really? You wanna bet some money on that?"
Asked the amused voice of the killer. Seconds later, silenced gunshot pierced the lock, and Bazzani hitman entered the room.

"So it was..."

"Yeah, me."
Mysterious silhouette interrupted Bob and without wasting any more time quickly silenced Bob for good. He left the room as soon as the bullet shell and another dead body hit the floor. There was still a lot to do that night...

-------------------------------------

Cyberbob -
Vanilla Townie
-
was killed during N6

-------------------------------------

"Mr. Cathart?"
A weak voice echoed in Cathart's ear.

"Yes"

"Please, open the door. I... I think I got shot"

That was definitely the guard, Cathart talked to earlier. The CEO quickly opened the door to see his man drenched in blood.

"Jesus Christ, who did that? What happened?"

"B-Bazzani..."
The dying guard barely managed to reply.
"He shot all of the bodyguards, you mu- you must... hi...

Cathart closed the eyes of another victim, made a holy symbol over his body, and rushed into security room. There was a chance he could spot the killer on the cameras and be properly prepared for his next move. As soon as he entered the room, he turned on every possible security system, and looked at the cameras. Most of them were showing more and more dead bodies, but one of the cameras monitoring the main corridor on the 1st floor clearly captured...

--------------------------------------------------

Nameless Guards -
Random NPCs
-
were killed during Endgame.

--------------------------------------------------

"Drop the gun, Michel... You know, you cannot win."
Steam-Powered Shovel,
Mafia Goon
held
MichelSableheart
at the gunpoint, but his face wasn't really matching the bold words claiming victory.

That's because Michel,
One Shot Paranoid Gun Owner
was well equipped with a trusty Magnum. And no one, I repeat, NO ONE who faces the barrel of Magnum can be sure of victory.

"We'll see about that"
The Dutchmen replied.
"I knew it was you. I also knew you were coming for me, so I prepared myself and waited... But you didn't come."

"Of course we didn't. We knew exactly, that there is something fishy about you since your gun claim. Perhaps you should hide your best cards a bit better."
Said Shovel with a smug face.

"Does it matter? I prevented your plans anyway...

"That's what you think. I'm telling you - turn around, run, and I'll spare your life."

Michel shook his head.
"You think I am an idiot? You'll just shoot me in the back, if I would try. Why won't you give up instead, so I won't kill you."

"Same reason..."

After a few more seconds of impasse, Shovel lost his patience.

"Look, I cannot waste any more time on you. I have a rough schedule. Move out, or I am ending this standoff right now."

"Don't do it, Shovel. It's not worth it."

Bazzani hitman couldn't help but laugh. After he stopped he looked again at Michel with a shard of insanity in his eyes.

"Enough. You have 3 seconds to get the fuck out of here."

"Shovel..."

"3..."

"Think about it..."

"2..."

"Don't..."

"1..."

"Shit..."

BA
NG!
!

------------------------------------

*screen blackout*

*credits roll*

"What. The. Fuck."

"Well, that was... unexpected"

"Unexpected? UNEXPECTED? Fuck, this is
FUCKING BULLSHIT
, not unexpected. They ended the episode right in the middle of the fucking scene!!"

"Calm down, Christian..."

"
NO! No, FUCK, no!
That was the season finale. We have to wait entire fucking year for another part. Fuck that, man..."

"It wasn't that bad. C'mon man, let's go eat some pizza and drink some beer..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Steam-Powered Shovel -
Mafia Goon
and
MichelSableheart -
survived the game!

GAME ENDS...

WITH A DRAW

Eventual closure of the situation in Smiths&Catharts will come eventually when I'll be in mood to mod another Mini Normal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER SEVERAL LONG MONTHS, THE GAME IS OVER!

I'll post all the role PMs and night action + some mod comments soon. In the meantime I would like every player (and spectators if there are any) to answer a quick survey:

1) Did you like the setup?

2) Did you like the flavor?

3) Did you like the game overall?

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Welp.

----------------------------------

I was thinking that might've been something like Michel's role after he kept refusing to claim in lylo. I was either thinking bulletproof or paranoid gun-owner.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:13 am

Post by charter »

Arghhkjhjdh

SPS, you should have no lynched instead of lynching me! We would have lynched Kerrigan the next day and outright won. We knew Michel was a PGO!

Good game everyone. I thought town was ultra screwed because of all the lurking/replacements.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:13 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I figured Michel was a PGO near the middle of Day 3 (even though Cathart almost scared me into thinking he was scum when he PMed me after I died). It was the only reason I could deduce that Michel would continue to keep his role secret. Unfortunately, scum figured that out too.

I actually got very suspicious of SPS around Day 4 (largely with his insistence that my superscumtell wasn't valid, but other things that I can't remember began setting off the alarms, too), but I tracked Thor on N4 because on the
very
slim chance that the scum didn't kill me, Thor was the person least likely to die overnight, so knowing his alignment would be awesome. Scum killed me, of course, as I predicted. And then they pulled a mislynch of Thor, as I predicted. I felt bad, though, since I feel rather responsible for starting all the heavy Thor suspicion in the first place...

@ Scum: Mind telling everyone exactly why I was kept alive? Even though I think I pretty much called it on D4. ;)

Also, that's 2/2 on my superscumtell. ;) And this time I called it before it was known...

Cyberbob, what were you
doing
this game? You shut down and tried to coast on my lynch, and you did the same thing with Thor, even though SPS looked more guilty and opportunistic than Thor by that point. Seriously, man. What the hell?

Answering Cathart's questions:

1: I did enjoy the setup, although continually getting roleblocked was annoying (but correct strategy for scum so yeah), and the part about all PRs (except maybe the gunsmith?) having guns was a unique twist, despite me going berserk about how to explain why my role wound up with a gun...

2: The flavor was spectacular! In particular, the stanza about Pie_is_good/Nobody Special was hilarious. A few grammar issues, but I think English isn't your first language anyway(?), so I can forgive you on that. (I tend to notice because I'm a writer myself, and I got drilled with spelling and grammar stuff as a kid...)

3: I found the game quite enjoyable, despite the draw (I like to win or lose by nature, so draws don't particularly agree with me) and not being useful at all as a power role. If you ever run the sequel, I wouldn't mind playing in it.

Anyways, good game, guys. 'twas fun while it lasted!
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Role PMs:

Mafia:

((quicktopic is linked in charter's role PMs))

((also, changed the partners name for the final version))

Charter

Welcome to Smiths&Catharts! Your role is:

Mafia Roleblocker

Flavor:
You are one of the most trusted people of Bazzani mafia family along with Fate and Steam-Powered Shovel (both are Mafia Goons), and you are here to infiltrate the Smiths&Catharts company, and in case of refusal of the owners to hand it over (which just happened), your task is to take your gun and kill everyone, until no one will be able to oppose your family.

Additionally, you managed to grab yourself a position of janitor, who own every key to every door in the building (except from Cathart's room), so you can now use it to disable one meddling worker during the night.

Abilities:
Each night, and before the game begins, you may talk to your partners. Please make use of this quicktopic (Link to quicktopic here), so that replacements can see what you've discussed. I plan to post this link after the game has ended, if you have serious objections to this, please let me know.

Once during each night, one member of the mafia may target a player. This is done by sending a pm to the moderator that clearly states which member of the mafia is making the kill, and who is the target for this ability. If there are no exceptional circumstances, that player will die. If you do not sent in this choice, it is assumed that you don't target anyone.

Once during each night, you can roleblock someone. This is done by targeting the chosen player via PM to me. If chosen player has a night ability he decided to use during that night - it will fail. Note, that if you'll send roleblock action, you cannot send a kill action during the same night.

During the day, you can vote on which player should be lynched.

Win Condition:
You win when only members of the mafia are alive, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Other Notes:
Please confirm that you have read the rules and your role PM by sending a pm to me.
Steam Powered Shovel and Fate

Mafia Goon

Flavor:
You are one of the most trusted people of Bazzani mafia family along with Steam-Powered Shovel/Fate (another Mafia Goon) and charter (Mafia Roleblocker), and you are here to infiltrate the Smiths&Catharts company, and in case of refusal of the owners to hand it over (which just happened), your task is to take your gun and kill everyone, until no one will be able to oppose your family.

Abilities:
Each night, and before the game begins, you may talk to your partners. Please make use of this quicktopic (Link to quicktopic here), so that replacements can see what you've discussed. I plan to post this link after the game has ended, if you have serious objections to this, please let me know.

Once during each night, one member of the mafia may target a player. This is done by sending a pm to the moderator that clearly states which member of the mafia is making the kill, and who is the target for this ability. If there are no exceptional circumstances, that player will die. If you do not sent in this choice, it is assumed that you don't target anyone.

Win Condition:
You win when only members of the mafia are alive, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Other Notes:
Please confirm that you have read the rules and your role PM by sending a pm to me.
Town:

Saint Kerrigan

Town Tracker

Flavor:
As a security bodyguard, you have your shiny badge and revolver, and access to camera room. Yes, your job in Smiths&Catharts is to monitor this place via cameras placed all over the factory. Now, when mafia threats the company AND your freedom, you decided to stop slacking off with your PSP and this time really observe the building, to see who's doing a dirty job, and who's a loyal worker.

Abilities:
During the night, you may target one player via PM to moderator, to see who (if anyone) he/she targeted during the night.

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Other Notes:
Michel Sableheart

Flavor:
Mafia? Here? Holy crap, they are here to get you! But you won't let them right? Before production stopped and building was closed, you managed to grab one of the pistols you were making and pack the lucky first bullet, you've ever made. That's not much, but should be enough to defend yourself against any assault during the night.

Abilities:
You don't have any night abilities. HOWEVER, if someone will decide to target you during the night, his/her action will fail, and he/she will die (note - it refers to mafia targeting roles as well as town). This ability will be triggered only once during the entire game. If two or more actions will be targeting you during the same night, you will kill the first person targeting you - second ability will work normally (which ability will be first, and which will be second will be decided by Natural Action Resolution [see the rules])

Win Condition:

Other Notes:
Sotty7

Town Gunsmith

Flavor:
Pistols, Shotguns, SMG's, Assault Rifles. All types of weapons were always your one and true passion. You know everything about them.

As a gun specialist at Smiths&Catharts, you have no problem with sniffing out any trace of the gunpowder in the air, as well as finding the firearm in anyone's possession, no matter how clever he may hide it. In critical situation you found yourself in, this ability may be very useful...

Abilities:
Once during the night, you may target one player via PM to moderator. In result, you'll get information, whether the targeted player has a gun or not (note: mafia roles are not the only ones capable of having the gun).

Win Condition:

Other Notes:
Pomegranate, Henry Hathaway, Thor665, Copper, Cyberbob, Pie_is_good

Vanilla Townie

Flavor:
You are just a regular everyday normal guy, and you just want to do your work (mother****er!). Unfortunately, you can't do this unless you'll find and neutralize all the mafia running around the factory. There's no other way, but to put on your thinking cap, and start looking for scum.

Abilities:

Win Condition:

Other Notes:
As you can see the 'gun or no gun' information was hidden in the flavor text.

-----------------------------

Night Actions:

Night 1:

-
Socrates (SPS)
kills
Henry Hathaway

-
charter
blocks
Copper

-
Sotty 7
investigates
Copper
(no gun)
-
RayFrost (SK)
checks
Kthxbye (Pie)
(no action)

Night 2:

-
Socrates (SPS)
kills
Sotty7

-
charter
blocks
SaintKerrigan

-
Saint Kerrigan
checks
Thor665
(blocked)
-
Sotty7
investigates
Thor665
(no gun)

Night 3:

-
Steam-Powered Shovel
kills
Copper

-
charter
blocks
Saint Kerrigan

-
Saint Kerrigan
checks
Cyberbob
(blocked)

Night 4:

-
Steam-Powered Shovel
kills
Saint Kerrigan

-
Saint Kerrigan
checks
Thor665
(blocked)

Night 5:

No actions

Night 6:

-
Steam-Powered Shovel
kills
Cyberbob

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

SaintKerrigan wrote:2: The flavor was spectacular! In particular, the stanza about Pie_is_good/Nobody Special was hilarious. A few grammar issues, but I think English isn't your first language anyway(?), so I can forgive you on that. (I tend to notice because I'm a writer myself, and I got drilled with spelling and grammar stuff as a kid...)
Yeah, I'm not a native speaker, and grammar is my arch nemesis.

Glad, you liked it though. I kinda hoped Pie will be lynched so I could use that flavor I thought about during some random occasion :P

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, I think everyone had a pretty good idea about Michel's role. Scum definitely did a solid job distancing from Shovel through the various pushes on him, I legitimately did suspect Cyberbob over SPS at the end though it was still very close since SPS was doing everything he could to shovel scum tells all over himself.

I am sad with how much town shut down around my lynch, I just couldn't seem to figure out what I had to say in order to wake them up enough to be proactive.

I still want to hear the case on why I was scum :D For the record, Kerrigan, I don't blame you at all for suspicion on me. I think it was a good idea to try to still get some info out of your role. I think both of us just got suspicious of the other one and neither of us really picked the most optimal way to phrase our commentary towards each other. Your initial comment was probably too role-fishy and my response was too defensive minded. In retrospect I'm still not sure what the best play for either of us at that stage was.
Col.Cathart wrote:1) Did you like the setup?

1. I thought the setup was pretty good. Scum had to be pretty lucky to get rid of Michel's role cleanly but with a roleblocker and the potential suspicion effect from the Gunsmith finding the other PRs I think it would work out okay.

2. Flavor was awesome - great job!

3. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of things. I really liked getting to see Pie and Copper's play (I've already stolen a bit of Copper's stuff). I need to re-read Michel's "preparedness" tell and see if I like it and wish to try to use it at all. Overall a very fun game, though it did feel punishing having to work through so many replacements.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Cyberbob »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Cyberbob, what were you
doing
this game? You shut down and tried to coast on my lynch, and you did the same thing with Thor, even though SPS looked more guilty and opportunistic than Thor by that point. Seriously, man. What the hell?
No, SPS did not look more guilty and opportunistic than Thor. Sorry!
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Thor was running around throwing OMGUS out along with all sorts of other skeazy stuff and Michel was disturbingly willing to lynch both him and SPS given that we were in lylo. There was a lot going on to cover up whatever SPS was doing.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Sorry charter, I'm used to scum winning in this type of endgame.
Col. Cathart wrote: 1) Did you like the setup?

1. The set-up forces the scum to either get the PGO lynched or sacrifice a scum to get him killed. Not a big fan of that type of role personally. (In my own modding I always let scum win endgames of that sort to avoid it.) Other than that, yes, nice set-up.
2. I don't really read the flavour.
3. Yes. It was a very enjoyable experience.

@Thor, there wasn't a case for you being scum. Cyberbob bought the distancing and you were the only logical suspect left. And my gut read was obviously made up. You played a good game, just not an obviously townie one. And it really didn't change.
Thor wrote:In retrospect I'm still not sure what the best play for either of us at that stage was.
You definitely made the correct play there. It didn't give you too much leeway as scum but it still allows for SK's role to be verified.

@SK, I do think your "superscumtell" has some validity, but I still disagree with pretty much every argument you presented in favour of it. So I would've acted somewhat differently as town there.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

Cyberbob wrote:Thor was running around throwing OMGUS out along with all sorts of other skeazy stuff
What did I do that was OMGUS? I had said I thought that you or SPS was scum - and both of you were voting me. It was functionally impossible for me not to toss scumtells at someone who was voting me at that stage.
Steam-powered Shovel wrote:1. The set-up forces the scum to either get the PGO lynched or sacrifice a scum to get him killed. Not a big fan of that type of role personally. (In my own modding I always let scum win endgames of that sort to avoid it.) Other than that, yes, nice set-up.
Re-check his role - if the Gunsmith or Tracker had targeted him then Michel would have killed them. That does seem pretty balanced.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Cyberbob: Meh, maybe I'm just tainted that I knew Thor was innocent from my track before I died. I had no clue what you were doing, but SPS just looked too opportunistic to me. Michel I pretty much had as town, because if he wasn't there was no way he was getting lynched at that point. I suspect anyone who tried that line would've been quickly sent to the grave by everyone else.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:22 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ SPS: Meh, whatever. I'll try to find another way to explain it next time. I still fail to find any situation where a townie would do that except those scenarios I outlined (and I've seen those scenarios before too).
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:43 am

Post by SFG »

Just to clarify, since it seemed to be a big issue towards the beginning of this game, when I replaced out of this game, the reason I chose to replace out of this and not the other is because the other game was out of RVS and this one was still RVSing. It was *not* because I got a scum role and actually now I feel kind of bad about replacing out because even if I was lurking (which I actually wasn't, everyone else was just posting a lot more than I was), the first two people to replace into my slot lurked about 5x more than I ever would :( Sorry guys.
The textwaller of d00m
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Cyberbob »

SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Cyberbob: Meh, maybe I'm just tainted that I knew Thor was innocent from my track before I died.
Yeah, "maybe". :roll:
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:Sorry charter, I'm used to scum winning in this type of endgame.
Well, I encountered that type of scenario as 'Happily ever after', so I went with that.

Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Copper »

1) Did you like the setup?

1) The setup was fine.

2) The flavor was well written and enjoyable.

3) The game was a little stressful for me personally, but it had nothing to do with the Moderating.

I just want to say that I think you did really, really well with this game, Colonel. It was really frustrating at parts, especially in the transition from the first day to the second, but you stuck in there and did your best to keep the game going. I even remember you had computer troubles weeks ago, yet you still managed to keep this game afloat and as active as you could.

I'd also thank all of the players who stuck out until they died or until the end of the game. I don't know if anyone else using this account was following the game very closely (I wasn't following it particularly closely, I just knew I wanted to make a post-game post thanking the Colonel's persistence), but I enjoyed what I did see. I think Thor and Michel in particular put their heart into this game, so it's tough to see it come down to a draw. I guess it's better than an outright loss though.

Really though, massive props to you, Colonel. I love you as a player and now certainly as a Moderator.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”