Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Slicey »

durr forgot to vote.

Vote: DP

Completely fine with lynching him or vezo.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Kthxbye »

LynchMePls wrote:^^ Care to explain?
Read my 1314 and then your 1317 and figure it out scum.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

d3x (3)
- bv310, danakillsu, Scott Brosius
wolframnhart (0)
-
ooba (0)
-
Kast (0)
-
Dragon Phoenix (1)
- Slicey
Slicey (0)
-
LynchMePls (1)
- Kthxbye
vezopiraka (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
danakillsu (0)
-
Kthxbye (0)
-
bv310 (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (7)
- d3x, wolframnhart, ooba, Kast, Dragon Phoenix, LynchMePls, vezopiraka

12 votes available, 7 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is July 2, ~ 8 pm PDT.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by d3x »

I'm against a Mass Name Claim. I'll try and post specifics later tonight, ut it may be a day or 2...
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Hey dana, why doesn't DP need to claim, but everyone else who hasn't needs to? You couldn't have forgotten, you even said he was scummy. >_>
Unfortunately both you and Kthx managed to take my sentence the wrong way despite it being very clear. I named the people whose claims will help me to determine the last scum. I already know DP is scum and d3x is scum, so I'm trying to find the third. And I know Scott is town from the investigation result. I am fully in favor of a massclaim from all who have not claimed yet.
@ Scott, ooba, Lynch, DP
Since Slicey has claimed, you should claim your names as well or go up a notch in scumminess in my book.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Okay, at least one of Scott and dana is town, which surprises the hell out of me.
Don't follow you. Why is this?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by danakillsu »

EBWOP: Specifically, why only at least one of us, instead of just both of us?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Slicey »

danakillsu wrote:EBWOP: Specifically, why only at least one of us, instead of just both of us?
One of you could still be the Empire GF.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

d3x: I understand your post 1309. I agree with it as well as the only reason I was so sure he was scum was due to the lies and being caught in them. While I’m here, let me also say I agree with p1318 about Scott.

Scott: How bout we focus on scummy things people say and the scummy actions they take instead of trying to out-smart or figure out the Mod’s role giving thought process. The only reason I am ignoring you (in the sense I’m not voting for you) is because there are 6 people in which we have at least 2 scum hiding.

LMP: I’ll give you more info on why I voted for you. In your p 1317 you say you are suspicious of me, scott, dp and d3x. Your also not sure you buy the investigation result. You also seem to be afraid of a name claim (need to find a good one that we will buy or something?). You also start in on Scott’s posts (which although worthless, he’s been investigated innocent as well).

Here are my problems with this entire post.
1. Only 2 of the 4 people you are suspicious of are on the list we should be lynching from.
2. What exactly don’t you buy about my claim given yesterday’s events?
3. Although there could be one more Godfather out there for empire, and it could be one of the 2 investigated people, how is it helping town to try and find that person?
4. Why do you need to hear what Kast has to say about the investigation results? I REALLY don’t get this.
5. You of all people I would have thought would have been interested in a name claim for everyone left. You are the original creator of the names case after all.
6. Again, Scott is investigated and found not evil no matter how scummy and worthless his posts are.

Basically, my vote is on you because you are being super scummy. All p1317 is doing is attempting to throw the town of the correct trail.
-----------------------------
To put to rest the name thing.

hp - Boba Fett - neutral. Bounty Hunter

Wreck Star - Greedo . Jabba Scum. Bounty Hunter
ReaperCharlie Konowa - Jabba the Hutt. Scum Godfather. Crime Lord

semioldguy - Darth Vader. Empire Scum. Jedi

TwoHeadedCyclops - C-3PO. VT/Mason. Robot
CryMeARiver - Yoda. Town PR. Jedi
farside22 - Wes Janson. Town PR. Pilot

danakillsu - claimed Biggs Darklighter. Town PR. Pilot
Kthxbye - Leia Organa. Town PR. Rebel Leader
bv310 - Luke Skywalker. Town PR. Jedi
wolframnhart - R2D2. VT/Mason. Robot
Kast - Han Solo. Town PR. Ex-smuggler/Member of Rebel Alliance

BlazezRb - Jek Porkins. VT. Pilot

vezopiraka - claimed Derek Klivian. VT. Pilot
totallynotmafia - Crix Madine. VT. Rebel Officer
Toon Fighter - Vanden Willard. VT. Rebel Officer

d3x - claimed Wicket. VT. Ewok

Slicey - Carlist Rieekan. unknown. Rebel Officer

Unknown:

ooba
Dragon Phoenix
LynchMePls
Scott Brosius

A few things I noticed while making the list.
-First is that although pilots and officers make up most of the known/claimed VT's, there are pilots and officers in the PR category as well. I will say that Wicket does stick out, but I'm not going to use it as a reason to vote d3x (I have others).
-Second, given that last night bv says he is responsible for one of the no-kills, plus the fact that we had a neutral character, I'm now of the opinion that there may not actually be any more Jabba team members alive. If there is one left, the game would have started with 7 non-town vs 15 town. Is this normal? If so, then w/e. I'm just trying to explain how nobody died if bv is only responsible for one no-kill.

d3x: not sure why you wouldn't be for a name claim. right now, you are the only VT that's not a pilot or officer of member of the rebel alliance in any way. a name claim could only help if there are other non-alliance members in the category. This is suspicious. I'll let you explain as you said you would though.
-------------------
Since some of you don't get it, our only lynch options today are:

LynchMePls
ooba
Dragon Phoenix
Slicey - claimed Carlist Rieekan. unknown.
d3x - claimed Wicket. VT.
vezopiraka - claimed Derek Klivian. VT.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Kthxbye wrote:Here are my problems with this entire post.
1. Only 2 of the 4 people you are suspicious of are on the list we should be lynching from.
I didn't say we have to lynch from that list today, I said those were the people I was suspicious of. I agree with you that we shouldn't lynch those who have been investigated yet, but I'm still suspicious of Scott. I'm guessing the other you don't think we should lynch is you, but I find your play today quite alarming. Dana screamed desperation yesterday, and now it's you that seems desperate.
Kthxbye wrote:2. What exactly don’t you buy about my claim given yesterday’s events?
Just because you had a mass roleblock doesn't mean your town. There was a bounty award of a stun grenade earlier in the game, and I think the Jabba scum might have gotten the bounty if no one collected it. Just a possibility. You are by no means confirmed town, and your behaviour today is really scummy to me.
Kthxbye wrote:3. Although there could be one more Godfather out there for empire, and it could be one of the 2 investigated people, how is it helping town to try and find that person?
I think being aware that we can't call the investigated players confirmed is very important. Do I think they are on the list for today's lynch? Of course not, but they shouldn't drop off our radar entirely. I never said that was my lynch today list, I said it was the people I'm suspicious of.
Kthxbye wrote:4. Why do you need to hear what Kast has to say about the investigation results? I REALLY don’t get this.
You really don't get why I want to hear what Kast thinks? He is both the most pro-town player this game AND the best scum hunter IMO. He also really thought that dana was scum, so I'm wondering if his opinion has changed. Again, questioning the investigation results while there is still an empire GF possible is not anti-town. I didn't say we had to lynch dana, I just was wondering what Kast thinks, because I'm not convinced dana is town. His play yesterday was pretty scummy. The only reason I (and I suspect many others) went after Blaze was his incredibly terrible play yesterday. Before that sideshow started dana was one of the players in the hot seat.
Kthxbye wrote:5. You of all people I would have thought would have been interested in a name claim for everyone left. You are the original creator of the names case after all.
After last night's no kill, since we obviously didn't have a mass block, I'm concerned that there may be an important town PR still hidden. Of those who have supported the name claim so far, I guarantee there is a scum. If the town wants it, I'll do it, but I'm not convinced it's a good idea.
Kthxbye wrote:6. Again, Scott is investigated and found not evil no matter how scummy and worthless his posts are.
I'm not taking my eye off him, whether you like it or not. He is worthless to the town, and I'm going to keep calling him out over it. If you don't like that, tough shit, but I can't possibly imagine how that is anti-town.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by ooba »

Jan Dodonna. Breadcrumb below.
ooba wrote:Disagree with your vote on Kast.
- I think he's played the Dayvig just as I would have played it. Do you think a vig should always need town approval?

Disagree with your strategy of lynching a person who you might think is SK and posing as a town vig.
- Let's say I can confirm on
jD
2 that Kast is a SK with day vig abilities. Do you think the best play for the town is to lynch Kast immediately?

Vote: hp [leaves]

I actually think that there's good chance you might be a SK ..
I'll need to re-read the last couple of days again.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

LMP wrote:The only reason I (and I suspect many others) went after Blaze was his incredibly terrible play yesterday.
lol. the rest of us went after him because he lied about having a successful PR after I mass RB'ed. Please tell me LMP, why you don't think I am who I say I am.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Kthxbye wrote:
LMP wrote:The only reason I (and I suspect many others) went after Blaze was his incredibly terrible play yesterday.
lol. the rest of us went after him because he lied about having a successful PR after I mass RB'ed. Please tell me LMP, why you don't think I am who I say I am.
This is what I meant by his terrible play Kthx, and I think you know that. I think we can all agree that him lying about his ability, then lying about the PMs he received from the mod is terrible play.

As for the name claim, it looks like 2 have already done it, so no point in arguing against it now. I'm Mon Mothma, an important political leader for the rebel alliance.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by LimMePls »

I think might not be who you say you are because of 1306, pretty much calling me and d3x out for being scum for a bull shit reason. The hyper defensiveness looks really scummy to me. Especially if you are who you say you are, you shouldn't feel the need to be so incredibly defensive. I can't speak for d3x, but I know that when I posted 1292 I thought that whichever of you was lying would only be doing so if they were scum. Clearly one of you was lying, and it was Blaze, he just didn't turn out to be scum. You definitely may be who you say you are, but you are massively over defensive in 1306.

You specifically came out calling me and d3x scum, and your reasoning (1291 and 1292) was obviously crap. Just because I thought either you or Blaze was scum? Anyone with half a brain thought that yesterday.

V/LA on weekends
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Granted, this is the very first large game I have played in many many years, but I have never seen so many strange plays, most strikingly:

- unrequisited claims left right and centre from the start onwards
- townies lying about their role

Also, I was flabbergasted that lurker hunting, a valid tactics right form the start of the internet version in 2000, is now suddenly a scum tell.

Simply checking my old games would show you that:
- I always hunt for lurkers
- I rarely post long contributions
Which does not mean that my play in this game clears me, but to use those to say I am scum is ridiculous.

With so many claims in the open, I will not wait until L-1 and save time, especially as my ability is useless given the suspicion many of you have. And we are at the stage that a mass claim is fine with me anyway.

I am Wedge Antilles, commander of Rogue Squadron. I am unnightklliable. And inter alia, I was in the battle of Hoth.

To the game: It makes sense that one of the cleared suspicious players has a high chance of being a GF, but we can deal with that later.

No vote yet, I first want to see who else will claim.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Are we actually calling for a mass claim? What is the deal here? I'm not claiming just based on dana's request.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:57 am

Post by danakillsu »

Are we actually calling for a mass claim? What is the deal here? I'm not claiming just based on dana's request.
Yes, we are, obviously, and your hesitation is somewhat scummy.
I am Wedge Antilles, commander of Rogue Squadron. I am unnightklliable. And inter alia, I was in the battle of Hoth.
To the game: It makes sense that one of the cleared suspicious players has a high chance of being a GF, but we can deal with that later.
a) You weren't supposed to claim abilities.
b) An unnightkillable Wedge seems strange.
c) Interesting you should mention the GF in this post. Coupled with my suspicions of you before, your claim of an unnightkillable townie is very interesting. I wouldn't be at all surprised at this point if you were the emperor, who can be investigated, but not night killed.
What does everyone else think about this?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm surprised at this, but I agree with 1341 from dana. I'm not sure I buy an unkillable DP. One reason is because I don't think it would have been tested at all yet this game due to many being suspicious of DP. Secondly, and this is just my thoughts, if I was an unNKable townie, I would be hunting scum much more viciously than the lurking crap we have gotten from DP so far in this game. Basically, DP isn't playing and unNKable townie how I would see someone with that ability play.

DP just moved to number 2 on my list. I am happy with a DP lynch or a LMP lynch right now. I think one of them should be the lynch for the day.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I did spot thre possible connection between my ability and a GF, thank you, I am not that dense. I also could not have mentioned my night ability at all, since it is extremely unlikely to be tested.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I am Ackbar, VT. I am good at detecting tarps.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:45 am

Post by d3x »

I'm posting from my phone and I haven't read anything since my last post.

Mass Name Claim favors Scum. They have good Fake Claims and all of the Town PRs are pretty serious characters in SW. It will be really easy for them to figure out who is who while we ultimately have to wade through all of the potential Town PRs in order to get Scum. Or they can choose not to use their Fake Claims and instead go for random minor characters (which may already be happening) so as to out the obvPRs. Mass Name Claim does not help Town nearly as much as it helps Scum (either Team).
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:54 am

Post by ooba »

Couldn't resist. Quick thoughts:
- Kthxbye is confirmed town in my eyes. I was slightly wrong in pegging N4 as a Jailkeep on bv but mass roleblock also fits.

- LMP's attack on Kthxbye gives me scum vibes rather than newbie panic vibes. We are approaching a position where number of confirmed town might outnumber scum soon. In fact, LMP's play seems analogous to Joh's play in my recent game of Greek Mythology where we more or less narrowed down all the scum by elimination - Joh then starts attacking the "confirmed"ness of everyone including the masons.

- DP's claim of NK screams SK\GF - but why would he claim it? I cannot see a scum motivation for it (except probably the WIFOM). I'd rather lynch one of LMP/d3x/Slicey over DP today.

- I do think {4 empire-2 jabba-1 neutral-15 town} is more probable now since we have not had a Jabba kill for 2 nights in a row. Based on Day 6 reactions alone, I would say there's a good chance for all three of LMP/d3x/Slicey to be scum together.
* Slicey still thinks d3x is town - attacks DP
* LMP - "Not me" as in "I'm not looking for a speed lynch on d3x" - attacks Kthx
* d3x mild attacks Scott in 1318
None of them attack each other and are trying to paint others as scummy. I need to re-read to spot any similar behavior and mild scum bus's between this group over the last few days.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Updated list for everyone's SA (situational awareness):

Dragon Phoenix - claimed Wedge Antilles.
UnNKable Townie

d3x - claimed Wicket. VT.
vezopiraka - claimed Derek Klivian. VT.
LynchMePls - Mon Mothma.
unknown
Slicey - Carlist Rieekan.
unknown
ooba - claimed Jan Dodonna.
unknown

danakillsu - claimed Biggs Darklighter, Alliance Pilot (One-Shot Busdriver)
Scott Brosius - claimed General Ackbar. VT.

Kthxbye - Leia Organa, leader of rebel alliance
bv310 - Luke Skywalker
wolframnhart - R2D2 (mason C3PO confirmed as he's dead)
Kast - Han Solo

I will say...one of these claims is not like the other. I will also say I'm surprised that Chewy's not up there tbh. I would think if Wicket get's a cameo appearance, our favorite bad-ass Wookie would as well.

so...claims that bother me:
d3x
LMP
DP

I'm not basing my vote or lynch preference on these claims, but they are the most disturbing to me. I believe ooba and slicey to be town so once you throw in vez in the above list, you have who I'm willing to lynch today. I'd prefer LMP due to my previous reasons, but the Wicket thing (being one of the first claims due to him being at L-1 at one point) isn't matching up. I will however certainly give you an apology if you do indeed flip over to be a dead furry little body.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Actually, now that I think about it...

-my gut feeling
-not wanting a name claim (due to knowing Wicket is/could be odd compared to the rest of them)
-having no issues to being investigated
-lack of actual hunting for scum (my opinion of course)

I think d3x could actually be the Emperor. We catch the emperor and we have 2 more confirmed townies.

Unvote. Vote: d3x

Now at L-3

Hope for an investigation of LMP or vezo.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Slicey »

LMP's attack of Kthx is bad bad bad. Kthx is almost undoubtably town, how are you not seeing this?

Yeah, with all the name claims now, d3x's seems very off. What's the flavor for Wickett? BTW, Kthx, Chewy was a fakeclaim used by Wreck Star.

I don't like DP's claim, for obvious reasons. I really think we should lynch him or Vezo today.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”