Mini 989 - Disgaea Mafia Episode 2 (Game Over!)

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

MoI has most of it. Further, what the words ARE saying fight with each other. Foobert is definitely sitting on a fence with that post.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
foobert
foobert
Townie
foobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 am

Post by foobert »

UncertainKitten wrote:MoI has most of it. Further, what the words ARE saying fight with each other. Foobert is definitely sitting on a fence with that post.
Maybe I can clarify my position with a shorter post. I don't think Kise is scum. I don't think KTB is scum. And, while we are on the subject, I don't think the growing suspicion on Iec (if you can even call it that) holds water either.

If you want to know who I think is scummy at this point, the answer is no one. I think perhaps the better question to have asked me is will I hesitate to say if I see something that seems scummy to me. The answer to that question is no. If I see anything, hear anything, read anything, I will let everyone know and I will have no reservations about placing my vote accordingly.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 am

That does not reflect favorably on you, foobert.

It'd be best to explain why you have seen nothing scummy. Regardless, I understand not jumping on everything since, hey, that's how I play early D1. That's how I've been playing and I've been easing into the game now that things have happened.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
foobert
foobert
Townie
foobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:13 am

Post by foobert »

UncertainKitten wrote:It'd be best to explain why you have seen nothing scummy.
You mean my post before last?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:14 am

Regarding Iec mostly. Sorry I didn't specify. You haven't said a lot about why he's not scummy.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Riceballtail »

While I'm concerned with how Foob has seen nothing scummy as of yet, I agree with his mentality.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:27 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Riceballtail wrote:While I'm concerned with how Foob has seen nothing scummy as of yet, I agree with his mentality.
Useful...

Who's been scummy and how?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
foobert
foobert
Townie
foobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 am

Post by foobert »

UncertainKitten wrote:Regarding Iec mostly. Sorry I didn't specify. You haven't said a lot about why he's not scummy.
I have no problems explaining my position and I will try and do so succinctly.

Iec is being accused of attacking KTB but not attacking me for doing the same thing (I know that in some respects this is an oversimplification of the position but for now let's keep it at that). In a post he made in his defense, he made two things clear: 1) He didn't see my posts and 2) They don't effect his position on KTB. I believe both of his points and to me, they signal that his behavior isn't scummy.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:38 am

Alright, what about the accusation that you haven't been looking at things and that makes you scummy, despite him clearly not looking at things?

What about his half hearted support for a wagon without jumping on it?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

foobert wrote:Iec is being accused of attacking KTB but not attacking me for doing the same thing (I know that in some respects this is an oversimplification of the position but for now let's keep it at that). In a post he made in his defense, he made two things clear: 1) He didn't see my posts and 2) They don't effect his position on KTB. I believe both of his points and to me, they signal that his behavior isn't scummy.
Iec is being attacked for more than just that. He's also being attacked for trying to equate Ktb's play with Kise's in regardings to self-contradicition, which is false. And, as mentioned by others also, for supporting the Kise wagon with words while saying he didn't feel the need to vote for him.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

foo, UK, MoI, Jarti, TBM and rice are back.
only half a playerlist left. I'll send symbolic prods tomorrow.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Kise »

Here! Cancel that prod!
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Kise »

Iecerint wrote:Kise is scummy for
whining
about the game not going on
Not sure how you detected whining in my posts because.. my intention was never to bitch about RVS. Careful with the reps, all. But, see below.
Kthxbye wrote:Kise: Are you going to come back and defend yourself or are you hoping somebody else takes the spotlight off you before you have to do that?
Strawman............
Kidding.
Well, kind of.
Don't take this the wrong way - I'm not being cocky - but I don't see a reason to defend myself. I dicked around on page 1, TBM started humping my leg & thinking scumhunting was this easy, I continue stunting on these hoes because nothing interested me, then Macaroni caught my attention with something he said/did. Now these kids are saying I could've helped to lessen the randomness.....

*looks around*

Abra Cadabra. It's evident (should have been, at least) I wasn't going to lurk and wait on a prod since I was still actively posting in the thread. As for my recent absense: I haven't had my own internet access for more than a few days, and the cable company came over earlier today to hook me up. I have over 500 channels as well. :) That reminds me, I need to learn some foreign languages to understand what some of these shows are about. I think, according to the pictures, Mexico's stock market is in bad shape.

So anyway.
DTMaster wrote:I have a weird role so yeah.
Yeah, that's a buncha bull... Vote: DTMaster
I'm counterclaiming this lying scumbag.
UncertainKitten wrote:(Psst)I'm actually town.
I'd like to counterclaim this as well.
UncertainKitten wrote:With super powers.
Unvote; Vote: UK
BTW, I was wondering why you haven't commented on my.. wagon? It's quite a hot topic. I feel disrespected that you haven't even mentioned my name after all this. I thought we were tight. :|

Since '09, man....
Jarti wrote:On Kise: ISO 4 & 5 for him are why I don't feel like he's a good wagon.
He seems to be egging TBM on to push things out of RVS indirectly
, which I'm fine with, doesn't come off as scummy to me.
Yes and no, actually. I may have a chance to retouch on this later.
DTMaster wrote:With my role, I can correctly identify all adult characters and I am given their role names.
DTMaster wrote:If the formula applies from the first game:

Main characters = PR
Obscure characters = VT
Villians = Scum.
I'm not having the best time in finding pro-town motivation here. You out TBM (hell, you might've outed yourself), you speak on roles' importance levels, which would make TBM of low importance if everything checks out, and to top it off, you generally give the impression that you have no clue how best/pro-townest to utilize your role. Maybe this is due to later revelations that you did not initially think up, or maybe not. Either way, it should be safe to say that no one knew what to say after you revealed your result. I thought of something after some googling, however. See my last bit of commentary in this posting for more info.

Also... you say you can ID adult-sized folks, and you're given their role name. Now, does "role name" = ability name, or character name?
DTMaster wrote:Or we can mass name claim, but, I'd rather not out the main characters who are probably given PRs.
Then why mention mass claiming? If you don't plan to fish, then be sure to wind the reel back in. Or, even better, don't toss the line in the first place.
DTMaster wrote:@TheButtonMan
Now for some controversy. You are Adell's Dad.
Let's be clear here... and prepare yourselves for spoilers, people.
Adell's adoptive parents are good... sure. Also, very minor characters for what it's worth. So minor in fact that I couldn't find a wiki page dedicated to them. Now, Adell's true, demon parents, however, had become brainwashed minions of the game's main antagonist. So... although originally good demons at heart, the fact still remains that Adell's demon/true parents were baddies. So.... we may have a good find here with TBM's role. Hopefully someone here has played the game and can tell us whether Adell's demon parents were bosses; characters you fight?

Yet…
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Back!

Foobert was totally off my radar (and a non-entity in-game) at the time. I was focused elsewhere. That's the only reason I can give for the apparent discrepancy.

If I were scum, I would have made up a difference between KTB and Foobert rather than give an answer that reflects inconsistently of me as such. [/self-meta]

However, I think KTB's posts immediately following my post is relatively protown.

Unvote; Vote: Magna
. His post seems fake.

Will post more when I've gotten use to the ugly colors. :(
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Kise »

Kise wrote:I dicked around on page 1,
Page 2***

And just so you all can see what I see:
http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Adell
http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Masked_Man

Apparently, Adell's "Mom and Dad" are not cool enough to have their own pages, whereas the demon daddy does. I'm speculating that our mod is going for an interesting game, and for that, he wouldn't use small characters. Especially not for a 12-player game.

Now all we need is to find out whether TBM = Shura/Masked_Man and whether you fight this character. Should we try our luck and ask our mod? :D

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Kise »

@David: If I were to be put at L-1, saaaay, yesterday... would you have unvoted? Why or why not?

Yet…
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:17 am

Post by DavidParker »

Hey, I'm back, and glad to see I have a question awaiting me!

@Kise: No I would not have unvoted because I only just got back to this thread this minute, and wasn't aware forums were back yesterday :P

If I was around, well, I don't think I would have immediately unvoted. Hammering without any discussion before the hammer this early into a thread is the most anti-town behaviour imaginable. It's only logical for scum to hammer like that, and only stupid scum would have. I would not have feared you being hammered as I assume someone else would unvote (unnecessarily) or noone would hammer. After a page or two of discussion I would have unvoted if you hadn't slipped up and done something scummy as by then the pressure on you had generated enough discussion and served it's "purpose".

I think L-1 is when the most useful discussion can happen so my playstyle, I'm quite happy to leave people on L-1 for a little bit under the assumption no one is dumb enough to hammer. (I don't except the noob excuse of "oh I didn't see votecount i'm innocent" by someone who speed lynches you with a hammer).

I'm going to reread thread and come back with questions and suspicions probably by tomorrow, as with world cup fever it's hard to get anything accomplished too quickly!
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Kise – Why did you ‘vote’ for both DTM and UK in an incorrect fashion in your latest post?
Iec wrote:If I were scum, I would have made up a difference between KTB and Foobert rather than give an answer that reflects inconsistently of me as such. [/self-meta]
You forgot the WIFOM element of your meta statement there, which renders the already weak defence useless.
Iec wrote: Unvote; Vote: Magna. His post seems fake.

Will post more when I've gotten use to the ugly colors.
Support … your statement has none. Although I suppose addressing the observations I made about your illogical play would be harder than posting as you did.

Glad to know you ever diligent scum-hunting is able to be defeated by a board background change :roll:
DP wrote:I think L-1 is when the most useful discussion can happen so my playstyle, I'm quite happy to leave people on L-1 for a little bit under the assumption no one is dumb enough to hammer. (I don't except the noob excuse of "oh I didn't see votecount i'm innocent" by someone who speed lynches you with a hammer).
Please explain in more detail why your playstyle is “most useful” when someone is at L-1.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:58 am

Post by DavidParker »

From the little I've played here, I've learnt most from the player in question (who's at L-1) and the players who are/aren't voting for said player, when someone is at L-1. It forces people to defend themselves/defend each other/attempt to overly justify their votes (if they are scum)
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:33 am

@Kise: Your wagon does not impress me. It does not bear mentioning.

@Iec: I don't like your answer.

Unvote, Vote Iec
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ Magna, I obviously didn't forget the WIFOM stuff (at least not insofar as you mean it); I explicitly indicated it within the bit that you quoted. Your implication that I ignored WIFOM implications shows poor attention to detail at best.

Your post was awful because it basically consisted of aping other people and claiming incredulity toward my original KTB read in a way that doesn't make sense. Restated, my original argument was that implying knowledge while explicitly denying it is scummy, because a town person would never be in that circumstance. This is an extremely intuitive argument IMO. Accepting that you legitimately didn't understand it and thought I was making shit up is difficult for me to believe, so you being scum is parsimonious. It's the same as my original perception of KTB's post.

@ UK, while you already indicated that you were looking for a specific type of answer implicitly different from the one I already gave and your "DO NOT LIKE" explanation consequently follows logically, I don't understand your implicit premise that changing my story to something else would make me MORE likely to be town. Since I've already failed your "test," could you indicate what you were thinking you might see, so that I can evaluate whether you're just kind of making it up?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Iecerint »

Or you could specify "secret scumtell" if it's what I think it is. (In which case, you are kind of solipsistic.)
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Kthxbye »

GD it Iece! You know how many words I just had to effing look up?!
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

Just "solipsistic"? :P

By which I meant that UK appeared to be attributing disproportionate weight to my attitude toward her to interpret my actions given that she is town (because as scum it's total BS, anyway, probably) and that I know where she's coming from (because if I'm wrong about where she's coming from, my interpretation of how she got there would be unlikely to be accurate).

I want to see what she comes up with, since in the latter case, investing energy into it is worthless.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 am

Nah, it's the self meta you do that I don't like. The answer itself was decent, not sure if I'd had believed it or not. Wasn't really looking for anything except scummy intent. You reeked of it in that post when you went into self meta.

The random switch to MoI, is, oddly enough, semi pro town. It's just the rest of your stuff isn't. I mean, your posts before aren't and half that post isn't.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”