NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Leafsnail wrote:
Midnight's Scum wrote:I just wonder why a Townie role would jump on it as quick as you have....
Blatant lying scum is blatant.
ORly!? And how does that statement even come close to a lie?? Why would a Townie jump on someone saying they would die if a wrong flip happened?

At the very least there would be some form of hesitancy, cause I can't see any Pro-Town reason for wanting an easy lynch~
Midnight's Scum wrote:Shouldn't it be obvious that I am??? Must I hold your hand, as we cross the busy street??
Ok. So you're accusing him of being a role that doesn't exist.

Awesome.
MAfi.Werewolf. Doesn't really matter to me which one she flips. Both roles are scum, and there fore exist in this game, which might I add, is a
Mafia vs. Werewolf
game~
Scum wrote:And what pray tell does Sevis/Shrine eventually flipping Town have anything to do with D2???
:|
And what pray tell is
that
look for? His flip has absolutely nothing with why you decided point blank to not join his wagon, or that of Dr. Robo. Both of which were good ones, DEPSITE the eventual flip.
Scum wrote:And again, the question wasn't even really about me, but the others that your beginning reasons could apply to. You seem to think that the things AFTER the fact are important. Yet they aren't. Not even close.
Noone else has been acting in even remotely the same way. Please name someone who's had the same reaction when pushed, for instance.
LOL. You seem to be missing the point. You keep bring up shit that happened AFTER the fact to give an 'adequate' answer. The first time the question was asked of you was BEFORE that stuff happened. Please do try and get with the program here.

kthkxbai~
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by foilist13 »

This does look terribly for socrates, but let's not ignore other possibilities.

@Socrates: I'll work with you on this one.

In post 1 of the thread, the mod states that the mafia godfather and the alpha wolf were killed night 0. That means that those roles existed in the game at one point, but practically are not part of it. I am not familiar with the alpha wolf role, though it seems based on the night kills that the wolves work the same way as a traditional scum team. Taking this into account, I don't think it is likely that they have any advantages the wolves don't.

The fact that there are two scum teams means that they have two night kills. Because of this, it is less likely they will have their own powerroles, or else the town would have an unfair disadvantage. If there are six scum with two roleblockers, two night kills, and two godfathers who are immune to night kills and investigation, the town wouldn't last a day. Yes they could target each other, but by default there are far more town than mafia which makes it very unlikely, and thus an unbalanced game.

Ok, so night 0 the godfathers died. Presumably that means that there are none now. Godfather is the only common scum role that is night kill immune, so I don't believe a kill was resisted, or two as the case may be.

Could the scum have roleblockers? Probably not. They would both need to have them for it to be fair between them, and again that would create an overpowered scum group that would quickly take out the town. Also, we can't possibly have enough power roles to justify that many roleblockers, so they probably don't have them either.

So based on this logic, the scum couldn't have blocked the kill either as they don't have blockers.

Next possibility is a doc. If we had one, that would make our blocker a liability, but still isn't that farfetched, so for the sake of argument I'll give you a doc.

That means N1 there could have been a doc save, so we still have one unexplained kill.

That kill could not have been prevented, except by nhammen. So either he blocked it or it wasn't made.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Unsight »

@Leafsnail - I saw what you did there.

@MS - Nice misrep.

I'm gonna take some time and reread what I can of Day 1 and 2. Until I have new information to work off, I'm gonna continue pushing the non-stupid wagons of Day 2--Midnight's Sorrow and Socrates.

VOTE: Midnight's Sorrow
Games are meant to be fun.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Unsight wrote: @MS - Nice misrep.

Kindly point me to where exactly, instead of just saying so and that be it~
W/L/O
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: Socrates.

Unsight is scum with Socrates.
Nice work figuring that out, Nikanor! You're a GENUS! ^5
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Unsight »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Unsight wrote: @MS - Nice misrep.

Kindly point me to where exactly, instead of just saying so and that be it~
Over here:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Unsight is scum for KNOWING it would be a mislynch,and therefore not have any part of it.

Nice try leaf~
I didn't avoid the Sevis/Shrine wagon because I "knew" it would be a mislynch. I avoided it for reasons I mentioned on Day 2:
Unsight wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:@Timeater, Unsight, Spyrex, Leafsnail, SerialClergyman, Dry-fit, Dr. Robotnik, Faraday, Lowell:

What use are your votes serving right now? Do you believe that you are pushing your suspects as much as you should be? Do you believe that your wagon has a high chance of going through today? Do you think that having as many competing bandwagons we have right now is good for town?
My vote is on scum and I'm happy to keep it there. Both Socrates and Midnight's Sorrow are far more likely to be scum than Dr. Robotnik or Sevis/Shrinehme.

The fact that that Midnight's Sorrow, Socrates, and nhammen are all on the Sevis/Shrine wagon is a mountain of bad juju. foilist13's wagon jump is just as bad. I have zero intention of joining a wagon with scummiest people in the game. That just won't have a happy ending.

And we already did push Midnight's Sorrow. The result was practically zero scum hunting and lots of "lol wut" type posts. That's not the "oh let's go look elsewhere" signal, that's the "DIE SCUM DIE" signal.

And yeah, I love competing wagons... just not when the biggest ones aren't the people I most want to see lynched.
Games are meant to be fun.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Lowell »

I don't know how foilist writes that last post and then
doesn't
vote for socrates.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Nikanor »

@Lowell: It's because he's already decided that he's not going to vote for Socrates today.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Lowell: I'm waiting to see what he comes up with.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:47 pm

@Unsight:

And yet...I love how you said all that...and STILL not say exactly what you found scummy in those people. :D How exceptional!
W/L/O
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Socrates

I used my one-shot vig to kill nhammen last night. My existance makes me think that there isn't another vigilante loose (and probably not an SK because 4 kills a night is freaking ridiculous), so I think it's extremely likely that Socrates is scum at this juncture. You guys can argue your bullshit mislynch theory tomorrow, but I honestly believe we've hit scum today.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Parama »

...anybody going to counterclaim that shot?
Unsight wrote:'m gonna continue pushing the non-stupid wagons of Day 2--Midnight's Sorrow and Socrates.

VOTE: Midnight's Sorrow
Vote Socrates then
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Well that's weird, because the kill flavour screams SK.
Unvote. Vote: Unsight.

It's better over here.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:21 pm

@Nacho:

Any reason why you used your one shot kill on nhammen??

Curious George is curious :?
W/L/O
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nikanor wrote:Well that's weird, because the kill flavour screams SK.
Unvote. Vote: Unsight.

It's better over here.
So you're saying that both the SK's kill and a Mafia/Werewolf's kill was stopped Night 1? And you're sayiing this without any evidence whatsoever? And probably without reading the game? And then voting someone who's not me/Socrates without reasoning?

I FOUND SCUM #2 GUISE!

@MS: He handled the wagon on him poorly, and I figured that his death by me woud pretty much confirm Socrates as scum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:30 pm

I see then.

Unvote
Vote:Socrates
W/L/O
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Nacho wrote:So you're saying that both the SK's kill and a Mafia/Werewolf's kill was stopped Night 1?
Yes. Doctor & Roleblocker both stopping kills on night one would be the only thing to make sense if there was an sk. So either way, Socrates had a kill stopped and was scum.
And I've read the game.
Are you going to CLAIM sk? Because that would make this easier, Nacho.
As it is with your one-shot vig claim I'm not going lynch someone simply because they were blocked on the night of a no-kill. There are multiple other explanations, and I don't think that Socrates is particularly scummy himself.

I'm voting for Unsight because he's voting for MS over Socrates, when there was concrete evidence to suggest that Socrates was scum over MS. Whether Socrates is scum or not, that's just scummy.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Parama »

Nikanor wrote:I'm voting for Unsight because he's voting for MS over Socrates, when there was concrete evidence to suggest that Socrates was scum over MS. Whether Socrates is scum or not, that's just scummy.
Hmm. While I agree with this, then by your logic shouldn't you be voting Socrates? You're doing the same thing you're accusing Unsight of. Like you yourself said, there's concrete evidence that Socrates is likely scum, so uh why aren't you voting him?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nikanor wrote:There are multiple other explanations, and I don't think that Socrates is particularly scummy himself.
Name one scenario where Socrates ISN'T scum.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Parama wrote:Hmm. While I agree with this, then by your logic shouldn't you be voting Socrates? You're doing the same thing you're accusing Unsight of. Like you yourself said, there's concrete evidence that Socrates is likely scum, so uh why aren't you voting him?
No, I'm not. The evidence against Socrates is no longer concrete with Nacho's claim. It is now circumstantial evidence. I'm saying that the evidence before WAS concrete, and that Unsight is scummy for not following that evidence.
And before you say it, I know that there were other people who voted for MS before Unsight did. The difference is that Socrates is listed as one of Unsight's suspects, unlike myself and others who prefer the other wagons.
Nacho wrote:Name one scenario where Socrates ISN'T scum.
The mafia kill was blocked by a doctor on night one is one such scenario.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

An idiot is me. Sorry, hun.

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

Yea, Nacho's claim kinda undoes the argument that the third kills indicts me in any way.

:?

Do people want me to claim, by the way?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Save it.
You should probably vote for Unsight if you don't want to be lynched today, though.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Socrates »

I might be town, but a mislynch by any other name is just as bitter.

Let me read up on Unsight before I blindly wagon him.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Nacho: Can I assume you didn't kill anyone N1?

If that's the case then we're back where we were yesterday. Socrates could have been blocked by nhammen (which is much more likely now that we know nhammen really was a roleblocker) or there could have been a doc save.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”