Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by AGar »

screl1 wrote:Agar – Are you serious? As difficult as it might be, I am going to try and break it down so that you can understand. DAVID’S VOTE WAS THE ONLY OMGUS VOTE. If I said the other ones were then that would be a lie.
I understand that. What I don't understand is why if you felt it was a random vote you mentioned the word OMGUS? Explain that to me, that's what I want to know. Otherwise, right now, it looks like a scumbuddy trying to preemptively answer any questions that might come up about his partner's RVS vote.

Why are you freaking out, again? You're at
L-5
for christ's sake. It's not like a bandwagon is roaring right now to lynch you. I asked a simple question for clarification because otherwise, you look like a lead I have on scum right now. But I'm just one person.

Your reactions are making you look more and more scummy here, and not helping your case. Neither is the OMGUS vote.

As for the timing of your post - I read it. What I'm saying is it conveniently got sandwiched in during that posting spree where people were even saying that there was a lot to read and several people have said they're refusing to read everything MS and I wrote (tl,dr; MS and I have differing opinions on how to open the game), and it could have been coincidence, but dropping 3 FoSes on the three active players at the time is mighty suspect, and that's a good time to put it in when people might not notice it.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Ladies and gentlemen...we have a tie!

Votecount:

It takes seven to lynch!

Voting

AGar (2): Copper, screl1
DavidParker (2): My Milked Eek, TheButtonmen

Idiotking (1): remussaidow
screl1 (2): DavidParker, AGar

TheButtonmen (1): AWA

Not Voting

Merlin, Guthrie, IdiotKing, MichelSableheart

Deadline is in
days. July 16, 2010 at 10:00pm PST.

AWA has been prodded
GAH! Awa is actually V/LA right now. My bad >_<!
remussaidow has been prodded
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Screl wrote:@Michel - When did I withdraw my opinion of AGar? He asked a question and I responded with direct quotations from him.
Screl wrote:Well this is what happens when you drink, watch a movie and write a review over the course of a couple of hours... You said, “Is it really a random reason? Doesn't seem like one.” I took that as pointing a finger, perhaps it was just playful banter?
Screl wrote:Again, alcohol and distractions got in the way.
Rereading, I have to admit that you didn't actually withdraw your opinions. Still, the fact that you immediately point at alcohol and distractions does give me an impression of "don't blame me for my opinions, I'm not fully responsible for them!"
Screl wrote:Town wants people who pay attention to everything and not just the big posts between two people.
Says the player who only FoSed players who made big posts.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by DavidParker »

@Mod: Doesn't screl have 2 votes???

Indeed he does! Fixed.

He's looking scummier by the minute with his reaction at L-5...
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 am

Post by screl1 »

AGar wrote:
screl1 wrote:Agar – Are you serious? As difficult as it might be, I am going to try and break it down so that you can understand. DAVID’S VOTE WAS THE ONLY OMGUS VOTE. If I said the other ones were then that would be a lie.
I understand that. What I don't understand is why if you felt it was a random vote you mentioned the word OMGUS? Explain that to me, that's what I want to know. Otherwise, right now, it looks like a scumbuddy trying to preemptively answer any questions that might come up about his partner's RVS vote.
OMGUS: "used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you. . " - Mafiawiki
Random Vote: "initial votes are made with no substantial reasoning offered. These are often referred to as random votes." - Mafiawiki

The vote was in retaliation to someone else who voted for him. What else would you call it? The other votes were just random votes which is what I called it.

[quote="AGar]
As for the timing of your post - I read it. What I'm saying is it conveniently got sandwiched in during that posting spree where people were even saying that there was a lot to read and several people have said
they're refusing to read everything MS and I wrote
(tl,dr; MS and I have differing opinions on how to open the game), and it could have been coincidence, but dropping 3 FoSes on the three active players at the time is mighty suspect, and that's a good time to put it in when people might not notice it.[/quote]

This means that they are going to ignore you, not me. And your whole argument about where I posted is completely asinine. So far you hijacked the thread, vote hop, pointed the most fingers, used worthless arguments like, "your post was in a bad position" and made claims like I never said that... oh wait... yes I did, makes me think you have acted the scummiest out of everyone here so far.
MichelSableheart wrote:
Screl wrote:@Michel - When did I withdraw my opinion of AGar? He asked a question and I responded with direct quotations from him.
Screl wrote:Well this is what happens when you drink, watch a movie and write a review over the course of a couple of hours... You said, “Is it really a random reason? Doesn't seem like one.” I took that as pointing a finger, perhaps it was just playful banter?
Screl wrote:Again, alcohol and distractions got in the way.
Rereading, I have to admit that you didn't actually withdraw your opinions. Still, the fact that you immediately point at alcohol and distractions does give me an impression of "don't blame me for my opinions, I'm not fully responsible for them!"
I never changed my opinions, I just gave him calling rem out as playful banter. I used direct quotes to point out what I was saying. I never changed my mind or withdrew any opinions of AGar. I pointed out that I did it over the course of a movie, and a few beers. AGar pointed out two 'problems' with my post but later admitted to both so I don't see the problem.

MichelSableheart" wrote:
Screl wrote:Town wants people who pay attention to everything and not just the big posts between two people.
Says the player who only FoSed players who made big posts.
Says the player who admittedly argued a irrelevant topic. From my understanding when people derail a thread it is considered a bad thing.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:38 am

Post by remussaidow »

unvote
for starters. Random votes no longer serve a purpose, and IK doesn't seem to be posting enough to apply anything like serious pressure right now. Of course, I'm not in any position to talk about that, I haven't posted as much as I should in this game either.

Moving on from that:
Screl- from my own memory and the appearance of other peoples posts, you placed FoSes on the only players actively participating. Why not vote for any of them? The purpose of voting in day 1 is to apply pressure and measure reactions. Do you honestly feel that all three of these people are worth watching, but not worth forcing reactions from?
Also, why are you so nervous at L-5? Especially early in the day one stage?
I find all of these highly suspicious, but I also don't think that it warrants a vote just yet, since answering these questions will give me the same set of reactions and answers that I'd be looking for from voting pressure.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:41 am

Post by screl1 »

I hate quote tags. Attempt #2

AGar wrote: I understand that. What I don't understand is why if you felt it was a random vote you mentioned the word OMGUS? Explain that to me, that's what I want to know. Otherwise, right now, it looks like a scumbuddy trying to preemptively answer any questions that might come up about his partner's RVS vote.
OMGUS: "used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you. . " - Mafiawiki
Random Vote: "initial votes are made with no substantial reasoning offered. These are often referred to as random votes." - Mafiawiki

The vote was in retaliation to someone else who voted for him. What else would you call it? The other votes were just random votes which is what I called it.

AGar wrote:As for the timing of your post - I read it. What I'm saying is it conveniently got sandwiched in during that posting spree where people were even saying that there was a lot to read and several people have said
(tl,dr; MS and I have differing opinions on how to open the game), and it could have been coincidence, but dropping 3 FoSes on the three active players at the time is mighty suspect, and that's a good time to put it in when people might not notice it.
This means that they are going to ignore you, not me. And your whole argument about where I posted is completely asinine. So far you hijacked the thread, vote hop, pointed the most fingers, used worthless arguments like, "your post was in a bad position" and made claims like I never said that... oh wait... yes I did, makes me think you have acted the scummiest out of everyone here so far.
MichekSableheart wrote:Rereading, I have to admit that you didn't actually withdraw your opinions. Still, the fact that you immediately point at alcohol and distractions does give me an impression of "don't blame me for my opinions, I'm not fully responsible for them!"
I never changed my opinions, I just gave him calling rem out as playful banter. I used direct quotes to point out what I was saying. I never changed my mind or withdrew any opinions of AGar. I pointed out that I did it over the course of a movie, and a few beers. AGar pointed out two 'problems' with my post but later admitted to both so I don't see the problem.

MichelSableheart wrote:Says the player who only FoSed players who made big posts.
Says the player who admittedly argued a irrelevant topic. From my understanding when people derail a thread it is considered a bad thing.
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 am

Post by screl1 »

remussaidow wrote:
unvote
for starters. Random votes no longer serve a purpose, and IK doesn't seem to be posting enough to apply anything like serious pressure right now. Of course, I'm not in any position to talk about that, I haven't posted as much as I should in this game either.

Moving on from that:
Screl- from my own memory and the appearance of other peoples posts, you placed FoSes on the only players actively participating. Why not vote for any of them? The purpose of voting in day 1 is to apply pressure and measure reactions. Do you honestly feel that all three of these people are worth watching, but not worth forcing reactions from?
Also, why are you so nervous at L-5? Especially early in the day one stage?
I find all of these highly suspicious, but I also don't think that it warrants a vote just yet, since answering these questions will give me the same set of reactions and answers that I'd be looking for from voting pressure.
Again, first game and from my understanding if you are only suspicious you give an FOS. AGar and MS were derailing the thread, this is suspicious but again it is early in day 1 so there isn't much to talk about so I just did an FOS. AWA was because he made a vote then withdrew it the second he got called out, just seemed spineless and a way to attempt to loose attention. Like I said earlier I have learned that voting is better but you live and learn right? Nervous at L-5? Don't think I would say that I am nervous, but I did start voting (quick learner) I called out AGar and since he attacks everyone I figured I better make a point of it to make sure everyone pays attention to him.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:55 am

Post by remussaidow »

Screl- Thanks.
Side note, why aren't you in a Newbie game as game #1? they really do help.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:35 am

Post by screl1 »

remussaidow wrote:Screl- Thanks.
Side note, why aren't you in a Newbie game as game #1? they really do help.
From my experiences the best way to learn something is immersion. Figured if I just jump in I will catch on quick enough.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:56 am

Post by AGar »

screl1 wrote:I hate quote tags. Attempt #2

AGar wrote: I understand that. What I don't understand is why if you felt it was a random vote you mentioned the word OMGUS? Explain that to me, that's what I want to know. Otherwise, right now, it looks like a scumbuddy trying to preemptively answer any questions that might come up about his partner's RVS vote.

You seem to be missing the point. It was an OMGUS vote. But you can't have a random vote and an OMGUS vote in the same vote, which is what you're trying to do. You brought up that DP might be OMGUS-ing, but you more think he's random voting. WHY bring up the OMGUS? No one else had so much as mentioned it beyond the RVS, it wasn't something being used against DP. It looks to me like you're trying to buddy up to him by preemptively clearing him of OMGUSing, because otherwise there is no reason to bring up OMGUS.
screl1 wrote:
AGar wrote:As for the timing of your post - I read it. What I'm saying is it conveniently got sandwiched in during that posting spree where people were even saying that there was a lot to read and several people have said
(tl,dr; MS and I have differing opinions on how to open the game), and it could have been coincidence, but dropping 3 FoSes on the three active players at the time is mighty suspect, and that's a good time to put it in when people might not notice it.
In case you haven't read the thread in full (which it strikes me as you didn't) I have admitted that in the moment of that argument, I thought MS was scum for what we were arguing about. When I think someone is scum, I pressure them until they break. In regards to vote-hopping, I random voted DavidParker, called out AWA for being scummy, found MS scummier, stayed on that vote for a while, then when I re-read my argument and realized it wasn't part of the game, I retracted and moved to who I found the scummiest (being you). Pointing the most fingers, I've casted 3 serious votes, and brought up suspicion of DavidParker. That might be the most out of anyone, but I'm hardly calling out everyone, and at least I've been willing to fully commit to my suspicions, not hand out worthless FoSes when I have no vote on anyone. Would you rather I tunneled in on players so I miss how scummy you and your partners are? And I'm not using your post timing as my sole reason to suspect you, l have plenty of others too. Like the mis-representations and false claims. Where have I made claims like "I never said that... oh wait... yes I did"? I just iso'd myself to be sure, and I don't see it at all.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Merlin
Merlin
Townie
Merlin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Merlin »

sry for jumping in here was abit busy with afew things il begin to play normally now, ill also try and read up c where every1 is at
good from far, far from good
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

IdiotKing has requested to be replaced. Looking for a replacement.

Guthrie has been prodded.
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by screl1 »

AGar wrote: You seem to be missing the point. It was an OMGUS vote. But you can't have a random vote and an OMGUS vote in the same vote, which is what you're trying to do. You brought up that DP might be OMGUS-ing, but you more think he's random voting. WHY bring up the OMGUS? No one else had so much as mentioned it beyond the RVS, it wasn't something being used against DP. It looks to me like you're trying to buddy up to him by preemptively clearing him of OMGUSing, because otherwise there is no reason to bring up OMGUS.
Feel free to correct me, but from my understanding an OMGUS vote that early on is a random vote, not a serious vote. Since I was analyzing everyone else I figured I might as well tack an analysis on him. Two types of votes - random and serious, this was random. And who needs to buddy up to clear a vote in the beggining? And is OMGUS voting something that needs clearing up? Seems like you are grasping at straws.
AGar wrote:In case you haven't read the thread in full (which it strikes me as you didn't) I have admitted that in the moment of that argument, I thought MS was scum for what we were arguing about. When I think someone is scum, I pressure them until they break. In regards to vote-hopping, I random voted DavidParker, called out AWA for being scummy, found MS scummier, stayed on that vote for a while, then when I re-read my argument and realized it wasn't part of the game, I retracted and moved to who I found the scummiest (being you). Pointing the most fingers, I've casted 3 serious votes, and brought up suspicion of DavidParker. That might be the most out of anyone, but I'm hardly calling out everyone, and at least I've been willing to fully commit to my suspicions, not hand out worthless FoSes when I have no vote on anyone. Would you rather I tunneled in on players so I miss how scummy you and your partners are? And I'm not using your post timing as my sole reason to suspect you, l have plenty of others too. Like the mis-representations and false claims. Where have I made claims like "I never said that... oh wait... yes I did"? I just iso'd myself to be sure, and I don't see it at all.
Instead of typing a paragraph I am going to use bullets to get my point across in a more concise manner.
1.) Like I have said already, I thought you were supposed to use FOSs until you were certain and FOSs were saved for the beggining when you are not sure. Clearly I was mistaken and now I am voting.
2.) Not sure what you mean by tunneling - care to explain?
3.) Using a post time at all is worthless
4.) What does it mean to iso yourself?
5.) To respond to your last question allow me to answer with a few quotes from you.

AGar wrote: Wait what? Where did I call bandwagons a scummy move? I said AWA's hesitation about bandwagons was scummy.

AGar wrote:Ah ok. Yes, this did transpire.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by DavidParker »

@Screl: How did you hope to achieve any scum hunting or discussion just by FoS'ing people? I mean it doesn't pressure them at all... You say "FOSs are saved for when youre not sure" but when are you ever sure someone is scum? are you saying you are going to be too reluctant to ever use your vote ?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Copper »

AGar wrote:I did feel that Michel was scum at one time, but I was also furiously engaged in the argument similarly, so my vision was clouded. I wasn't simply trolling for an argument, and that MD thread will likely re-surface in MD post-game.
Be that as it may, can you really respond to the idea of vote hopping so early in the game without relying on tunneling? I appreciate the honesty, but can you elaborate on what exactly the catalyst was for the original vote (or, better still, for the vote switch) without pushing us all back into an unnecessary argument? Additionally, I don't think it's just Michel either, you were voting AWA before him, and had a random vote on DavidParker before that. Why did you not reconsider your AWA vote after you decided to unvote Michel? Why did you choose screl instead? It feels a bit scatterbrained, not something I would expect coming from you.
screl wrote:Either you are too stupid to figure out that this was the only OMGUS vote, or you are trying to project your scum on me. Either way that is bad for town.

I don’t care if you are in the middle of a posting spree, I will post where I please, if you decide to ignore it and let it go by unnoticed then that is your fault. Town wants people who pay attention to everything and not just the big posts between two people.
Although seeped in emotion, this makes me wonder what Michel would have to say about how screl is arguing here. I feel as though if you're too willing to let aggression read as town, then posts like this may pass that check as well. AGar, I think, is right to criticize screl here. This seems overly reactionary for a player who isn't in any form of danger. His playing of the newbie card, I think, doesn't bode well for him either. However, it does seem like there may be some genuine confusion on screl's part:
screl wrote:Feel free to correct me, but from my understanding an OMGUS vote that early on is a random vote, not a serious vote.
An OMGUS vote is inherently nonrandom, screl, regardless of when it takes place. Any vote that has an objective or motivation behind it is definitely not a random vote.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Vote: Merlin

The gameday lasts 19 days. Merlin didn't post till he was prodded, then only posted when the deadline for that prod was almost over. And what he does come up with is not relevant to the game at all. Rereading the game doesn't take 10 hours. If he had been replaced, he would simply have been inactive, but his participation is extremely suspicious coming from a player who is interested in the game.

@Copper: Screll's attack on AGar doesn't read nearly as town as AGar's attack on me. It's made in response to being under attack, rather then actually making the attack. Because of this, the argument "scum would try to stay under the radar more" doesn't really apply.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I agree, merlin's lurking when he said he had begun to take the game seriously (could have done a 15minute read through and maybe another 15minute for a quick analysis and to get discussion going), instead he posts some incoherent post, which is utterly useless.

Vote: Merlin
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:22 am

Post by AGar »

screl1 wrote:
AGar wrote: You seem to be missing the point. It was an OMGUS vote. But you can't have a random vote and an OMGUS vote in the same vote, which is what you're trying to do. You brought up that DP might be OMGUS-ing, but you more think he's random voting. WHY bring up the OMGUS? No one else had so much as mentioned it beyond the RVS, it wasn't something being used against DP. It looks to me like you're trying to buddy up to him by preemptively clearing him of OMGUSing, because otherwise there is no reason to bring up OMGUS.
Feel free to correct me, but from my understanding an OMGUS vote that early on is a random vote, not a serious vote. Since I was analyzing everyone else I figured I might as well tack an analysis on him. Two types of votes - random and serious, this was random. And who needs to buddy up to clear a vote in the beggining? And is OMGUS voting something that needs clearing up? Seems like you are grasping at straws.
OMGUS. Oh My God U Suck. It's a reactionary vote to a player who has voted for you. It is a way of voting without really putting a reason behind it, but it is anything but random. Null tell on it's own, but sometimes players are attacked for it. No one needs a buddy to clear up a vote, but the idea that you DID clear it as random strikes me as peculiar, because the only person who even mentioned OMGUS was me in a joke post after DP had posted his vote.
screl1 wrote:
AGar wrote:In case you haven't read the thread in full (which it strikes me as you didn't) I have admitted that in the moment of that argument, I thought MS was scum for what we were arguing about. When I think someone is scum, I pressure them until they break. In regards to vote-hopping, I random voted DavidParker, called out AWA for being scummy, found MS scummier, stayed on that vote for a while, then when I re-read my argument and realized it wasn't part of the game, I retracted and moved to who I found the scummiest (being you). Pointing the most fingers, I've casted 3 serious votes, and brought up suspicion of DavidParker. That might be the most out of anyone, but I'm hardly calling out everyone, and at least I've been willing to fully commit to my suspicions, not hand out worthless FoSes when I have no vote on anyone. Would you rather I tunneled in on players so I miss how scummy you and your partners are? And I'm not using your post timing as my sole reason to suspect you, l have plenty of others too. Like the mis-representations and false claims. Where have I made claims like "I never said that... oh wait... yes I did"? I just iso'd myself to be sure, and I don't see it at all.
Instead of typing a paragraph I am going to use bullets to get my point across in a more concise manner.
1.) Like I have said already, I thought you were supposed to use FOSs until you were certain and FOSs were saved for the beggining when you are not sure. Clearly I was mistaken and now I am voting.
2.) Not sure what you mean by tunneling - care to explain?
3.) Using a post time at all is worthless
4.) What does it mean to iso yourself?
5.) To respond to your last question allow me to answer with a few quotes from you.

AGar wrote: Wait what? Where did I call bandwagons a scummy move? I said AWA's hesitation about bandwagons was scummy.

AGar wrote:Ah ok. Yes, this did transpire.
1) To me, FOSing is all but worthless if you have no vote cast. It means you aren't willing to commit to anything, regardless of what the stakes are. It screams "I'm going to fence-sit right now and not be bold!"
2) Tunneling - focusing in only one player and ignoring the rest of the actions of the town while you poke and prod at them.
3) No it really isn't. It can be a decent scum tactic if done right because it can cause a post to be lost between the cracks.
4) Isoing is looking at all of one players posts alone. There's a dropdown menu at the bottom of the page that allows you to select a player and see all of that individual's posts without anyone else's interfering.
5) You really should keep quotes in context when you try and build a case, because what you've done is completely misrepresent the conversation. I never backtracked on a single word in that transcription. Here it is in full (each post is it's own quote because I can't embed quote pyramids beyond 5 posts and this takes more. I edited posts down to only the parts that pertain to this conversation (took out quotes and parts directed at other people):

Post #56:
screl1 wrote:
TheButtonmen

He started by voting for Michel joining with copper to create a bandwagon. Button then voted AWA to appease Agar because joining in on the bandwagon was a scum move. He did not answer Michel’s question and said that it will distract from game and lead to ‘noise’. Although I agree the question is irrelevant, there is nothing else to discuss right now so is there an ulterior motive behind joining michel’s first vote? Is there a negative past history between these two? Just makes me curious but I do not think it has to deal with being scummy in this game… not yet at least
Wasn't addressed at me, I didn't put too much thought into it, just made mental notes of where screl stood.

Post #61
TheButtonmen wrote: A) Bandwagons aren't scummy.
B) Bullocks about appeasing AGar, I voted AWA because he's scum.
C) You agree the question is irrelevant but want to discuss it, that makes no sense.
D) No history why do you ask?
E) This game has had truck loads of scummyness already.
Point A is the most important part of this, because it starts the confusion on my end later down the road.

Post #62
screl1 wrote: A.) I agree - AGar was calling it a scummy move
B.) That is just what it looks like to me
C.) Was just curious if you didn't like him from some past game or something and that is why you joined that bandwagon
E.) Agreed
Again, look at A. It goes from "bandwagons aren't scummy" to "I agree - AGar was calling it a scummy move" At this point, I am confused, because I do not recall saying bandwagons were scummy, instead the exact opposite.

Post #63
I had quoted the exchange between TBM and screl and snipped all but #62's point A in the quote, because that was what I needed to address.

Post #69
screl1 wrote: You were not calling all bandwagons scummy, but you did say, “I'm gonna move my vote, because your fear of a bandwagon mislynching someone in the early game is really scummy.” Again, alcohol and distractions got in the way.
I was trying to say that you (Agar) were calling Button’s bandwagon views scummy
, right after this happened Button unvoted, voted for AWA who you (Agar) had just voted for.
This was his response, clarifying. I just realized that I misread this, inserting AWA instead of Button in the bolded line (emphasis is mine). I never actually said Button's bandwagon views were scummy, I never even addressed TBM prior to my run in with MichelSableheart; instead I had said that AWA was. I must have spotted AWA's name in the line already (eyes drawn to capital letters) and had placed it there. Either way, I thought I had this clarified, and I understood what he was trying to portray.

Post #70
AGar wrote: Ah ok. Yes, this did transpire.
I follow the quotes up with this, meaning to say "Yes, I did find AWA's bandwagon views scummy."

So don't try and misrepresent the conversation.

For the record, this is the last time I will explain anything for you. If you don't know the definition of something, use the wiki to find it. There are newbie games for a reason, and they have an IC whose purpose is to educate you on terminology and practices of the site. If other players wish to assist you, that's their call, but if you just want to jump in, don't expect everything to be taught to you.

@Copper - I'm going to assume we've played together. Would love to find out the heads of the hydra whenever you feel comfortable revealing them, if that point ever comes (honestly no idea at the moment). I don't think I've been more vote happy in this game than any others I've played in the past. The big difference may be that I partook in the RVS this game, which is something I don't usually do, but I was honestly too lazy to formulate 11 questions that I would be able to benefit from information wise.

After the incident between MS and myself, I did reconsider a vote on AWA. I also checked and saw he was on V/LA, and that his stance on bandwagons was likely a null-tell. Between those two factors, I decided that my time would be better suited pursuing screl, who had given an opportunity for me to push and prod at him with his 3 FoS post and his general attitude and actions like the clearing of DP's RVS vote.

I've noticed something about DavidParker's votes.

Vote #1: AGar. Post #21. Post #20 was my RVS vote on him.
Vote #2: MichelSableheart. Post #48. Post #44 was my vote on MichelSableheart in the heat of our argument.
Vote #3: Screl1. Post #73. Post #60 was MichelSableheart asking why Screl had FoSed the three active players in the game.
Vote #4: Merlin. Post #117. Post #116 was MichelSableheart's vote on Merlin.

Aside from his first vote on me, all of his votes have followed either someone else casting the vote, or someone else calling that player out. We have yet to see him go on his own on anything. His one post of content, Post #93 shows him echoing opinions given by other players in the game save for his remark about TBM. No, the remark about AWA doesn't count for anything in my eyes, as he simply re-hashed AWA's posts and gave no input on them. It had been echoed by several people about mine and MS's argument being useless, and MS had said Copper's post was good. The idea about Screl's 3 FoS post had already been brought up as suspicious.

DP - Start playing the game seriously, and start posting thoughts of your own to some extent. I want to know your top two suspects, and why, and hopefully see at least 1 (if not more) reason that isn't a re-hash of what someone else has said.

Merlin (promised activity 12 hours ago. I'll give him another 4 before I begin to feel like he isn't coming back) is lurking, but so is MME (who came in, dropped a vote on DP without full explanation, and left on Wednesday. It is now Saturday.), and Guthrie (who got to the edge of his prod as well, then promised activity - This was on Tuesday, 3 days 12 hours ago).

IdiotKing is being replaced.

TBM is just shy of 72 hours out of the thread (60) and he has simply posted one-liners, and hasn't actually followed through on most of what he has said (things like there being truckloads of scumminess in the game: I would like to see him point it out).

Interestingly, TBM and MME votes are sitting on DP... Hmm. Makes me think.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:24 am

Post by AGar »

EBWOP:

The end of the last part should also include in a bit to MS - I don't think that Merlin is the appropriate lurker to target in this scenario, if you want to target lurkers, there are better choices.

Also, I'm going to avoid any further WOTs from here out. That one was a lot of thoughts that came to mind as I was gleaning the thread for the conversation between myself and screl.

chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:51 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Equinox replaces IdiotKing.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Equinox »

Hello. I am the replacement.

I'm currently knocking myself out with a reading backlog, so you'll see something big and awesome most likely later today or late tomorrow, depending on how distracted I get today. :P
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:38 am

Post by AGar »

Hey Equinox.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by AGar »

Noting to all games I will not be here tomorrow for 4th of July. Will be back Monday.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:00 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Dear lord people; conciseness is protown.

Enough with the wall spam.

@Agar:
My vote is parked on DavidParker because I find him to be super scums. He's blatantly town following and has been all game.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”