New York 115: Wickedestjr's Large Mafia (Game Over)

Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Karma »

Votecount 33:

Mitsuru Kirijo - (8) - Karma, CJMiller, silverbullet999, q21, foilist13, DavidParker, Vezokpiraka, Mafuyu
Adrien C - (2) – RichardGHP, danakillsu
BlazezRb - (1) - Mitsuru Kirijo
Toon Fighter - (1) - Chevre
Not Voting - (9) - Toon Fighter, Asaclardy, Sucrose, Adrien C, guy0, Battle Mage, kunkstar7, BlazezRb, Demonhybrid

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

SHOOT GUYS I FORGOT HOW SCUMMY KUNK WAS

unvote vote: Kunkstar
Last edited by Wickedestjr on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by DavidParker »

@BM: Why am i avoided from your list of players to be looked at?? Considering the player who i replaced, had no posts (i think from checking his iso) and no read on him day 1.. I haven't yet done any real scum hunting of my own, it's kind of hard to, subbing in 40 pages into a game, but still possible if I put in the effort. I mean you have no way of connecting me to anyone or forming a good read on me, Why was I ignored from your list of people you want "heat on"?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

DavidParker wrote:@BM: Why am i avoided from your list of players to be looked at?? Considering the player who i replaced, had no posts (i think from checking his iso) and no read on him day 1.. I haven't yet done any real scum hunting of my own, it's kind of hard to, subbing in 40 pages into a game, but still possible if I put in the effort. I mean you have no way of connecting me to anyone or forming a good read on me, Why was I ignored from your list of people you want "heat on"?
Awwww, i'm sorry babyyyyyyyy. lmao
You already got an FoS from me, but to be perfectly honest, you aren't of any great interest to me today. As admirable as it is to welcome scrutiny, i don't think it's a very wise approach. Your thoughts on Adrien C, Asaclardy and DemonHybrid are far more valuable to me.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DemonHybrid wrote: @BM: I have no clue. Point out some things that make me look scummy in your eyes, and I'll answer everything. And I'm not sure that your definition of lurking is the same as mine; I thought I gave a medium amount of activity in the past few days.
Oh. Ok then. I'll clarify...

My definition of lurking, is quite literal. You spend large periods of time viewing the thread, without making comment. Very often when i come on here, your account is also listed as reading the thread, but there has been no post made by you, and when i wait, no post is made.

Tell me i'm wrong. Because that, my good man, is lurking.
Demonhybrid wrote: I'd like more of an argument from you, it's surprising that you'd make a statement like that out of the blue by the way you've been playing the whole game.
I know, but you're a bit different to my other suspects. I dunno, i've got a
really
bad feeling about you, which started with the lurking, and only got worse when i ISO'd you. I wasnt going to make a case per se, but if you insist, i'll do so when i get back tonight. Let's hope you do
n't
live to regret it? ;)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:21 am

Post by BlazezRb »

will post tonight

plz don't lynch til then.
Show
Rankings:
0-1 Town
0-0 Neutral
0-0 Mafia

Active Games: 5: Alive in 3, Dead in 2
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Karma: I haven't seen much from Karma today. Can't really form an opinion

CJMiller: Is either lurking scum or unhelpful town. Can't tell which because he seems to go on like this in every single game. Once again he jumped on a BW.

silverbullet999: Not seeing a whole lot today. Certainly not enough to form an opinion

q21 seems to be asking questions. Not a whole lot, but I wouldn't accuse him of active lurking.
foilist13 I believe is town, because of BM's analysis of Scoot's meta.

DavidParker: Not sure what to make of him, though he still seems to want to keep his vote on me.

Demonhybrid: About your whole Blaze vs me thing, if one of us flips town, you'll assume the other is scum and vice versa? Am I right? Although DH has been lurking a little today, I don't see him as all that scummy.

BlazezRb: Both times BM stopped my lynch, he became seriously annoyed, complaining about it and saying "This better be good" and such. Seems a bit of an over-reaction. Like he was really eager for my lynch.

Vezokpiraka: I don't know what to make of his trick, but I do think it's town, albeit a failed attempt to try and catch scum.

That's the views of the people on my wagon.

As for Asaclardy, he hasn't posted since Day 2 started, and SSBF, who was the first to jump on Asaclardy over his hammer, is killed overnight. Seems suspicious, though it may be someone trying to frame Asaclardy. Sorry for the WIFOM but I don't think we can be too hasty with him.

Adrien C seems a little inconsistent and eager to please. He said a few times "If you want me to hammer, I'll hammer" and then says he'd like to discuss Vezo's trick. The lack of consistency is a little scummy.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:09 am

Post by q21 »

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote: BlazezRb: Both times BM stopped my lynch, he became seriously annoyed, complaining about it and saying "This better be good" and such. Seems a bit of an over-reaction. Like he was really eager for my lynch.
The "This better be good." comment was me. It was because he was pushing so hard on you and then backed of suddenly without any real explanation.

I would like DH to comment as to the speed of his flip flop between the Mitsuru and Blazez wagons yesterday. Voting for Mitsuru for less than 24 hours before jumping to what became the next big wagon of the day is interesting.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:29 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

@BM: I keep my comp on consistently, and I leave the tab open to this page. I'd rather you comment on the amount of posts over my time spent logged in.

@Mitsu: Yeah, I had a good feeling on that. I had a pretty big post earlier that I could try to find sometime, but that's the general idea.

@q21: If you're talking about real time, I assume you meant the day 2 switch, before I unvoted. I took a good look at this post and completely agreed with it:
foilist13 wrote:This seems more relevant now that we know ELG was scum.
BM wrote:
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote: IOAing is Information over Analysis, or using your own info over analyzing other players' posts.

Also, EGL, was that vote a serious one?
I can understand your warning about answering other peoples' questions, but
I was mentioning how I skimmed over my posts BEFORE I got an avatar. And I started this game with one.
Underlined is concern. Italicised is concession.

This the means by which Mitsuru chooses to try and appease EGL. Whether you consider appeasement scummy at this stage in the game, is upto you.

It's also notable that his comment about IoA is, in itself, IoA. The tendency in his early posts, seems to be "piping in" on other people's conversations rather than making himself the focus.
EGL wrote:BM makes a good case.

I didn't like it that he was ready to just strike a deal with BM or the bit about not wanting people to vote for him because he doesn't have a vote on anyone. And his lack of conviction there is disturbing.

VOTE: Mitsu
This here is some pretty scum partnering.

[quote="EGL]
silverbullet999 wrote:Well I'll join the wagon mainly because of this
Mitsu wrote: I didn't want to be voted for not having a vote.
(Pretty sure BM mentioned or took note of this but) Someone taking actions to avoid getting votes? Aren't scum the only ones to be afraid of votes?

VOTE: Mitsuru
Typically yes. But I have seen a newb townie try to join a wagon after the hammer saying it was so people don't vote for him the next day phase.

Anyway, I still don't like it.
Here EGL is pretty clearly defending Mitsu while trying to keep her at arm's length.

Here he found a spot to get off her wagon and point at someone else:
EGL wrote:Most town:
2. SSBF seems to be making some good posts.
2. Mitsu because of guy0's apology which leads me to believe she's at the very least not in the scum group.

1. Sc00t because he's mostly disappeared, and since I know him, that means he's bored and probably has a boring role.
I think that's enough evidence to show a connection.
Vote: Mitsu
[/quote]

Now that we know EGL is scum, the connection between them seems just vague enough to allow them to bus each other silently, but still defend each other if need be, and along with her scummy behavior all game, I felt like we really have caught scum back there. It was more of a "Blaze can wait" type post. I voted for him at the beginning of D2 because of his rolefish right off the bat. However, like I said, lately because of the fake hammer, I'm starting to believe Mitsuru is town, just really scummy acting town. She's been digging a hole ever since she started the game and doing common scum mistakes, so I kept changing my opinion of her, however, her fake hammer reaction (since she seems to be newer) seems generally honest. There's just no way that I'm going to vote for someone who looks town, even if their posting habits were scummy.

Still waiting for a defense from Toon Fighter.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

The "This better be good." comment was me. It was because he was pushing so hard on you and then backed of suddenly without any real explanation.
And are you any more satisfied now than you were then?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:07 am

Post by DavidParker »

Having posted long/analytical posts in my other 8 or so games, I felt obliged to post here (so all my watched games have me as last poster!), but havn't got any huge analysis at moment, I will go back and analyse those 3 players you mentioned BM but dont expect anything until maybe 24hours from now. Uruguay/netherlands just started and then i have to sleeP (its currently 3am) and busy all day tomorrow!

so, just saying hi :)
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

@BM

You give me headaches. I'm not bought that Mitsu's answer to the trap was a town tell. In my mind, the trap is what I call a pit-fall trap. Either mitsu falls for the trap and looks incredibly scummy or she dodges the pit and is neither less or more affected. I find it incredibly easy for her to have simply quickly checked or knew altogether and played it off. Do I believe she's anymore scummy from this? Of course not, it's a complete null-tell in my eyes. Therefore she's still number 1 in my book and I'm not persuaded just yet to change otherwise.
... People were right it seems....
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:35 am

Post by q21 »

DemonHybrid wrote: @q21: If you're talking about real time, I assume you meant the day 2 switch, before I unvoted. I took a good look at this post and completely agreed with it:
Actually I was talking about this on day one.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:I think there were a couple of votes against him, but I suppose I wanted a serious vote. I really switched to Adrien, as I said before, to anchor my vote because I was afraid of being voted for not having a vote. I wasn't aware at the time that was scummy behavior.
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:I suppose lynched moreso, but voted to an extent.
There's no reason to be scared of being lynched if you're town, not to mention voted. At all.

My top suspects are Blaze, Adrien and Asa, but you flipflopping and uneasiness of being voted really says a lot about your alignment.

Vote: Mitsuru

As a pre-emptive, regardless of the flip, I'm most likely going after Asa next. Blaze is a real close 3rd. Asa, I still don't like the fact that you have nothing to say about your vote, but that could mean a townie that just cant make up his mind. Blaze needs to be careful with his rolefishing and defense.
Then 15 hours 26 minutes later, this.
DemonHybrid wrote:-blazez quote-

This is like a hot bolt of hypocrisy shoved into my brain. It sounds like -you- are keeping the heat off of yourself by deflecting discussion back on Misty, the current wagon.

Defending yourself this rabidly is a scum-tell to me, and I think you've done enough to earn a vote from me. I think Misty is town, however, just new-town; she doesn't seem to be very sure about how to play, and it shows.

Vote: BlazezRb
The reasons you give here might carry a bit more weight if you hadn't twice FoSed and twice voted Mitsuru again after this.

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:
And are you any more satisfied now than you were then?
I didn't hound BM about it, did I? Not really, no. I was mostly satisfied with the explanation he offered, even if I still think unvoting you was the wrong move.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:57 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Correct, but this whole game, Mitsuru has been a shaky case for me. Sometimes she'll act town, sometimes she'll act REALLLY scummy. So, as weird as it sounds, she's been up and down my scum list like a roller coaster while Blaze crept up only slightly and slowly. Asa's been on it for nearly the whole game, and at the same place. Adrien slid down a bit, but has been creeping back up as well because of his "See how I didn't hammer her?" post.

Mitsuru just hasn't really been consistently town nor consistently scummy at all this whole game to me. That's all I have to say about that, unless there are more questions.

You want this one.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 am

Post by q21 »

Karma wrote:SHOOT GUYS I FORGOT HOW SCUMMY KUNK WAS

unvote vote: Kunkstar
Why is kunkstar so scummy? Maybe the fact that he's mirrored a few of my views as to the Mitsuru wagons has clouded my view; enlighten me as to his scumminess please.

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 am

Post by foilist13 »

Battle Mage wrote:Seriously, we are not lynching Mitsu today. You can trust me on that. If you would be so kind as to unvote now, hear me out, and then, if you still feel like she is the scummiest player by the end of the day, you can always hop back on. We are nowhere near done with the day yet, and anyone on that Mitsu wagon now is worthy of serious critique. If you're town, please dont waste my time.
Alright I'll go with you on this.
unvote
for now. Right now I'm going to go back and look real carefully at who EGL gives special treatment to. I suggest you do the same.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DemonHybrid wrote:@BM: I keep my comp on consistently, and I leave the tab open to this page. I'd rather you comment on the amount of posts over my time spent logged in.
You don't decide what i comment on. You're not a B list celebrity and i'm not T4. lol

Your username flickers in and out, which is indicative of you being active within the forum at various times. I assume that means you're watching comments in the thread. Why else would you bother leaving the tab open all the time?
DH wrote: @q21: If you're talking about real time, I assume you meant the day 2 switch, before I unvoted. I took a good look at this post and completely agreed with it:
BM wrote:
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote: IOAing is Information over Analysis, or using your own info over analyzing other players' posts.

I was mentioning how I skimmed over my posts BEFORE I got an avatar. And I started this game with one.

This the means by which Mitsuru chooses to try and appease EGL. Whether you consider appeasement scummy at this stage in the game, is upto you.

It's also notable that his comment about IoA is, in itself, IoA. The tendency in his early posts, seems to be "piping in" on other people's conversations rather than making himself the focus.

I didn't like it that he was ready to just strike a deal with BM or the bit about not wanting people to vote for him because he doesn't have a vote on anyone. And his lack of conviction there is disturbing.

[quote="EGL]
(Pretty sure BM mentioned or took note of this but) Someone taking actions to avoid getting votes? Aren't scum the only ones to be afraid of votes?

Typically yes. But I have seen a newb townie try to join a wagon after the hammer saying it was so people don't vote for him the next day phase.

Here EGL is pretty clearly defending Mitsu while trying to keep her at arm's length.

2. Mitsu because of guy0's apology which leads me to believe she's at the very least not in the scum group.

1. Sc00t because he's mostly disappeared, and since I know him, that means he's bored and probably has a boring role.
[/quote]

That's good. You use the same post i just pointed out as being hugely flawed, in order to support your suspicion on Mitsu. Well now i'm really sold. :roll:

Unfortunately you've caught me in a really shit mood tonight. Which is bad news for you.

May get a case down in a sec.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

foilist13 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Seriously, we are not lynching Mitsu today. You can trust me on that. If you would be so kind as to unvote now, hear me out, and then, if you still feel like she is the scummiest player by the end of the day, you can always hop back on. We are nowhere near done with the day yet, and anyone on that Mitsu wagon now is worthy of serious critique. If you're town, please dont waste my time.
Alright I'll go with you on this.
unvote
for now. Right now I'm going to go back and look real carefully at who EGL gives special treatment to. I suggest you do the same.
Thanks. Tell me what you think of the chainsaw wagon on Dana.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:06 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Dana wrote:@Kunk
You said everyone should make sure that there was not a no-lynch, then continued to vote for someone who was for sure not going to be lynched D1.
Voting No-Lynch is saying "I don't want to lynch anyone." Voting someone is saying "this person is exhibiting scummy behavior and I want them lynched."

You don't know that a bandwagon on CJMiller wouldn't have formed, you are not the sole person who can dictate who or who isn't worthy of a lynch. So that is merely your perspective and isn't contradictory except from that perspective.

Can't respond to Karma in any form without some semblance of logic. Unfortunately
D
Karma, Fate is not in this game to lead the capslock rampage, and you fail at imitation.

@BM: Regarding the chainsaw bandwagon, the votes weren't on dana due to him voting EGL solely. IIRC, my reason for voting dana was because he blew his vote off as "generating discussion", which is a bad copout.

Vezo irritates me with that faketrick attempt. It doesn't say much about Mitsuru, but looks bad for Vezo.
Welcome to the Network.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Adrien C »

Until CJMiller actually starts doing something more than voting without a reason, I'm doing this.

VOTE: CJMiller
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:38 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Battle Mage wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:@BM: I keep my comp on consistently, and I leave the tab open to this page. I'd rather you comment on the amount of posts over my time spent logged in.
1. You don't decide what i comment on. You're not a B list celebrity and i'm not T4. lol

Your username flickers in and out, which is indicative of you being active within the forum at various times. I assume that means you're watching comments in the thread. Why else would you bother leaving the tab open all the time?
DH wrote: @q21: If you're talking about real time, I assume you meant the day 2 switch, before I unvoted. I took a good look at this post and completely agreed with it:
BM wrote:

[quote="EGL]

2. That's good. You use the same post i just pointed out as being hugely flawed, in order to support your suspicion on Mitsu. Well now i'm really sold. :roll:

Unfortunately you've caught me in a really shit mood tonight. Which is bad news for you.

May get a case down in a sec.

BM[/quote]

1. It's not really that fair of an argument to comment on where I show up on the "online" list. There could be a million reasons why I'm in a certain page, or if I'm not in a certain page, whether I'm online or offline, etc, and you're looking way too hard into that sort of stuff. I'll say this again: What I say in this thread should be the only thing that matters. Meta, ongoing games, activity concerning my online time and where I am, etc. are completely null-tells, and people say that time and time again. How do you expect me to respond to that? Want me to post a giant wall on my daily life, and how I spend my free time?

2. I used a case which I thought was strong in my former suspicion against Mitsu (which I don't have anymore).

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: Just for you, BM, I set my online status as permanently hidden. Something like that should -never- be brought up in a game of Mafia. I have a very strong viewpoint on that.

You want this one.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote: Demon Hybrid

Final decision. This IS the lynch of the day. Case will be forthcoming, i promise. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Mafuyu's going to request that people tone down the quotewalls. Find some way to efficiently compact the relevant data, because it's getting harder to effectively read desu.
Guh. The words.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Adrien or Demon would be an optimal lynch at the moment.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Richard, did I accidentally bump into you in the grocery store and not apologize or something? You've been up my rear since the game began and haven't really been posting evidence as to why.

If that is the case, I am sorry for such actions, dude.

And guys, seriously, CJMiller. I could settle for a Demon lynch though.
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”