Supernatural mafia - Mafia team wins!!!!!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok, back from my 4th of July Family duties so if you don’t like long catch-up posts I have one thing to state – :P
Reaper wrote:What a blatant lie. His avatar told you to VOTE robocopter, not HUNT him.

Unvote; Vote: animorpherv1
So you got to the trouble of attacking Ani for incorrectly parsing Robo’s avatar when Hunting is this game’s mechanic and then immediately make a fail Hunt on Ani? Interesting.
Tubby wrote:if benmage is in on its good enough for me
Do you intend to defer all your decisions to benmage?
LMP wrote:I think the hydras should have to disclose their account names as a rule, but if no such rule exists *shrug*. I don't rely on meta very much, so it doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.
This pretty much summarizes my thoughts on the Hydra issue. If GenericHydra doesn’t want to disclose their identities and Farside has no issue with that there’s not much point pushing the issue.

GH will not suffer any of the Meta downsides associated with the disclosure but also doesn’t get any of the benefits. Hydrak may have Town-tells related to their Metas. GH is basically going to be treated as a brand new account.
Chrono wrote: I don't understand why I'd make a good policy lynch.

- Significantly more often than not, I'm town (like 85:15)
- I'm usually vanilla
- I have a clear history of being mislynch bait.
/meta discussion

I mean, I know I'm not the best Scum Demon-hunter, but I'm still willing to take A Shot at it.
1. Everyone is more often Town than Mafia. Irrelevant
2. Everyone is usually Vanilla as opposed to any other role. Irrelevant
3. Your history of being mislynch bait means you play a bad game. Shape up or ship out (via being hunted).

The fact that you have to say you are “still willing” to scum-hunt indicates why you are a perfect policy lynch. It’s pretty much understood that Town should be doing this. You, regardless of alignment, instead tend to be a lurking, non-scumhunting drag on the game.
KageLord wrote:I might be fine with a policy on Chrono too. I don't know the other two. But I would hold off on policy for right now. I think that would only be helping scum early if we just tried it at the beginning.
Congratulations on making this post doublely scummy! First we have fence-sitting (I MIGHT be fine) re: Chrono. Second you are advocating saving policy lynches for later. You policy lynch, if at all, early because there is a general lack of information. Once the game is several Days deep you should be lynching on gameplay and gameplay alone.
KageLord wrote:You know, I'm more interested to find out which characters are here and what their role powers are. The quotes from the show so far have piqued my interest.
I’ll second the notion that your interest in finding out character identities as opposed to looking for scum is troubling.

Unhunt

Hunt: Kagelord
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:28 am

Post by tubby216 »

Tubby wrote: :
if benmage is in on its good enough for me
"MagnaofIllusion" wrote: Do you intend to defer all your decisions to benmage?
no but if i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Reaper wrote:What a blatant lie. His avatar told you to VOTE robocopter, not HUNT him.

Unvote; Vote: animorpherv1
So you got to the trouble of attacking Ani for incorrectly parsing Robo’s avatar when Hunting is this game’s mechanic and then immediately make a fail Hunt on Ani? Interesting.
Yeah... pretty much :oops:
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Starbuck »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Benmage wrote:As town we generally don't have a lot at our disposal. Information is our greatest tool and we'll need as much as possible. Resistance in this arena is scummy.
This is actually a really great point. This information could be useful to the town, so they should provide it.
You say "the town" like you aren't part of us.
I didn't get that feeling. This feels to be like you are trying to put suspicion where there really is none.

/facepalm

KageLord really?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Benmage »

tubby216 wrote:
Tubby wrote: :
if benmage is in on its good enough for me
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Do you intend to defer all your decisions to benmage?
no but if i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage
QFT
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Benmage »

MagnaofIllusion wrote: You policy lynch, if at all, early because there is a general lack of information. Once the game is several Days deep you should be lynching on gameplay and gameplay alone.
Damn did I like post 125, especially this snip. I do agree that policing early is the way to go. It often just spurs into discussion. Policing mid-game more or less occurs when the acts of the initial desired policy unfold. So if we were going to policy lynch someone like chrono for poor play and lurking habits, but choose not to, and his gameplay turns out to be exactly that: poor play/lurking then we are lynching based on gameplay but it could for some be construed as a mid-game policy lynch.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 am

Post by LimMePls »

Starbuck wrote:I didn't get that feeling. This feels to be like you are trying to put suspicion where there really is none.
I AM getting the same vibe, which is why I responded the way I did.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Benmage wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: You policy lynch, if at all, early because there is a general lack of information. Once the game is several Days deep you should be lynching on gameplay and gameplay alone.
Damn did I like post 125, especially this snip. I do agree that policing early is the way to go. It often just spurs into discussion. Policing mid-game more or less occurs when the acts of the initial desired policy unfold. So if we were going to policy lynch someone like chrono for poor play and lurking habits, but choose not to, and his gameplay turns out to be exactly that: poor play/lurking then we are lynching based on gameplay but it could for some be construed as a mid-game policy lynch.
Bam. This.

Which is why I want to lynch Chronopie, BlazezRb, or whoever the third person was I mentioned.

@ Starbuck + LMP: I've already stated that it was posted in sarcasm.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

@LMP

I do believe KageLord answered himself :D
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

ReaperCharlie wrote:@ Starbuck + LMP: I've already stated that it was posted in sarcasm.
This is true. Doesn't mean it was any less interesting that you made the comment to begin with.
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:@LMP

I do believe KageLord answered himself :D
Quite right.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by KageLord »

LynchMePls wrote:
KageLord wrote:You know, I'm more interested to find out which characters are here and what their role powers are. The quotes from the show so far have piqued my interest. ;)
You are more interested in which characters the mod chose to turn into roles than in discussing information that may be relevant to hunting scum?

Unhunt
Hunt: KageLord
Wow... I thought people had more common sense than this. By "I'm more interested", I meant that I am more interested in that than in finding out who GH is. Thanks for the misrep though.

Besides, you might need some help with grammar. The words "more interested" imply that it is more interesting than something else, but not necessarily the most interesting. If I had been saying I care more about that than scumhunting, I would have said, "I'm most interested to..."
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by KageLord »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
This is actually a really great point. This information could be useful to the town, so they should provide it.
You say "the town" like you aren't part of us.

igmeoy
With the support against me for my comment, I'm surprised that this theory didn't get more support. >>

[/sarcasm]
Show

Record:

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by LimMePls »

KageLord wrote:Wow... I thought people had more common sense than this. By "I'm more interested", I meant that I am more interested in that than in finding out who GH is. Thanks for the misrep though.
That's exactly my point, it isn't a misrep at all. Which accounts make up the two heads of the hydra is more important to the game than which characters got which powers. Dismissing that the identities of the two heads could be useful information while saying you are more interested in the fluff seems scummy to me.

V/LA on weekends
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by KageLord »

LynchMePls wrote:
KageLord wrote:Wow... I thought people had more common sense than this. By "I'm more interested", I meant that I am more interested in that than in finding out who GH is. Thanks for the misrep though.
That's exactly my point, it isn't a misrep at all. Which accounts make up the two heads of the hydra is more important to the game than which characters got which powers. Dismissing that the identities of the two heads could be useful information while saying you are more interested in the fluff seems scummy to me.
Well, first of all, if I was scum I would be unlikely to risk detection by saying something like that. It's only because I'm town that I thought it would be safe to make a little joke comment (apparently I was wrong). I don't know any scum that would be so bold as to say something like that (granted, I have only played in 3 games).

And second, the little point I was trying to slip in is that I'm on the "it doesn't matter who they are" side of the debate. If you hunt meta, then it would probably matter a lot. But otherwise, I don't see why we need to know. On the other hand, it would be nice to know why they don't want to be known, but I wouldn't consider them scum if they don't tell.

Also, knowing which characters are in the game could be pretty important actually. Based on knowledge of the show, we might then be able to guess at their powers and would almost surely know which characters were scum. It seems like an interesting enough idea to me to (much later in the game) ask what peoples' character names are. For example, knowing my character name would almost certainly tell you I'm on the town side (if you believe that I'm giving a real name) and what role power I might have, if any. Still, it's not like I expect to be handed that information or anything.
Show

Record:

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kage
, quote your "joke" for me please.

It is often the case that scum are given safeclaims. And farside is an experienced girl. Name claiming is a bad idea.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Ok, so my thoughts so far: most of this game has been focused on finding out who the two heads of GH are. Treat the account as what it is named after: a creature with two heads that have separate minds sharing one body. All finding out the heads of the hydra are will accomplish is helping establish two metas that are more than likely being played against. They aren't going to reveal themselves, they have stated their reasons why, let it go. For continuing to ask for their identities, both Benmage and Starbuck have earned my wary eyes on them and their posts. Now, about what KageLord said: why be so interested in the characters put into the game? I can think of at least 10 different characters off the top of my head, but due to events in the show, not a single one of them can be confirmed town or scum just by us knowing their name. Let us find out what characters were included through lynches and deaths, not speculation. After looking at you in ISO, I see at least 2 things I really don't like about your posts: 1) the amount of WIFOM in your posts (noticeably the whole first paragraph of post 138) and 2) you saying we should hold off on the policy lynching until later. Late game policy lynches hurt town more than help it due to the fact that those lynches usually don't require a bunch of discussion, and usually happen quickly. The whole reason you policy lynch is to get rid of the players who are the most dead weight to town early so as to not distract from scumhunting later in the game. KageLord, you even give a prime example of why us knowing the names of the characters towards the end of the exact same post you advocate how it will help.
KageLord wrote:For example, knowing my character name would almost certainly tell you I'm on the town side (if you believe that I'm giving a real name) and what role power I might have, if any. Still, it's not like I expect to be handed that information or anything.
In games like this, you always take a name claim with a grain of salt due to the fact that the mod, if they have thought the balance through (and farside is a good enough, and experienced enough mod to do that), they will have put safeguards in place so name claiming will not break the game, such as fake claims and changing the alignments of characters around. Oh, by the way, that quote from you is also full of WIFOM. I feel confident enough to do this, so
HUNT: KageLord
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Yes, I realize my post is a wall o' text, but deal with it.
SONY MAFIA

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Benmage »

Oh god, find the enter key! :P
jmj3000 wrote:They aren't going to reveal themselves, they have stated their reasons why, let it go.
I don't believe they did :? ...
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Lol, I'd hope no one that gets to moderate a game would make name claiming a safe thing for mafia. Hm, unless they wanted the entire town to be paranoid.

Oh, cripes. Big games take forever to catch up on when you aren't able to check in frequently! work took a bit longer today and the new conference room doesn't allow wireless! Anyway, I have to take my housemate's cat to the vet (emergency) so I may not check in until eh...7am or 5pm! But sometime tomorrow for deeper interactions.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

GenericHydra wrote:Speaking for the other head: I would prefer not to say who we are. There is no real point to do so.
They state simply that they don't want to, as they see no point in it.
GenericHydra wrote:The other main reason is to experiment; I simply thought that it would be interesting to see how it plays out
Sounds like a newer player teamed up with an older player (partly evidenced in the next quote). For every good experiment, you have to remove the variables that can cloud the results. IN this "experiment", those variables are the identities of the two heads of the hydra.
GenericHydra wrote:
Benmage wrote:Obstinant players are anti-town and more often than not, scum. Pulling teeth for easy things is not something I enjoy...next I'll be struggling for rationale with a vote.....no, no, no lets string "th
em"
up now.
Why is not saying who we are anti-town? I do not think anyone has really answered this yet. If you want to pretend that this is just an alt you can do that.
If you are looking for meta stuff, this head barely even plays anymore.
The bolded not only partially validates what i said right before this quote, but also points out why knowing who is who in this hydra could prove useless: any meta you found on that particular head would more than likely be outdated and useless because they would have had time to study it and make changes.

Also, while I am at it, I will address the quote from you benmage that is included here, plus an earlier one.
Benmage wrote:
GenericHydra wrote:Speaking for the other head: I would prefer not to say who we are. There is no real point to do so.
There are reasons...I see no reason to be obstinate on such a minor issue.
Why, after one joint refusal from both heads, did you call them obstinate? I haven't seen you offer any good reasons for them to reveal their identities, I haven't seen you try to persuade them, and I haven't seen you offer a really strong argument for them revealing themselves. You sound like someone who got affronted when they didn't acquiesce to your request, so rather then try to persuade them, you attack them and try to build a case off of a simple no.
SONY MAFIA

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by KageLord »

Benmage wrote:
Kage
, quote your "joke" for me please.

It is often the case that scum are given safeclaims. And farside is an experienced girl. Name claiming is a bad idea.
You know, I'm more interested to find out which characters are here and what their role powers are. The quotes from the show so far have piqued my interest. ;)
If I could, I'd bold the smiley.

And I think "joke" was the wrong word for me to use since it was very partially serious. But I guess a joke can have a grain of seriousness to it. So... I'll stick with "joke", I suppose.

Now, can you explain what a "safeclaim" is? Is it just what jmj described (the idea that alignments could have been switched around to purposely confuse us in the case of name claim)? I considered that possible, but judging by my name fitting the alignment you would expect my character to have, I thought it more likely that that wasn't the case. And, notice I said it is an idea for later. Once we have about 5-7 dead characters whose names and alignments we know, we could make a more informed decision about it. It is still a fair point though that farside could have switched a couple important alignments while leaving some more minor characters alone, so you are right there.

I think I should clarify here as well that when I said "later" in reference to policy lynching, I didn't mean in the late game. Of course policy lynching anywhere near lylo would be ridiculous. By "later", I meant nearing the deadline (or lynch) of Day 1 or possibly Day 2 or 3. By this point we would at least have some time to see if those policy lynch candidates were actually good choices to be policy lynched. I suppose I should have clarified that during the original post.

Whatever, I suppose I've already messed this game up enough. It looks like the first day might be wasted with my mislynch anyway.
Show

Record:

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Unvote
Vote: Snow_Bunny

*facepalm*
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Safeclaims are sometimes given to scum so that if they need to claim they have one. It balances out massclaims and stuff sometimes.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Benmage »

jmj3000 wrote:
They state simply that they don't want to, as they see no point in it.
Okkk... and then I go on to say for meta reasons.
jmj3000 wrote:
GenericHydra wrote:The other main reason is to experiment; I simply thought that it would be interesting to see how it plays out
Sounds like a newer player teamed up with an older player (partly evidenced in the next quote). For every good experiment, you have to remove the variables that can cloud the results. IN this "experiment", those variables are the identities of the two heads of the hydra.
Sounds like an odd assumption. I've never hydra'd and I'm experienced...both players could be new, both could be experienced. I don't see how knowing their alternative heads will interrupt said experience...They said the hydra is to share the workload and to experiment the whole "two heads better than one" thing....they don't specify that knowing their identities would ruin this experiement. If I am mistaken than I'd like them to state so, rather than this 'assuming' stuff with you. Lets let GH answer for themself.
jmj3000 wrote:
GenericHydra wrote:
Benmage wrote:Obstinant players are anti-town and more often than not, scum. Pulling teeth for easy things is not something I enjoy...next I'll be struggling for rationale with a vote.....no, no, no lets string "th
em"
up now.
Why is not saying who we are anti-town? I do not think anyone has really answered this yet. If you want to pretend that this is just an alt you can do that.
If you are looking for meta stuff, this head barely even plays anymore.
The bolded not only partially validates what i said right before this quote, but also points out why knowing who is who in this hydra could prove useless: any meta you found on that particular head would more than likely be outdated and useless because they would have had time to study it and make changes.
If its erroneous all the more reason for them not to care to give it up.
jmj3000 wrote: Also, while I am at it, I will address the quote from you benmage that is included here, plus an earlier one.
Benmage wrote:
There are reasons...I see no reason to be obstinate on such a minor issue.
Why, after one joint refusal from both heads, did you call them obstinate? I haven't seen you offer any good reasons for them to reveal their identities, I haven't seen you try to persuade them, and I haven't seen you offer a really strong argument for them revealing themselves. You sound like someone who got affronted when they didn't acquiesce to your request, so rather then try to persuade them, you attack them and try to build a case off of a simple no.
I asked for a simple request, and was astonished when it got turned down because I saw no reason, and have yet to be given a reason why to hide their identities...I've said meta as one reason to share their identities. I attacked their difficult behavior because it was bewildering and I wanted to crush precedents of being difficult when asked simple requests...so?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I'd be inclined to guess that Farside would've either a) provided safe/fakeclaims and/or b) switched around roles (HP mafia anyone?) and/or c) inserted unusual roles to throw us off.

--

If a hydra cares to remain anon. let them, 'nuff said.

--

^@MS: Hunt?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”