Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful (Game Over)

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Netopalis »

No, no, I mean that if Robocopter is town. Sorry, I must have misunderstood you.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I think that the ability was planned. I think that the scumteam were going to cut off discussion on Day One with it when someone got to L-1. Because sometimes those quick wagons form and they thought they could kill with it. Which is pretty smart, had my ability not countered the whole purpose of it.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:38 am

Post by millar13 »

that Day action has shaken things up so much lol
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Netopalis »

Kind of the point of a day action like that. We should probably be extremely careful about our votes.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:41 am

Post by millar13 »

yea lol....make me think. If Robo does have the ability to increase someone vote threshhold then could an opposite role lower someone's threshold
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I think not. Because then why put the Zerg Rush in?

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

The Zerg Rush was made to balance my ability and to try and get scum a quicklynch.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Netopalis »

Question, Mod: Is the Zerg Rush effect permanent or for the day only?

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 am

Post by millar13 »

You can't know that for sure; you cant be certain that is the counter
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Netopalis »

Of course not. What's your point?

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I don't think its something that happens from the mod, it happened on post 134 and at some random time, I think it was planned for my lynch.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

On the Zerg rush issue Robocopter when from two votes to five in a matter of approximately 6.5 hours.

Neto votes at 11:22am.
Fur votes at 5:04 pm.
Millar votes at 6:09pm.

The working assumption is that the Zerg rush was a Day ability enacted by the Mafia. Given that it would have ended Day 1 with a lynch on Page 6 I’m inclined to agree. I don’t see any Pro-Town motivation for doing so. Unless the player who initiated the Zerg rush also has a Day-Cop ability there is not reason to assume Town would have credible information that Robo is scum.

Of these votes Fur and Millar’s strike me as by far the most suspicious.
Fur wrote:this game is getting on my nerves
i attribute it to robocopter, who always manages to get on my nerves
i am wanting a more fun game
##vote robocopter87
Your previous post said “oh no not robo” with a winky smile. Hardly the response of someone who really is likely to be irritated. This post thus looks like an OMGUS-lite to Robo’s criticism at 51 and 53.
millar wrote:Just caught up Vote: Robo

semes quite scummy from what i have gathered
Millar responds to the prod at 6:02pm stating he never got a Role PM. He retracts this at 6:04pm. His only previous post was his “confirm vodka bitches” post on Page 1.

He then says he has caught up with the entirety of the game in 5 minutes, but 6:09pm. I don’t by for a minute he read the thread, even with the general lack of content, in that time frame. This vote is clearly a bandwagon jump on Robo, as he was the easiest target.

So either scum was opportunistic with it’s use of the Zerg rush or it had some inside help. I’m leaning to Option B.
Robo wrote:Everyone now has one less vote to stay alive. I have the normal amount.
Aside from the grammatical issues this post confirms Robo is Town in my mind, since he screwed up the mechanics as clearly indicated in 134.
I see no scum motivation in playing dumb that the lynch threshold dropped two and not one.
Kdub wrote:I think we need to be careful in future days and not vote until we are ready to lynch. Use FoS instead or something. If it turns out that robo is scum, I think millar could be his buddy since he immediately claimed that robo was confirmed town after that.
UNVOTE:
1. I agree that FOSing might be the wise way to go ala Square Enix Mafia.
2 Why did you unvote millar when you still find him suspicious?
bv310 wrote:Oh, I'm still more than willing to hammer, especially now that Robo has claimed. I just wanted to hear a claim first.
What about hearing the claim in itself is useful to you if you will hammer regardless of what the claim is? That’s not a Pro-Town thought process.

@Neto – Given your self-professed logical approach to the game how do you explain what appears to be gut-based reactions at 160 and 164and
166 ?

These seem very out of character and illogical. You had 16 minutes to carefully process your thoughts between 160 and 166. Why did you only ‘gather your thoughts’ at 169? And it only took you two minutes to process and come to your conclusion at 171.
millar wrote:Honesty i dislike him totally, in the way he plays and his general attitude. And if he is off the scene, then I am actually able to play the game and search for mafiascum instead of human scum
So you are basing your vote on dislike of his playstyle, not specific actions you think are scummy. I’m not sure what “off the scene“ means but I’m assuming you are supporting him for a policy lynch.
millar wrote: 1) You are putting a target over you head
2) You are trying to use it as leverage not to get lynched (but ultimatley mafia will normally NK u unless you are fellow scum)
3) If you mention roles, but then say you will only reveal say at L-1 rather than L-2...then that is just scummy.
1. As the prospective lynch at that point he already has a target. What is your point?
2. Why shouldn’t a Town player attempt to use any leverage he has to derail his lynch (assuming for the sake of discussion ONLY that Robo is Town) ?
3. L-1 is the standard place to claim in small games. It’s not scummy to refuse to reveal your role if you are not in imminent danger of being lynched.
millar wrote:I'm not replacing out of a game, because someone has a vendetta on me and I'm stepping up to the mark.
Plus the fact that from a quick skim...he seems most scummy seems to be apparent. Its quite clear im not the only one that thinks this after only six pages
The first sentence makes zero sense. Who has a vendetta against you? I don’t see one evident.

Good of you to confirm that you did a quick skim of the thread. It confirms my thoughts that you were just looking for an opportune target. And your Appeal to the Majority in the last sentence is noted.
millar wrote:i still don't believe its a passive thing, but rather a selfish-self election thing.
Regardless of whether it is passive or active why is preventing your lynch (and thus playing to your win condition) inherently scummy?
millar wrote:However, someone did think they were going to kill you off though. Which means scum definitely fear you; which means despite everything i said earlier your 100% town.
And the quick back-track when you realize the most logical conclusion is that the Zerg rush was a quicklynch attempt in all likelihood scum driven. Scummy.
millar wrote:That is the exact point i made lol; i think we can confirm Robo as town.
Unless of course a fellow mafia member knew he would survive; in the ultimate cover-up
[/quote]

I don’t see it as a logical Mafia move to use what appears to be a limited use Day-Power which could easily secure a mis-lynch to instead ‘clear’ Robo. Especially when his claim is likely able to be tested in multiple way in the coming days. And also given that someone dropping a 6th vote for Robo spells his doom. It would be a very risky gambit for little gain, IMO.

I don’t see much of anything in your posts that I would categorize as Pro-Town.

UNVOTE: Fur
VOTE: millar13
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:23 am

Post by millar13 »

I think someone doesn't neccersarily have to have voted; to instigate it.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Netopalis wrote:
Question, Mod: Is the Zerg Rush effect permanent or for the day only?
When was the last time you experienced a Zerg Rush (kekeke!) on your base? The effects of such a rush could either be crippling and permanent to your base, or could conversely be completely reversible if you have a large enough defense force.

To answer your question: Time will tell.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Netopalis »

MoI, are you
really
attacking me over the length of time involved in my thought processes? I thought I'd seen every flimsy argument in the book, but this is a new one on me. My questions were not gut based, they were very logical, as I was pointing out logical inconsistencies in Robo's claim as I originally thought about it. Admittedly, I got a bit overexcited.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Neto wrote:MoI, are you really attacking me over the length of time involved in my thought processes? I thought I'd seen every flimsy argument in the book, but this is a new one on me. My questions were not gut based, they were very logical, as I was pointing out logical inconsistencies in Robo's claim as I originally thought about it. Admittedly, I got a bit overexcited.
Attacking someone who questioned you noted.

You responded over a 16 minute period with three posts when you were “overexcited”. Yet it only took you 2 minutes to gather your thoughts and come to the logical conclusion you drew, which I believe is correct. I’m flat out saying that your play in that period directly contradicts your presented style as someone who plays a logical and methodical game. You had plenty of time during the first period to logically and rationally assess what was presented.

Are you claiming that you read the Zerg attack and subsequent posts (including role-claim) and reacted in an over-excited manner as opposed to rationally drawing conclusions?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Netopalis »

I think that my conclusions were rational at the time, because I had originally believed (incorrectly) that Robo was the source of the Zerg Rush and not Player X. However, once I thought about it, Robo getting to L-1 couldn't be the trigger for the rush because that would be a useless Mafia ability. Thus, I had to assume that it was another player causing the action, probably through day targeting. But, no, I didn't initially get that far.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Netopalis »

Shotty to the Body wrote:Scum fear death and lynches far more than town do. Fail argument. Not to mention town controls the lynch, not scum. Oh and scum have PRs too.

I'm going to go ahead and jump on this. To me, this looks like Shotty trying to throw fuel on Robo's fire in order to get him closer to that lynch so that he can use the ability. I think that may be our best lead right now, although Furcolow isn't far behind.

Vote: Shotty to the Body

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Netopalis wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Scum fear death and lynches far more than town do. Fail argument. Not to mention town controls the lynch, not scum. Oh and scum have PRs too.

I'm going to go ahead and jump on this. To me, this looks like Shotty trying to throw fuel on Robo's fire in order to get him closer to that lynch so that he can use the ability. I think that may be our best lead right now, although Furcolow isn't far behind.

Vote: Shotty to the Body
I haven't reread yet to find this dayaction, but how is voting someone for terrible arguments scummy? What a joke. Of course I was trying to get votes on him when he's behaving like a scum-bag. You had to go back REALLY far to find someone to throw this terrible argument against too, what was that page 3 or 4 or something?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:46 am

Post by millar13 »

Vote: STTB

WAY TO GO ACTIVE LURKER SCUM!

you have nothing to say during the entire period of this Zerg Attack, but as soon as someone votes for you you post within an hour.
SCUM
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

This is even more hilarious after rereading and seeing you voted him right after me. Not to mention your original reaction to Robo claiming Chun-Li and then your sudden backtrack on that when the others disagreed. And all this cheap distancing with Iec about whether scum could plan something like that or not. Holy shit Neto your play is the dogs this game.

unvote vote Neto

@millar: rofl kid, check all the other games I'm in/modding for the last day or two and find the posts to prove my 'active lurking.'
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:52 am

Post by millar13 »

i dont do other games....because i play each 1 differently. All i know is you had nothing to say; until someone VOTED for you. Denying that?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Netopalis »

OMGUS much?

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:04 am

Post by millar13 »

Neto it was a completly OMGUS...and i no you noticed that he has SUDDENLY appeared after you voted him.
HIGH FIVE on a lurker trap
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Netopalis »

You're an odd one.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”