New York 115: Wickedestjr's Large Mafia (Game Over)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

vezokpiraka wrote:@mafuyu : DO you look good in RL ?

Anyway If realy BM killed EGL I really want to see his role. It bugs me the wrong way to have a vanilla vig. That means...dum...dum...dum... bastard moddery.
I didnt ACTUALLY kill EGL. I just submitted a kill for a laugh at night, because everyone had come to the conclusion i was a Vig. The kill i submitted was EGL. As i say, the Mod may or may not choose to confirm. :P

A few more items before we go to night:

A. Are you REALLY going to let Guy0 get away with a completely unexplained vote after providing hardly anything to today's proceedings?

B. You have 3 claimed power roles, and apparently, no co-ordination for night actions at all. Wha??

C. It's good to see ya Tubby. Shame you didnt show up a bit earlier really! Lol :P
After i'm dead, you would do well to listen to him. He's a very good player, and likely to be town here, to boot!

Best of luck!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 47:

Battle Mage – (10) – Vezokpiraka, Adrien C, q21, DemonHybrid, kunkstar7, CJMiller, foilist13, silverbullet999, guy0, DavidParker
DemonHybrid – (2) – BlazezRb, RichardGHP
Vezokpiraka - (2) - Toon Fighter, Mitsuru Kirijo
q21 – (1) – Battle Mage
Toon Fighter - (1) – Chevre
kunkstar7 – (1) – Karma
Asaclardy – (1) - Sucrose
Not Voting – (3) – Mafuyu, Asaclardy, tubby216

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

2 votecounts in 2 pages? bloodthirsty or what? *sigh*
Show

Nightkilled - 10

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:50 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

To be fair, the JK should not have claimed. And ive got no idea what our resident Watcher is doing. lol

Why shouldn't the JK have claimed? He might have seen your bluff, been feeling you were scum and saw the lie as "proof". I'd completely agree that the watcher claim was a bit on the out of nowhere side and shouldn't have been done lol.
... People were right it seems....
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

silverbullet999 wrote:To be fair, the JK should not have claimed. And ive got no idea what our resident Watcher is doing. lol

Why shouldn't the JK have claimed? He might have seen your bluff, been feeling you were scum and saw the lie as "proof". I'd completely agree that the watcher claim was a bit on the out of nowhere side and shouldn't have been done lol.
He was under no pressure, so no reason to claim the result today. I imagine, aside from this claims fiasco, i wouldnt have lived to Day 4, which is early days in a game like this. If i survived past that point, i'd have been policy lynched anyway, as is custom because i rarely survive into late stages of the game as town.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Battle Mage wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote: A policy lynch is just that....a policy lynch.
Back to school: Policy lynches only work when the policy is certainly a good one. Lynching liars is a poor policy, because there are many cases where townies lie.

Your bs does tire me. If you're town, i'm putting you on the same pedestal as me in terms of stupid anti-town behaviour.

1. EGL's post was NOT accidental, so do NOT give me that crap. He made the post to interfere with the game. Further, none of us have even had time to look at the post itself, because the game is moving too quickly.

2. Login habits are a perfectly acceptable way to get information. You will note that i wasnt completely sold on Demon-scum as a result, but you cant simply ignore something like that. Note: Chevre was also a major culprit.

3. Shifting bandwagons is not intrinsically anti-town. And it gives us more information to work with.

4. Q21's apparent attempt to distract the Mod from taking action against EGL, was scummy. If you can't get your head around it, maybe you shouldn't just leave the page open at your comp- maybe you should be reading the game?

5. My deduction skills are immense. I just lack confidence. ;)

6. The avatar thing was at the very beginning of the game, and i was messing around. Chillax! lol
Demon wrote: If not a question of whether he's 100% scum or not in my eyes (which he very well may be), it's a question of whether he's a big enough detriment to town that he deserves to die either way. I believe the latter.
So really, you're voting me because im rrrrrrruuuubbish? Cheers sir.

BM
1. How do you know? That's all I'm going to say on the matter. It's an empty accusation and you're hurting town by focusing on that one little statement and trying to build a case on it. It shouldn't even exist, and by calling attention on it, it's a HUGE detriment to town where we should be focusing on actual post content instead of...well, that.
2. But it's not a true sign of scumminess. There are literally a million reasons why a person would still be logged in or not. I simply got rid of it by switching a setting in my account settings...if I'm never seen as logged in, is that scummy too? So everyone who has that set is scummy if so? It's a stupid way to get information. Absolute trash.
3. I never said it was...I said that the way you're doing it is anti-town.
4. Again, you have NO CLUE that's the case. It's a huge assumption and it will get more town killed that way if you focus and call attention to a mistake post like EGL's and q21's request for a votecount after. It's a simple -votecount request-. It has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING in this game. Look at how much WIFOM you're using. ALL of the WIFOM that you're using is 100% anti-town.
5. Okay. :|
6. Joking around in a game of Mafia is the perfect way to get yourself misunderstood. Just saying.

And yes. I want you dead because you're playing badly, scum or not. It caused 3 people to claim already and people are confused. That is STRICTLY anti-town.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Asaclardy
Asaclardy
Townie
Asaclardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Asaclardy »

Just a thought... If BM is town, I have a strong feeling DH is scum. Their intense rivalry at this point tells me that they're not on the same team. Unless it's all just a show. Wow. This entire day has been one big WIFOM!

If BM is scum, though, I will have to reconsider...
Yeah... I lynch Townspeople... I am just that good... XD
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Asaclardy wrote:Just a thought... If BM is town, I have a strong feeling DH is scum. Their intense rivalry at this point tells me that they're not on the same team. Unless it's all just a show. Wow. This entire day has been one big WIFOM!

If BM is scum, though, I will have to reconsider...
Missed the point completely.

I want him dead because he is 100% anti-town, scum or not. How is that an indication of Town vs. Scum?

You want this one.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote: A policy lynch is just that....a policy lynch.
Back to school: Policy lynches only work when the policy is certainly a good one. Lynching liars is a poor policy, because there are many cases where townies lie.

Your bs does tire me. If you're town, i'm putting you on the same pedestal as me in terms of stupid anti-town behaviour.

1. EGL's post was NOT accidental, so do NOT give me that crap. He made the post to interfere with the game. Further, none of us have even had time to look at the post itself, because the game is moving too quickly.

2. Login habits are a perfectly acceptable way to get information. You will note that i wasnt completely sold on Demon-scum as a result, but you cant simply ignore something like that. Note: Chevre was also a major culprit.

3. Shifting bandwagons is not intrinsically anti-town. And it gives us more information to work with.

4. Q21's apparent attempt to distract the Mod from taking action against EGL, was scummy. If you can't get your head around it, maybe you shouldn't just leave the page open at your comp- maybe you should be reading the game?

5. My deduction skills are immense. I just lack confidence. ;)

6. The avatar thing was at the very beginning of the game, and i was messing around. Chillax! lol
Demon wrote: If not a question of whether he's 100% scum or not in my eyes (which he very well may be), it's a question of whether he's a big enough detriment to town that he deserves to die either way. I believe the latter.
So really, you're voting me because im rrrrrrruuuubbish? Cheers sir.

BM
1. How do you know? That's all I'm going to say on the matter. It's an empty accusation and you're hurting town by focusing on that one little statement and trying to build a case on it. It shouldn't even exist, and by calling attention on it, it's a HUGE detriment to town where we should be focusing on actual post content instead of...well, that.
1. ENGAGE. YOUR. BRAIN. BEFORE. YOU. COMMENT.

In EGL's post, he references a situation relevant to this game, commenting specifically on 2 players in this game. I did my research. Those players do not share another game with EGL. Therefore he did not accidentally post in this thread, something belonging in another game.

This really does sum you up, doesnt it? You are happy to palm anyone off with an easy answer, but you never dare to look beyond the surface. :roll:

My qualm with EGL is two-fold. Firstly, had i had time to focus on it, we would have had to address it, and it should certainly impact upon your scumhunting tomorrow. As a player, i want EGL's mafia team punished. That isnt anti-town. As a person, who has modded games in the past, and hopes to play and mod again in the future, i want the rules to be upheld because if they arent, it doesnt bode well for the future.

But, no. You go ahead and claim that everything i say and do is to the detriment of the town. Because you're getting away with it so far. :P
Demonhybrid wrote: 2. But it's not a true sign of scumminess. There are literally a million reasons why a person would still be logged in or not. I simply got rid of it by switching a setting in my account settings...if I'm never seen as logged in, is that scummy too? So everyone who has that set is scummy if so? It's a stupid way to get information. Absolute trash.
2. It's lurking. Whether or not that is scummy, your reaction to it, certainly was. Like i said, it was your mistake. If you didnt feel it was a scumtell, why would you change it? My point is proven.
Demonhybrid wrote: 3. I never said it was...I said that the way you're doing it is anti-town.
3. I disagree. Substantiate this.
DemonHybrid wrote: 4. Again, you have NO CLUE that's the case. It's a huge assumption and it will get more town killed that way if you focus and call attention to a mistake post like EGL's and q21's request for a votecount after. It's a simple -votecount request-. It has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING in this game. Look at how much WIFOM you're using. ALL of the WIFOM that you're using is 100% anti-town.
4. It's the logical thing to assume. Read my post on it earlier again. The Mod had already said he was doing a votecount. You think Q21 has reading difficulties? lol
DemonHybrid wrote: 5. Okay. :|
5. Lmao!
DemonHybrid wrote: 6. Joking around in a game of Mafia is the perfect way to get yourself misunderstood. Just saying.
6. You're probably right. But its a game, and we're here to have fun. Not to have some dick telling us everything we do is bad... Just saying.

[quote="DemonHybrid
And yes. I want you dead because you're playing badly, scum or not. It caused 3 people to claim already and people are confused. That is STRICTLY anti-town.[/quote]

On balance yes. And i agree, i probably should die today. But i'm leaving that to you guys, because as it stands, im not convinced a majority of the town think i am scum. And i'm a little concerned about how the town is gonna cope tomorrow, when no plans have been sorted out today with the power roles. Aside from the claim, i think i've played fine. The fact for about 40 pages, almost everyone was convinced i was town, is a welcome change.

The issues you in particular have to consider is- do you really think i could be scum? and, more importantly, if i DO flip town, what impact will this conversation have upon your life-span? I think you're seeing the consequences of this already.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:02 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

BM, there are several plausible reasons why EGL may have posted here. So it is impossible to determine one specific reason why, therefore it is impossible to attribute malicious intent to EGL's posting. Perhaps he forgot he was dead and wanted to make sure he wasn't prodded. Perhaps he actually intended to break the rules, we don't know. Has EGL's posts impacted the course of the game? To myself I see little that can be perceived from that post either way, so his one line was harmless.

Lurking is faction independent BM, and your idea that DH is scummy from that is bad. Was DH in some form dodging questions directed to him or avoiding some controversial situation? I don't recall so, so you can't attribute scumminess to a external factor like that.

In any case...BM had no reason to claim cop when he did. He definitely wasn't expecting to be counterclaimed (which was the correct move on Q21's part as it is 1:1 trade which is way worse for scum). But his backtrack from it and recent posts seem more like town, but I cringe at the thought of leaving WIFOM like him around to be a distraction for scum to use later on if he is town.
Welcome to the Network.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:04 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

1. It's all well and good if you want to take something like that to mith, but -do not- use it in this game to make things worse. It's bad form to use information that shouldn't exist in the first place, whether or not it was an accident or not. Maybe he thought this was a completely different game. Maybe he's in like 5 different games and he got momentarily confused. Whatever the case is, take it to PMs and stop using it as "information".
2. ...point completely missed. Basically, how do you know that their computer isn't just sitting there with them being someplace else? I can't believe you don't see my point on this matter. My reaction on you using it as "information" was "wow, this is completely absurd and he really doesn't seem like he knows what he's talking about".
3. What do you mean substantiate it? You twisted my words around. I never said that you shifting bandwagons was anti-town, it was the way I did it. YOU substantiate it by finding something that I said that points to that. Brainwashing and changing wagons, by the way, are two completely different things.
4. No, it's out of left-field and useless to the town. It's anti-town because it takes discussion away from something that COULD be useful to us to focus on something stupid like the 1% chance that q21's votecount request has something to do with EGL posting.

6. Well then, don't be flustered when I take something that you say as seriousness when you include it in a wall post.

Whatever else: Yeah, I really think you could be scum, more specifically the faction that EGL isn't on. And it would probably shorten it if you're town, but at least you aren't here to out power roles and cause the town's demise, and I think I did my job if that's the case.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:06 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: point 2: It was the way you did it.

You want this one.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

BM's lynch is inevitable, it seems. So who's gonna step up and lead the town if he's lynched?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:12 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:BM's lynch is inevitable, it seems. So who's gonna step up and lead the town if he's lynched?
There shouldn't be a "leader". That kind of thinking makes it so easy for town to be mislead.

You want this one.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:26 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok i can not stand by and allow the waters to continue to get murky agian.

to BM when you find another game to sign up for holla at yer boy and i'll join ya.

until then happy trails my friend you are just to damn distracting even though i am all but sure you are town here.

vote Battle mage
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

tubby216 wrote:ok i can not stand by and allow the waters to continue to get murky agian.

to BM when you find another game to sign up for holla at yer boy and i'll join ya.

until then happy trails my friend you are just to damn distracting even though i am all but sure you are town here.

vote Battle mage
Then I guess we'll see what his flip brings.

Cya in a few days.

You want this one.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

kunkstar7 wrote:BM, there are several plausible reasons why EGL may have posted here. So it is impossible to determine one specific reason why, therefore it is impossible to attribute malicious intent to EGL's posting. Perhaps he forgot he was dead and wanted to make sure he wasn't prodded.
He forgot he was dead after making a "bah" post? Yeah, right.

Where are these other plausible reasons? I call BS.
Kunkstar wrote: Lurking is faction independent BM, and your idea that DH is scummy from that is bad. Was DH in some form dodging questions directed to him or avoiding some controversial situation? I don't recall so, so you can't attribute scumminess to a external factor like that.
His activity increased when accused of lurking. I find that scummy. Further, he has admitted that he changed his status to hidden, so he isnt called out on this again, acknowledging that i was right that it could land him in hot water. Further still, i found his reaction scummy. But my problem with him started as vibe anyway, and so it continued.
Active-lurking is obviously a scumtell btw. Time to update the wiki? :P
Kunkstar wrote: In any case...BM had no reason to claim cop when he did. He definitely wasn't expecting to be counterclaimed (which was the correct move on Q21's part as it is 1:1 trade which is way worse for scum).
Agreed that i shouldnt have claimed Cop. Ironic given we probably dont have a Cop, that i made a perfect fakeclaim and STILL got done over. lol

I dont think countering was the correct play for Q21. Not that i'd expect him to assume i was town, but as we saw with Blaze, it's not always best to jump on a potential scumbag-rather see what else can be discovered. I think he could have given me a day and then blocked me again at night.

I'll repeat, dont assume Q21 is confirmed town. That'd be a sucky way for town to lose. lol
Kunkstar wrote: But his backtrack from it and recent posts seem more like town, but I cringe at the thought of leaving WIFOM like him around to be a distraction for scum to use later on if he is town.
Thats the problem. We're at a point where i am almost obvtown, from the way my wagon has behaved. But i wont be NKed now, so will have to be lynched at some point anyway. I guess the best i can hope for is another day?

Also, you guys STILL havent sorted out the power roles. *shakes head*

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

tubby216 wrote:ok i can not stand by and allow the waters to continue to get murky agian.

vote Battle mage
Ok bro, no hard feelings.

Best of luck town! lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:30 am

Post by CJMiller »

Battle Mage wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:6. Joking around in a game of Mafia is the perfect way to get yourself misunderstood. Just saying.
6. You're probably right. But its a game, and we're here to have fun. Not to have some dick telling us everything we do is bad... Just saying.
Mafia is not a game. It is a way of life -- nay, it
is
life.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Was that the hammer?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:32 am

Post by DavidParker »

and as i was reading what i hadn't read i was getting ready to unvote. bm seems obvious town, and i dont believe in policy lynches. buts it's too late I guess.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:33 am

Post by DavidParker »

Unvote:BM

If it wasn't.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DemonHybrid wrote:1. It's all well and good if you want to take something like that to mith, but -do not- use it in this game to make things worse. It's bad form to use information that shouldn't exist in the first place, whether or not it was an accident or not. Maybe he thought this was a completely different game. Maybe he's in like 5 different games and he got momentarily confused. Whatever the case is, take it to PMs and stop using it as "information".
We had this convo before. Use any info you can get.

Just because you have no respect for the rules, isn't going to deter me.
DemonHybrid wrote: 2. ...point completely missed. Basically, how do you know that their computer isn't just sitting there with them being someplace else?
Thats not how the activity register works. It only picks you up if you changed pages in the last 15 minutes or something.
The reason i'm not agreeing with you is because my argument is backed up by fact, whilst yours is again completely without any kind of research.
DemonHybrid wrote: 3. What do you mean substantiate it? You twisted my words around. I never said that you shifting bandwagons was anti-town, it was the way I did it. YOU substantiate it by finding something that I said that points to that. Brainwashing and changing wagons, by the way, are two completely different things.
Lol grow up. :D
Explain how the way i changed bandwagons is bad for the town? I think it provided tons of information. I havent brainwashed anybody.
DemonHybrid wrote: 4. No, it's out of left-field and useless to the town. It's anti-town because it takes discussion away from something that COULD be useful to us to focus on something stupid like the 1% chance that q21's votecount request has something to do with EGL posting.
I'm being criticised for taking discussion time away by the resident lurker? Nice. You're on the wrong page bud.
DemonHybrid wrote: Whatever else: Yeah, I really think you could be scum, more specifically the faction that EGL isn't on. And it would probably shorten it if you're town, but at least you aren't here to out power roles and cause the town's demise, and I think I did my job if that's the case.
Charming. Well i'd love to say it's been a pleasure, but i'd only get done over again under bloody Lynch all Liars. haha :D

Nah seriously, to the majority of you, thanks for the game, it's been fun. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DavidParker wrote:
Unvote:BM

If it wasn't.
man, could you possibly be any more scummy?? lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

It was. I just checked. he was at L-1. I didn't want him lynched, but this should make a fantastic information lynch.

See ya BM. Hope my noobishness wasn't too much of a turn off.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”