Newbie 976 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Well alright David...

VOTE: 0x1de
Warning: Opinions are included, keep out of reach from small children.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Friend »

Was that the hammer?

If it was (and it was by my counts), shame on you. We should have gotten a claim first, more talking. What if he flips doc?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:41 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Oh dear, razorstar, I should ask you the same thing, do you want me to think you are scum??

Gandalf wagon: You unvote at L-1 claiming that you don't want him at L-1..
Ox1de wagon: You hammer without a claim or any reason for your vote (Regardless of his flip, this appears scummy, even if he is scum, you have definitely not won town-points for hammering without a claim). Why did you quick-hammer here and freak out before on the gandalf wagon???

*Prepares for an "oh i didn't realise it was at L-1 excuse"*
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by RazorStar »

You should think what you want. I think we need information, and this is the best way to get it. So I'll take the risk here to drag the scum out later. In any case, I'm prepared to stick my neck out right now. If it does turn out he is scum we have a bit to go on, potential scum buddies, we can see whether ST's cop claim is true or not, and if gandalf is really a target to worry about. If he isn't it opens up another can of worms, but can ultimately bring us closer to the truth. At this point right now, it doesn't harm town to be aggressive here, at least that's what I think. Please tell me why you think it's a bad idea.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by DavidParker »

We need information. Yes, I agree.

Information comes in the form of a claim. Not as a hammer. Claim first. Hammer second. (assuming we still want to hammer)

Risk??? What need is there for risk? All we have to do is wait for a claim, so it's a risk-free decision (ie: we aren't lynching the doctor). This isn't risk-taking, this is just not thinking.

ITS A BAD IDEA BECAUSE IT DOESNT HURT (ONLY HELPS) TO GET A CLAIM FROM HIM FIRST.

/end rant
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Post by DavidParker »

anyways if ox1de flips town, doctor plz protect me, as that makes it very likely ST is scum.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:05 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 2.6

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

0x1de: 5: theperson (13), Framm 18 (15), DavidParker (19), Friend (20), RazorStar (21)
gandalf5166: 2: startransmission (11), 0x1de (17)
Framm 18: 1: DavidParker (16)

Not voting: gandalf5166

With 8 players alive it takes 5 to lynch. 0x1de is lynched.

0x1de, Vanilla Townie,
is lynched Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Deadline for submitting night actions is 9:00 AM EDT/6:00 AM PDT on Tuesday, July 20th. Deadline Countdown.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Zorblag »

Night Two has now ended.

Friend, Doctor,
was killed Night Two.

Day Three starts.

Vote Count 3.0

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Not voting: DavidParker, Framm 18, gandalf5166, RazorStar, startransmission, theperson

With 6 players alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 11:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, August 3rd. Deadline Countdown.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:05 am

Post by DavidParker »

Unfortunately he couldn't protect himself it seems...

So, what did your magic-8 ball tell you ST?

That you are indeed scum?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:05 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh, just a reminder, this is MYLO (mislynch > LOSE) so don't throw around votes...
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:50 am

Post by RazorStar »

Yes I'm interested to hear what ST has to say. If he is the cop, he should have some news for us.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Framm 18 »

Well that hurts on both the lynch and the night.

Now that I can type, I will be echoing the other people, why did you do that RazorStar??? We still had time to get more information and could have used that time to get more information that would not only have been useful during the last lynch, but this lynch as well. I will cast a vote later, right now I want to look back over the rest of the game, but I have to say that hammering that quickly was really suspicious.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 am

Post by RazorStar »

I thought it was a good idea... I realize now that I wasn't thinking all that clearly, and well I think I just boned us.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:37 am

Post by DavidParker »

RazorStar wrote:I thought it was a good idea... I realize now that I wasn't thinking all that clearly, and well I think I just boned us.
AtE is your course of action to survive today huh?
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:54 am

Post by RazorStar »

Whatever works, me dying means us losing.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 am

Post by DavidParker »

Hint: that means stop, don't continue to AtE.
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:04 am

Post by theperson »

I agree, we had plenty of time. We got lucky that 0x1de was not doctor, that really would have hurt for him to not be able to claim. But then, there's the NK. We all were fairly sure that Friend was town. Now, we lost a player that was usually considered town, and with that we lost our doctor, AND we lost precious time at the end of day 2.

Now, it's mylo because we have no doctor to possibly save us. As DP said, be really careful. 4 votes on a townie and it's all over.

Also, I do not think a no lynch is a good idea because DP would almost certainly be NKed. All that would happen is we lose a confirmed townie's opinions and thoughts.

RazorStar...At first I was getting a much townier read on you than I was on koch. After this hammer...It just doesn't seem like a noob move. It seems more like scum eager to get the day over with.

FoS RazorStar
(as if it wasn't obvious enough)
I'm not willing to vote so early in mylo though.

Oh yeah, and try not to appeal to emotions (or fear, as I learned in my first game. Right gandalf? :P ).
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:31 am

Post by RazorStar »

Oh sorry, I thought ATE meant appeal to ego.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by DavidParker »

And now you're just apologizing.. When you should have moved on and started scum-hunting.. oh dear.

This is why I'm not happy with ST still being alive:

He has claimed cop, and if he is scum, he knows scum was/is a safe claim. It would also be great to know who Friend protected on night 1 (confirmed town), so I'll go re-read his posts to see who has avoided his scum lists (strangely, ST is there on remembering). I have a feeling that maybe Friend posted a strong town read on someone who he protected and got killed for it, revealing he was the doctor. Because, I honestly thought i was going to die, as it was "possible" that Friend was scum, whereas, I'm almost confirmed town (except in the extreme scenario where I'm scum with ST).
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by theperson »

DavidParker, I'm pretty sure the person you're looking for is framm18.
Friend wrote:Framm18 is town (gut feeling)
Friend wrote:@ST: Framm 18 is town because that's the overwhelming feeling I get from him. If he was scum, I would be ridiculously surprised.
Friend wrote:Yeah, it's mostly gut.
Just the fact that he didn't have any posts to back it up but he got an "overwhelming feeling" makes me think that this is so. He knew someone was town for sure. His town reads were: framm, ST (if claim is believed), himself, me, and DP. It's probably not DP (because I doubt mafia would NK him N1), and probably not me (he was just leaning town on me). It's probably not ST because he said it was 50/50, and himself...That's self explanatory. Of course it could be gandalf, and then Friend didn't want to put him on town because he didn't want to look suspicious. Then again he was trying to get gandalf lynched...Which I why I think it's framm18.

DP, did you find the same thing from looking back?
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Framm 18 »

RazorStar wrote:Oh damn, he's at L-1 now... wow yeah sorry.

UNVOTE:
After realizing that his vote for Gandalf puts him at L-1, he unvotes. No problem with that as I can understand not wanting to have scum come behind you and quick lynch a goodie. Don't think that would have happened, since I think that Gandalf is one of the two scum, but never the less I can understand this, but about 3 hours later...
RazorStar wrote:Well alright David...

VOTE: 0x1de
He cast the lynching vote for 0x1de, this is what I have a problem with. If you weren't willing to quick lynch Gandalf who I think that everybody has as a leading Scum candidate, then why were you willing to lynch a person that while people were suspicious of, was not one of the major scum reads. I may be stuck on this, but it is just something that is screaming scummy to me.

VOTE: RazorStar
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Yeah, I agree on Framm.

Right now a Gandalf/RazorStar scum-team seems quite possible. Although i am still suspicious about both theperson and ST. The cop claim was just done at an inopportune time, and has made him useless as a cop. If he was at L-1 claiming cop would have been different, because he's forced into a claim, but claiming before he's near-lynch... Just makes himself useless...

Gandalf is mostly scummy because of RazorStar. (See above post)

@TOWN
:
Luckily this is mylo, not lylo, so we can be a little more care-free with votes, but know that a mislynch means we lose. Putting someone on 2 votes who is not scum, and no scum on the bandwagon basically means we will lose, because both scum can put the hammer on. However, that's less likely in mylo. And, I know it's redundant, but I'm not ready to throw around my vote, so
FoS:RazorStar AND ST
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Alright, it's time to get rid of the head of this operation. There can only be one, so I need some more time to feel this out.

Vote: StarTran

There's still 2 mafia left, and the way I see it, Gandalf is unlikely to be the brains of the operation, so that leaves ST and DP as the most likely to be scumbuddies. Of course, ST and DP could be working together and Gandy could be innocent, but I feel like that is unlikely with the way DP is knocking ST.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:40 am

Post by theperson »

Wow I just hit f5...Although my lost post was only the length of this post. (And very similiar)

RazorStar, DP and gandalf cannot both be scum because if DP is scum, ST must be. If you don't understand I'll explain it but it's been explained before. Also, you're not including me in your possible scumbuddy thing (or you're just thinking that I wouldn't be a "head of the operation"). Do you think that framm18 is town?

I think that one or both of gandalf and RazorStar is scum, and if neither then ST is the scumbuddy (because at this point I have DP and framm18 as almost confirmed town). We need to make sure we make the correct choice today, though.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by startransmission »

DavidParker wrote:Unfortunately he couldn't protect himself it seems...

So, what did your magic-8 ball tell you ST?

That you are indeed scum?
What is this post? I'm extremely glad I investigated you N1.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”