TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote: Scriel

Really unhappy with the David issue (even more so after
reading
skimming some of his other games) but that's an issue for another day.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: screl
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I would have expected more from buttonmen given the amount of rereading he said he'd done.

@David: what is the point of continually unvoting and revoting like that?

Glad to see a hammer before deadline.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I was expecting more information before the end of the day from the likes of TBM/possibly don, but TBM voting basically told me he had nothing further to add (when he previously said he might add something) so I revoted. The initial unvote was because AWA has posted an intent to hammer (not that I disagree) and I wanted to make sure additional information had come out, as I had found TBM somewhat scummy earlier, and was interested in how he would deal with this hammer situation. Screl's flip will hopefully tell us something (and hopefully be scum...)
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:28 am

Post by AGar »

MichelSableheart wrote:I would have expected more from buttonmen given the amount of rereading he said he'd done.
Why? He's taken conciseness to a whole new level so far in this game.

Let's see how screl flips.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:49 am

Post by DavidParker »

/spams refresh?
:(
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:51 am

Post by AGar »

Mod is PST. It's just getting to be 7 AM there.

Give it time.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AWA
AWA
Goon
AWA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:58 am

Post by AWA »

I would have liked to see a post from npau, but I can't say I'm dissatisfied with the lynch, insofar as I would have preferred others. I
am
a bit puzzled by David's waffling in terms of vote-unvote-vote-unvote...
Show
Generation
: The
first
time you see this message, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

You just lost The Game.

My name is Glenn Dawson. I'm a noun.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:39 am

Post by don_johnson »

apparently i'm late to the party. can't promise anything before night, but i'll try.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

And that my friends was the hammer.

Votecount:

It takes seven to lynch!

Voting

DavidParker (2): My Milked Eek, screl1

screl1 (7): Copper, Equinox, AGar, MichelSableheart, nopointinactingup, TheButtonmen, DavidParker

MichelSableheart (1): Oso

Not Voting

don_johnson, AWA

Refusing to speak, the village all came to the final conclusion: Screl must die. And die he did. With a noose around his neck he hung until his feet stopped kicking. As his body was removed from the tree, a crumbled piece of paper fell to the ground. On it was the village image crossed out in red. Screl1, the
mafia goon
, had been executed. With that, the town breathed in a sigh of relief. Perhaps this would end the string of murders. With that, the villagers headed back to the safety of their homes.

It had been a long day and the sun finally set. But one must not forget the treachery that happens in the shadows of darkness. For now, we begin our night phase.

The deadline for Night Phase 1 actions is July 21, 2010 at 10:00pm PST.
Last edited by chauchaudotcom on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

As the sun rises the townsfolk begin to start their daily routine. All seems well...that is until a scream is heard echoing through the small canyon. Another body has been found.

Equinox,
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed.

Though they caught one, the hunt is far from over.

The deadline for Day 2 is August 08, 2010 at 10:00pm PST.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:57 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

R.I.P Equinox.
Alright then DP should come here and tell us his fabricated investigation because I'm leaning towards his being scum after he survives the night.
Screl flip scum would also push AGar, MS, Copper strongly and MME, TBM slightly to the town side of the spectrum. Oso and Sotty stays null, so that means AWA and DP are likely scum.
Justice will prevail
\m/
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 am

Post by AGar »

Mmm. Equinox death is unsurprising. DP, come in here and lie about something so we can lýnch you.

In other news, I'm in the hospital, so posting from me is limited to my phone.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

interesting. guess i'll start reading. good job on the lynch guys.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Oso »

@AGar, hope it is not serious. Keep us posted if you want.

Check in post mainly, pretty much anything I would have to say is on hold to see what David brings to us this morning.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Copper »

I somewhat disagree with nopoint in that I think the best place to start this day off is with a
vote: MichelSableheart
. His unsettling move towards the end of yesterday to push for DP's lynch over screl's was awkward, that screl actually flipped scum only makes it worse. What's reasonable is generally not far from the truth, and what seems reasonable to me is that, even despite DP's past sins, advocating lynching a Cop claim seems unnecessarily bold.

Additionally, Michel's statistical argument is unconvincing. It depends, in large part, on the continued misbehavior of DP. Being skeptical is one thing, but a lynch is completely another. Michel seemingly backpedaled hard and fast when he realized there were no takers to his proposal. screl flipping scum puts all of us in a position to question his motivations.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by don_johnson »

screl1 wrote:
FOS: AWA

FOS: Michel

FOS: Agar

definitely one of these three is scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Oso »

@Copper, not that I disagree but I put my points against Michel in my posts yesterday so a lot of whether I'm going to pursue Michel is pretty dependent on what sort of info David gives us.

@don_johnoson, welcome by the way, I don't think I said hello to you or nopoint yesterday so, Hi, glad you are both here. And, aside from the fact that Screl was scum and you think he named one of his partners in that FOS party, any thoughts on which one might be a good candidate?
AGar wrote:..
DP, come in here and lie about something so we can lýnch you.
nopointinactingup wrote:..
Alright then DP should come here and tell us his fabricated investigation because I'm leaning towards his being scum after he survives the night.
@nopointinactingup: A bit WIFOMish that. Any reason to think simply because he survived the night that he is automatically scum?

Granted, I agree with some of the folks that there is a chance David lied on his role claim simply because of what he has done in the past, I still don't get why there are still folks who are going to pre-condemn him before seeing his results for the night.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Oso wrote:
@don_johnoson, welcome by the way, I don't think I said hello to you or nopoint yesterday so, Hi, glad you are both here. And, aside from the fact that Screl was scum and you think he named one of his partners in that FOS party, any thoughts on which one might be a good candidate?
workin on it.

Oso wrote:
Granted, I agree with some of the folks that there is a chance David lied on his role claim simply because of what he has done in the past, I still don't get why there are still folks who are going to pre-condemn him before seeing his results for the night.
^^ this.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Copper »

Oh, that's a good find, don. I agree with you, too. One of those three is certainly scum.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Checking in.

@AGar #329: Although he has been extremely concise, I could see the reasoning behind most of his posts.

@nopoint, AGar: If you disbelieve his claim anyway, why wait with voting till he has claimed? I can understand why we shouldn't lynch before he claimed his result, but why not vote?

Rereading Equinox, I see a pretty pro-town player who didn't stand out much. I don't see any opinions that the mafia could have wanted to squash out.

Rereading screll, the main thing that stands out is his refusal to vote for David when he was at L-1, then joining the wagon when it wasn't likely to get to a lynch anymore. This very strongly gives an impression of distancing. "Look, I am willing to vote DP! (except when it might lead to a lynch)". I already explained yesterday why I'm inclined to disbelieve DP's claim.
Vote: DavidParker

other connections that I noticed:
  • In the post where he FoSes AWA, AGar and me, he gives quite a lengthy analysis of buttonmen. but doesn't FoS. Which is a bit surprising, given the fact that he does FoS AGar for what seem to be weaker reasons. Potential connection, nothing strong.
  • When he voted MME, he completely ignored remus, who seemed similary guilty of lurking. Potentially protecting a partner there.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Copper wrote:I somewhat disagree with nopoint in that I think the best place to start this day off is with a
vote: MichelSableheart
. His unsettling move towards the end of yesterday to push for DP's lynch over screl's was awkward, that screl actually flipped scum only makes it worse. What's reasonable is generally not far from the truth, and what seems reasonable to me is that, even despite DP's past sins, advocating lynching a Cop claim seems unnecessarily bold.

Additionally, Michel's statistical argument is unconvincing. It depends, in large part, on the continued misbehavior of DP. Being skeptical is one thing, but a lynch is completely another. Michel seemingly backpedaled hard and fast when he realized there were no takers to his proposal. screl flipping scum puts all of us in a position to question his motivations.
Yes I did forget to take note of that because I was just analyzing the positions of Screl's wagon and his interactions with various people. Looking back at Micheal, I see a lot of his coaching for Screl where he tries to steer Screl to look more town but rarely mention his suspicion of Screl. In addition, his insistence, then backpedalling on lynching a claimed cop over Screl digs his grave further. Although I have soft spots for people with a lot of content, I'd have to say Micheal is scummy.

Vote:Micheal

Oso wrote: @nopointinactingup: A bit WIFOMish that. Any reason to think simply because he survived the night that he is automatically scum?

And a greeting to you too. True. But I don't mean by that that he's automatically scum. I mean his likelihood of being scum has just increased. Scum run a liability by leaving a cop alive right?
MichelSableheart wrote: @nopoint, AGar: If you disbelieve his claim anyway, why wait with voting till he has claimed? I can understand why we shouldn't lynch before he claimed his result, but why not vote?
I will intentionally put off this question. For now all I can say is that's how I find scum.
MichelSableheart wrote: Rereading screll, the main thing that stands out is his refusal to vote for David when he was at L-1, then joining the wagon when it wasn't likely to get to a lynch anymore. This very strongly gives an impression of distancing. "Look, I am willing to vote DP! (except when it might lead to a lynch)". I already explained yesterday why I'm inclined to disbelieve DP's claim.
Vote: DavidParker
I do agree with you, but I'd like to keep DP for a while and focus on finding the 3rd scum.
MichelSableheart wrote: other connections that I noticed:
  • In the post where he FoSes AWA, AGar and me, he gives quite a lengthy analysis of buttonmen. but doesn't FoS. Which is a bit surprising, given the fact that he does FoS AGar for what seem to be weaker reasons. Potential connection, nothing strong.
  • When he voted MME, he completely ignored remus, who seemed similary guilty of lurking. Potentially protecting a partner there.
There's a difference between MME and Remus. MME was active lurking while Remus was simply not there for anyone to analyze.
Justice will prevail
\m/
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Hey guys, last night I checked Michel (not Michael :p) and got a scum result.

Vote: Michel
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I have more to add but right now I'm preparing for a big night out so not the best time :D

Also,

@everyone: In these 12 players games, is it more common to have 3 scum or 2 scum? I remember seeing a thread in MD about how 3 scum in these 12 players games is imba, and scum have like a 70% win ratio recently or something. Mostly bringing it up because our perfect game might be complete today if my result is true!
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 pm

It's common to have 3 scums.
And Michel, what have you got to say for yourself?
I say we lynch Michel today.
Justice will prevail
\m/

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”