Newbie 988-Apocalypse(Over)-Scum win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 am

Post by kyle99 »

Ehh, that was more me forgetting about the game, but whatever.
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Beanman »

@ dekes. Your so convinced Adrien wants kyle dead that badly. I specifically asked adrien if I should hammer on post 186. Didn't get a response. Guess he didn't want that hammer to happen that badly after all. Well, let's put your read on him to the test shall we? Let's give him the option. I am doing this, because I believe my read on Adrien, is stronger than your read on Adrien. I also like living a little dangerously. I think kyle is town. Good luck kyle. God speed.

unvote;vote kyle99
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Beanman »

EBWOP-That vote will change in aprox. 24 hours of the original vote.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 am

Post by kyle99 »

Beanman wrote:I think kyle is town.
Beanman wrote:
unvote;vote kyle99
How are these two phrases both in the same post?
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Beanman »

@Kyle99 Because I put them there.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:41 am

Post by kyle99 »

Beanman wrote:@Kyle99 Because I put them there.
:o
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Jackabomb »

Vote count 1.9
Makeorbreak-
Montgomery, kyle99;

Tanstalas-
;

Dekes-
;

kyle99-
Makeorbreak, Tanstalas, Dekes, Beanman;

Beanman-
;

yabbaguy-
;

Montgomery-
;

Not voting-
yabbaguy, Tuxhedoh, Adrien C;

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or no lynch.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Makeorbreak
Makeorbreak
Townie
Makeorbreak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Makeorbreak »

Hi I'm back.
:)
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Adrien C »

So now Kyle needs to convince me not to hammer.
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Adrien C wrote:So now Kyle needs to convince me not to hammer.
ISO MoB and then try to convince everyone why you should hammer.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Adrien C »

MoB is almost a guarantee to be the next lynch. I asked you to defend yourself, not deflect. Go.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Adrien C wrote:MoB is almost a guarantee to be the next lynch. I asked you to defend yourself, not deflect. Go.
1) MoB has acted SIGNIFICANTLY scummier then me the whole game. There's no feasible reason why she should be lynched after me.
2) Make a case on me, or something I can respond to instead of just asking me why you guys shouldn't lynch me.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Adrien C wrote:
kyle99 wrote:
Makeorbreak wrote:VOTE: kyle99
Any particular reason you want to massive lurk, not put out any content, and jump in and put someone at L1 without any reasoning?
Someone's calling the kettle black. I will
FoS: Makeorbreak
for what I think was an attempted hammer, considering switching my vote, honestly. I think she thought she was hammering when she saw the vote count and saw my vote right above it that the mod must have missed.

Preview Edit: *cough*Hypocrite*cough* Not defending her or anything, as she is wrong too, but you're doing the EXACT SAME THING.
Adrien C wrote:No. Just no. You have NOT been "somewhat" active in scumhunting. You have done absolutely NO scumhunting except helping an early wagon on MoB.
Those two posts sum up my total case on you. For a majority of this game, you have been posting NO content (granted, you are starting to now) and a summary of your posts during that time frame was you badgering MoB for not posting content (granted, she wasn't either). You were doing the EXACT SAME THING she was doing during that time frame. No matter how much you jump up and down that you weren't, truth is, you were. Now, I'll make a deal with you. If you acknowledge that you were also active lurking and not posting any real content and explain yourself other than "forgetting the game", I will not hammer you and let you live another day. I can't speak for the other people who could also drop the hammer, but I will not.

So speak.
Tuxhedoh
Tuxhedoh
Townie
Tuxhedoh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Tuxhedoh »

Makeorbreak wrote:Hi I'm back.
:)
Is this just to keep your spot in the game? No thoughts on what's occurred during the last 2 days?

While I acknowledge even in the last 3 hours stuffs gone on I want to comment on, but I'm exhausted.... depending on how busy work is in the morning....I should have something 10ish.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Saved a draft of a post now, I'm tired and it's midnight now for me, a time when I promise myself I never post substantive content.

Sorry. :(
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Beanman »

MoB says "im back." after 2 days, thats it. And Adrien completely ignores this and waits for day 2. wtf would you discuss who your going to vote for on day 2?!? that benifits scum, only. hammer already you mafia member adrien. why you need to be convinced all of a sudden?!? According to your scum mate you were begging for a hammer. DOOOO EEEEET!!!!!
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Adrien C »

I'm not mafia. I want to see Yabba's post and give Kyle a chance to defend himself before hammering.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Adrien C »

And I saw MoB's post and I agree, it reeks of scumminess. But remember that there are TWO mafia members around. She ain't going anywhere.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Sorry for a third post, but
FoS Beanman
for being overly eager for a hammer.
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Beanman »

I'm not overly eager. if you read my post of why i voted, it was to prove that dekes was givin the wrong impression that *you* were overly eager. I think I've proven my point.

kyles not dying today. Why, because he's town. the majority of town isnt convinced enough. I think we're all convinced that MoB has been acting scummy. we should kill her for being so damn scummy. there is NO REASON to wait. She's scum, she needs to die. if she's town, she's contributed nothing and needs to die. This choice is obvious.

unvote;vote Makeorbreak
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Dekes »

Beanman wrote:@ dekes. Your so convinced Adrien wants kyle dead that badly. I specifically asked adrien if I should hammer on post 186. Didn't get a response. Guess he didn't want that hammer to happen that badly after all. Well, let's put your read on him to the test shall we? Let's give him the option. I am doing this, because I believe my read on Adrien, is stronger than your read on Adrien. I also like living a little dangerously. I think kyle is town. Good luck kyle. God speed.

unvote;vote kyle99
So you were jeopardizing your #1 town pick to prove your theory. Yeah, that sounds sensible and really pro-town.
I don't see how Adrien could've hammered after that post. If Adrien's scum, he of course would've had a hard time to hammer his partner. But if kyle were to flip town Adrien would've dug himself a giant hole. He would've been on everybody's scum list, mine included (no fallacy there: I said if kyle flips scum I don't see how Adrien can be scum, too. However, if kyle flips town you have to question Adrien on his behavior).
And if Adrien is town of course you can argue he should hammer his #1 scum candidate. But again, after your post (and a couple of Adrien's posts), if kyle were to flip town Adrien would have a hard time to convince everyone else he's not scum the following day.

Oh, and if I take firm stances as to who I think is the scum team and who's not then it's me having it all figured out, being naive and creating fallacies all over the place. But if you blatantly declare me and Adrien as the scum team only to say in your next post Mob is obiously scum it's all perfectly fine and logical, I guess. Mh...

@Mob
Seriously? What did you think this was gonna be like? Did you read any other mafia threads beforehand? You have to invest time into this thing, you have to contribute and bring in your own ideas. Oherwise you're not helping this game at all. If you're not able to do this than it would be better for everyone's sake to ask for a replacement. The other possibility is that that's your game plan and then you have to go. Call me opportunistic, call me bandwagon hopper, but I was told to vote for who I think is scum and unlike others I'm planning to do that.
Unvote; Vote: Makeorbreak
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Dekes »

Actually,
Unvote

Don't want someone to hammer before she has the chance to replace out. Also don't want the day to end before yabba had the chance to post.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Adrien C wrote:
Adrien C wrote:
kyle99 wrote:
Makeorbreak wrote:VOTE: kyle99
Any particular reason you want to massive lurk, not put out any content, and jump in and put someone at L1 without any reasoning?
Someone's calling the kettle black. I will
FoS: Makeorbreak
for what I think was an attempted hammer, considering switching my vote, honestly. I think she thought she was hammering when she saw the vote count and saw my vote right above it that the mod must have missed.

Preview Edit: *cough*Hypocrite*cough* Not defending her or anything, as she is wrong too, but you're doing the EXACT SAME THING.
Adrien C wrote:No. Just no. You have NOT been "somewhat" active in scumhunting. You have done absolutely NO scumhunting except helping an early wagon on MoB.
Those two posts sum up my total case on you. For a majority of this game, you have been posting NO content (granted, you are starting to now) and a summary of your posts during that time frame was you badgering MoB for not posting content (granted, she wasn't either). You were doing the EXACT SAME THING she was doing during that time frame. No matter how much you jump up and down that you weren't, truth is, you were. Now, I'll make a deal with you. If you acknowledge that you were also active lurking and not posting any real content and explain yourself other than "forgetting the game", I will not hammer you and let you live another day. I can't speak for the other people who could also drop the hammer, but I will not.

So speak.
I'm amazed. This is possibly the most pointless and confusing tunneling I believe I've ever seen. I'm just trying to think of ONE reason why your actions would be beneficial from a scum standpoint or a town standpoint. From a scum standpoint, your actions are so obviously scummy that anyone with half of a mafia brain would have you pegged as scum. From a town standpoint, you're obviously not making any attempt to actually catch scum and ignoring obvious scumtells from other players. I have concluded that instead of assigning you a particular alinement at this point in the game, I have decided to just label you as someone who is completely incompetent at the game of mafia.

Your "case" has so many holes in it that I don't know where to begin. Firstly, let's summarize your case on me:

1) I was a hypocrite in making my case on MoB for active lurking.
2) I supposedly have not spent any effort scumhunting so far this game.

Let's look at the first one first, shall we?

Adrien's First Argument In Me Being Scum

Before we devulge in this, let's get a definition of lurking from the wiki.

Lurking:
When a player is intentionally quiet during a game's Day, or misses their Night Choice, they are said to be lurking. The term most often applies to voluntary absence, but
players who unintentionally find themselves absent over a sufficient length of time without first notifying the game moderator and other players are also often accused of lurking.

Note the underlined point, as this is the part that applies to me. I had forgotten about the game, and as such, did not read or post in the thread. This is not a scumtell or a towntell, but rather a nulltell.

Now, let's take a look at active lurking:
Active Lurking:
A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player
posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game.
Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said.
MoB is a textbook example of active lurking. In order to truly understand this scumminess, let's ISO Makeorbreak in order to truly understand the mind of a mafia member.

ISO1) Intro post.
ISO2) Random vote.
ISO3) Unvote of random vote.
ISO4) Defense of "personal attack".
ISO5) Crying due to personal attack.
ISO6) Very emotional due to personal attack.
ISO7) Explanation of lurking, says she's fine with being lynched.
ISO8) Admits to her vote being an OMGUS.
ISO9) Explains previous vote.
ISO10) Post reply.
ISO11) Questions dekes (sorta).
ISO12) References other game.
ISO13) Off-topic post.
ISO14) Goes after someone for voting her in the RVS.
ISO15) Puts me at L1 without any past suspicion of me or any explanation of vote.
ISO16) Asks how she's been lurking. Read above to answer that question :)
ISO17) Using posts she made in a case against HER. Gee, imagine that?
ISO18) Pointless AtE, and says that she votes solely out of retaliation and majority. Seriously, this post is awful.
ISO19) States she's contributed content.
ISO20) Pointless post.
ISO21) Admits her vote on me was an OMGUS.
ISO22) Says she's back, doesn't comment on anything going on.

Not a SINGLE ONE OF THESE POSTS has any example of constructive scumhunting. NOT A SINGLE FUCKING POST.
I'd do an ISO of myself showing where I've actually scumhunted, but that would take quite a while, so I'll let you do that for yourself. Based on these though, it's pretty clear that I'm not a hypocrite, I haven't been active lurking like Adrien said, and that MoB has contributed literally absolutely nothing to this game and deserves to die. Now.

Adrien's Second Argument In Me Being Scum

Adrien's second reason on why I'm scum consisted of how I have not spent any of the game actively scumhunting. As I said before, I'd go into an ISO of my posts, show how I've scumhunted, made cases (specifically on MoB), asked questions, etc. However, this would take much to long, and my post is already running pretty long. So I'll let you guys do this yourselves. After the first 4 posts in my ISO, it's pretty clear I haven't been active lurking or lurking for that matter. But don't take my word for it. Be a good mafia player and look for yourself.

tl;dr: Adrien is incompetent, MoB is scum (vote her), and I'm awesome for writing a post like this at 2 in the morning.
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Beanman »

@dekes, brilliantly stated if i do say so myself. Yes i made a risky vote, and thankfully with MoB's return, we got more scummy info on adrien. He is so sure that MoB is mafia, stateing even that she's dead on day 2, which is nothing but giving mafia information, yet is so completely unsure of his #1 pick that he can't even hammer.
tanstalas
tanstalas
Too Much Game
tanstalas
Too Much Game
Too Much Game

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:10 am

Post by tanstalas »

Unvote

I'm not convinced that kyle isn't scum, however at least he is starting to post. I would throw down a vote on MoB now - however like dekes I do not want to put her at L-1 before she has a chance to defend herself or get replaced. If her past post history in this game is any indication, then I think I will not be holding my breath on the former.
FlayTheScum 1:33 am
RC does not have my stash of animal porn, I promise you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”