nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Actually. I think what he said meant he forgot to roleblock and he's angry about it. It would make him feel better if there was a town roleblocker. Just I think :P
Justice will prevail
\m/
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

hiphop, this is the main reason why I didn't want to lynch SSBF. I hope you now understand why I couldn't have said that yesterday. :D

How'd the kill go through?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:39 am

Post by crypto »

@%#$@%@#@%$#@, I came dangerously close to having 100% wrong scum reads this game. And I really am sorry. I completely lost all inspiration and self-discipline a few pages in.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Hayker »

SpyreX, the mafia Roleblocker, has been lynched. No more mafia remain. Town Win.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

:D

Yay for me, first win on site!

But seriously, good game everyone.

More thoughts later.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

hiphop wrote:So SSBf are you really a vanilla, who fake claimed?
No, I am a Town Cop.

I'm going to be really honest here, I was really surprised that I managed to survive to the end, let alone not get lynched Day 1, as I will admit, my play was less then standard. But to be honest, this is my first win on this site, so I guess a win is a win.

Town did really great in terms of working together to find scums. PoE worked out very well in favor of the town, despite AlmasterGM's argument otherwise. Only one mislynch and that was due to an error. I feel great that I managed to vote for 2/3 of the Mafia, which is good. The Mafia Godfather's lynch (Sando) put town at a big advantage, so I had no worries about AlmasterGM flipping scum.

The fact that we had absolutely no replacements is an amazing achievement for a Mafia game, as we would usually expect two to four replacements in a game. I'm in an ongoing game that already had four replacements and on Day 2, yet this game got none, that's something to brag about.

But if there's one thing we can all agree on, this game was crazy.
Fred Garvin
Fred Garvin
Townie
Fred Garvin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Fred Garvin »

SSBF wrote:The fact that we had absolutely no replacements is an amazing achievement for a Mafia game, as we would usually expect two to four replacements in a game. I'm in an ongoing game that already had four replacements and on Day 2, yet this game got none, that's something to brag about.
QFT. After playing 16 games on this site, I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time a game I've played in has required no replacements.

I am very satisfied with my performance this game. I highly suspected all of the scums, roleblocked two, suspected one from page 3, and helped expose SpyreX as the final scum.

I was a Town Roleblocker. As soon as I got my role pm I knew I could use my role as a means of investigation. If I roleblocked a player and there was no kill, that would indicate that the player I had roleblocked was scum and had submitted the kill. Night 1 I roleblocked charter, because I highly suspected him. Night 2 I roleblocked nopoint because I knew it couldn't hurt if he was telling the truth about his role. Night 3 I roleblocked SpyreX which allowed SSBF to get his result in. What I don't understand is how the kill also still got through. Hayker, can you explain how Almaster still ended up dying despite me roleblocking his killer?

The reason why I didn't claim day 3 was because I remembered what happened to Seacore in Classic Mafia. (He was a Town Roleblocker and was lynched because nobody believed his role) Secondly, I knew if I survived I could use my ability to catch the last scum. It was a foolproof plan as long as I roleblocked the right person (which I did), because if there was no kill, then I would know I picked the scum... and even if nobody believed me I would still be able to use the cop having successful investigations as proof that I had roleblocked scum. hiphop, this is one of the big reasons why I didn't want to lynch the SSBF. :D

Hayker, thank you for modding this game! I really enjoyed it.

Scum quicktopic?

SpyreX, was the meta point I brought up against you accurate?
Male Prostitute
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Sorry that was a relative's account. That was actually me.
SSBF wrote:The fact that we had absolutely no replacements is an amazing achievement for a Mafia game, as we would usually expect two to four replacements in a game. I'm in an ongoing game that already had four replacements and on Day 2, yet this game got none, that's something to brag about.
QFT. After playing 16 games on this site, I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time a game I've played in has required no replacements.

I am very satisfied with my performance this game. I highly suspected all of the scums, roleblocked two, suspected one from page 3, and helped expose SpyreX as the final scum.

I was a Town Roleblocker. As soon as I got my role pm I knew I could use my role as a means of investigation. If I roleblocked a player and there was no kill, that would indicate that the player I had roleblocked was scum and had submitted the kill. Night 1 I roleblocked charter, because I highly suspected him. Night 2 I roleblocked nopoint because I knew it couldn't hurt if he was telling the truth about his role. Night 3 I roleblocked SpyreX which allowed SSBF to get his result in. What I don't understand is how the kill also still got through. Hayker, can you explain how Almaster still ended up dying despite me roleblocking his killer?

The reason why I didn't claim day 3 was because I remembered what happened to Seacore in Classic Mafia. (He was a Town Roleblocker and was lynched because nobody believed his role) Secondly, I knew if I survived I could use my ability to catch the last scum. It was a foolproof plan as long as I roleblocked the right person (which I did), because if there was no kill, then I would know I picked the scum... and even if nobody believed me I would still be able to use the cop having successful investigations as proof that I had roleblocked scum. hiphop, this is one of the big reasons why I didn't want to lynch the SSBF. :D

Hayker, thank you for modding this game! I really enjoyed it.

Scum quicktopic?

SpyreX, was the meta point I brought up against you accurate?
-Wickedestjr
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

GOD THIS GAME. AND THIS SETTTTUP. WOOOSH.

However, I it wasn't all bad time. I didn't do very well, but I enjoyed all the players (no replacements, ka-ching). And I guess lynching scum on D1 wasn't all luck (like everything else). So yeah.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:00 am

Post by charter »

I think mafia may have stood a chance at winning if I was told my correct scumbuddies before night one and if a dead person wasn't allowed to use their ability. Both modscrewups were pretty major and majorly hurt the scumteam. As it stands, really no way we could have won with this poor/biased modding.

Good job town, though.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:00 am

Post by charter »

Also, I tried lurking hardcore as a scum strategy this game, did it work well or no? I don't think I'm going to try it any more regardless, since it's not much fun.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I found the lurking suspicicious, but it seemed to help you fly under the radar. Why did you claim gunsmith? And who did you think your scumbuddies were?
-Wickedestjr
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:37 am

Post by charter »

I claimed gunsmith because I thought it would cement me as town, everyone would be like "oh, charter wouldn't do that as scum, he must be town!" which I guess kind of worked. I was told you were my scumbuddy instead of SpyreX, had I known you weren't scum, I'd have voted you when the wagon formed on you instead of defending you.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:38 am

Post by charter »

And then those constant one day deadline extensions day one, gave town enough time to get their thumbs out of their asses and blindly lynch someone, who turned out to be mafia, rather than the no lynch.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Two cops of useful sanities (apparently) and a roleblocker AND an elite bodyguard against a Godfather (still lynchable by AGM), a goon and a roleblocker.

Of course it didn't help I thought crypto was my partner d1 and not charter soo.

The mod errors hurt a lot too.

And if you're talkin about my stance on Nopoint - that would have been the same either way. KK won for having brass ones and that doesn't change how I look at it as a whole.

I'll dig up the QT at some point. I'd really like the full setup - I HOPE there is no more PR's around.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Hayker »

Players:
1. AlmasterGM insane cop
2. charter Vanilla Mafia
3. crypto
4. hiphop
5. llamaeatataco Elite Bodyguard
6. nopointinactingup miller
7. podium123456
8. Sando Mafia Godfather
9. SpyreX Mafia Roleblocker
10. Super Smash Bros. Fan Sane Cop
11. Wickedestjr Town Roleblocker

more comming soon
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Hayker »

Night Actions Night 1
AlmasterGM(Insane cop)-Llamaeatataco
Llamaeatataco(EBG)-SSBF(wicked if he was lynched, night action sent in early I thinks because of a V/la)
SSBS(Sane Cop)-AlmasterGM
Wickedestjr(RB)-charter
Mafia Kill-podium123456
Mafia RB(SpyreX)-Crypto

Night Actions Night 2(Special Thanks to Hoopla for discussing my mistake with me)
AlmasterGM(Insane cop)-SpyreX
Llamaeatataco(EBG)-hiphop
SSBS(Sane Cop)-charter
Wickedestjr(RB)-nopointinactingup
Mafia Kill-hiphop
Mafia RB(SpyreX)-AlmasterGM

Night actions Night 3
Llamaeatataco(EBG)-no one
SSBS(Sane Cop)-SPyreX
Wickedestjr(RB)-SpyreX
Mafia Kill-AlmasterGM
Mafia RB(SpyreX)-SSBF
Last edited by Hayker on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:Of course it didn't help I thought crypto was my partner d1 and not charter soo.
Wait, you didn't know who your scumbuddies were either?
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Hayker »

Well, First off I will say all the players in this game were awesome for putting up with one of the worst gm's ever. With that I will also give a
huge thank you!

My two major mistakes were A)Screwing up charter's role pm by switching around the roleblockers, and B)The votecount error(still can't believe I did that after more then double checking, still though, my bad...bad bad). My mistakes ended up costing the mafia more in the end and I modofied Spyre's role on night 3 to both roleblock and kill. And as for the kill going through, I didn't really treat the kill as a night action.

The late start day 2 was also because I gave the mafia a day extension roughly.

I stand by all my decisions I made throughout the game, but would gladly hear anything that any one of you would have done instead. The only one I think I at all dislike was not warning the town that I wasn't going to grant an extension, even when asked for. I can't think of anything else to say at the time, maybe I'll post more later. Thank you again everyone, this setup played out really well, not including the errors of course. I would love to hear and thoughts and concerns they have about this game. I can handle a few insults too...especially from the mafia. You guys deserve it.>.>
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Hayker »

charter wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Of course it didn't help I thought crypto was my partner d1 and not charter soo.
Wait, you didn't know who your scumbuddies were either?
With a quick check to Spyre's role pm, that was not an error of mine. A player error.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Hayker wrote:
Night Actions Night 1
Llamaeatataco(EBG)-SSBF(wicked if he was lynched, night action sent in early I thinks because of a V/la)
Wickedestjr(RB)-charter
Mafia Kill-charter
Mafia RB(SpyreX)-Crypto

Night Actions Night 2(Special Thanks to Hoopla for discussing my mistake with me)
SSBS(Sane Cop)-charter
Mafia Kill-hiphop

Night actions Night 3
SSBS(Sane Cop)-SPyreX
Wickedestjr(RB)-SpyreX
Mafia Kill-AlmasterGM
Mafia RB(SpyreX)-SSBF
AGM. You found out Spyrex was scum since Night 2 ? :|
Justice will prevail
\m/
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Hayker »

Town Cop
You are a town cop. You may choose one person each night to investigate in order to discover their alignment. If they are town you will receive a "town" result, and if they are mafia, a "mafia" result. Of course you have your voice and vote in the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated

Vanilla Townie
You are a vanilla townie, you get your voice and vote in the day phase.

Town Miller
You are a vanilla townie, who appears to be mafia by investigation and lynch. Beyond this, you have your voice and vote in the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Town Roleblocker
You are a town roleblocker, each night you may choose one person, and any actions he performs will not happen this night. You also have your voice and vote in the day phase.

Town Elite Bodyguard
You are a town Elite bodyguard. Each night you may choose one person to defend each night. If this person is attempted to be killed, you die in place of the target, and also counterkill the killer.

Godfather
You are the Godfather of the mafia. You appear innocent to cop investigations. You are teamed with your Roleblocker Wickedestjr, and your Vanilla mafia charter. Together each night you decide on a town member to be killed, and which one of you three does the killing.

You win when mafia numbers are equal to the town's (Aparently I screwed this one up too....Well at least I see how I did my error)

Vanilla Mafia
You are an average mafia grunt. You are sided with your Godfather Sando, and your Roleblocker Wickedestjr. Together each night you decide on a town member to be killed, and which one of you three does the killing.

You win when mafia numbers are equal to the town's.

Mafia Roleblocker
You are a mafia Roleblocker. You are sided with your Godfather Sando, and your Vanilla mafia charter. Together each night you decide on a town member to be killed, and which one of you three does the killing.

You may also choose one town member to roleblock, preventing any night action they have each night. You may not kill and roleblock in the same night.
Last edited by Hayker on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Hayker »

nopointinactingup wrote:
Hayker wrote:
Night Actions Night 1
Wickedestjr(RB)-charter
Mafia Kill-charter
Mafia RB(SpyreX)-Crypto

SSBS(Sane Cop)-charter
Mafia Kill-hiphop

Night actions Night 3
SSBS(Sane Cop)-SPyreX
Wickedestjr(RB)-SpyreX
Mafia Kill-AlmasterGM
Mafia RB(SpyreX)-SSBF
AGM. You found out Spyrex was scum since Night 2 ? :|
AGM was roleblocked that night
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Hayker wrote:
Town Miller
You are a vanilla townie,
who appears to be mafia by investigation and lynch
. Beyond this, you have your voice and vote in the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Isn't this Death Miller instead. I think Miller only appears mafia by investigation.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Hayker »

I suppose you could argue that. You would have shown as miller on a kill though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”