Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Kdub »

I should probably comment on the balance of the scumteams. I think if you were to replay this game many times, it would turn out that Jabba's bounty ability would be more powerful than Palpatine's secret vote. Palpatine's vote only becomes powerful when it gets toward endgame, where a single vote can really make a big difference, and there's no guarantee he even survives that long. LMP played a great game so that he was able to survive that long and use it in the perfect situation, but it's hard to imagine that it would happen that often, especially if weaker players were to draw the Palpatine role. On the other hand, I envisioned Jabba using the bounty on players at night and then having his team make the kill to pick up the reward. Some of the rewards would be extremely useful in the hands of scum. The game just didn't happen to play out that way.

The one-shot bulletproof from the personal deflector shield was a passive ability, so a roleblocker would not have been able to negate it. I think redirector vs. roleblocker could go either way depending on the situation, but I'd give the edge to the redirector in general.

I thought interrogator (which is just a fancy name for VT-cop that I made up) was better than tracker for a scum role because it lets them find other scum and town PRs indiscriminately, whereas tracker would miss roles that had passive abilities or just did not happen to take an action on a particular night. The tracker gets the additional info of who a player targeted, but I think that is less useful than just finding whether they are a VT or not.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:00 am

Post by LimMePls »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Yeah I must say I was kind of disappointed with how little effect my ability actually had, especially compared to the Emperor's ability. I would have much rather had something like that.
Frankly, not to be a jerk or anything, but I think you used it poorly. I have no idea why you bountied Farside, and I really have no idea why you would bounty SoG with a 1-shot BP as the reward, when the likely place the town would lynch was SoG already. Did it not occur to you that the town would want to get the already proven cop the BP? Wouldn't it have been better to give him the empire scanner thing instead?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:07 am

Post by ooba »

- Yup. I actually thought the bounty prize was random and thats why it was the BP.

- Agree with Kdub:
Redirector > Roleblocker
Alliance cop > Tracker
Bounty is actually much more versatile since it can get your team an advantage if you have a single very pro-town looking player in your team. He\She can hammer and take the item. The secret vote is dependent on the player making it to the endgame.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:32 am

Post by Faraday »

I'd take a tracker over the alliance cop, personally. Tracker can be used to claim your actual role, Alliance cop sounds really scummy (although I guess it could be spun as a town Power role cop, see karma mafia) but ehhh.

Bounty's probably better than Vote too, I'm happy with the vote, and wouldn't have nerfed it. I thought it worked really well.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by danakillsu »

@Faraday
How would you claim what you really were succesfully as a Tracker? Wreck Star couldn't manage that at all. We were given specific nameclaims, and Tracker didn't really fit into them. And at any rate, I don't think that's really enough to say tracker was better than an alliance cop.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Faraday wrote:Bounty's probably better than Vote too
I disagree. Bounty probably would have been cooler if it didn't immediately incite WIFOM about 'yep, that's probably a scum ability'... which made it basically useless except to town planners trying to get the item to a towny townie.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Faraday »

Which is still more useful than a secret vote which is only really useful in one scenario.
How would you claim what you really were succesfully as a Tracker? Wreck Star couldn't manage that at all. We were given specific nameclaims, and Tracker didn't really fit into them. And at any rate, I don't think that's really enough to say tracker was better than an alliance cop.
Idr the safe claims admittedly but Wreck Star's problem was more being caught by a cop than anything else. It'd make a better claim late game, tracker that is, I think.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by BlazezRb »

I called it, LMP was scum, I didn't think I was right for a moment, so HA!!
Show
Rankings:
0-1 Town
0-0 Neutral
0-0 Mafia

Active Games: 5: Alive in 3, Dead in 2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”