Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Hey guys, didja miss me?

My internet was crappy earlier in the day, (still kinda is, but at least it'll load the page properly now) so I decided to go out and do something; between chores, video games, laundry, and napping, I kind of got lost.

Anyways, tying up some loose ends here.

@Xite:

1) Simple, if they wait until tomorrow, If he's not actually a mason, masons should wait to CC because
He runs the possibility of being NK'd tonight, so if he's VT or scum, it's better than loosing a PR whoohoo cross-kills
Tomorrow an actual mason could claim, whether myst is NK'd or not, one of them will prolly get lynched, if they're not the scum, then we lynch the other one the next day which will more likely be scum, a pretty good trade off, especially considering we have a chance of scum cross-killing at night.
As long as there's one mason left, we still have a chance of catching scum with CC's.
Satisfied?
Yeah, I see. Any power roles help the town, and this plan kinda balances out all the possibilities. Still, Myst isn't exactly a prime candidate for being scum.
2) But I really wasn't tunneling before then either. Besides, since when did tunneling become a scumtrait?
You consistently antagonized Myst and rarely stopped to address others' views, and you seemed to place most detail and emphasis on Myst. Maybe it's not a "textbook" case, but a lot of people probably do construe that as tunneling. And sure, tunneling may not be a scum trait...
in itself
. It was the combination of that and your reactions to the claim, your undue emphasis on some details, etc. that led me to suspect you.
3) I don't know how to explain it? Its a big guess on how scum/town would act. That's what I consider WIFOM. I know there's a more literal term for it, but I really can't be bothered to remember it, especially when WIFOM is so close to it anyways.
This may be a case of differing perception (or perhaps misconception.) I don't consider my analysis of the situation to be WIFOM related. I've always considered WIFOM to deal more with players motives' and personality rather than their actions, and while it is speculate on the course of events, I think I avoid any confusing reasoning traps: I simply stated my view on the current player actions, analyzed concrete possibilities (e.g Myst's alignment, tonight's scumkills) and their relationship to said actions, and the responses that could ensue. Masons can still claim today, or they can claim tomorrow, or not at all. There
will
be two scumkills at night, and the victims could be either of 3 alignments. Myst is likely a Mason, and therefore is likely to be among the scum's victims tonight, as scum tend to want to eliminate power roles to give themselves an advantage. Here I'll throw ya a bone: That last bit is very likely to be construed as WIFOM, since it describes typical scum behavior, and if scum
don't
behave accordingly, that could saddle the town with hard questions (which could be even more to their advantage if played right. However, in my view, my prediction of scum behavior isn't in itself WIFOM. If the next day, we are asking ourselves "How come the scum didn't kill Mysterio?", the subject in that sentence is the scum. Therefore, IMO, it would be the
scum
, not I, who would be creating the WIFOM. *puts on pirate hat* Savvy?

I'm
slightly
less suspicious, but I still think my vote's in a good place.

@Mysterio:
Mysterio wrote:However, I disagree with Kai in that my partners should NOT claim unless I'm counterclaimed, even if I'm about to be lynched. Although, with Xite making himself look scummier by the day, that seems unlikely. Having all three of us claim would certainly clear three players and make us more likely to be town than anyone else, it would also give both scum teams clear targets. With two killing parties, two Masons could get wiped out in a single night. Hence why I've only been pushing for Xite to be lynched because of him incredibly scummy reaction to my claim. Anyone pushing for my partners to claim without me being counterclaimed either isn't thinking things through or is rolefishing.
Yeah, there were some holes in my analysis. I think most of my points are still understood though. However, my attitude towards Xite (pointed out by ConfidAnon) combined with my flawed reasoning seem to have put me under attack by don_johnson, which leads us into more recent times:
don_johnson wrote:so anyway:

his entry into the game is "i don't see anything suspicious." so i'll vote a lurker for pressure. its kind of a cop out.
That's the thing. I was V/LA before that, I just forgot to send advance notice. I wasn't really up to speed and the Myst/Xite conflict left me with no clear suspects. Nobody else was really a standout except nopoint, who was totally absent outside of RVS, as opposed to just about everyone else who posted something outside of that (a2rudeboy doesn't seem like he's equipped to play). Sure, it's not very helpful, but nobody's perfect.
don_johnson wrote: two days later myst and xite are his "top two".

then he asks for a nopoint prod and drops a serious vote on xite.

his iso 5 is worst for me as he seems to be planting the false belief that if Myst was not a mason, that it would need all 3 masons to counterclaim in order to get him lynched. this is logically flawed. if all 3 masons counterclaim for one scum then two out of the three masons would most likely be dead come morning, decimating towns advantage in the game. if myst isn't mason, then masons can wait just as well. myst is dead tonight regardless of his alignment. no need to plan counterclaims. its kind of a useless discussion in and of itself. in fact. kai's entire contribution to this thread reads like fluff as attacks the easiest target available.
I've addressed that not-so-small logic hole with Myst above. I...guess I was looking too far ahead. :oops: Myst is still likely a Mason though, as there have been no CCs. However, as Myst said, masons should only claim if he is CC'd, which somewhat reinforces my "now or never" stance on a Mason claim, because as you seem to realize, a mason CC won't do us much good afterwards. It has
some
utility, but not much compared to preserving our PRs.
don_johnson wrote:in iso 6 he awards credit to andrew for "content". i don't remember any "content" from andrew.

andrews iso is pretty bad as well. he doesn't have many posts longer than two or three sentences and seems to ask questions just for the sake of asking questions.
andrew's questions wrote:
1) @mysteriou why did u claim so early?

2) who else do you think slipped mysteriou?

3) im his buddy?

4) how is my grammer bad?

5) ur suspocious of an un cc-ed mason>?

6) ur saying hes mason catchs xite then takes pressure of xite? Wtf?

7) hi me what?
question 1 was answered by mysterio at the time of the claim. question 2 reads like scum fishing for more scum reads from someone else. the rest are in response to other players, but carry no significance to the game. i'd like to know what "content" from andrew94 Kai deems worthy of credit.
You raise a very good point. At first glance, he seems to be a low-level townie; bit short on contributions, but seeming to follow his own path. Now that you dig deeper into it, it seems like he's deliberately trying to look like a townie by looking inquisitive and actively responding to other players, but his questions don't
go
anywhere. Also interesting is the possibility of him fishing for rival scum, but said possibility is much more tenuous. Good observation in any case.

Reading more...stay tuned for part 2.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by andrew94 »

You raise a very good point. At first glance, he seems to be a low-level townie; bit short on contributions, but seeming to follow his own path. Now that you dig deeper into it, it seems like he's deliberately trying to look like a townie by looking inquisitive and actively responding to other players, but his questions don't go anywhere. Also interesting is the possibility of him fishing for rival scum, but said possibility is much more tenuous. Good observation in any case.

then why did u say that i have content? are you contradicting yourself?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by andrew94 »

AGar wrote:
Mysterio wrote:I don't think scum would so obviously buddy up like that.
WIFOMy thinking like this lets scum slip through the cracks.

I don't know the current scum meta, but I know I've seen scum do it in the past and buddy up hard to a player outside their faction in order to make it seem like there's a connection, so that way if they get lynched/killed, their partner has an easy person to set up to take the fall the next day. This could be an easy attempt to reverse the meta - get players thinking he was trying that and then clear the player.

Kai, doesn't he know that a college schedule operates from Noon to 4 AM?

Anyways, Andrew - you have not posted "content" at all. You've had crappy posting to avoid looking like a complete lurker, masking your active lurking with fluffy, worthless posts.

Liking what I see from DJ thus far.

you are also WIFOMing by saying that.
and besides i am not buddying xite. i am defending him. i was also asking mysteriou who else he thought 'slipped out'.

i am also not an active lurker.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Xite91 »

@Kai
1) I said I think he's more likely to be vanilla townie than scum or mason
2) This is probably just a difference in views, because I feel I wasn't because I was looking at other players and such, you said I was because I wasn't looking at them as much as you would have liked, correct? So honestly, we can drop this point.
3) Fair enough

So, what is it that makes you still suspicious of me? Or are you now just coasting until the lynch?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Ugh, I get distracted way too easily. Anyone got some advice to deal with that? No, seriously.

Let's move on to the elusive
smashbro
:

In my mind, you seem more like a townie that has little time to devote to the game but puts thought into his posts. Still, you should try to be more active.
smashbro wrote:kaiveran's first vote is for nopoint, hoping to bring him into conversation, but I'm not sure what to make of it. agar posts:
AGar wrote:Posts #101 and #103 have seemed to slip under the radar completely.

#101 discredits both Mysterio and Xite as townies. Not a mason and a townie, but two townies. I find this peculiar.

#103 is contradictory in an incredible sense of the word. Basically ignores the mason issue, and goes after a player not contributing with their vote while not contributing themselves. Middling and going after a lurker. Looks fantastically scummy.

VOTE: Kaiveran
which is very true, and reminds me why I started to find him suspicious. However, when he posts next, it seems to be of good quality. Not sure on him yet, because while his posts seem town, his voting pattern suggests voting strong wagons.
There's little I can do to respond to this. I already explained why my vote on nopoint wasn't just a pot shot at an easy target, and even though Xite turned out to be the wagon target, I didn't vote him just cause everyone else was, I voted him because I judged her(?) most likely to be scum, and I mentioned she was looking a bit suspicious to me before the wagon got rollin'. Of course, I can't prove that to you. I guess it's mainly a matter of what you consider "bandwagon" voting as opposed to "justified" voting.
smashbro wrote:bv tries to argue the point of counterclaiming, in which case, a town powerrole will die, but in a trade off for one scum. While it seems like a good idea, this would eventually run out, and we would have little to no information on who the final scum would be (assuming that the mafia would be stupid enough to claim against every mason, one for one). This means that bv and Mysterio are not of the same side. This assumes that either Mysterio is Mason or scum, and bv is on one/the opposing scum team.

FoS:
bv, keaiveran (small FoS)
unvote, vote: nopointinactingup

revisiting nopointinactingup, it seems as though he has done little this whole game, while still voting on one or two wagons. His voting seems opportunistic, and rides on the explanations of others to justify votes. Still he has not added much, if anything, to discussion.
Interesting point on bv, but I'm not getting any red flags on him. I see why certain things about him would rub you the wrong way, but I wouldn't count him among the lynch targets unless your theory accrues some evidence. Time will tell, though, especially since he seems to be planning to post more.

I sorta agree with your view on nopoint. I've already stated I'm a bit suspicious of him due to his active lurker-ish behavior. However his activity has been picking up a bit recently and he seems to be putting at least some effort into his playing now. Still looks dodgy though, especially in his argument with Xite where he keeps bringing up Xite's modkill request, even though it was quite obviously a joke.

Miscellany:
drmyshottyizsik is looking lurker-tastic. I don't think I've seen a single useful post from him. Rudeboy also seems in no condition to play. I think these two are up for replacement.

That's all I can think of right now, I'm pretty tired. I think I've addressed all the important points. I think I'll be seeing y'all tomorrow.

P.S@Mod: Where the hell are you?
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by andrew94 »

drmyshottyizsik posted in many other games, especilaly when he fought real hard not to be lynched(he posted a whole page of stuff) so i dont see why you can post in other games and not this.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

andrew94 wrote:drmyshottyizsik posted in many other games, especilaly when he fought real hard not to be lynched(he posted a whole page of stuff) so i dont see why you can post in other games and not this.
stop piggy-backing plox
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

@Xite: With your reply, you are almost definitely scum digging his own grave in my book.
@Kai: Concise isn't dodgy. Or do you care to tell me what I have dodged?
Justice will prevail
\m/
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by andrew94 »

whats piggy-backing
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:36 am

Post by AGar »

andrew94 wrote:you are also WIFOMing by saying that.
and besides i am not buddying xite. i am defending him. i was also asking mysteriou who else he thought 'slipped out'.

i am also not an active lurker.
No. I was simply saying that there was a meta, this could be that meta or a counter meta. In other words, it could be a scum play. Mysterio wasn't sure if scum would play like that, I pointed out it could be logistical.

Buddying and defending might as well be interchangeable here. You're defense of him is calling other people's votes on him crappy.

Chainsaw defense, which usually indicates a player defending his
buddy
. Woah. Mind = Blown yet?

And you are an active lurker. You post semi-frequently, but all of your posts are fluff and lacking content or original thought.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:56 am

Post by don_johnson »

please saty on course people. kai is the lynch today. andrew can be dealt with tomorrow if he is still alive. remember, there's going to be two nightkills most likely...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:15 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

andrew94 wrote:drmyshottyizsik posted in many other games, especilaly when he fought real hard not to be lynched(he posted a whole page of stuff) so i dont see why you can post in other games and not this.
Because my views haven't changed, and not much is happening [/prod dodge]
#freeShotty
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:03 am

Post by don_johnson »

lynchy lynchy lynchy. come on now folks, don't be fooled by the long posts. if you read them you will see they are weak.

"andrew posted content"

"oh. now that someone has called me on it i realize i was wrong, even though had i really been paying attention i would have noticed before i'd opened my big scummy mouth."

"let's talk about other stuff."
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:14 am

What about Xite Don, I love my Xite vote.
Justice will prevail
\m/
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:15 am

nopointinactingup wrote:What about Xite Don, I love my Xite vote.
Xite is a pretty good vote
#freeShotty
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am

@Drmy: We're agreeing now huh? >:)
Justice will prevail
\m/
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am

nopointinactingup wrote:@Drmy: We're agreeing now huh? >:)
Yep, for the first time like ever.
#freeShotty
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:58 am

Post by don_johnson »

xite's too easy.

remember: two nightkills. scum teams don't win together. if we get it wrong, scum can get it right, or vice versa, or we can get it right
and
scum can get it right.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:59 am

don_johnson wrote:xite's too easy.

remember: two nightkills. scum teams don't win together. if we get it wrong, scum can get it right, or vice versa, or we can get it right
and
scum can get it right.
Xite is scum
#freeShotty
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:06 am

Post by don_johnson »

are you saying i shouuld hammer? cause there is no other clear lynch candidate and this game is dead and the mod has abandoned us...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:07 am

yes you hammer and I will Prod the Mod and tell him we have a lynch
#freeShotty
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

deal.

unvote, vote: xite
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, nevermind on my big case.
Bye guys, it was fun!
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:27 am

xite no claim?
#freeShotty
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Obviously he's not a mason, or he and Mysterio wouldn't have been going at it for the entire game.

However, I think he's town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”