/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:08 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Herodotus wrote:Vas, your Hoopla-connection theories are silly, though I don't find them scummy. The rest of you is suspect.

Your current refusal to answer looks like something your scumbuddies coached you to do. I do believe your claim that you feel overwhelmed in this game; the same thing happened to me in my first large game (last year's /in-vitational.) But if you felt out of place and overwhelmed and you were a townie, I think you would want to answer the question, instead of picking a fight over it. Only your scumbuddies telling you in your QT to stand your ground would likely give you the inclination to refuse.

I also don't see what you're referring to when you say that you've scumhunted populartajo. You've just asked him what game of yours he's referring to for your town meta. Does Tajo look scummy to you? You seem to be oscillating between him being suspicious and his vote being something that the scum latched onto. (I'm referring to your posts prior to Elli's question in post 587, naturally.)
WIFOM me this: Why would I ask about daytalk then? I've been particularly pissy about the scum daytalk in this game. Scum coaching is a bit more reactive. Scum generally would coach each other AFTER one of them fucks up, not because 1 dude asked another dude about their meta.

I have stated over and over and over and over and over
again
that I find his familiarity with my meta to be suspect at that time. Make fun of my rather odd way of thinking all you want but that was what I felt when talked about my meta.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:09 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Also, do you honestly believe that I would go like 'OMG SCUMBUDDIES HALP. ONE GUY ASKED ME TO MAKE A 1 PARAGRAPH SUMMARY OF MY META. COACH PLZX.'.

Nope. Bad attacks with bad scum-buddy coaching theory. Hero is defscum.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:31 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VasudeVa wrote:Nope. Bad attacks with bad scum-buddy coaching theory. Hero is defscum.
I was going for a soft roll-out with my earlier question to Hero, but since you put it out of the open... I think Hero is distancing from KMD. Because KMD has been rather invisible. It would be a classic move; KMD isn't in danger of being lynched, and you're "drawing attention" to your buddy when no one else is.

Hero's next step was probably to vote another player before it catches momentum, while complaining about how much it pains him to unvote KMD.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Seraph: Well then SUCK ON THIS.

Vote: Zoraster
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:13 am

Post by VasudeVa »

That was jokingly snooty, btw. Ever wonder how we'll ever get to properly convey emotions/context over forum posts? >.>
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Ellibereth »

HOOPS
In the past did you lurk more as town or scum.
FLASH OF GREEN
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

VV, please comment on my post 627.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:21 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I have no response because I do not understand.

Lemme see if I got it. Soo, Me, KMD and Hero are all scum and, Hero is bussing me while distancing KMD. Did I get that correct?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:25 am

VasudeVa wrote:I have no response because I do not understand.

Lemme see if I got it. Soo, Me, KMD and Hero are all scum and, Hero is bussing me while distancing KMD. Did I get that correct?
No, actually, I'm trying to assume you're not scum, and I'm trying to help you out of a defensive position if you're town.

In fact, if you're town, Hero might be doing a variation of the classic "FOS:buddy, vote: town."

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:30 am

Post by VasudeVa »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:I have no response because I do not understand.

No, actually, I'm trying to assume you're not scum, and I'm trying to help you out of a defensive position if you're town.

In fact, if you're town, Hero might be doing a variation of the classic "FOS:buddy, vote: town."
Oh, well okay.

Where did Hero FoS: buddy? I only see him commenting about KMD because ooba asked him about KMD.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:35 am

It's not literally an FOS:buddy, but it is in spirit.
Herodotus wrote:
Seraphim wrote:VasudeVa>>zoraster>>Hoopla
Same. But I still think KMD is scum.
He's voting you, claims to be willing to vote zoraster and Hoopla, yet he brings up KMD quite forcefully. And KMD is doing pretty good with the lurking so far, with slight pressure from Elmo (and maybe others I didn't notice).

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:35 am

The above is only valid if VV is town.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:36 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Excellent point.

Vote: Hero
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:44 am

Just iso'd KMD.

He does reek of anaerobically rotting lurker scum.

MPR lurked his way to victory in GoW. I'm traumatized. I can see KMD trying to pull that off.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Hoopla »

Ellibereth wrote:HOOPS
In the past did you lurk more as town or scum.
You've played with me as both alignments - I think you can answer that question. I don't want to claim any town credit for my play, because I am embarassed with it so far. I'm trying to diagnose why it is happening this way, because in the last 6 months, I've been really happy with how I have been playing. I want to try and rectify this quicksmart, because I know a deadline is looming. Give me tonight.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Only remember once as scum and recently saw someone say you were more active as town.
Just checking. :P
FLASH OF GREEN
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:15 am

Post by populartajo »

VLA for a couple of days. Full opinions with a couple of caught scum when I come back.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Seraphim »

VasudeVa wrote:@Seraph: Well then SUCK ON THIS.

.......?

Your play confounds me.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:47 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Seraphim wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:@Seraph: Well then SUCK ON THIS.

.......?

Your play confounds me.
You said that I was wagoning to get someone lynched. I was proving you wrong. (Then hero comes along etc.)
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

But dude, it doesn't work that way. Besides backtracking on the point you were trying to make, you still want Hoopla lynched, unless you're backtracking on that too and saying "well whoops! Maybe I don't want her lynched after all." Not to mention you are trying to "conform" to try and throw off my scum view of you, which is obviously "cramping your style", so to speak, and holding up your scum-hunting ability, if it exists at all, as you have described it.

...maybe you are too stupid to be scum. I will have to consider this development.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:07 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Yes to backtracking. I liked ekiM's points on Hoopla. If she really does hide in her shell when she gets pressured as Town, then okay.

"Conforming" to your standards is not the main goal. I just put your name up there because you are wrong and I wanted to make fun of your wrongness. I wanted to wagon on zoraster to see what happens(And gather info etc. etc.). Then I thought DGB's points on Hero were good so there.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 am

Post by ooba »

Zoraster > VasudeVa >>> Hoopla
I will not be voting Hoopla today.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Vote Zoraster

Clearly no one is as interested in Hero as I am.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Elmo »

I think Hero is town here, fwiw.
Seraphim wrote:...maybe you are too stupid to be scum. I will have to consider this development.
Lủlz. You should totally interact with me concerning him, because the lurking is the only thing I see as legit. I think I've only seen him once, but
sans
meta he just looks mostly null to me.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Just iso'd KMD. He does reek of anaerobically rotting lurker scum.
Correct. KMD remains a decent lynch for this reason alone, imo - but (although I usually hate this argument) not particularly informative, considering. Wagoning him is probably a good start to Day 2.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Rhinox »

spyrex wrote:Uhhh

Yea. It's pretty clear that it wasn't a "random" sampling and even you yourself make mention of it. Which is super awesome considering you were in that list.

Me Grimlock no like post. Not at all.
I never said the names were random. I argued that the group of {players who were prodded} was not the same as the group of {players who are lurking}. I thought I covered that in this post?
spyrex wrote:Rhinox, one of the illustrious group called out, proceeds to snipe about any "random" list (hint: it wasn't random) and the statistics behind it (hint: those don't matter in this case) and then even go so far as to say being prodded != lurking != being scum.

Yea, I don't make sense. My bad.
Now you're just misrepping me.
Vasu wrote:prev-edit: @Rhinox: Well, I can't just blindly agree to my mislynch now, can I? Also, where did I 'take offense' from the wagon?
You're clearly annoyed with the votes you've received based on your replies.
mith wrote:I'd like everyone, if they haven't already, to express a preference between the three leading wagons. Go. (Hoopla>>>zoraster>VasudeVa)
I'm not seeing why zoraster is earning votes, but maybe I've missed that part of the thread.

I'm leaning towards agreeing with the Vasu = VI theory.

Hoopla hasn't done anything to make me not want to lynch her. I'm still not sure about her play. Doesn't seem typical town or scum. I'm stumped.

I'm not really thrilled with lynching any of the 3 of them. Hoopla>Vasu>Zoraster if I was forced to pick.
VasudeVa wrote:
Vote Zoraster

Clearly no one is as interested in Hero as I am.
Jeez, you couldn't even give it 2 hours since voting for him to wait for replies?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”