Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

I'm on a pretty hectic schedule now, so this'll be short and sweet (relatively.)

@don_johnson
: I've already made some posts about my flawed arguments; however, you seem to be utterly convinced that I am scum in that you completely ignored my posts. I'll try to explain myself, not so much to get you off my tail as to explain my odd behavior to others. You have a strong "alpha player" vibe about you, and I'd much prefer
not
to be run over by a bandwagon, thank you very much! :nerd:
don_johnson wrote:yeah. so anyway, i think i'm sticking with my kai vote.
kaiveran wrote:Whether Mysterio is Town or Scum, it would not be reasonable for scum to counterclaim. In fact, it might not make sense for Mysterio to be scum at all. As pointed out before, if the 3 real masons all counterclaim, that means that we've got Mysterio pinned as scum.
^^ please note the hypnotic subconscious suggestiveness here reinforcing the entirely false theory that all three masons would need to counterclaim in order to trap mysterio. this reads to me much like Agar's posts, which if you go back through them, mention multiple scum teams a number of times and also try to cast doubt on the claim through whatever means are available.
See the first portion of my response to you in #225. You know, the one you dismissed as trash? I assessed the hole in my logic. There's actually some content there, but you chose to take my change of opinion on andrew out of it and nothing else. Being highly opinionated is one thing, but strawmanning me is getting a little too ahead of yourself. Besides, buddying up to an accuser is a clear scumtell, which I think is how you view my change of heart on andrew. #1: I took ONE of your stances as my own. Is that
really
enough to peg me as instant scum? #2: I'm not an idiot. Buddying up to your biggest opponent
slaughters
your credibility no matter what side you're on. I don't want that. NOBODY wants that. If you think I'm a moron, that's your issue.

I also don't see
any
significant similarities between my tactics and AgaR's. To you, we have the similarity of being scummy, but little else from what I can see. What exactly is your point? It seems like you're suggesting that I'm Xite's Mafiabuddy (what with AgaR, the Werewolf, taking the opposite route.)
don_johnson wrote:he ends this post with an FoS on xite. sorry, but why is he focused on the then either/or fallacy of having to choose a side in the day 1 argument. seriously, he brings nothing new to the table, just weighs his options and goes after xite. but wait. he doesn't vote. he uses a lame ass FoS.

this is in contrast to nopoint's simple vote. noppoint, we now know, is town. he shows no fear of the xite bandwagon.
I seriously thought there were more votes on Xite. I explicitly said this. I don't understand how my post had
nothing
new. Who said that I had to revolutionize the argument, anyway?
John the Don wrote:in 138 xite points out the fence sitting of kai and votes him. one of the best ways for scum to throw town off their scent is to actually scumhunt. and scum know who the scum are, so they generally can get their votes in the right place.

in 140, Agar seems to take issue with kai. which is odd, because Agar recently stated that Kai's posts were satisfactory. seems like Agar is trying to have it both ways with Kai.
Again, it seems like you're attempting to pin me as the last Mafioso. I want to take issue with you, but I really can't. You have solid reasoning behind most of your claims and don't abuse hindsight, but your arrogance and overconfidence rub me the wrong way and seems to cause you to overlook things. These are more like pet peeves than genuine issues, however, so you look like the ever-so-popular alpha townie. Still, you're antagonizing a townie hardcore and I just wanted this opportunity to set things straight, as people are apt to follow someone like you. I know I haven't been thinking things through. Even if I get lynched, it won't be too much of a setback. Hell, you could even consider it the penalty for my crappy playing.

It's getting a little late for a school night. I'm hitting the showers. More in the morning.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by andrew94 »

errr arrogance and overconfidence?
overlooked what things

how is he a popular alpha townie
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

a2rudeboy wrote:
also, will be back to present my case on CA

still waiting on this.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Mysterio »

Shotty wagon needs more votes. rudeboy is non-existent from this game and should probably be replaced. @Kai, who exactly do you plan on voting for? I think don's case against you was actually pretty good, which is probably why your defense consists mostly of discrediting don rather than answering his accusations.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

I'm up for either a Shotty or andrew lynch, Myst.

Andrew hasn't made any substantial contributions and is continuing the parade of pointless questions well into today, and seems to be trying to get townie points by getting behind popular figures on the sneak (such as when he soft-defends don_johnson above). If he's so dense and/or inattentive to
really
need that much explanation behind every little thing, then he shouldn't be playing this game anyway.

Shotty is a textbook lurker, doesn't contribute anything, and just rides on others' suspicions; extremely shifty and (as per his legacy) generally useless. A vote from me would put him at L-1, too, although with scum pretty much against the wall, I doubt it would serve any purpose other than to kill him quicker.
Mysterio wrote:I think don's case against you was actually pretty good, which is probably why your defense consists mostly of discrediting don rather than answering his accusations.
I don't deny that he has a good case against me. I explicitly stated that I found the reasoning behind his claims to be pretty good, including the ones on me. also, note that I
have
responded to his accusations the previous day (when he made most of them.) He just decided to ignore most of my responses because he was (apparently) already sure of his position and just commented on what supported his accusations. I pointed this out, among other things, in my above post, but it looks like he's ignoring that as well. His mind's all made up it seems.

I'm a townie (as far as I know). I've tried to be a productive member of the town, but it looks like I've played myself into a bit of a hole. I didn't think straight early on, and my crappy playing might just cost me my life. I'm ready to accept that, if need be, as a developing player of mafia. I'd much rather someone else be lynched (
especially
someone I find suspicious), but I think that's somthing that can apply to all of us.

On the others: a2rudeboy and smashbros are definitely prime candidates for replacement. bv310 could afford to show his face more as well.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Ehhh, now that I review a bit...

I balk at the thought of hammering myself further into the mold of a wagon rider, but given the aforementioned lynching preference, I think this is the best course of action.

Vote: Doctormyshotgunisinfirm

For great justice.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by andrew94 »

you have no way of knowing don johnson is a townie...
the only way you can know is if you are mafia/werewolf.

youre definitely the next lynch bro
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Andrew-

You are getting scummier and scummier by the day. "You have no way of knowing" ... perhaps my comprehension is a little down this late at night, but I don't think I saw Kai (who I think you are referring to?) as saying he
knows
dj is a townie. It's a question of syntax here. Yes, no one knows the true alignments of who is town except mafia and werewolves. Even those groups don't know everything, because there's at least one scum left on each side.

And I don't think anyone, save a cop role (which we don't have), would be as stupid enough to say they know x and x is town, as it would be a horribly obvious scumtell. I think even newer players would know to avoid that one.

If Kai's the next lynch, why aren't you voting now?

Scummyscumscumscum.

I was going to post my case on CA (will do, if you guys still want it), but for now, I see the scummiest side as going..

vote: andrew

Kai-

Knowingly put dr at l-1?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by andrew94 »

he said 'i can see don as a townie... blah alpha townie... blah you look like the ever-so-popular alpha townie.'

read please

i said hes the NEXT lynch. todays lynch is drmyshotty.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by andrew94 »

dude post the case on ca, stop saying your gonna post it and never post it, lurker
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by andrew94 »

ur argument is based on why dont i vote kai, i already said hes 2morrow's lynch so your argument is void
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

smashbro, 281 wrote:I have strong suspicions of Confid at the moment. He joins the Xite wagon for only one post, and switches his vote to AGar. Xite repeated suggests voting for Confid, with a weak case, and doesn't vote for Confid. I see him as Xite's buddy, and so I will vote him soon, but I'm not going to check the votecount at the moment, so it will wait.
This post is bad. When I voted Xite, I was the second person to do so. That's not really "joining the wagon." The point about Xite is fairly valid (nothing I can really say about that), but the "i'm not going to check the votecount" comment is kind of fishy. It's only been day 2 for a page or so, and your already displaying caution about hammering? Overcautious scum, perhaps? Or possibly waiting for others to vote for this player?

Unvote, Vote: smashbro

andrew94 wrote:dude post the case on ca, stop saying your gonna post it and never post it, lurker
I want to see this case so I can bandwagon on it too.

Don't really like this post, but it could be a playstyle thing.

Imma try to reread the thread. There are a couple of things I want to check up on. I'll let you know if they come to fruition.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

please post the confid case.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:14 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Andrew- My case is based on your incredible tunneling, your abrasive playstyle (i dont know if you always play the VI or are just being an asshole really), and things other people have already brought up. Why would you tell someone they were the next day's lynch? That doesn't even seem logical

You used this paraphrasing as evidence: "'i can see don as a townie... blah alpha townie... blah you look like the ever-so-popular alpha townie.'"

I agree with what Kai is saying. Don_johnson is playing very much like the type of town player who is at the forefront of questioning, attacking, and scumhunting. I've seen this type of player get attacked far too often for being (what was seen as) over-anxious, get lynched, and of course turn up town. So, for now, I'm going to tend to think he's town. I don't KNOW he's town because he hasn't claimed, but that's what i believe.

CA-
isogogogo!

posts 1-2 : standard beginning of the game stuff
post 3: rapidfire bandwagon ending on agar. votes himself in the middle. possible distancing technique? no one would take the post seriously, after all
4-6: AtE? Ehh whatever not much here...
7-8: more jokes, tries to start the AGar wagon officially
9: votes xite rather early in the bandwagon, easy for scum to jump in in the early/middle parts of the wagon without too much attention, seeing that xite is going to be targeted by the masons trying to distance himself. note: also FoS on AG
10: based on theory argument, switches his vote back to AGar. at this point has established as someone who was against xite for a little while, then turned around and went back to his seemingly tunneling on Agar, which may or may not be mostly based on previous games at this point. true, ag flipped werewolf, but there wasnt enough info floating around at this point for him to seem that scummy. also, doesn't seem too upset at the possibility of losing a town pr.
11: retraction, another unvote. at this point we are halfway through his iso, and the tally is (including RVS so feel free to judge as needed) : 8 votes, 2 FoS. Every post seems to vote or unvote.
12: Ahh ok, here we go. Actual content.
ConfidAnon wrote: I don't see anything particularly scumlike or townlike from Xite's response. When Mysterio pressured it, Xite got frustrated due to the fairly baseless attack on him, hence the exasperated, kind of flailing posts. The fact that a lot of people are jumping on Xite for barely anything makes me think there are scum on the wagon.
Yes, there was scum on the wagon before, but you got off quick enough in time to make this post. This post reeked to me of trying to distance everyone from the Mysterio/Xite argument, as a simple case of town v town. True, as dj said, most times there is an argument like this on d1 that turns up both people as town. In this post, you both buddy up to the un cc'd mason and try to deflect the heat off of Xite a little. This seems like a perfect combo of moves for Xite's scum buddy. We could say that Xite was flailing due to baseless attacks...but we know now that that's not the case.

You then drop another vote on AGar, largely based on meta. You are doing a sort of rapid flailing of your own at this point, dropping votes and unvotes and FoS all over the place. Scummy.

post 13:
ConfidAnon wrote: Sorry about the activity. It will definitely get better.
More AtE.
A little bit of analysis, some valid points, not much here. Keeps the pressure on AG, while trying to argue that it isn't solely based on meta.

14:Smashbro's town read on Xite is wavering, CA calls him scummy. CA also asks that Johnson do a read through of the thread instead of just voting whoever the top lynch candidate is (not a problem, standard) but also feels the need to again state how he thinks Xite isn't scum.

15: vote change to bv, gives a little analysis. largely seems to be voting an active lurker.

16:nothing new. xite=town

17:Says Agar would be the one more likely to go for xite being town, out of a possible Werewolf team of AGar/SSS. Not quite sure what to make of it, but it definitely doesn't seem all kosher. Thinks the wagon was scum-powered, yet he was one of the first on the wagon. Votes bv again, despite his vote already being there. A little careless?

18: switches vote again to dj.

At this point, just about everyone in the town is ready to vote xite. DJ drops the hammer. CA is the only one who strongly believes Xite's innocence, the flip comes up, and he's wrong.

19: again a quick vote. tries to say he didn't join the bandwagon on xite, since he was only the second person on. you definitely helped start it though, and then went as far as you possibly could to distance yourself from it once it gained traction.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Also- bv is lurking just as much as I or SSS or anyone else is. I don't know why he's seemed to mostly avoid suspicion for that.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Kaiveran »

a2rudeboy wrote:Kai-

Knowingly put dr at l-1?
Yep, but now I've got the better suspect.

andrew, your case on me is a joke. I don't
know
that don is a townie. Nobody knows who is and isn't a townie at this point. All anyone can do is suspect and deduce. I
think
don is a townie from the way he plays. You even acknowledge this unconsciously in your next post, despite your crude "paraphrasing"...
andrew94 wrote:he said '
i can see
don as a townie... blah alpha townie... blah
you look like
the ever-so-popular alpha townie.'

read please

i said hes the NEXT lynch. todays lynch is drmyshotty.
Here you manage to contradict your own idiotic argument. Also, if you find me so scummy, why aren't you voting now? Why wait until shotty is out of the way? So when the public no longer has him to deal with and sentiment turns against me, you can bandwagon against me the next day?

I doubt you're as clueless as you've been letting on. Looks like you're trying to stay under the radar and manipulate things to your favor, but it isn't working.

Vote: andrew94
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Kaiveran »

@Mod: prod for bv310 and smashbros, please?

also rudeboy, your case on CA has some interesting points, but I don't have time to examine it in detail. I'll be back later this evening.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 6: Whee!

drmyshottyizsik (3): BV310, andrew94, Mysterio
don_johnson (1): drmyshottyizsik
Kaiveran (1): don_Johnson
Andrew94 (2): a2rudeboy, Kaiveran
SotSSS (1): ConfidAnon

Not voting (1): SotSSS

bv is prodded
SotSSS will be prodded at midnight.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is eventually
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

@ Mod I will be V/La friday through sunday I'm having surgery
#freeShotty
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by bv310 »

/prodded. I'll get a catchup done tomorrow morning, after work. Sorry guys, my bosses decided that my last week in this damn place needs to be my busiest week. 6 days of 12:00 am shifts kinda reduce my ability to play Mafia. Tomorrow's my last midnight shift, so I should be able to be a little more active after that.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i will support the shotty wagon, but i'm not putting him to L-1 until those promising content actually post it. i'd rather kai, but there is no support.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

don_johnson wrote:xite's too easy.

remember: two nightkills. scum teams don't win together. if we get it wrong, scum can get it right, or vice versa, or we can get it right
and
scum can get it right.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:yes you hammer and I will Prod the Mod and tell him we have a lynch
don_johnson wrote:deal.

unvote, vote: xite
This is a scummy few posts. Don's willing to vote only when he is told to, and trying to avoid voting Xite in the first place. Also, Dr.shot isn't doing much to help the town. I believe that one of them is scum or werewolf, but probably not both. In my experience playing with him, don usually does things like that, so it's not out of his character to make that move, even if it was a bit scummy.

Shotty has done little during Day 2, and seemed to act a bit scummy on Day 1 also, so I will support that wagon/lynch. Also, Confid seems suspicious to me between Mysterio's post and my post suggesting Confid as scum. Don seems townie to me at the moment, and Kai is also. Andrew seems like town, just not posting as much as the other two. bv seems to be acting sketchy, but I'd like to see more before deciding. And Mysterio claimed mason, with no counter claims.

i got ninja'd, so I see don's point about not moving shotty to L-1. I'll hold off on the vote, but will put it on once more people post.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I thought xite was scum so I asked for a vote, I was right. Now whether don was bussing idk, maybe
#freeShotty
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by andrew94 »

don didnt have to vote, it was kinda you pressuring him to vote or something.

@kai so your suspicisions on drmyshooty completely disappered and instead replaced on me when i stated you were the targets for day3's lynch? huge omgus i see there. i already explained shotty is more sus than you, so there is no need to reinforce why my vote is not on you
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by andrew94 »

a further point. kai is making little amounts of posts but each post is huge and about 20%-50% of the stuff is not relevant

kai said:I doubt you're as clueless as you've been letting on. Looks like you're trying to stay under the radar and manipulate things to your favor, but it isn't working.
how am i clueless? and im not under the radar either, unlike you who post long but little posts- thats hiding under the radar

Return to “Completed Open Games”