NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Wraith »

Wickedestjr wrote:I could support a Furcolow lynch. There are several good reasons to lynch him:

*Recently his posting in the last few pages has looked very bad.

*He is an annoying distraction imo.

*His lynch will provide a lot of information.

*He's claimed to be a Vanilla Townie and bandwagoning somebody else to a claim might not be a good idea today.

...However, I am not ready to end the day yet. Also, I think Wraith is town. I don't want to lynch him.
I'll clarify/restate why I want to lynch him. My reasons are similar to Wicked's. Bolded are my reasons I agree with. He has only been bandwagoning and parroting practically the whole despite my attempts to defend his naturally scummy play. I feel that if people are using those reasons to wagon him he should be changing his play to a more pro-town style, but he hasn't. The second I have stated many times, although I believed we should vig kill him instead, because of the reason slashed out, which I disagree with. I've already said that I believe his lynch won't provide any info, unless he does in fact flip scum. If he flips town everyone on the wagon can say "I voted for him because he was scummy" which is a true/believable statement considering his play. I don't think we can look at anyone on this wagon aside from myself and analyze whether they were bussing/using craplogic to mislynch Furc.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Orochi
Orochi
Townie
Orochi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Orochi »

Alrighty, after rereading this thread enough times to try and get my bearings (and cause myself a headache), a few quick thoughts.

1: I don't mind a Frank lynch, for many and various reasons, the most pressing of which is that one post somewhere in here where he actually outright tries to make a pro and con list on lynching a claimed cop. That said, I‘d like a chance to more actively contribute myself, and see the others on the inactive list with me join in before it happens.

2: I would prefer Robb, or possibly Hiphop as a lynch over Frank. Most of that stems from Post #304 Where Robb responds to Wraith’s ISO post on hiphop. It seems like an attempt to discredit Wraith’s read without actually trying to discredit it, what with the whole “yeah, I kinda agree, but coming from you it all looks very OMGUS, and I don‘t really agree with you because he‘s not under the radar” deal. He flips from agreeing with Wraith here, to downplaying the value of his read, to disagreeing with his conclusion in the same three line post. It feels off, and somewhat awkward, and I’m getting a feeling that if Robb flipped scum Hiphop might too.

Also, while it’s all ongoing game stuff and I ain‘t going to go throwing links around, that last post of Robb’s waving off Frank as putting up a pity post is wrong, because I’m in another game where he’s posted the same “can’t focus on Mafia” message. Maybe in that case Robb didn’t feel the need to check up on things, but at the same time, it appears to be a valid post from Frank, because he’s posting it in multiple games.

All in all, not liking Robb’s play since his arrival.

Vote: Robb

3: Kise’s lack of posting in particular annoys me. Then again, though he doesn’t know it, I actually play at the same place as him offsite. He hasn’t been around there much in the last few days either, though, so I don’t know how much to read into his lack of appearance here. That said, what little he has posted here has raised my eyebrows a little. He’s generally less weird than that from what I know of him (though not by much), and that‘s about as much meta as I‘ve got to go with as a player in this game.

4: I’m generally reading null on most people I haven’t mentioned, though I’m getting town vibes from three or four, that shall for the time being, remain nameless. I generally don’t like to share town reads.

5: Being Scottish myself, the “No True Scotsman” jargon makes me laugh, a lot.

Trying to get properly up to speed, but those are some initial reactions.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Furcolow »

xite is fucking scum
are you all fucking crazy?
im a townie

amateurs
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote
vote xite
unvote
vote xite

seriously you guys
can't you tell when someone is manipulating you to mislynch?
Do what you all think is best. One is really advised to not lynch me. Chat about it. Think about what you all are doing here........ Or don't. Really doesn't matter to me
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Furcolow »

pardon my language, i've had a rough couple of days.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Wraith »

THe problem is that Xite has been trying, or appears to have been trying. You haven't, you have just been a distraction. TBH I think that when you're gone there will be less one-liners/spam to wade through and less rage against the Furc that is clouding everyone's scumdars.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Furcolow »

when I'm gone town will lose.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Wraith wrote:THe problem is that Xite has been trying, or appears to have been trying. You haven't, you have just been a distraction. TBH I think that when you're gone there will be less one-liners/spam to wade through and less rage against the Furc that is clouding everyone's scumdars.
the problem here is he HAS to try, because he is scum.
I don't have to try to appear town
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

How about this: If you flip town, I'll take a chunk of time out to make a study on Xite. If you flip scum, I'll just check to see if Xite might have been bussing.

And it's far too early for one mislynch to destroy the town's hopes, even if you'r a PR (which I suspect you're trying to imply). If you're a PR you've played it terribly and you need to change up your play for future games.

The AtE also doesn't help.

Preview Edit: You have to try to not appear to be scum, an effort from you which has been dismal.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Wraith »

And also, IMO the scum don't HAVE to try. The more scum post, the more likely they are to slip up. A scum player who tries to manipulate the town takes a huge risk and is confident in his skills to appear townie. A lurker scum or a scum that only posts once in while with little to say is more common IMO.
Show

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Furcolow wrote:xite is fucking scum
are you all fucking crazy?
im a townie

amateurs
I lol'd
You know, I'd welcome you getting a wagon against me, because when I flip town, you'll be lynched for sure tomorrow. But then again, I could just get you lynched today, since you're scum and all and that way we don't just lose a day. Sides, if your buddies listen, I'll be gone by tomorrow anyways :P

@Wraith: I don't have to try anything. I'm not worried about getting lynched, as long as I get my ideas out there. Also, he's said he's a VT, hasn't he?
@Frank: You're adorable. If I wasn't already engaged onsite, I'd totally ask you to marry me :P
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Also, lets please not start a WIFOM battle, save it for the mafia discussion thread
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Furcolow »

If I was scum, why the hell would I have posted walls of text accusing danakillsu? That is not how I play as scum.

I am not going to flip, because people will begin to realize that I am town. I wouldn't even be posting nearly as much as I am this game if I wasn't under such pressure. There are probably scum on my wagon, so we would have a better chance of lynching scum if we used an RNG to randomly pick someone off my wagon than lynching me, because I am not going to be flipping christmas colors

@ preview edit to xite:

I could say the same thing to you, pal. If you REALLY ARE TOWN, you should unvote me, as I REALLY AM TOWN.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Furcolow »

what the fuck do you want me to do to prove to you that i'm not fucking mafia and that i want to win this game through analysis and scumhunting? That's what I want to do. I'm not going to do fucking work, though, if I'm not going to get paid for it.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

What does WIFOM mean :<.
Also
Unvote, vote Furcolow

Your desperate.
Your starting to use defense like if I die the town loses, I am so townie, Xite is so mafia.
With your lynch Furcolow, if you flip townie, those on your wagon or those who pushed your wagon may have something to worry about.
But by your play style, I highly doubt that.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Furcolow wrote:If I was scum, why the hell would I have posted walls of text accusing danakillsu? That is not how I play as scum.

I am not going to flip, because people will begin to realize that I am town. I wouldn't even be posting nearly as much as I am this game if I wasn't under such pressure. There are probably scum on my wagon, so we would have a better chance of lynching scum if we used an RNG to randomly pick someone off my wagon than lynching me, because I am not going to be flipping christmas colors

@ preview edit to xite:

I could say the same thing to you, pal. If you REALLY ARE TOWN, you should unvote me, as I REALLY AM TOWN.
First, Stop the self-meta PLOX. It's starting to hurt my head. I don't really use all that much player meta in the first place, and I'm not going to start now. I'm basing my opinions of you on you IN THIS GAME.
Now that that's settled, if you're town PROVE IT. Guess what you haven't done ALL GAME???

The only reason I would even would start to consider you as town is because I recently saw a flip that follows this game pretty well, in which case we were both town, thing is, even if you ARE town (which I HIGHLY doubt you are), there are two amazing reasons to lynch you anyways

1) You would shut the hell up. Sorry if this is insulting, but I'm getting tired of trying to sort through the useless shit in this game and a lot of it is coming from you.
2) The many people that have interacted with you and the people on your wagon WILL be an indicator of their faction. I promise, if you're town, you will not die in vain, but you will die. (2 also works for scum, except the promise part)

Granted, I would hate a lynch on any townie, but it's going to happen eventually, and I don't see it being D1 if we lynch you, Frank

Furcolow wrote:what the fuck do you want me to do to prove to you that i'm not fucking mafia and that i want to win this game through analysis and scumhunting? That's what I want to do. I'm not going to do fucking work, though, if I'm not going to get paid for it.
I really don't think you want me to answer this post, because I'm doing everything I can NOT to be an asshole
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Bunnylover wrote:What does WIFOM mean :<.
Also
Unvote, vote Furcolow

Your desperate.
Your starting to use defense like if I die the town loses, I am so townie, Xite is so mafia.
With your lynch Furcolow, if you flip townie, those on your wagon or those who pushed your wagon may have something to worry about.
But by your play style, I highly doubt that.
WIFOM means Wine in Front of me, it's that thing like in the princess bride, where he has the two glasses, and one of them is supposed to have poison in it, which starts the whole, well you're too cowardly to put it in front of you, so it must be in my glass, but then again you knew I would think that, so it could be in front of you, and so on and so forth
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Wraith »

@bunnylover: What Xite didn't mention about WIFOM is that it's almost always bad, because it just confuses and convolutes things, and therefore it is often used by scum.
Show

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote:
vote: bunnylover

you are bandwagonning scum
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Wraith »

Furcolow wrote:
unvote:

If really want to prove your innocence, you need to stop doing blatant and stupid OMGUS like this. Almost every time someone new votes for you you change your vote to them.
Show

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Furcolow wrote:
unvote:

Most of your opinions are voided when you flip scum :).
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Furcolow wrote:
unvote:

Probably true, but you are flailing scum.

Gonna try and read through some more tomorrow...been busy elsewhere, tho I have been able to skim here and there on my hot htc evo phone!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Furcolow wrote:when I'm gone town will lose.
OMG,, this is the post I always wait for.

Really? we are going to lose cause we lynch you? how is that exactly?

you claimed a vanilla townie, you serve no purpose but providing your opinions on who scum is, yet you even admit yourself that you need to change your stlyle, and you call Xcite an amateur? :eek:

and this town is going to lose without me, is such a lame attempt, I can honestly say I have NEVER used that line, even when I have been scum.

I have been lynched as a backup cop cause nobody believed me and I still never threw out that garbage line.

if you really are trying to save yourself you are doing a horrible job at it
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Xite91 »

@Rob, totally off topic, but it's Xite, pronounced Zite, it's a peeve of mine to have it any other way :P
Anyways, at this point I'm just waiting for the ====[ ]
Because hunting will not get any further until that happens
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Robbnva »

oops my bad good sir, i'll try and not do that anymore.

Can I just call you X?
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”