NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Lowell »

I like how everyone knows the maxim of "don't direct the cop", yet every game someone feels the need to breathlessly mention it, as if any cop, despite also knowing said maxim (and probably being an egotistical douche), wouldn't already know he wasn't going to be directed anyway by some random chatter. High drama.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:16 am

Post by singersigner »

Lowell wrote:I like how everyone knows the maxim of "don't direct the cop", yet every game someone feels the need to breathlessly mention it, as if any cop, despite also knowing said maxim (and probably being an egotistical douche), wouldn't already know he wasn't going to be directed anyway by some random chatter. High drama.
Dana's a silly cop. He'll investigate whoever he wants, and I would hope that he wouldn't just take the word of one person telling him to investigate one person. Just putting that out there.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Xite91 »

Robbnva wrote:okay I was able to get a short internet connection, after the vanilla townie claim(which I am still not so sure of) I decided to look at the other people who had votes on them, specifically Mysterio and Porochaz., I noticed every single vote by Poro had no valid reason for it, even looking at his posts I still did not see anything of value as to why he found people scummy.

Another clue for me was when he was accused of being the Godfather, he did not deny it, he danced around it and asked if he did any research. In my experiences whenever somebody is accused of something, failure to deny first is usually a red flag.

example

Mom: I saw you steal the cookie
kid: are you sure you saw me and not somebody else - a better response is to just DENY it first. "No mom I did not steak the cookie"
Mom: yes it was you

to use it here

Kise: You are Godfather
Poro: did you do research or you talking out your ass - (this is not a denial, this is trying to dig into seeing of Kise actyally has any info that proves he is bad, and this to me is scummy)

so i will let the VT live a litte longer(if that is indeed what he is, and the fact that Xite has now opened up his mind to Hammer wraith if need be should be a red flag to some of you out there)

I don't care what anyone says and if I get lynched or killed because of it I will take it to my grave this comment
Xite91 wrote:
Wraith wrote:Nobody has figured out my claim yet? I've implied like fifty times that I'm just a VT.
Okay, because of this post right here (and the fact that it throws out quite a bit of my theory on him) this is me expressing my intent to hammer if I cannot get a lynch on robbie.
is SCUMMY AS ALL FUCKING HELL.

off to work now.

Vote porochaz
dancing around an accusation instead of denying is classic scummy behavior
First, Poro is probably still town if you flip scum, but nice try.
Second, Really? You're going to say that him not denying a rather silly claim means that he's actually guilty of said claim? Wow.
Third, me expressing my intent to hammer based on the fact that I probably won't get my desired lynch today and him claiming VT ruined part of my reason for clearing him is not scummy as all fucking hell.
Fourth, if you think I'm scum, get me lynched, that's how the game goes, but instead you go after poro (someone that's getting a good amount of attention, no less) ignore mystie (the other person getting attention) and don't vote the person you think is scum. That, sir, is scummy as all hell.
Fifth, just want to clarify that I feel I'll be the NK tonight, especially if everyone's saying "investigate xite, make sure we're not following scum." If you think I'm scum, vote me, make a case on me, and maybe we'll have a good argument going, but don't direct the cop to investigate me so that you know whether or not I'm town, that's just opening you up for bad things. Also, lets try not to do this, k?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP
Gorrad wrote:No directing the Gorram cop! D X
I love you for this
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount 2.14

Wraith [7] (Gorrad, Mysterio, Benmage, ConfidAnon, danakillsu, Bunnylover, Reck)

Mysterio [5] (Flinter, Singersigner, @.@, Wraith, hiphop)
Prozac [4] (Shanba, Kise, Lowell, Rob)
Hiphop [1] (Prozac)
UltimaAvalon [1] (UltimaAvalon)
Flinter [1] (Wickedestjr)
Robbnva [1] (Xite)

Not Voting [1] (My Milked Eek)

With 21 alive it will take 11 for a lynch and 11 for a no lynch.

Deadline: Friday September 17th, 2010, 9:00 PM MST. This deadline is negotiable by a majority vote.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I would also like to point out that there is in fact a deadline, in case any of you aren't reading votecounts for whatever reason. Direct yourself to rules 8, 9, and 14 if you need clarification on how my deadlines/lynches work. Pay special attention to rule 9, as I know many mods have different rules for what happens at deadline.

In other news, I'm prodding Bunnylover and mysterio. ConfidAnon hasn't picked up his prod, and I am currently looking for a replacement. @.@ is LA as of right now. If you have any other specific requests, speak now.

Edit: Confid has a V/LA on the 10th to the 11th in his sig, I'll give him a bit more time to return because of it.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Bunnylover »

No need for that prod, I am still here.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Fair enough. Saves me some work.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:30 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Robbnva wrote:Another clue for me was when he was accused of being the Godfather, he did not deny it, he danced around it and asked if he did any research. In my experiences whenever somebody is accused of something, failure to deny first is usually a red flag.

example

Mom: I saw you steal the cookie
kid: are you sure you saw me and not somebody else - a better response is to just DENY it first. "No mom I did not steak the cookie"
Mom: yes it was you
This is so fucking stupid I don't even know where to start.
Lowell wrote:I like how everyone knows the maxim of "don't direct the cop", yet every game someone feels the need to breathlessly mention it, as if any cop, despite also knowing said maxim (and probably being an egotistical douche), wouldn't already know he wasn't going to be directed anyway by some random chatter. High drama.
Are we playing the same game?
Beginning of Day 2 wrote:Oh, hey guys, Dana here. You know, the claimed cop? Hey, remember that guy you told me to investigate? Well, he died. But I investigated him anyway. He was Town, but you guys knew that already. kbai
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:41 am

Post by danakillsu »

singersigner wrote:
Dana's a silly cop. He'll investigate whoever he wants, and I would hope that he wouldn't just take the word of one person telling him to investigate one person. Just putting that out there.
Why am I a silly cop? I've only investigated one person and it made sense. And I for sure wouldn't allow myself to be directed now that EVERYONE has said not to direct me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:43 am

Post by flinter »

Flameaxe wrote:In other news, I'm prodding Bunnylover and mysterio.
typical. Mysterio gets under pressure, Mysterio disappears.

Just compare it to Wraith. The more he gets under pressure, the more he posts. If he could just manage to produce a little more interesting things...
please, don't kill me.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh hey, Wraith isn't dead yet.
Mod, I'm going to try to find a replacement for me to help you out. I don't know if I'll ever be able to catch up on this game. I'm really sorry - I got two jobs plus an internship after this game started and I just got too far behind.

Appreciate it.
Last edited by Flameaxe on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
green shirt thursdays
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Bunnylover »

flinter wrote:

Just compare it to Wraith. The more he gets under pressure, the more he posts. If he could just manage to produce a little more interesting things...
Of course a person will post more the more pressure people put on top of him/her, they would want to prove that they aren't scum and convince us that they are townie.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I can edit it though. - Mod
Last edited by Flameaxe on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

wow, thought I was in a different thread. completely non game related
mod can you delete the post?
green shirt thursdays
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:29 am

Post by flinter »

Bunnylover wrote:
flinter wrote:

Of course a person will post more the more pressure people put on top of him/her, they would want to prove that they aren't scum and convince us that they are townie.
Bunny, people don't work that way. Lurking works because you don't get much attention and people then won't vote you. Posting more while under a lot of pressure will only fuel the people tunneling on you.
please, don't kill me.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Gorrad »

xRECKONERx wrote:Actually, I do have a friend in Seattle who I need to go visit.
Quoted for truth.

I want a hands up of anyone who is not voting Wraith and thinks they will be able to get everyone they need on another wagon before Friday. If anyone even THINKS the phrase 'no-lynch' without they predecessor "we don't want a", I will vig you so hard your brains pop.

That is by no means whatsoever a claim in any way, shape, or form.

Size increased because of the sheer number of people who don't read the bloody thread.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Flameaxe »

xRECKONERx wrote:wow, thought I was in a different thread. completely non game related
mod can you delete the post?
Apparently I can only delete my own posts... So I guess not.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:39 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Personally, I'd rather lynch Robbie than Wraith. If Wraith is still the wagon-leader come late Thursday, then that's where I'll put my vote.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Lowell »

OMG gorrad's a vig. Hey gorrad, kill poro. Dana, investigate the vig.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Xite91 »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Personally, I'd rather lynch Robbie than Wraith. If Wraith is still the wagon-leader come late Thursday, then that's where I'll put my vote.
QFT. Moar votes on robbie plox

Lowell wrote:OMG gorrad's a vig. Hey gorrad, kill poro. Dana, investigate the vig.
Wait, lowell, weren't you the doc? protect the cop
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Wraith »

Robb isn't 99% probably scum, only about 75% probable scum. Mysterio is the lynch for today.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Robbnva »

you guys can take my posts and say the way I play is scummy, but I can assure you that I am not. I do not even know how I can convince you of it but I am being 100% straight up, I am not scum and I am 100% town.

right now the points I pointed out for porochaz are valid and if wraith is not the lynch I think he is the one that some of you should direct your attention to.

@Xite - you really should not be so focused on one person, I understand you think I am scummy but that doesn't mean you should give up on finding others and you have. and the way you are pushing a lynch on people you shoudl actually have more than just your hunches because those have been proved wrong with Frank

@ everyone you guys need to be open minded and go back and re-read the thread, take notes, and come up with REAL evidence as to why somebody is possibly scum.

Spaghetti throwing and WIFOM are not scum traits.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by singersigner »

Wraith, if deadline approaches, will you self-hammer (or vote, if you don't have enough votes to be at L-1) if no one else does?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Robbnva wrote:Spaghetti throwing and WIFOM are not scum traits.
When should a Townie use WIFOM or...spaghetti throwing

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”