Newbie 993 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Thian »

oh, okay i totally missed that. scratch that then.
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Chimp Pants »

@Thian: I guess we know you're not the doc. :D
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Thian »

herrrr derrrrpp. nope. not at all. Its why I didn't counter claim, because i know what I am and I'm definately not that.
Games Completed
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Leech »

In before mod lock: (might have a bunch of typographical errors, I'm posting this in a hurry before a flip and thread lock)
Thian wrote:Now Leech cheerleaded Kirbyoshi and is on a potential mislynch. ((leech was tunnelling))
I have not been tunneling. I believe Kirby is scum, but I've also addressed other statements that I'm concerned with. In fact my entire previous post was about you. That is the opposite of tunneling. Also, you are again misrepping this situation. EVERY lynch is a "potential" mislynch unless you know who's town and who isn't. So my "cheerleading a potential mislynch" comment is ridiculous.
Thian wrote:Now that Leech is on a kirbyoshi lynch, Mysterio doesn't seem to want anything to do with a Kirbyoshi lynch because that would link them back up together again as they are working very hard to distance themselves after being linked to the shotty lynch.
I'm working hard to distance from Mysterio? How? Show me where I've done this. Finding people in the game more suspicious than others is not distancing. It's finding other people more scummy.
Thian wrote:Something about Mysterio's post 336 and Leech's response in 337 just seems encouraging to each other and giving Mysterio a friendly soft reminder not to do the FOS and Vote as it looks scummy after they fought about it on day one.
Wow, asking for reasoning why he was voting for someone that he had less of a case on was reminding him not to FoS and vote? What? That doesn't even make sense. If you're going to read my posts, work on your comprehension of them. I was clearly asking for reasoning on the matter, which he later provided. He would not have provided this reasoning had I not asked for it. This is what we call scumhunting. Scumhunting != scum.
Thian wrote: If you are questioning someone, you are questioning them because you feel they are worthy of suspicion and this adds true pressure and produces content for everyone to analyze ((that is scum hunting I have been doing that))
Or you're questioning them because you don't have a read, or you want clarification, or you want to apply pressure... You shouldn't tell other people why they would question someone, you aren't that person. You are trying to make people look scummy, not find out who the scum is in this game.
Thian wrote:Simply typing out a reason why you FOS someone, does not consist of scum hunting. Thats just saying oh, I suspect you.
I think you wrote that backwards? "Scumhunting does not consist of simply typing out a reason why you FOS someone"? Incoherency aside, I actually agree with the message you are saying here. However, you aren't scumhunting either. Trying to make other people look scummy isn't scumhunting. That is attacking, not investigating. Those two things are worlds apart.
Thian wrote:yeah, this is going to really be unfortunate if this doc claim is really true.
That is a premature 'Oh, well that sucks' tell. This comment serves as way to try and disassociate yourself from the guilt of the lynch by stating that stretched sympathy. Had you just voted, I wouldn't have found that scummy. The fact that you chose to include that comment, which is a given, is incredibly scummy.
Thian wrote:Kalimar, I expect the worst ((that he is a doc)) but hope for the best ((that he is scum)).
So he expects that the flip will be a doc flip, but hammers? What? If you expected him to flip scum, and hoped you were right I'd accept that. But the fact that you hammered expecting a doc flip, is ridiculous.
Mysterio wrote:Hammering a claimed doc in order to slip in a deadline lynch is just terrible. We could have just as easily discussed his claim during the next day phase, instead of hammering a potential town PR. Ugh
If he's telling the truth he would be killed in the night. I'm pretty sure we got scum on this one, but even if he flips doc, then his death would have been inevitable. Also, what you're overlooking is that another player soft-claimed earlier in this phase. I'm not going to bring it up incase Kirby does flip town, but if scum noticed it then, Kirby could have been perfectly safe with that claim due to the limited number of setups. If you don't believe a claim, then there is nothing wrong with lynching "claimed PR" because that player could just as easily be lying. You should only hesitate when you actually believe it. Which Thian has stated to have... Hence him being ridiculously scummy at the moment.

Also, PR's don't win the majority of games, sound logic wins games. While PR's can help, the odds of a cop getting a guilty read is slim, as is a doc protecting the right player. So while it is a bad thing to lose a PR, it's not as devastating as people make it out to be. Again, I don't even think this is the case here.
Thian wrote:What motivation would Kirbyoshi have to save star? Star didn't really do anything besides promise more content later for most of the time, and he isn't even over 1 page of content.
Sometimes scum kill the person that a doc would be least likely to save. This is why you will find docs protecting weird choices. Why are you so flip-floppy on your stance? First you expect him to flip scum, and you find his claim genuine, and now you're questioning his choice like you actually think he might be scum?
Thian wrote:Kalimar will have to be looked at next day if Kirbyoshi turns up scum.
If you are town, you need to take a step back and realize just how much damage you are doing to our chances of winning this game. Just like I said about Kirby, comments like these DIRECT NIGHT KILLS. Stop it. Do not setup a potential mislynch in the next phase. You need to start looking at what you post and read it over twice. On the first pass think "How would this actually benefit the town?" The non the second "How could the scum benefit from what I'm saying here?" If you are town, and what you say would benefit scum moreso than the town, you shouldn't post it.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by Leech »

Damn, again really quick...
Chimp Pants wrote:@Thian: I guess we know you're not the doc. :D
Why would you ever consider posting that? Why does it matter to you if Thian's the doc or not? He's not being lynched, so it should not be a concern. If Kirby flips scum, there is a doc in this game, and you are town: Thanks for helping them narrow it down. You guys need to start thinking about what you're posting and the repercussions of posting them. I'm seriously starting to think we're going to lose this game.
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Chimp Pants »

Leech wrote:Why would you ever consider posting that? Why does it matter to you if Thian's the doc or not? He's not being lynched, so it should not be a concern. If Kirby flips scum, there is a doc in this game, and you are town: Thanks for helping them narrow it down. You guys need to start thinking about what you're posting and the repercussions of posting them. I'm seriously starting to think we're going to lose this game.
If Kirby flips scum, the remaining scum still have no idea what the setup is, meaning either/both PRs are still in play, and still Thian's just as likely to be a cop as anyone else. Your scenario also assumes absolute incompetence (or maybe little investment in this game, which could be true) on the part of the remaining scum that they wouldn't notice Thian's misguided comments. While you're right that my comment didn't advance the town's goals (point taken, I got a little chatty), I don't think it advanced scum goals any either.

As far as your general comments go, I think you're being a bit pessimistic here. Your pessimism is predicated on Kirby flipping town, which seems in contradiction to your stated opinions. Why do you suddenly believe that Kirby will flip town?

I would blame any potential D2 failing on the way the entire day came to a halt. If we're wrong, that's what did us in.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Post by Leech »

Chimp Pants wrote:Your scenario also assumes absolute incompetence (or maybe little investment in this game, which could be true) on the part of the remaining scum that they wouldn't notice Thian's misguided comments.
No, it involves scum overlooking matters that won't help them in the game. His comment wouldn't have really been a point of interest until you made it one. First with the quote, then with your followup. It didn't help them, until you allowed it to do so. It's laughable if you actually think that by narrowing down the potential PR list that it didn't advance scum goals. I noticed something earlier that scum would have had a field day with, but I didn't mention it. Until it's brought up, it can't help them. Just to assume that because YOU noticed something that everyone else did as well, is a horrible can-cost-the-town-the-game assumption you should never make.
Chimp Pants wrote:As far as your general comments go, I think you're being a bit pessimistic here. Your pessimism is predicated on Kirby flipping town, which seems in contradiction to your stated opinions. Why do you suddenly believe that Kirby will flip town?
I don't. I'm the one that noticed how scummy Kirby is, while everyone else in this game is determined to make the worst town move possible at every moment. I'm not being pessimistic, you guys are seriously determined to make some of the worst moves possible. The fact that I feel that the town are making these mistakes, not scum, should be all the evidence needed to show that I believe that Kirby will flip scum. I called out two moves that I feel are horrible from different players. With Kirby being scum, both of these players can't be. Therefore one of them has to be town making bad plays. So my pessimism is based on kirby flipping scum and at least one of the two of you making plays are are extremely detrimental to the town.

You are kind of right though, in a different way. If Kirby does flip town, then I will be far more pessimistic about this game than I am now, for obvious reasons. However, that's not even close to what I was implying with my original post. In fact, I think that last comment from you was a pretty far stretch.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by Leech »

Chimp Pants wrote:Your scenario also assumes absolute incompetence
I'm also going to note how that statement almost appears to be from the standpoint that you took offense to what I was saying. Why are you assuming that we don't have an incompetent scum team? Why are you assuming that it's more likely that the scum is involved in this game, rather than uninvolved, when the larger portion of the game has been uninvolved? Why are you assuming, for the sake of argument, that the statistically unlikelier case is the right one?
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Chimp Pants »

Leech wrote:Why are you assuming that we don't have an incompetent scum team? Why are you assuming that it's more likely that the scum is involved in this game, rather than uninvolved, when the larger portion of the game has been uninvolved?
Assuming incompetent scum opens you up for all sorts of WIFOM problems.
Disinterested
scum is a different issue entirely and something that I admitted to in my post.
Chimp Pants wrote:Your scenario also assumes absolute incompetence (or maybe little investment in this game, which could be true) on the part of the remaining scum that they wouldn't notice Thian's misguided comments.
You issue with my statements is fair, but is predicated on me being town. If I'm scum, pointing this out to Thian
doesn't
further scum goals. I still think you are over exaggerating the "damage" caused by those statements anyway.
Leech wrote:It's laughable if you actually think that by narrowing down the potential PR list that it didn't advance scum goals.
I didn't narrow down the potential PR list, only the potential doc list. There's one setup where I could have actually had a detrimental impact on the town, and that again assumes that scum can't or won't read (yet they somehow bothered to read my post). I'll admit that your point is fair- lesson learned- but I think you are being over-dramatic. Assuming Kirby flips scum, a few stray twilight comments means the town will lose? Even after we just lynched scum?
The whole issue becomes irrelevant if Kirby flips doc.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Thian - 1 (Mysterio)

Kirbyoshi - 4 (Leech, Kalimar, Chimp Pants, Thian)
[/color]

Mysterio - 1 (Kirbyoshi)

Not Voting - 1 (startransmission)

4 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

As the darkness gathers, you decide that Kirby is probably a Mafia member. The town carts him off to the village square, where they string him up and discover a To Do list for that evening! Very sinister indeed!

Kirbyoshi,
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched Day 2

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Inconceivable!!! No one died last night! Carry on.

No one was killed Night 2

Day 3 has begun. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Wednesday, October 13.

I still haven't been able to find a replacement for startransmission, so if he has a Night action, I have used random.org to determine on who to apply said action. No metagaming!!!

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

springlullaby replaces startransmission.

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:18 am

Post by springlullaby »

Hi guys,
replacing in startransmission, will be couple of hours before giving my read :)
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Thian »

Okay, no need for Reads.

Guys. I am cop.

first night checked Chimp pants. thats why I buddied him like no ones business on day 2.

Night 2. checked Mysterio.

He is guilty. thats positive. confirmed.

If you need to lynch me this day please do, you will get your role reveal from me and show that I am telling you the truth. So I do not mind a lynch on me today.

but please.

Vote Mysterio he is guilty confirmed.

We will win this guys, please trust me. We will win.

Vote Mysterio
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Thian »

If you guys do need to discuss my role claim then please do so.

Keep the discussion focused on Myself, or Mysterio only. You will only be arguing with other if you focus on anyone else at this point.

If you can't trust me, then please lynch me.
Personally, I don't want to see any more townies dead so please vote with me.
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Thian »

Here is one of Mysterio's posts
He tries to cast suspicion off of Kirbyoshi at the top, and due to activity Mysterio needs help and asks for a prod from the mod.
Then you see him asking questions to everyone, but why does he ask a question to everyone and then make a statement to kirbyoshi. It's like he is telling kirbyoshi he needs to start talking to get himself out of his own mess.
Mysterio wrote:Kirbyoshi looked like prime lurkerscum material to me due to his last post, but I checked his posts and since then he hasn't posted anything site wide in a few days. Now I'm starting to think it's pure lack of activity.

@mod, requesting prod on Kirbyoshi

@Applefarmer, where'd you go?

@Leech, what's your take on Thian and Star?

@Kirbyoshi, respond to the cases against you.

@Star, CAN YOU PLEASE SCUMHUNT NOW? You still haven't voted anyone the entire game. This is getting ridiculous. We have a lot of dead weight which is slowing this game down to a crawl.

also, why didn't he jump on the kirbyoshi bandwagon. He was so eager himself to lynch that Day 1 without a claim, and last night it was different? He didn't want to vote his partner.

that is why it was so fishy to me after seeing him jump on the shotty wagon and lynch without remorse he didn't care one way or another about shotty, but all of a sudden he now doesn't put the hammer down on Kirbyoshi.

sorry leech for pairing you up with Mysterio, no hard feelings.
Games Completed
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Kalimar »

Right, let's see, to be absolutely certain.

Kirby was roleblocker.
We have a mislynch.
Thian is reporting a cop guilty on Mysterio.
If Thian's report is not accurate, we can lynch him the next day safely.
This is confirmed to be a roleblocker setup. Therefore if there is a cop, there must be a doctor too. However fake claiming a guilty now would do Thian no favours.

I do believe all is in order, so
vote Mysterio
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Mysterio »

Real easy to claim cop as a VT at this point just to avoid being lynched. I know I'm town, so that's the only plausible explanation. I don't think he's scum as this would be a pretty worthless gambit. We can either lynch him to get rid of a fakeclaiming VT, or we can lynch Star's replacement. With as much active lurking and lack of scumhunting that Star did, he is a prime candidate for scum given Thian's gambit.

Vote: springlullaby

For now, I'll vote Star's replacement.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Thian »

Mysterio, your vote should be on you, you scummy scummy man you. Voting for Springlullaby? What reason? Just because she is a replacement? Don't distract town.

If you are worried about my claim, then your vote should be on me, not anyone else right now. What happened to your "Thian is scum lynch him and you have scum" theory from Day 2?
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Thian »

and another thing. I am not avoiding being lynched. I actually welcome it just to proove you wrong Mr Maferio.
Games Completed
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Mysterio »

You could still be scum, but if you are then you're pulling a really dumb gambit. If I'm lynched, I'll flip town. At that point you're screwed. Unless the rest of town gets all wishy-washy about lynching a fakeclaimer, you will certainly be lynched. As such, I'm forced to conclude that you're simply a VT who got pegged as scum and so you're trying to save your ass. Unfortunately, you're gambitting against another townie which only makes things worse for us. Think about what you're doing and realize that this is a bad move.

As for springlullaby, just because she's a replacement doesn't erase how Star has played the game up to this point. It may be unlucky to replace into a scum role, but Star's play has consisted of active lurking and zero scumhunting. Aside from you, he is the scummiest player in the game. That's where my vote lies at the moment.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Thian »

Mysterio, you had literally stated yesterday, lynch Thian, we lynch scum. You ranted and raved. Stop fluffing yourself up. It is what it is. You are caught and thats that.

Why were you trying to pull people away from Kirbyoshi vote onto me yesterday?
Games Completed
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Chimp Pants »

VOTE: Mysterio
L-1.

Just repeating everyone else, but we should lynch Myst today and Thian tomorrow (if there is a tomorrow). If anyone feels the need to mass claim to confirm Thian's claim, that's fine, but we don't need it.
Thian to Mysterio wrote:]Mr Maferio.
Nice. :lol:

@Mysterio: Way to go down swinging. Good game scum.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Thian »

Mysterio, please hammer yourself since you liked hammering Shotty day one. I think this will give Shotty justice at this point.
Games Completed

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”