Newbie 1011 :Day Four:

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Nikanor »

Day Two Final Vote Count

Kalofer (4)
- smargaret, 2003041, Sevei, Neruz

Sevei (1)
- Kalofer

Not Voting (2)
- moose200x, Nachomamma8

With seven players alive four votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Sunday October 17 at 09:30 UTC.

----------

"I've known Nikanor for the longest," Said Kalofer, "And I'm about to meet him once again. MINE IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!" Kalofer pulled a gun out of his coat pocket and stabbed himself in the back with the holster. You can tell from his gun and labcoat that he was clearly a mad doctor.

Kalofer
-
Town Doctor
- Lynched day two.

It is now night two. Deadline falls in exactly 72 hours!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Nikanor »

"Do you think I'm pretty?" Asked the wolverine. Obviously he has never looked in a mirror.
"You might do to wash the blood from your hands and mouth." The blood was a strange candy-red colour. It almost looked like human blood, but you could tell that it came from a string of numbers, not a person.

-
Vanilla Townie
- Killed night two.

----------

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (5)
- smargaret, Sevei, Neruz, moose200x, Nachomamma8

With five players alive three votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Sunday October 24 at 18:37 UTC.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Kalofer »

BAH, I told you so. Nik, I shall never forgive you, ever, ever, ever...ever. K bye and good luck.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:31 am

Post by moose200x »

Kalofer wrote:BAH, I told you so. Nik, I shall never forgive you, ever, ever, ever...ever. K bye and good luck.

Shut up and go fail elsewhere. YOU NEVER EVER NOT CLAIM AS A POWER ROLE WHEN YOUR GOING TO BE LYNCHED! GOD SO FAIL
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:33 am

Post by 2003041 »

Oh well. Good luck to all!!!
Show
New Game: Town 0W//1L Scum 0W//0L Power Roles: 0/1
Replacement: Town 1W//0L Scum 0W//0L Power Roles: 1/1
Work by day, Guitar Hero/Rock Band by twilight, Mafia at night. THAT, my friends, is a perfect day!!!

We need subscribers for our GH/RB team to be sponsored.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TEAML3G3NDOFFICIAL <----Subscribe here to help us.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Sevei »

Nice, Kal...by refusing to claim and acting like obv-scum you put us in fucking LYLO. GFG.

Neruz
, wtf changed between this:
Neruz wrote:
Sevei wrote:Nope. I think we should keep talking, but you calling attention to the fact that you want to hammer but aren't going to do so is scumtastic.
I'm not going to prematurely end the day if 2k3 still has something he wants to say to us. You seem to have the wrong end of the stick here.
and this:
Neruz wrote:Oh, i missed that.

VOTE: Kalofer
Don't say it's because 2k3 said his piece--all he had done was ask questions. He hadn't actually given us his
feedback
on all the answers.

Let's look at your entire behavior on D2.

First you don't show up until Kal is at L-1. Then you say this:
"Woops, i totally forgot about this game >.>"

Post 414:
You say you would hammer, but Nacho has dibs; fluff; then a bunch of BS fence-sitting: moose is lying low but other than that he's less scummy; 2k3 and Sevei are active but Sevei tweaks my gut; I don't have a read on Nacho but I'm worried about him.

Post 416:
Neruz wrote:I'll hammer him if you like, but
Nacho said something about 2k3 wanting to do an ISO analysis and it's not like we're in a hurry, so there's no harm in waiting
(Note: in response to my mentioning that you said you wanted to hammer but were reluctant to do so.)

Post 417:
Neruz wrote:Also, considering how Kalofer has been acting, a lynch on him is entirely justifiable at this point.
I cannot possibly see how i would get in trouble for hammering him.
a) Why are you worried about getting into trouble
IF YOU THINK HE'S SCUM
? b) I then tell you we should keep talking, but that your wishy-washy stance on the hammer is scumtastic.

Post 420:
You're not ending the day prematurely.
Post 421:
Kal quotes 2k3's questions and tells you to vote for him or you are scum.
Post 422:
"Oh, I missed that." And hammer.

Overall Analysis

On D1 you push very hard for a quick lynch on Moose; D2 you don't even show up until Kal is at L-1 and then you put on a little show about not wanting to hammer before you HAMMER. By the way...that WHOLE exchange took place between 1:37 a.m. and 8:57 a.m. on Thursday: 7 1/2 hours in the middle of the night and the early morning. I wonder how many people in this game besides me and Kal even checked in during that little window of time? And I told you what I thought--more discussion was a good thing.

So, Neruz: what changed between you saying you didn't want to end the day early and your hammer which did in fact end the day early? It wasn't that 2k3 had actually gotten to share his piece, as all he had done was ask people questions. Which, may I point out, included this:
Neruz wrote: @Neruz: I would just like to know what your reads are now, when (and if) you get back.
Also, Kal told you if you didn't vote for him you were scum...and then you voted. SERIOUSLY?

I am almost 100% sure you are scum, but based on the very small chance you aren't, I want to hear from others before casting that vote. It would also be nice to see if we could ferret out your partner before lynching you as well.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by smargaret »

I am astonished. I have never seen a town pr so eager to get himself lynched.

I clearly need to reread, because I'm not picking up on scum. I don't know what to think about Neruz and Sevei. I'm leaning town on Moose. I need to hear more from Nachomamma to tell anything about him.

@Mod: Can we get a massprod, please?

NEVER!
Last edited by Nikanor on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by moose200x »

Sorry I am here, real busy IRL.

Can someone who is good at this game tell me what they think of Sevei. Taht argument they made is really good :)
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by smargaret »

I'm going to focus my reread on Sevei and on Neruz. As I said, I feel like you're town, and there's just not enough from Nachomamma to get a read one way or another, which is scummy, but not scummy enough to justify a lynch in lylo.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Sevei »

Moose: Why do you need someone to tell you what to think of me? Don't you already have an opinion of me of your own? Also, the argument is good because Neruz is scum. He hangs today, and tomorrow whoever's left will fight it out.

Right now I'm betting Nacho is lurker-scum, but smargaret is back to fence-sitting, which is irking me because she's making me doubt my gut which says Neruz and Nacho are special friends.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It's been the weekend, etc. etc.

I'll get in a post tomorrow.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by moose200x »

Sevei wrote:Moose: Why do you need someone to tell you what to think of me? Don't you already have an opinion of me of your own? Also, the argument is good because Neruz is scum. He hangs today, and tomorrow whoever's left will fight it out.

Right now I'm betting Nacho is lurker-scum, but smargaret is back to fence-sitting, which is irking me because she's making me doubt my gut which says Neruz and Nacho are special friends.

All I was saying Sevei is that I thought you nailed it perfectly. I was wondering if anyone else thought differently.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Neruz »

Sevei; i didn't change at all. I read 2k3's post on page 15 about how he wanted to ISO, i then missed his post on page 16 where he did the ISO (407) and thought he hadn't done it yet. When Nacho brought the fact that he had to my attention, i was cool with lynching him.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by smargaret »

Okay. I've had the cold from hell and am still not feeling well, and it's past my bedtime, so apologies if this isn't very coherent.

Neruz:

Sevei basically caught everything from Day 2, so I doubt the scumteam is Sevei/Neruz (because really, a bus does not make sense at this stage of the game). I am not happy with Neruz's defense of his play Day 1, however, because Neruz was tunnelling on Moose for the first part of Day 1 - until Sevei replaced in and called him on it. Then he backpedaled like crazy - suddenly Moose is 60/40 town and he's "done a 180" wrt Moose, but he'd be okay with lynching Moose to get rid of an anti-town player. This feels like pushing an easy mislynch, to me.

The delay between dawn and Neruz posting strikes me as scummy (which is what I think Sevei meant by "I don't like ..." and Neruz used as justification to ignore her case). By waiting to post, he can see what direction the wind is blowing in, so to speak, and jump on an existing bandwagon. Also, quickhammering when Nacho still had stuff to say? Not cool, Neruz, not cool. Since we're in lylo I won't risk a vote yet, but
FOS: Neruz

Sevei:

Hampered by jamshazam's early scumminess. However, her play, if looked at in iso, seems pretty pro-town. I like posts that contain actual content and scumhunting. Thus, I think that jamshazam was new and uncertain, and the spot is town.

I dislike the disclosure that her initial vote on Neruz was to see reactions and pressure. However, attacking someone other than one of the very scummy people (Moose and IaN) seems anti-scum, especially since IaN was VT.

There is some amount of tunnelling on Neruz going on, except for a brief interlude of obv(not)scum Kalofer. I would like to hear Sevei's opinion on why Nacho is scum (other than lurking), and why Nacho and Neruz are the scum team.

Moose:

I think he's probably town, certainly not scummy enough to be the play today. Even if he is scum, I think we won't be able to tell that until we've lynched his partner and can look at buddying/bussing etc. We'll either lynch his partner today or the game will be over and it will be a moot point.

Nacho:

Is lurking. Has been lurking all game long. I would like to hear the other options he was talking about pursuing in post 388, and how he feels about Neruz's quickhammer. Also why he feels Moose isn't town.

Come to think of it, why, if he's pretty sure Moose isn't town, did he want to pursue other possibilities (everyone but himself and 2k3) and NOT Moose?

EBWOP: Neruz is here now. He hasn't expressed any suspicions - note that nobody has expressed suspicions about anybody but him yet. Also, Nacho still had stuff he'd mentioned wanting to pursue - why not wait? And why not let 2k3 respond to the responses to his questions? What did town have to lose by waiting for a few days?
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Neruz »

Is it really that hard to accept that i forgot about the game?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 3.1

Not Voting (5)
- smargaret, Sevei, Neruz, moose200x, Nachomamma8

With five players alive three votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Sunday October 24 at 18:37 UTC.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by smargaret »

Twice? When there's everything else making you look scummy?

On its own, it doesn't say much. With everything else, it's a different story.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Neruz »

What do you mean twice, i was only a day 'late' to this day.

Sevei's case against me for D2 i've already cleared up; i thought 2k3 had still to post his ISO and was waiting for it, when in fact he had already done so and i had just missed the post. So discounting that and the fact that i forgot about the game, all that is left of that post is her comment about 417, which Sevei has taken delightfully out of context as it was a response to 415, where Sevei said that i didn't want to hammer Kalofer out of fear of looking scummy. I was saying that was a silly claim because hammering Kalofer would not look scummy.

So i'm not really seeing anything there to respond to, Sevei's case appears to be built on fluff and a choice out-of-context statement she herself elicted from me.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by Sevei »

Neruz
Neruz wrote:What do you mean twice, i was only a day 'late' to this day.

Sevei's case against me for D2 i've already cleared up; i thought 2k3 had still to post his ISO and was waiting for it, when in fact he had already done so and i had just missed the post. So discounting that and the fact that i forgot about the game, all that is left of that post is her comment about 417, which Sevei has taken delightfully out of context as it was a response to 415, where Sevei said that i didn't want to hammer Kalofer out of fear of looking scummy. I was saying that was a silly claim because hammering Kalofer would not look scummy.

So i'm not really seeing anything there to respond to, Sevei's case appears to be built on fluff and a choice out-of-context statement she herself elicted from me.
I'm not sure what you mean by fluff or out-of context; I was quoting you from straight down the page. As to 417 being taken "delightfully out of context," here is my original statement that you responded to.
Sevei wrote:You think he's scum but you don't want to hammer, which means he's either your buddy, or you know he's definitely town and don't want to get in trouble for being the hammer.
Neruz wrote:Also, considering how Kalofer has been acting, a lynch on him is entirely justifiable at this point. I cannot possibly see how i would get in trouble for hammering him.
I said you were worried about getting in trouble because you
knew
he would flip town and were therefore distancing yourself from the hammer. I didn't say you would get in trouble for hammering, just that your reluctance showed that he was either a) your buddy (which we now know isn't true) or b) town, and that you knew that and that's why you were reluctant to hammer him. Your response that a lynch was justified by his actions was sufficient enough on its own (because he was definitely acting scummy), but then you QUALIFIED it with the second statement, which screams that you are interested in covering your bases, and THAT is what I called you out about.

Also, you hammered Kal after he quoted 2k3's questions--but 2k3 hadn't actually gotten all of the answers--including your own--or processed them and presented a case from them. You didn't go look for yourself, you took Kal's word for it. That tells me you didn't really care if he had finished posting or not, you just wanted it to LOOK like you cared.

Neruz is scum. I was going to hold my vote until Nacho spoke, but there's no reason to wait (it's not like scum are going to quickhammer
this
time). This guy needs rope.
Vote: Neruz

Smargaret
: I think Nacho is the other scum because he has managed to avoid any strong stance. After his initial reads, he voted Neruz and then asked me to unvote him so he could be "first" on the wagon. He then kept a little pressure on Neruz, but unvoted and went with IaN, pushing that through to a lynch. On D2, he made a post (ISO 27) in which he waffled around and didn't take a firm stance on ANYONE.
Nachomamma8 wrote:But I will say that I think Kalofer is probably scum for pushing for an early lynch and saying 'Okay guys, let's do all that protown stuff you were talking about yesterday now.'. Not voting yet because I still want to pursue other possibilities (Seveii and Neruz with maybe a side of smargaret). Pretty sure moose isn't town, but I wouldn't take my word for it if I were you. MWIA's replacement with the weird name is probably town for MWIA's play. I can't say I remember the other person, which isn't a good thing.
After that he hasn't posted much at all. It's also curious that as IC he has managed to stay alive and avoid being NKd; I would think he would be a liability for scum to take into LYLO. All of this makes me think he's scum.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Neruz »

Why would i want to distance myself from the hammer if i wouldn't get in trouble for hammering? You seem to be contradicting yourself. If there is no danger of getting in trouble for hammering, there is no reason to distance myself from the hammer.

2k3's relevant post was:
TBH, I really don't have many more ISO questions, but there are a few things I's like to find out.
@Nacho: First, you can just say 2k3 instead of "numbers" or "2452675126513412394546" (<<Random number mashing).
How do you feel about moose's apparent play change?
How do you feel about Kal's "NK Prediction"?

@Kal: I really just wanna know. Why did you lose so much interest in Day 1?

@moose: Do you feel that at this point you're playing differently from your meta? Is it comfortable for you?
ISO 23: Do you still feel Neruz may be scummy because of this?

@Neruz: I would just like to know what your reads are now, when (and if) you get back.
Of those, the only thing that was not answered was him wanting to know what my reads were, something which i think i made abundantly clear when i hammered Kalofer.

I also notice that he said he didn't really have any ISO questions, despite the prior post immediately before that stating that he wanted to do an ISO.

It's a pity you've voted me, as i'm pretty sure you're just extremely misguided town. It will be interesting to see if i do get quickhammered or not.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Sevei »

I don't think you would want to distance yourself if you wouldn't get in trouble for hammering, but I think your stating that you wouldn't get in trouble for hammering because of how Kal had been acting is extremely scummy. You knew he would flip town and made a self-protective statement to try to cover your ass in hopes no one would call you out on it today.

As to 2k3, people had answered, but he hadn't had a chance to make his actual argument based on those answers. He had a reason for asking those questions, but he never got to actually share that reason. You quick-hammered and ended the day before he could do that. And so what if he was contradictory about his ISO questions...he flipped town, so it's NULL.

Your last statement reeks of AtE...and I am more convinced than ever my vote is on the right person.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 am

Post by smargaret »

Neruz: Can you tell us what time zone you're in? Just curious.

Who do you think is scum?

Why didn't you wait for Nacho's "other possibilities" D2 or 2k3's arguments, which presumably would have followed his questions?

Also, this:
Neruz wrote:Why would i want to distance myself from the hammer if i wouldn't get in trouble for hammering? You seem to be contradicting yourself. If there is no danger of getting in trouble for hammering, there is no reason to distance myself from the hammer.
isn't a contradiction. The point is, you wouldn't get in trouble for hammering IF KALOFER WERE SCUM. It seemed pretty obvious that he was scum, but you were still worried about the hammer - which suggests that you knew he wasn't scum.

Sevei: I'm not a huge fan of that vote. If you're wrong (which I doubt, but it's a possibility), all it takes is both scum online at the same time and we'll have quickhammer.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:41 am

Post by moose200x »

Smargare. maybe that's why they have quickhammered yet, neruz is one of the scum.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:45 am

Post by moose200x »

^^^ Butchered that.

smargaret, perhaps the reason we have yet to see both scum quick hammer is because that Neruz is in fact scum.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 am

Post by smargaret »

That's probable, Moose. I'm addressing the (slim) possibility that Neruz is town.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”