Open 252 -- Whoniverse Jungle Republic Game Over!

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Vote Count 2.2

JesseSheffield - 2 - Sevei, PJ
Sevei - 4 - ZF, JS, Nightson, Katsuki

Mafuyu - 0
petroleumjelly - 0
Katsuki - 0
yellowbounder - 0
CommieX - 0
Cogito Ergo Sum - 0
zipperflesh - 2 - CES, Mafuyu
Nightson - 0

Not Voting: yellowbounder, CommieX

yellowbounder is being replaced.

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Deadline is set for Wednesday, October 20th at 10:00 PM EST
Last edited by Iecerint on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

Mafuyu wrote:But you were the one under fire with what's a pretty legitimate argument, so trying to diffuse the dodging accusation with "But everyone else was doing it" isn't going to fly, especially with the note that you were posting elsewhere on the site during the timeframe mentioned.
I did post in other games, but I wasn't under any pressure to respond immediately to CES's post. Personally, I respond to things when I have time. I had time to answer a menial question in a Newbie game, but I haven't had the proper time to adequately respond to CES's post. How 'bout you quit trying to meta me and have a little patience, or are you trying to get me lynched before I properly rebuttal?

Any rate, said rebuttal should be forthcoming shortly.
Retired GM of Px2 - It's like a book club, but with bullets.

“If Passion drives, let Reason hold the Reins.” - Ben Franklin
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Lynched...with two votes. That's stretching.

As an aside, a rebuttal can take more than one wall of text to do. You apparently had time to post that little retort, a teaser of your defense would be appreciated.
Guh. The words.
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

First off I'd like to start with this:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote: I form my gut reads through reading ISOs
(I ISOed each player at the start of the day.)
and they tend to be based on the totality of a person's posting. I wouldn't be surprised if there were specific elements that triggered, but in that case I didn't manage to isolate them.
I'd be very much interested in seeing these, and I'd like to know your thoughts on each player based on them. Unless, of course you want to be caught in a lie...

...now unto this supposed contradiction.
zipperflesh wrote:I came back later once the Jesse/Sevei discussion was underway and voted Sevei based on his response to Jesse, in fact I was the first to vote him.
Good thing you pointed that out, because this is what you said earlier:
zipperflesh wrote:...for some reason (perhaps you are scum?) I can't get a wagon started on you, so when the Sevei wagon started I hopped over since I was just as suspicous of him.
You've just given two contradictory explanations of the same event.
Unvote, vote: zipperflesh
The first quote comes from #224, which was a response to #223. What I say there is correct, but I did use the wrong words. This was a result of me not fact checking, because when I replied Sevei already had some votes. I wasn't concerned about voting order, and what I should have said there was Jesse/Sevei discussion. It seems you believed Jesse had been the first to vote as well, since in #234 you said,
"I get the feeling that you switched to Sevei because Jesse was already pushing the Seveiwagon for you."
When I answered that, I did go back, and I fact checked. This was where I saw that I had in fact placed the first vote, which as you can see I hadn't realized myself. In all honesty, I thought I had voted after Jesse, but the truth of the matter is that while Jesse was "pushing a Sevei-wagon" with their discussion he was doing so without a vote.

So, I made a poor wording choice and a mistake due to posting based on my memory of events rather than what actually happened. Mistakes happen, and that doesn't make me scum. What CES has failed (and still refuses) to do is show reasons (prior this discussion) that make me scum. Why has he done this? I suspect it is because he is scum. Is it unreasonable for me to ask CES why he found me scummy, and is it unreasonable to expect a valid answer from him?
I was going to respond to the rest of your post, but screw it. Die, scum, die.
This just shows how callous you are. If you are town, you are doing a poor job of it. You refuse to acknowledge my points because you know they prove you wrong. For some reason you are reluctant to admit you have nothing to hold against me. For you're convenience, I'll repost the specifics:
zipperflesh wrote:
You are guilty of "baseless attacks" because you continually say people are scum without showing a shred of evidence. Need I remind you this is the same tactic Furcolow attempted to use which resulted in his lynch. If you think people are scummy then you need to put you money where your mouth is, otherwise you're mudslinging.
CES wrote: Then what is the "vague gut suspicion comment" about? What purpose does it serve? I do have more on you, but you're obviously not going to agree with me.
I've already explained what my gut feeling is based on --> Your baseless attacks, and the way you hopped wagons on Day 1.

If you've got more on me then POST IT! I can't very well properly defend myself from a guy calling me scum for no reason, but perhaps when you provide your evidence (I'm doubting you have any...) I'll be able to defend myself.
CES wrote: You'd have to be a fairly crappy player for me to be able to "prove" that you're scum by page with any regularity. That's not how mafia works. Also, calling people scum in a game of mafia is just part of game and not slander.
Are you saying that mafia isn't a game about collecting evidence on a player to convince the town to lynch that person? I don't think so, where I come from we have to prove our accusations or be held accountable.

Calling people scum without providing a reason is slander, not a part of the game. Proving someone is scum via a presentation of the facts is a part of the game and how you play mafia. Otherwise you're playing WitchhuntTM or GuessTheBadGuyTM.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

List of things CES needs to provide:

1) ISO of every player and his read thereof.
2) Evidence prior our discussion that provides reasoning for him calling me scum.
3) A valid response to the ignored portion of post #240

If he fails to provide the first two he should be lynched under LaL.
Especially, #1.

#3 is a personal request, as I don't think valid arguments being ignored.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

Mafuyu wrote:Lynched...with two votes. That's stretching.

As an aside, a rebuttal can take more than one wall of text to do. You apparently had time to post that little retort, a teaser of your defense would be appreciated.
Its entirely possible you're scum attempting to accumulate votes on me before I had time to rebuttal.

-----------------

@Sevei: Apologies for using the wrong gender pronoun. :oops:

Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Nightson »

Interesting Post.

unvote, vote: zipperflesh
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

zipperflesh wrote:I'd be very much interested in seeing these, and I'd like to know your thoughts on each player based on them. Unless, of course you want to be caught in a lie...
You seem to have misunderstood. I simply read each player in ISO. There's nothing for you to see. The only meaningful conclusion I drew from it I've already shared: that Djelibeybi is harbouring a dark and terrible secret.
zipperflesh wrote:The first quote comes from #224, which was a response to #223. What I say there is correct, but I did use the wrong words. This was a result of me not fact checking, because when I replied Sevei already had some votes. I wasn't concerned about voting order, and what I should have said there was Jesse/Sevei discussion. It seems you believed Jesse had been the first to vote as well, since in #234 you said, "I get the feeling that you switched to Sevei because Jesse was already pushing the Seveiwagon for you." When I answered that, I did go back, and I fact checked. This was where I saw that I had in fact placed the first vote, which as you can see I hadn't realized myself. In all honesty, I thought I had voted after Jesse, but the truth of the matter is that while Jesse was "pushing a Sevei-wagon" with their discussion he was doing so without a vote.
You're not addressing the central issue, which is that you have posited two wildly different motivations for your Seveivote.
zipperflesh wrote:So, I made a poor wording choice and a mistake due to posting based on my memory of events rather than what actually happened. Mistakes happen, and that doesn't make me scum. What CES has failed (and still refuses) to do is show reasons (prior this discussion) that make me scum. Why has he done this? I suspect it is because he is scum. Is it unreasonable for me to ask CES why he found me scummy, and is it unreasonable to expect a valid answer from him?
I most definitely have explained why I think you're scum (gut + Seveivote). You just seem to think that I need to provide a convincing case (which my gut is unlikely to provide) merely to include you on my scumlist, which is simply false.
zipperflesh wrote:This just shows how callous you are. If you are town, you are doing a poor job of it. You refuse to acknowledge my points because you know they prove you wrong. For some reason you are reluctant to admit you have nothing to hold against me. For you're convenience, I'll repost the specifics:
Just fyi, conciseness is pro-town. But, sure, I'll respond to it as soon as I have some time.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:54 am

Post by zipperflesh »

Nightson wrote:Interesting Post.

unvote, vote: zipperflesh
Thoughts plox?

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:02 am

Post by zipperflesh »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote: You seem to have misunderstood. I simply read each player in ISO. There's nothing for you to see. The only meaningful conclusion I drew from it I've already shared: that Djelibeybi is harbouring a dark and terrible secret.
I thought you said you were joking when you called Jelly scum. Can you explain why you feel he is scum?
You're not addressing the central issue, which is that you have posited two wildly different motivations for your Seveivote.
What do you mean? I was suspicious of both of you for baseless accusations, but I choose to switch my vote to Sevei because of his reaction to Jesse's attack. How is that a contradiction?
I most definitely have explained why I think you're scum (gut + Seveivote). You just seem to think that I need to provide a convincing case (which my gut is unlikely to provide) merely to include you on my scumlist, which is simply false.
A gut call is not a valid reason to cast suspicion upon anyone. In order for it to be worth a damn you have to validate your gut with evidence. The fact that you continually fail to provide a reason for why I am scum proves to me that you scum just looking for an excuse to lynch someone.
Just fyi, conciseness is pro-town. But, sure, I'll respond to it as soon as I have some time.
Dodging accusations and questioning is anti-town.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 am

Post by zipperflesh »

EBWOP:

That part should read: Dodging accusations/questioning is anti-town.

CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:41 am

Post by CommieX »

I will post tomorrow people, in the middle of studying like a madman.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Katsuki »

Unvote

*points to sig*
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Response to 240.
zipperflesh wrote:You are guilty of "baseless attacks" because you continually say people are scum without showing a shred of evidence. Need I remind you this is the same tactic Furcolow attempted to use which resulted in his lynch. If you think people are scummy then you need to put you money where your mouth is, otherwise you're mudslinging.
I'm fairly sure Furcolow got lynched because he fell apart. Guilt by Association isn't going to work here. And putting people on a scum list =/= baseless attacks.
Eddie baby wrote:I've already explained what my gut feeling is based on --> Your baseless attacks, and the way you hopped wagons on Day 1.
The gut referred to in "vague gut suspicion" was mine. You may try again.
Sugar plum wrote:If you've got more on me then POST IT! I can't very well properly defend myself from a guy calling me scum for no reason, but perhaps when you provide your evidence (I'm doubting you have any...) I'll be able to defend myself.
I have provided said "more". Note that "more" was in response to "null tells and gut".
Luxury yacht wrote:Are you saying that mafia isn't a game about collecting evidence on a player to convince the town to lynch that person? I don't think so, where I come from we have to prove our accusations or be held accountable.
I consider mafia to be first and foremost a game about finding out the alignment of players. And you're certainly holding me to a ridiculous standard in regards to evidence gathering considering we're discussing a Top 4 suspect (at the time, you've jumped to the top since then) on page 9-11.
Edward wrote:Calling people scum without providing a reason is slander, not a part of the game. Proving someone is scum via a presentation of the facts is a part of the game and how you play mafia. Otherwise you're playing WitchhuntTM or GuessTheBadGuyTM.
Nopes. Calling people scum is a part of the game.
Arthur wrote:I thought you said you were joking when you called Jelly scum. Can you explain why you feel he is scum?
When I presented my Top 4 of suspicions in the form of pairings, the pairings weren't meant to be taking seriously, but I wasn't joking beyond that. Note also that I was voting for Djelibeybi. I am of the opinion that Djelibeybi is scum based on gut and meta. I've played quite a few games with him in the past and I've always found him personally easy to read, remarkably easy considering that he really is a very good player who you're unlikely to catch making plays like your Seveivote.
Two Sheds wrote:What do you mean? I was suspicious of both of you for baseless accusations, but I choose to switch my vote to Sevei because of his reaction to Jesse's attack. How is that a contradiction?
Your first explanation didn't mention Sevei's reaction at all (and there's no reason why you'd have forgotten.) It stated quite simply that you switched because there was more support for the Seveiwagon. That is quite clearly a contradiction.
One Shed wrote:A gut call is not a valid reason to cast suspicion upon anyone. In order for it to be worth a damn you have to validate your gut with evidence. The fact that you continually fail to provide a reason for why I am scum proves to me that you scum just looking for an excuse to lynch someone.
Putting you on my scum list hardly constitutes casting suspicion on you. I'm just signalling how my suspicions lie.
Jackson wrote:Dodging accusations and questioning is anti-town.
Not responding to more of the same, however, is not.

Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Sevei »

zipperflesh wrote:What do you mean? I was suspicious of both of you for baseless accusations, but I choose to switch my vote to Sevei because of his reaction to Jesse's attack. How is that a contradiction?
Really? Because it looks like here that you voted me because you agreed with Jesse's attack, not my response to it.
zipperflesh wrote:Unvote. Vote: Sevei

Jesse is getting at the exact same thing I was.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Sevei »

EBWODP:
zipperflesh wrote:Unvote. Vote: Sevei

Jesse is getting at the exact same thing I was.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

Vote Count 2.3

JesseSheffield - 2 - Sevei, PJ
Sevei - 2 - ZF, JS
Mafuyu - 0
petroleumjelly - 0
Katsuki - 0
yellowbounder - 0
CommieX - 0
Cogito Ergo Sum - 0
zipperflesh - 3 - CES, Mafuyu, Nightson

Nightson - 0

Not Voting:
yellowbounder
saporovirus, CommieX, Katsuki

saporovirus replaces yellowbounder. Welcome her!

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Deadline is set for Wednesday, October 20th at 10:00 PM EST.
Last edited by Iecerint on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 am

Welcome! You're either replacing into a great situation or into a slightly sucky situation depending on whether Two Sheds and Djelibeybi are Werewolves or Mafia. (I'm sure someone will be confused by this statement, so I might as well clarify straight away: if they're Werewolves, then it turns into 7-player nightless once we've lynched them; if they're Mafia, then we get 3 lynches (not 2 - we can force the Werewolves to kill the remaining mafia if we screw up a lynch) to lynch both werewolves.)

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:34 am

Post by saporovirus »

Harro everybody! I'm still stuck on thinking JesseSheffield and Sevei are both scum, because JS puts so much effort into attacking ONE player each round and making that player nervous, while declaring his earnest desire to hunt out ALL the scum. Doesn't really seem to ring true. Sevei became very flustered and caught up on trying to defend herself but managed to deflect suspicion. I don't understand who Djelibeybi and Two Sheds are, and I was pretty distracted by Jesse and Sevei so I kind of missed why the votes switched to zipperflesh. I will look through things again and vote in a bit.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:56 am

Post by saporovirus »

Upon careful consideration and chemical analysis, I have concluded that Sevei is not scum, and Jesse is a werewolf. Because he's not saying much about zipper, I think Zipper's probably a wolf too. So I think I will
vote JesseSheffield
but I love you still

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:08 am

Question: why is Jesse a werewolf and not mafia?
Question II: why aren't you voting for zipperfleshscum?

Also, Two Sheds is zipperflesh and who Djelibeybi is should be evident if you pronounce it.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 am

Post by zipperflesh »

Apparently, CES thinks he can catch scum on gut and meta alone, both of which he has admitted has nothing to do with in game actions. This is a dangerous and anti-town stance to adopt, either he's scum or a terrible player, now I've never played with him before so I'd rate it as scum trying to pass off gut as an excuse not to scumhunt.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:16 am

Post by zipperflesh »

Sevei wrote:
Really? Because it looks like here that you voted me because you agreed with Jesse's attack, not my response to it.
Jess was attacking you for the same thing I was... :roll:

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:18 am

Post by saporovirus »

Jesse voted for Furcolow. I'm a newb, but why would mafia vote for mafia?

Looking back, though, one of zipper's first votes was for Jesse. Maybe they aren't on the same team. Or maybe that was just a way to deflect suspicion of them being on the same team, since it was in the "let's toss out joke votes" time period.
but I love you still

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:22 am

Post by saporovirus »

QII: I'm seeing how Jesse will respond, since he was like "let 'em lynch me I will be proud to die in honor of the town" etc. I'm calling him on his bluff since there's time to change my vote if my suspicions shift...
but I love you still

Return to “Completed Open Games”