Mini 1061: Mafia in Someplace - Game Over!

Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Retrospective »

I'm amazed at how little of that case you actually refuted. Most of your responses are basically "OMG NO"

I'm actually very comfortable with my vote. Let's get rid of that signature.

@Mod: You forgot to add me those voting el simo.

Mod ~ Fixed.
Last edited by RichardGHP on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Retrospective »

el simo wrote:I also urge you, Retro, and the rest of the town, to seriously look at ICE before placing a vote on me. That many blatant lies in an accusation is inexcusable. I look forward to hearing his defence because I struggle to see how someone is going to defend themselves after being caught like that. I honestly don't see the town would want to lynch anyone else today, not after that post.
lol'd. This wasn't manufactured at all.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Retrospective »

Yay for triple post.

Your whole case against ICE is that he said you voted when you did not. Instead you said you would vote which is basically the same thing except a safer move for you because you didn't have to commit. This huge lie that you're manufacturing is bullshit. For a veteran, you sure suck at making good cases.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by ICEninja »

simo wrote: I unvoted Retro to focus my attention else where
And what have you been doing with that attention? Instead of finding more reasons to lynch the person you think is scum, you've completely ignored him and started lurker hunting.
simo wrote: This is where the fluff starts. For starters, the only two people I have voted all day have been Retro and Jase, with a vote on diddin holding while I read up more about Ell. Not once have I voted Ell, so not once have I unvoted him either. Where you get this lovely information from, I don't know, but as I showed earlier it isn't the first time you made stuff up in your cases. I quick ISO read will reveal this to be the real truth.
Oops you're right I made a mistake. Your previous pressure vote was on diddin, not Elleran. You made a statement somewhere that Elleran was improving under our pressure, and that you had stated he was scummy for active lurking so for some reason I thought you had a vote on him.

Your words and implications, however, still say the same thing. It is weaker because you didn't vote and unvote, but your intent towards him was the same.
simo wrote: Apparently I never explained my statement, nor did state who I agreed with or who I disagreed with. This is absolute bollocks. I read through ICEs case and made a post with it, stating what I did and what I didn't agree with and THAT is when I came to the conclusion that I found Ell scummy enough for my hammer
Then your statements didn't line up with your actions. You declared Elleran scummy enough to hammer, but not scummy enough to place at L-2? How does that make sense?
simo wrote: More lies, I didn't even vote Ell and it is another lovely misrepresentation. The reason why I didn't vote Ell is because yes, he posted more, and at first I just went with that and put my vote on Diddin, but in my vote I even stated that this was a placer vote until I got a reread on them.
Again, yes, this is my error because for some reason when you accused Elleran out for active lurking I thought you had your vote on him, especially considering a lot of your accusations are for active lurking. Even so, my conclusion does not change, and is just weaker.
simo wrote: No, it is a vote that is based of my suspicion of his, "I'm going to post only just enough to not get replaced" activity level.
As Jace already pointed out, he's posting plenty. He doesn't present a ton of content, but he's definitely posting a lot more than you seem to imply he is. I'd say his content is on par or better than diddin's, who you've unvoted.
simo wrote: appropriately hopping from the last biggest band wagon to the next and has done it for the second time today. I am surprised no one else noticed this yet.
2 things. Firstly, I've been the first one to make a comprehensive case on Elleran, Retro, AND yourself, so don't claim that I am hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon. I'm the one taking them from suspicion to full blown case. Secondly, you were right there with me on the Retro wagon and decided my case against Elleran was good enough to throw down the hammer should he be put at L-1.

I do apologize, however, for claiming that you voted Elleran. Retro said it quite well, though:
Retro wrote: Your whole case against ICE is that he said you voted when you did not. Instead you said you would vote which is basically the same thing except a safer move for you because you didn't have to commit. This huge lie that you're manufacturing is bullshit. For a veteran, you sure suck at making good cases.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by diddin »

Why is ice scummy for making the case? It looks like only a dressed up OMGUS to me.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by el simo »

diddin wrote:Why is ice scummy for making the case? It looks like only a dressed up OMGUS to me.
Because he lied repeatedly?
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Retrospective »

el simo wrote:
diddin wrote:Why is ice scummy for making the case? It looks like only a dressed up OMGUS to me.
lol did you just ignore his last post?

He very obviously wasn't making stuff up.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by ICEninja »

simo wrote: Because he lied repeatedly?
Claiming that I 'lied repeatedly' after making a mistake that you voted for someone is a stretch. Considering the context, it isn't an improbable mistake to misremember your not voting Elleran.

I second what Retro said about wondering if you even read my post.

I posted this on Saturday, and it was never responded to.
ICE wrote: Simo, who do you actually find scummy, and why? You dropped off the Retro wagon because he AtE'd you off, you don't seem to have much faith in the Elleran wagon, and you've more or less admitted that you're going to unvote Jace once his post count meets some arbitrary standard you have. As far as I see it, you don't have any real presence in this game at the moment, and I'd say that's scummy.
I forgot to talk about this in my response when you asked about my statement about your opinions of Retro.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by el simo »

Retrospective wrote:Yay for triple post.

Your whole case against ICE is that he said you voted when you did not. Instead you said you would vote which is basically the same thing except a safer move for you because you didn't have to commit. This huge lie that you're manufacturing is bullshit. For a veteran, you sure suck at making good cases.
No you're just reading it biased because your buttsore that I think you know diddly squat about this game. It's funny because it's true, we know this because you have the same attitude towards Sweep who thinks the same thing about you.

And saying that I'm manufacturing the lie is bullshit. I can't make it up, he blatantly said things that weren't true and is now covering them up by saying opps you're right, oh well you're still scummy, probably even more so because you didn't vote! Woolah!

And stop appealing to my experience to try demean me. I've never once used it to gain leverage against you and quite frankly I'm getting sick and tired of your little school boy rants. I sincerely hope you mature up before starting your next game.
ICEninja wrote:
simo wrote: I unvoted Retro to focus my attention else where
And what have you been doing with that attention? Instead of finding more reasons to lynch the person you think is scum, you've completely ignored him and started lurker hunting.
I didn't realize lurker hunting was scummy. Regardless, I focused on Ell. Found him scummy at first, but he refuted the points raised against him and made me realize a misrep on your behalf, so I retracted my statement about hammering him. I don't find him scummy any more and I won't voting him today unless he does something to convince me he is scum. I'm not going to vote someone after I've changed my mind about them just because I said would.
ICEninja wrote:
simo wrote: This is where the fluff starts. For starters, the only two people I have voted all day have been Retro and Jase, with a vote on diddin holding while I read up more about Ell. Not once have I voted Ell, so not once have I unvoted him either. Where you get this lovely information from, I don't know, but as I showed earlier it isn't the first time you made stuff up in your cases. I quick ISO read will reveal this to be the real truth.
Oops you're right I made a mistake. Your previous pressure vote was on diddin, not Elleran. You made a statement somewhere that Elleran was improving under our pressure, and that you had stated he was scummy for active lurking so for some reason I thought you had a vote on him.

Your words and implications, however, still say the same thing. It is weaker because you didn't vote and unvote, but your intent towards him was the same.
No I said he was posting more and therefore was less scummy. More fluff from you.
ICEninja wrote:
simo wrote: Apparently I never explained my statement, nor did state who I agreed with or who I disagreed with. This is absolute bollocks. I read through ICEs case and made a post with it, stating what I did and what I didn't agree with and THAT is when I came to the conclusion that I found Ell scummy enough for my hammer
Then your statements didn't line up with your actions. You declared Elleran scummy enough to hammer, but not scummy enough to place at L-2? How does that make sense?
Where did I say I didn't find him scummy enough to put at L-2? My vote was already on Jase and I felt that I hadn't received the information I was looking for, I didn't see reason to move it. I stated intent to hammer because I did - at that time - but there was no need for me to move my vote off Jase, so I didn't. More fluff!
ICEninja wrote:
simo wrote: More lies, I didn't even vote Ell and it is another lovely misrepresentation. The reason why I didn't vote Ell is because yes, he posted more, and at first I just went with that and put my vote on Diddin, but in my vote I even stated that this was a placer vote until I got a reread on them.
Again, yes, this is my error because for some reason when you accused Elleran out for active lurking I thought you had your vote on him, especially considering a lot of your accusations are for active lurking. Even so, my conclusion does not change, and is just weaker.
Saying opps doesn't make you less scummy. You lied about something repeatedly to fluff up your case. You did the same thing to Ell about his double standards as well, which everything seemingly felt appropriate to ignore when I posted. This is scummy.
ICEninja wrote:
simo wrote: No, it is a vote that is based of my suspicion of his, "I'm going to post only just enough to not get replaced" activity level.
As Jace already pointed out, he's posting plenty. He doesn't present a ton of content, but he's definitely posting a lot more than you seem to imply he is. I'd say his content is on par or better than diddin's, who you've unvoted.
Out of all his posts, half of them are repeating himself or just a statement that isn't commenting on anything about the game.
ICEninja wrote:
simo wrote: appropriately hopping from the last biggest band wagon to the next and has done it for the second time today. I am surprised no one else noticed this yet.
2 things. Firstly, I've been the first one to make a comprehensive case on Elleran, Retro, AND yourself, so don't claim that I am hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon. I'm the one taking them from suspicion to full blown case. Secondly, you were right there with me on the Retro wagon and decided my case against Elleran was good enough to throw down the hammer should he be put at L-1.
[/quote]

Yeah easy enough to do when half the town has called him scummy. My case on Retro had very little to do with what you said. We agreed on one point, the rest was my own. Your case on me now, minus all the lies, is pretty much exactly what Benmage said, just drawn out. And I didn't decide your case on Ell was good enough, I repeatedly called it weak. I agreed with two points, of which one I felt was defended against adequately and also showed was more fluff nonsense from you.
Retrospective wrote:
el simo wrote:
lol did you just ignore his last post?

He very obviously wasn't making stuff up.
Posts take time to make.
ICEninja wrote:
simo wrote: Because he lied repeatedly?
Claiming that I 'lied repeatedly' after making a mistake that you voted for someone is a stretch. Considering the context, it isn't an improbable mistake to misremember your not voting Elleran.
Nobody else had trouble remembering. In fact, that is what the case against me was about. That I wasn't voting, that I was being non committal.
ICEninja wrote:I posted this on Saturday, and it was never responded to.
ICE wrote: Simo, who do you actually find scummy, and why? You dropped off the Retro wagon because he AtE'd you off, you don't seem to have much faith in the Elleran wagon, and you've more or less admitted that you're going to unvote Jace once his post count meets some arbitrary standard you have. As far as I see it, you don't have any real presence in this game at the moment, and I'd say that's scummy.
I forgot to talk about this in my response when you asked about my statement about your opinions of Retro.
Sorry I was away during the weekend.

I find Retro scummy, I find you more scummy, and I find Jase scummy for now. If his analysis of all the players are as thoroughly in depth as his one Ben, he'll probably be getting my vote tomorrow, assuming I make it that far. I'm pretty suspicious of Ben but I want to stay quiet on that for now, I don't want him to adapt his game according to my read on him.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Benmage »

I see a lot of long posts..I'll get in here later, is that floating "[/quote]" a mistake, extra, or misquote or something in your last post simo?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Then why even mention it El Simo?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by el simo »

Benmage wrote:I see a lot of long posts..I'll get in here later, is that floating "
" a mistake, extra, or misquote or something in your last post simo?[/quote]

Mistake.
Slaxx wrote:Then why even mention it El Simo?
Why not? He isn't getting anything from it.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Retrospective »

Why not? He's already voting you. You're just trying to make sure he doesn't commit to voting you.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by el simo »

By telling him I'm suspicious of him? How does that make sense?
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I'd like to hear what diddin's take is on simo right now. I'd also like to see what DH has to say. Elleran, what is your take on what simo has said lately? These are the 3 players I feel aren't doing much with their votes.

Mod, what is the status of Longing at the moment?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by el simo »

Mod:
I should probably have mentioned this when we started the game, but I am going to South Africa for a month from the 23rd of October. I'd like to remain in the game and not be replaced, but I'm not sure if you'll allow a month of V/LA.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

ICEninja - No word on that yet.

el simo - Will you have computer access at all?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by el simo »

Yes but I'm not quite sure I want to spend my first trip home in 10 years playing mafia scum. :\
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I understand, but no way am I having a player go a month without posting. As long as you stay within prod limits during your trip I'll be happy; it's a lot better than having to search for a replacement, which are scarce at the moment.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by el simo »

I guess I'll have to deal with the issue when the time comes.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Smitster replaces Iamnobody. Thanks, Smitster!
Smitster
Smitster
Goon
Smitster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by Smitster »

RichardGHP wrote:
Smitster replaces Iamnobody. Thanks, Smitster!
Thanks Richard for the opportunity.

New here but played a couple of games before.

19 pages of pretty much wild accusations and nothing concrete. Random voting will probably get a townie voted off and prefer to start in the night phase. Can't really see any useful info coming from today so:

Vote: No lynch
"Slaxx, comparing Retro to Smit is like comparing apples to oragnes. Retro actually has shown that he is intelligent, Smit is yet to do that." - el simo, LMAO

"Sober up before you consider posting anymore. I have no idea what the fuck is even going on." - Slaxx, LMAO
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Smitster, you don't vote for a no lynch on Day 1. How do you expect to gain any information that way?

I think there's a ton of concrete information within 18 pages. I see your join date, however, so it's probably just a newbie mistake.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Smitster
Smitster
Goon
Smitster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Smitster »

DemonHybrid wrote:Smitster, you don't vote for a no lynch on Day 1. How do you expect to gain any information that way?

I think there's a ton of concrete information within 18 pages. I see your join date, however, so it's probably just a newbie mistake.
Perhaps (100% I'm noob at this) but I feel that the odds of voting a townie (If scum kill another townie, that's 2 down instead of 1 and we'll have more info) out on the first day is high as I don't think anyone really knows anything especially with the spread of votes as they are now.

I doubt anyone will rally enough support to vote off their target (perhaps my logic is flawed here?)

In your experience, how many games (or % wise) that you (or anyone) played, that started in day phase, had a scum voted off in day one?
"Slaxx, comparing Retro to Smit is like comparing apples to oragnes. Retro actually has shown that he is intelligent, Smit is yet to do that." - el simo, LMAO

"Sober up before you consider posting anymore. I have no idea what the fuck is even going on." - Slaxx, LMAO
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Slaxx »

You lynch day 1.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”