Mini 1061: Mafia in Someplace - Game Over!

el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:03 am

Post by el simo »

ICEninja wrote:
Longing wrote: OH MY GOD SMIT DID SOMETHING GOOD <333 NOW, IF MORE PEOPLE BESIDES SMIT SUPPORT A LYNCH ON ICE, CAN WE DO IT NOW
You seem desperate to lynch me, and yet there is significantly more steam on your second suspect. You wouldn't happen to be trying to keep a scum buddy alive, would you?
Why should he vote his second suspect over you? You were just grinding me about unvoting my main suspect to look at other players, but now you want TL to do the same? Aye?
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:11 am

Post by el simo »

Retrospective wrote:
el simo wrote:Now I'm stuck in a shit position, because I defended Ell from a crap case against him, when some valid points are raised that I agree with people are just going use that to make me look scummy.
It was scummy. Are you confident in an Elleran lynch all of a sudden? From this post one would conclude you expect Elleran to flip scum.
Not at all, it's just I feel as if the town are pressuring me into keeping a townie stance on Ell because of the recent events, despite what happens afterwards. I wouldn't move my vote from Ell but the recent points mentioned by ICE
are
valid points.
Retrospective wrote:I think it's interesting how much el simo is buddying benmage. ICE and I are absolutely wrong AND scum and complete morons for thinking he is mafia. However, he refers to Benmage an a very different way. I brought up the self-incrimiation tell earlier and simo is admitting to EVERYTHING ben has thrown at him, and just reflecting with saying "But really it's this..." The reasons why this is so hypocritical is because we're essentially saying the same thing.
This is because Benmage hasn't lied about my actions or used fallacious arguments to defend himself or accuse other people. I've said it numerous times and will say it again, Benmage stated his case, I denied one aspect (still do) but the rest of it I accepted as their (talking way back 10 pages ago) is nothing that can be argued against. I didn't vote Ell, I did go back and forth between him, I was non-committal. ICE then took this, added a bunch of stuff that didn't happen, and when I told him they didn't happen you refused to look at my posts to see that ICE was talking bum and then just tried to refute my case against him by saying all I'm saying is that he is wrong, even though he was quite clearly was. Not only this but you started talking bum about me too! Absolutely I am going to say you are wrong, you are telling the town I did stuff that you can't quote me on because I didn't do them. And neither of you are morons, you just play with your emotions instead of your brain.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:24 am

Post by el simo »

As for the self admittance fact scum tell part, I disagree. What did you expect me to do? Argue that I wasn't being non-committal? Aye? How? I did what I did, Ben said it was scummy, that is all there is to it and it is up to the rest of the town to decide on who they agree with. There is no possible argument I could take up with Ben on this. To have tried to say that he was wrong is to do what you did and try and say WIFOM isn't scummy. I'm not as stubborn as you Retro and as I said earlier, a good townie knows when to stop. For me to argue would be futile as there is nothing I can say on the matter other than I took my actions for the reasons I explained when I took them. The rest is up to the town to decide.
Smitster
Smitster
Goon
Smitster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Smitster »

ICEninja wrote:
Smit wrote: Eish, good insight there again.
Smit wrote: For your flawed associations:
So I have good insight, but its flawed? Care to explain?
Smit wrote: I know Slaxx wont get lynched but I suspect him and my case will be week against anyone. I maintain that over analysis is the order of the day.
I don't particularly understand what this means. You maintain that over analysis? Huh?
Smit wrote: I really can't understand your logic here; I see it as the scum wont lynch me as they have bigger fish to fry. Why would a power role need to confirm me as town if they (scum) already know? Surely they have bigger fish to fry? Lynching a member of town knowingly?
If you're town, scum wants you alive right now. You've claimed vanilla townie so you've nicely rounded down the possibilities of who they should kill in order to get a cop or doctor or something, which town does not want at all. Secondly, you're looking fairly scummy so scum wants you alive as long as possible. The later in the game the town lynches a townie, the worse it is for town. Therefore, scum wants you alive for as long as possible so they can lead a mislynch on you at a very bad time.

If you're scum, you obviously just want to stay alive.

Either way you're a liability, and the only way to make you not a liability is if we have a power role prove beyond a doubt that you are indeed town.
Sure, w.r.t. your third last paragraph: I can understand your first two sentences, 100% I f'ed up there (good reasoning and well explained, which you don't need to do but I really appreciate it). Then you go on with your flawed reasoning, don't you think that because I'm town I can see that.

You say that I need to be proven which will be a waste and seems to me as if you are fishing for the power roles as confirmation will be damn difficult.

I see know that I'm a liability both ways, then your logic of me being proven will remove me as a liability, no ways.

My vote will stay on you.

Oh yeah, "over analysis", meaning your reads/tells etc ... are not correct.
"Slaxx, comparing Retro to Smit is like comparing apples to oragnes. Retro actually has shown that he is intelligent, Smit is yet to do that." - el simo, LMAO

"Sober up before you consider posting anymore. I have no idea what the fuck is even going on." - Slaxx, LMAO
Smitster
Smitster
Goon
Smitster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Smitster »

TheLonging wrote:
Smitster wrote:
TheLonging wrote:you guys want to be ready for this

I have not read every single wall or post in this game, because walls are convulted and unnecessary unless needed otherwise for a case or responding to a wall, which in turn creates more walls.

However, I believe el simo is town.

Omg
What?????? LoL, scum, did you read your pm. There does seems to two splits here.
I am scum because how? It's in jest, but that's not the problem here.
You're just not good at getting reactions/good at this game
Jase wrote:That sounds like an admission of guilt DH. Lynching time?
You too.
AWESOME deduction skills long. I'll get better.
"Slaxx, comparing Retro to Smit is like comparing apples to oragnes. Retro actually has shown that he is intelligent, Smit is yet to do that." - el simo, LMAO

"Sober up before you consider posting anymore. I have no idea what the fuck is even going on." - Slaxx, LMAO
Smitster
Smitster
Goon
Smitster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Smitster »

ICEninja wrote:
Elleran wrote: And you want some scum reads? I'll give you some.
I'm beginning to get a feeling that el simo is a scum. His logic makes sense in his arguments, but the way abandons cases looks like he's cutting whichever cases that are only catching attentions rather than steam. However, at the same time, he hasn't been detrimental but actually very helpful by inciting a great deal of discussion. el simo is either a very good scum or a really good townie. I'm leaning toward scum.
Now see, there's a difference between playing passive and simply not giving a single scum read for this kind of length of time. What you said definitely wasn't bad. Not a lot, but consistent with a passive play style. Why did it take so much prodding to get you to say anything at all? You've had your vote placed worthlessly for significant periods of time now, and you just respond to things directed at you, and not even all of that.

Had you presented this earlier, I'd have felt a lot more town things about you, but the fact that you withheld this read for such a long time, I just feel like once again you're trying to appease the town by calling the biggest non-Elleran suspect scummy to get suspicion off you.

Oh and Smit, take it from me. Telling people that you are a vanilla townie without any power roles helps scum a lot and town not at all. Telling us that you're town doesn't convince us you're town. Don't try to convince us you're town, convince us that people you suspect are scum.

You say all the accusations are either random or making a mountain out of a molehill. How about you find a suspicion and actually make a case that is better than all these accusations that you don't like?

Scum isn't going to night kill Smit unless a power role can confirm him as actually town. If Elleran flips scum, I might actually like to pursue a lynch on Smit tomorrow. Either way, he is now a liability to town and can't be allowed to live for much longer.
Your last paragraph here is a complete contradiction i.e. you saying that if a pr will prove me as town it removes my liability but you go to say either way I'm a liability.

Sounds, again, to me that you are fishing for a pr, want to lynch a town today, kill a town tonight and lynch another town (me) tomorrow.

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I shouldn't even have to do this guys. I'm kind of disappointed.
2. Slaxx, your play has been likewise aggressive--however, I'm getting a gut scum-read off of you. I don't know why and it has nothing to do with your vote on me. I'm just getting a bad feeling about you.
Unexplained gut read that, of course, has nothing to do with my vote.
Anyway, Slaxx. Your responses are getting more and more fiery. Why so serious?

VOTE: Slaxx
Votes someone for being serious, even though he just said above I was playing aggressively anyway.
Yeah, I regret my last post. I posted at 12AM after some intense Hamlet; probably the cause of my distracted post.
Not taking responsibility for a vote.
You FoSed me after assuming something hostile beyond my words. Why would a townie assume such a big threat from this apparently harmless post? Your assumption gives me the impression that you are more paranoid or aggressive in your mindset. You seem ready to jump on any post and your mind is extrapolating words from posts that don't say such things.

VOTE: diddin
Thats not a great reason to vote somebody. It could be chalked up to a misunderstanding. I'm not quite fore sure what Elleran is even saying here, but notice the post before Diddin FoSed him.
I actually am quite busy right now. However, I admit that I've read the post occasionally and didn't post. I didn't post because I was not being addressed to as much and I felt like I had said everything I had to say so far. I've posted my position on el simo already, and nothing has changed since.
He hasn't given an opinion that wasnt El simo is town or Diddin is scum I think pretty much the whole game.
I'm beginning to get a feeling that el simo is a scum. His logic makes sense in his arguments, but the way abandons cases looks like he's cutting whichever cases that are only catching attentions rather than steam. However, at the same time, he hasn't been detrimental but actually very helpful by inciting a great deal of discussion. el simo is either a very good scum or a really good townie. I'm leaning toward scum.
When the bandwagon on El Simo picks up he switches his I love el simo hes town to el simo is probably scum. This makes me think el simo might actually be town if Ell flips mafia. It could be that Ell is a mafia power role and he feels his survival is more important than el's. But thats heavy speculation based off of a lot of assumptions.

All I ask for his a case on who is scum, and even then its like pulling teeth. I realize he has a passive playstyle but he needs to realize that if he is town its doing absolutely no good whatsoever. Elleran. Assume there are three scum. Who are they and why?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by el simo »

ELLERAN I KNOW YOU ARE A GUY BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN EVER I TYPE ABOUT YOU I TYPE SHE AND HER AND THEN GO BACK AND EDIT MY POST AND I'M NOT REALLY BOTHERED ANYMORE SO I'M JUST GOING TO LEAVE THE SHE'S AND HERS IN THERE.

Eh I disagree with most of that Slaxx. It isn't her statements that bother me, it's the fact that she does nothing, ever. One could say this is because she is busy, but I doubt that. If she was busy she wouldn't be reading the game so closely. We know that she is doing this because as soon as someone mentions her name and puts a vote on her she pops out of no where and addresses the statement, then returns straight back to her lurking. This is what bothers me about her.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Tenth Vote Count of Day 1:

[0] Benmage - [
diddin
]
[0] Slaxx - [
TheLonging Elleran
Smitser
]
[4] Elleran - [
Sweep Slaxx
DemonHybrid,
ICEninja
diddin,
Benmage
TheLonging,
Slaxx, ICEninja]
[2] ICEninja - [
Benmage, el simo, diddin
Smitster, TheLonging]
[0] Sweep - [
Elleran, ICEninja, Slaxx, Retrospective
Jase,
DemonHybrid
]
[1] Retrospective - [
ICEninja,
el simo, Elleran
Sweep]
[0] TheLonging - [
Jase
]
[0] diddin - [
el simo
Elleran
]
[1] Jase - [el simo]
[3] el simo - [Benmage,
ICEninja,
Retrospective
Jase, Retrospective]
[0] DemonHybrid - [
Retrospective
Slaxx
]
[0] No Lynch -
Smitster

[1] Not Voting - [Elleran]

Names in
strikethrough text
indicate unvotes.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to achieve a lynch and to end Day 1. Deadline for this day can be found here.

It has come to my attention that striking the names of people who have unvoted may be making the votecounts counter-intuitive and a pain to read. If you would rather have them done the conventional way, simply post
Vote: Stricken Names
Removing the feature will take a simple majority, and it will not count as your lynch vote.
Last edited by RichardGHP on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Elleran »

V/LA from 10/9 to 10/10

@el simo: Okay, lol. Fine... Little disturbing to read though.

@Slaxx: I think (el simo and Smitster) and (Slaxx and ICE and Jase) have different alignments. There has been way too much push against one another to be bussing.
Helloran Elleran
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Elleran »

V/LA from 10/9 to 10/10
Helloran Elleran
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I'm not having two month-long V/LAs. If you can't stay within posting requirements, you're out.

Will you be able to post, Elleran?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Uh.....

October 9th to October 10th...
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

My mistake. You Americans and your back-to-front dates! For the record, you are not required to announce a Vacation or Leave of Absence if it only lasts one day.

On a side note, please refer to the last votecount for some important information.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I keep forgetting you're a kiwi. My bad lol

You want this one.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Jase »

I won't likely be posting much this weekend. Plans and such. I'll still try and pop in once a day to comment, but no promises.

I'm feeling an elleran lynch coming on. I support this. I won't vote until Monday just in case the wagon grows really fast, and I'm not around if something changes my mind(doubtful).
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Elleran »

RichardGHP wrote:
My mistake. You Americans and your back-to-front dates! For the record, you are not required to announce a Vacation or Leave of Absence if it only lasts one day.

On a side note, please refer to the last votecount for some important information.
lol Sorry, I meant V/LA from Saturday to Sunday of this week.
Helloran Elleran
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: Stricken Names

Kind of hard to read.

You want this one.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Retrospective »

I"m at a friend's house doing an overnight starcraft II lanparty :3

Anyway, if I can't have an el simo/sweep lynch, I'll settle for Elleran.

Unvote; Vote: Elleran

Let's see the reactions.

Also my case against DH still stands. obvious mafia is obvious.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oh shit, I know. My vote for the stricken names was a total slip. :(

You want this one.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by el simo »

Retrospective wrote:I"m at a friend's house doing an overnight starcraft II lanparty :3

Anyway, if I can't have an el simo/sweep lynch, I'll settle for Elleran.

Unvote; Vote: Elleran

Let's see the reactions.

Also my case against DH still stands. obvious mafia is obvious.
And you guys called me wishy washy?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by el simo »

Eh sorry just remembered his unvote of me was a joke.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by el simo »

Retrospective wrote:Meh, when you say it like that, I agree and think "MUST LYNCH NOW". But this is about the only thing I agree with el simo on this game, I think that Elleran's responses weren't great, but they never screamed mafia to me... I just see someone who isn't providing much. Granted, what I see doesn't indicate alignment at all. My very slight scumread on Elleran is mostly just a lack of towntells.

Meh, if a el simo/sweep lynch doesn't get steam, I guess I'll vote Elleran.
Eitherway I find it disturbing that he is willing to lynch someone based on these premises.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Slaxx »

You're both wishy washy.

If Ell flips town, which he won't if there is any decency in the world, then I'll reformat my whole line of thinking.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by el simo »

Slaxx wrote:You're both wishy washy.

If Ell flips town, which he won't if there is any decency in the world, then I'll reformat my whole line of thinking.
Mmm imo if he flips scum, it's not for the reasons you outlined in your last post. His posting habits are a lot more telling then his 'cases'.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”