Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I think furculow just does this to get an impressive post count. I'm serious. I don't even think
he
believes the stuff he is spouting. If he did he wouldn't have waited until now to post his "revelatory" "reinterpretation" of posts by parama, sky and palmertrou (post # 293).

I reckon he read somewhere (probably something by Albert B. Rampage) that a good strategy is to focus in on one person or one group and be as aggressive as you possibly can, and is now just doing exactly that. The chances of the best mafia player ever pegging an entire scumteam day one is about 0 and Furc is certainly not the best mafia player ever.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 am

Post by palmertrou »

@ThAdmiral, well as long as we all recognise this and don't start following his lead then I'm less inclined to vote for him as I'm starting to think he might be town. Probably actually. I don't want to vote for someone who I think is town even though it might end up being bad for me.

With that in mind I'm going to vote rudeboy instead, mainly for lurking. I also don't like his twist of 'Town don't lie!', when all I really did was that I had made a mistake, about something that really doesn't matter anyway.

Vote: Rudeboy
Reminder to self. Don't post drunk.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Benmage »

Skyquiem wrote:
Benmage wrote:
unvote vote a2rudeboy
Deadline is vastly approaching. Look at that slots contribution.
Oh wow. Want to talk about your blatant hypocrisy much?

Not seeing much from your slot either son.
Geeeeze scummiest post ever. Total deflection. Whatever scumminess may or maynot be attributed to me does nothing to negate the scumminess of rudeboy. Nice try.

Moar rudeboy votes.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Furcolow »

vote: palmer

i obviously cant convince you all on skyquiem and parama.... yet
you all will see the light eventually

and no, i didnt read any guides. I play from the heart. I believe these 3 are scum. Parama is #3 on my list, so my read on him is a little weaker, probably because he is better at hiding his alignment than his noob allies.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by palmertrou »

I pretty certain I'm L-1.

The only person I can see hammering here is Jenniwren. I have had my suspicions of her so let's see what she does.
Jenniwren, if your town don't hammer me, you know I'm not scum, don't try convince yourself that I am for the sake of a lynch.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Furcolow »

if shes town how does she know youre not scum
head + wall
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Furcolow wrote:
vote: palmer

i obviously cant convince you all on skyquiem and parama.... yet
you all will see the light eventually

and no, i didnt read any guides. I play from the heart. I believe these 3 are scum. Parama is #3 on my list, so my read on him is a little weaker, probably because he is better at hiding his alignment than his noob allies.
If I get hammered please will someone rub furs D1 play in his face and maybe he'll stop being so cocky. Maybe then he'll be a bit less of a town liability.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Furcolow »

and when you flip scum then what?
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Skyquiem »

@benmage

You've got to be joking right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. That's the only explanation for that response.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by palmertrou »

A no lynch is better than lynching town = fact
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Furcolow »

that does nothing to prove youre town
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Palmer
: The only person's alignment I know for certain is my own. As far as what I think about you...I think you are scum. You've done little to no scumhunting, instead choosing to spend 90% of your time in this game talking about metas and people's locations and your own role and some nebulous plan to triumph over scum and save the day--I mean, yourself. When you
have
voted, or voiced suspicions, your arguments have been very weak. Right now you are saying that you think any other wagon besides yours would be more likely to hit scum, and you say whose wagon you wouldn't be willing to hop on, but you have never done any scumhunting, and you pretty much only vote based on who you think would make a good wagon (or so you've implied when voting, as you've actually said the word "wagon"
every single time
you have voted outside of RVS.).
Palmertrou ISO 26 wrote:I don't want to vote for Skyquiem just because it's the
counterwagon
. Unless people think a
wagon
on Furcolow would be better I'm going to go ahead and...Vote: Jenniwren
Palmertrou ISO 37 wrote:What I'm going to do is vote Furcolow right now in hope that people will see that it's a better
wagon
than Sky's.
Palmertrou ISO 40 wrote:I don't see a
wagon
on Furcolow gaining much traction but he seems to be the most suspicious to me today. Unvote: Vote Skyqiuem
Palmertrou ISO 41 wrote:switching to the biggest
counterwagon
. Vote Furcolow
(By the way, I LOVE the dramatic pause when you vote for me... :roll: )

My thoughts on your claim:
The way you've approached this game, if you are a roleblocker, and you want people's locations, then I can only think you would be a scum or third-party roleblocker.

Some of your quotes that are still making me scratch my head:
Palmertrou ISO 19 wrote:Anyway, scum know that I'm a PR, the PR's know I'm a PR but can't defend me without outing themselves in the process. I really don't want that either.
How do scum AND town PRs know who you are? I've not played mafia as long as some of you, but I've never been in a game where the scum and the town PRs know a PR before a claim or flip. This comment therefore does. not. compute.
Palmertrou ISO 22 wrote:Jeez guys... if you look for holes hard enough you will find them. Your only looking for holes because you like to make people feel insignificant to your superior intellect. I will not reply to you. If you want me to reply to you, you don't talk to me like an infant. I'm kinda okay with you believing the opposite because I like to see guys like you get egg on your face.
AtE much? And your claim IS full of weirdness. You aren't addressing their concerns here; all you are doing is complaining that they are questioning your claim. I've seen people treat others like they are stupid in mafia games, and they weren't doing that
at all
Palmertrou ISO 30 wrote:I suppose the best answer I can give is that if I was lying about my alingment why would I tell the truth about my role. I can't really think of a reason. I'm sure someone could probably concoct a far fetched reason why.
Because scum have roleblockers too? Is that reeeeally SO far-fetched?
Palmertrou ISO 40 wrote:I'm trying to figure out the likelyhood of if he is in the game. If it's near enough 100% then I could do something to save myself getting lynched but it doesn't sound like it is certain enough (see coach travis' post)
Palmertrou ISO 40 wrote:I wanted to clear myself by claiming a role that was approximatley 100% likely to be in the game in everyone elses opinion. Of corse I'm not disputing that he's less than 100% likely to be in the game. This was so that if it was found out that nobody else was the thiefmaker then I am telling the truth about my claim. See?
So you want everyone else to claim, or to say they aren't the Thiefmaker, and that will validate your claim? You do know that if it's your fakeclaim, no one else will be the Thiefmaker, either. I see that you're saying that to try to prove your claim is legitimate, but you are using a very convoluted explanation to do so, and those lengths only make me think you are flailing.
Palmertrou 46 wrote:A no lynch is better than lynching town = fact
Maybe later on in the game...but on D1, it's better to lynch than to not lynch. I'd prefer lynching scum, and I think you are scum, so I'm happy to vote you.
Palmertrou ISO 32 wrote:2)Why is my
scum
claim awful?
Not saying it's a slip, since you did write the word "scum" in the sentence preceding this one...but it does rather look a bit like one.

Vote: Palmertrou

You can't blame anyone but yourself for your lynch, as again, you've spent your time in this game doing everything but scumhunting, including the thing about your meta, the inquest into locations, and lots of defense and QQ about your claim...including not one but TWO complaints that people were trying to hard too find holes in your claim (ISOs 22 and 42). (Finding holes is sort of the point of mafia, is it not?)
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 am

Post by Parama »

Jenni is scum if palmer flips town. Trying to hard to justify that there hammer vote. I think it was a hammer? If not, meeh still think jenni's scum if palmer's town.
Oh, and I think palmer's town.
unvote, vote: jenniwren
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Furcolow »

well, as a town, we get a
ton
of information out of this
palmer's idiocy really polarized us
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Bit tired, so this may not be the best post ever.

Quite a lot was posted these past two days, allthough I don't think a lot was said.

Furcolow and Sky butting heads still isn't giving me scumvibes from either of them.

Furcolow: what what the point of those vote switches? We are pretty close to deadline, did you think you would be able to build a lynching wagon on Parama?

@Palmer: if jenni doesn't hammer you, who should she hammer? The next closest bandwagon is at L-4, and a full majority is needed for a lynch. I strongly disagree with you when you claim that town mislynch is worse then no lynch, btw. The information gained by seeing a flip is quite valuable, and the player getting lynched is very likely to get lynched later in the game anyway.

Glad to see that this town is able to actually reach a lynch. A tip for those players who were against a palmer lynch: if you don't want a certain lynch to happen, at least make sure that a viable alternative is present.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Parama wrote:Jenni is scum if palmer flips town. Trying to hard to justify that there hammer vote. I think it was a hammer? If not, meeh still think jenni's scum if palmer's town.
Oh, and I think palmer's town.
unvote, vote: jenniwren
Totally with you on this. Jenniwren is the lynch for day 2. Period.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

palmertrou wrote:A no lynch is better than lynching town = fact
false.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Benmage »

Skyquiem wrote:@benmage

You've got to be joking right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. That's the only explanation for that response.
I'm gonna take your level of experience...and just allow this one to go over your head.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by palmertrou »

you know the reason? it's because she unvoted after my claim unquestionably. Why? Because she knew I was town, she didn't fathom the fact that the rest of town would have uncertainties about my claim.

Reckoning this will be my last statement in this game. I'm pretty drunk right now. Don't listen to furcolow, listen to parama, I'm uncertain about Macklock and DDD but if you confirm these two as town you will have good info.

I've said a lot of things today with the assumation that I will be lynched. Please now re-read me in iso.

I also have a strong feeling that all three scum were on my wagon.

Thadmiral and bennmage are town. Null read on Sky. Good luck guys.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Benmage wrote:
false.
pffff, please explain.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Also, please dont be so quick to clear Parama after my flip. I'm sorry parama, if your town, but I just get the sense that this could be a great way to clear yourself early. It's out of respect for you that I ask this of town. Much love.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Benmage »

palmertrou wrote:
Benmage wrote:
false.
pffff, please explain.
No lynch D1 means you enter D2 down a townie with virtually no info to go on. A lynch D1 even on a townie shows how people acted tow agons, votes, etc etc.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by palmertrou »

MichelSableheart wrote: Glad to see that this town is able to actually reach a lynch. A tip for those players who were against a palmer lynch: if you don't want a certain lynch to happen, at least make sure that a viable alternative is present.
This. Although to defend, in relativaty scum would just sit back in this situation I feel. Seasoned scum I think, that's an important thing.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by palmertrou »

Benmage wrote:
palmertrou wrote:
Benmage wrote:
false.
pffff, please explain.
No lynch D1 means you enter D2 down a townie with virtually no info to go on. A lynch D1 even on a townie shows how people acted tow agons, votes, etc etc.
If Jenniwren flips scum then you win this argument.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

I know we're heading into night, but i just wanted to post this up as I have in all my other games
v/la until Monday... I has mono, and need the recovery time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”