Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

It's because Thor could be either scum making up reads or town bad at detecting bullshit.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Vote count coming later this afternoon, when I'm not drowning in schoolwork.

Additionally, Nobody Special has requested replacement. Searching for one now...
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Twomz »

Hmmm... so it appears it was my scope that was restricted. Might have to do a quick reread to figure out what's going on with the wagon.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 am

Post by LimMePls »

danakillsu wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
dana wrote:You see, the keyword here is: RANDOM. I don't recall ever having a large random wagon on me. If I knew it was random, I sure wouldn't care.
So you would be OK with having a large wagon formed against you with absolutely no game related reasoning but react poorly when people wagon you with reasons?
This is partially true. For instance, I'm rather mad about the wagon on me now, because it claims to have reasons, when really it is just based on one random comment I made with my random vote and some IMPRESSIONS that Nikanor had about my response to his case. It's almost funny how stupid the whole thing is. However, if someone were to make a really good case on me, I would not be mad at all, and I also would not be mad if there was a large, ADMITTEDLY random wagon on me. I really don't know if the current wagon on me is supposed to be random. Oh, and btw, Wraith really just doesn't like me. His meta isn't worth a hill of beans, considering it was based on one ongoing game, AND I haven't even had enough time to scumtell the way I did in that game.
LOL
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 am

Post by LimMePls »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:For future reference – the order of the Dana wagon

Nikanor, Thor, DanielofManyNumbers, SquareOb, LMP, ApCakes, Furry, Bowser

Dana has made it to L-2 in four pages. I approve of the bandwagon if only for the copious information it has provided in Dana’s reaction and the reasons for each and every one of those votes. If Dana is scum or Town there are very likely scum in the above list.
No shit. What a ridiculous statement. You could take 8 players off the player list at random and there would "very likely [be] scum in the list". Where we just feeling like Captain Obvious MOI?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

Nikanor wrote:
Thor wrote:I agree it's dumb, but I'd like to note that I feel I'm the brilliant half of the conversation..
Maybe it's because I know that the only decently-sized post I made before you called me town was complete bullshit, but I actually laughed at this.
The fact that my post was bullshit either means that you're scum making up reads or, well... :roll:

Unvote. Vote: Nero Cain.

Why are you voting for Thor and not for me? Is there something about Thor's posting that makes him scummier in your mind?
Preview: MoI beat me to it. :(
I don't know about other people's experience, but every time I've seen "why are you voting X instead of me" it's come from scum. Anecdotal I know, but still...

V/LA on weekends
Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Data »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bowser

srs vote.

Last to post in thread, despite definitely being around. Gut twinged at his vote post. It all just feels very 'safe'.
Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.

Not bothering to do the roleplaying thing anymore, for the most part. Too lazy.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Nero wrote:For Nik's and Thor's back and forth to be distancing they'd both have to be scum.

Its also plausible that Thor was buddying up to Nik in 73 by saying he had a pretty strong town read. Therefore I put my vot on Thor. Thor scum=Nik scum.
I understand your statement but here is my problem.

You implicitly state that you have a non-Town read on Nik when you question Thor’s Town-read on him. You don’t explicitly say you think Thor is scummy other than saying you think he and Nik are distancing. I find it curious that your vote didn’t go to the half of the team that you implied was not Town to begin with.

Let me ask you – do you see scum-motivation in Thor and Nik getting into a pointless argument early in the thread? Do you think experienced players (both are) would likely stage such a distancing argument that was obvious you pick up on it right away?
LMP wrote:No shit. What a ridiculous statement. You could take 8 players off the player list at random and there would "very likely [be] scum in the list". Where we just feeling like Captain Obvious MOI?
And yet expressing my opinion on Dana’s wagon is far different from ‘randomly picking 8 players’ and saying ‘Look – scum is in here’. You know very well that is the case. Your reaction here looks like either reaction-fishing or trying to role-play up your in-game ‘Psycho’ role. Noted.

Once we know Dana’s alignment the motivations stated for those getting on the wagon will help sort scum from Town.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 am

Post by LimMePls »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:And yet expressing my opinion on Dana’s wagon is far different from ‘randomly picking 8 players’ and saying ‘Look – scum is in here’. You know very well that is the case. Your reaction here looks like either reaction-fishing or trying to role-play up your in-game ‘Psycho’ role. Noted.
HAHA, or both. ;)

Seriously though, my point is, given any 8 players on a wagon, I could tell you for sure there is scum on my list. My point is, you're not really saying anything that isn't obvious.

V/LA on weekends
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:43 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

LynchMePls wrote:HAHA, or both. ;)

Seriously though, my point is, given any 8 players on a wagon, I could tell you for sure there is scum on my list. My point is, you're not really saying anything that isn't obvious.
I guess you missed the whole point of prefecing it with 'For future reference' then. It is something I clearly want to come back to at a later time. Whether you consider it as obvious or not isn't really important to me at this juncture.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

About one kilometer northeast of Istor Forest
Colonized Sector 2, UTP Planet Liten, Tynnfred System
December 4th, 2486 SC (Day 3, Month 15 LC)
0555 hours SST (0707 hours LLT2)

The colonists kept closer to the rear of the group, observing as the Megiddos glanced suspiciously amongst themselves. It only took an hour before a massive argument broke out amongst the SOB operatives.

"Interesting," Dr. Gordon remarked. "To see a unit that depends on trust in each other, now deprived of their greatest strength. Tragic, isn't it?"

Furry glared at him, some emotion finally smoldering in her eyes. "You think it's 'interesting', do you? Just wait until we start mercilessly
murdering
each other like wild beasts. Let's see how interesting you think it is to have to beg for mercy from the people you once called friends, and then callously be executed anyway!" Tears began brimming in her eyes, and she turned away. "So this was how it feels," she murmured. "How Sarah felt..."

Travis placed a hand on Furry's shoulder. "Please, Leslie, this is not the time for mourning. If we don't get off of Liten, we'll all die."

"And what makes you think we aren't dead already?"

Someone dropped back from the front of the group to join up with them. It was Jack. "How are you guys holding up?" he inquired.

"The hell would you care?" Furry hissed. "You left your family and the colony behind a long time ago, why do you give a damn about us now?"

Everyone glanced awkwardly at each other. "Travis and I seem to be fine, relatively speaking," Dr. Gordon spoke. "Furry...well, not to be rude, but all the recent carnage has taken a heavy toll on her psyche. She would greatly benefit from counseling."

"Dear Darwin, Joshua, do you even remember that you
had
a wife? Or three darling children? That were
brutally
eviscerated by the Arkons?"

"Of course I do, but unlike you, I am keeping myself under strictest control in order to aid our group's survival in whatever ways necessary. As you should be doing."

Furry's eyes flared. "You have no idea, you bastard!" she screamed. "You have no idea what it's like to relive your worst nightmare for a second time!" Enraged, she turned around and deliberately strode off to a solitary distance behind the group.

"I suppose this would be a bad time to ask Furry about my brother," Jack remarked.

Travis nodded. "Aye."

Vote Count 1.1

(6) danakillsu: Thor665, daniel94581, Square Obscure, LunchMePls, apathyplusCUPCAKES, Bowser
(2) Thor665: Nobody Special, Nero Cain
(2) Data: AlmasterGM, Furry
(1) LynchMePls: danakillsu
(1) Slaxx: MagnaofIllusion
(1) AlmasterGM: Slaxx
(1) Feysal: Twomz
(1) Nero Cain: Nikanor
(1) Bowser: Data

Not Voting: Spyrex, Feysal

With eighteen people alive, it takes ten votes to lynch.
The deadline is Sunday, October 31st, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. CST.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 am

Post by danakillsu »

I don't know where this part about flailing or laughing at my posts, or really anything posted in this thread thus far is going. I have no idea whether what has been said about me is random, or what any of the players really think about me, but I would like to know. Please state any reasons you have for thinking I am scum in one coherent post. I expect this from more than one person currently voting for me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah, honestly I'm not getting the dana wagon.

On the plus side, Nikanor is posting, so he's probably town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Woooo this game is slow. thank GOD.

However,

This:
dana wrote:I don't know where this part about flailing or laughing at my posts, or really anything posted in this thread thus far is going. I have no idea whether what has been said about me is random, or what any of the players really think about me, but I would like to know. Please state any reasons you have for thinking I am scum in one coherent post. I expect this from more than one person currently voting for me.
Town.

This:
Let's see how much more Dana flails with another vote. I love how the flailing started after one vote.

VOTE: dana for great justice

oh, and uh...MWAHAHA and such
Scum.

Unvote, Vote: Bowser
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Hey look, better wagon.

unvote, Vote:Bowser
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Nikanor »

AGM wrote:On the plus side, Nikanor is posting, so he's probably town.
:P
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

danakillsu wrote:Please state any reasons you have for thinking I am scum in one coherent post. I expect this from more than one person currently voting for me.
My reasons for voting you were;

Bandwagoning.
Statistics vis'a'vi Nikanor's alignment from my perspective.
Desire to see your reactions.

Hopefully that's coherent.
Square Obscure
Square Obscure
Townie
Square Obscure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Square Obscure »

Vote was for meta, but at the moment I don't see much beyond a bit of meta-relation, and meta alone isn't a good enough reason for a vote.
Unvote
Square Obscure
Square Obscure
Townie
Square Obscure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Square Obscure »

EBWOP: ^^Wraith
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:52 am

Post by danakillsu »

vote: Bowser

I agree. I have some experience with CSL and he doesn't normally read this way to me. Apparently the wagon on me was half random, half not-so-good reasons. But that's fine with me, since we are now out of the RVS completely.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

danakillsu wrote:

I agree. I have some experience with CSL and he doesn't normally read this way to me. Apparently the wagon on me was half random, half not-so-good reasons. But that's fine with me, since we are now out of the RVS completely.
What I find funny, is that this should have been obvious before you're "OMG YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN YOUR VOTES ON ME" post. Multiple of the voters (myself included) even said something to the effect of "to see his reaction".

Considering your earlier "I don't flip out about random wagons" comment, your reaction is strange.

V/LA on weekends
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am

Post by danakillsu »

LynchMePls wrote:
danakillsu wrote:

What I find funny, is that this should have been obvious before you're "OMG YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN YOUR VOTES ON ME" post. Multiple of the voters (myself included) even said something to the effect of "to see his reaction".

Considering your earlier "I don't flip out about random wagons" comment, your reaction is strange.
Let's see here...exaggeration...unimportant information...unbacked statement.
I was not at all flustered when I asked people to explain their votes, it is not important if a couple people said beforehand that they wanted to see my reaction, since that was not what my problem with the wagon was, and saying my reaction was strange has no basis. I don't flip out about random wagons, and I didn't even flip out about a wagon that wasn't totally random just now, so I don't know what your point is.
apathyplusCUPCAKES
apathyplusCUPCAKES
Townie
apathyplusCUPCAKES
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

Post by apathyplusCUPCAKES »

Town dana would be flipping a bitch right now.
Scum dana does not want to attract attention.

I think I like where my vote is.
Square Obscure
Square Obscure
Townie
Square Obscure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Square Obscure »

I'm not so sure, apathy. My meta has those reactions switched. We'll see.

--~~~~
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:29 am

Post by danakillsu »

apathyplusCUPCAKES wrote:Town dana would be flipping a bitch right now.
Scum dana does not want to attract attention.

I think I like where my vote is.
Who are you again?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”