HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:02 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Those other wagons don't look too viable at the moment and I'm not in favor of getting another claim out there today. If we're going to move wagons this late, it should be toward the Bowser/Untrod slot, but we someone just needs to end this day.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:08 am

Post by danakillsu »

Around 12:00 noon tomorrow I will hammer SO if a lynch has not been reached. See you then.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Feysal »

I'm less than convinced by Square Obscure's latest reply and flavor claim. I've had the mental image that we're all wearing some sort of body armor. Being called SOBs in the flavor has that badass space marine feel to it. Also, no explanation for why he was so concerned about being vig killed.

Since we're at L-1 however, I prefer to wait. Last chance to explain yourself, Square Obscure. Neither of the other wagons looks nearly as good as this.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

Feysal wrote:I've had the mental image that we're all wearing some sort of body armor. Being called SOBs in the flavor has that badass space marine feel to it.
Meh, he claimed protection, not armor. Even with armor I'm pretty sure there is such a thing as more armor. Don't support hammer talk based on flavor synopsis.
Feysal wrote:Also, no explanation for why he was so concerned about being vig killed.
This seems the best energy I've seen yet for SO scum. That said,

Unvote: Nero Cain
Vote: Untrod Tripod

I feel much more confident with this one and feel it is the actual other wagon that bears some consideration. My read on Newbie Cain is still that and I don't understand a lot of the fluttering there - his actions seem to bespeak more unoptimal play than scummy play. He's a vig option, not a lynch option.
Square Obscure
Square Obscure
Townie
Square Obscure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Square Obscure »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15096

This game is why I'm so concerned about a strongman vig. In that game, there was a town strongman dayvig, and Day 2 he shot (compensating for an Osmodiar Shift) the only actually Bulletproof townie in the game (there was one who was faux-BP but that's not the point).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@SO - what's your current reason for voting Tripod and why didn't you discuss it at all when the mod extended the deadline?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sheesh, I think the number of posts in this game nearly doubled over the deadline extension...

Anyway, vote count incoming.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Square Obscure
Square Obscure
Townie
Square Obscure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Square Obscure »

Right now, I have no idea. I've been losing track of a lot of things right now because I just got hammered by shitloads of English homework yesterday.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The ruleset has been modified.

From
Article I: Day

8c. If a player continually skirts the prodding threshold with insubstantial antiprod posts, they may be prodded anyway at the mod's discretion. These prods count toward the three-prod threshold mentioned in Article I, Section 8b.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Meggido Extraction Point
Colonized Sector 2, UTP Planet Liten, Tynnfred System
December 4th, 2486 SC (Day 3, Month 15 LC)
1031 hours SST (1746 hours LLT2)

The Meggidos, as well as the colonists, clustered around in a small clearing of boing grass amidst the rocky terrain. They sat in a haphazard circle, slurping spoonfuls of expand-a-meals vicariously; it was the first true source of sustenance they'd had since the ambush. Some tuned themselves out from the rest of the world, some chatted quietly amongst themselves, and some listened to:

"So there was this one time on Cassidy," Pal began. "I was out hunting by myself in some backwater neck of the woods, hunting for--"

"Just skipped to the part where you fucked the bear," Psycho urged.

Giving the middle-finger salute to Psycho, Pal continued, "--hunting for nicapaloca, when all of a sudden I hear this loud
CRASH
, like the sound of ten thousand fists in the air. I turn around, and guess--"

"What in fuck's name does that mean?" Chuck inquired.

"What does what mean?"

"Ten thousand fists in the air. The hell you talking about?"

Pal shrugged. "Hiaunnho. It just came to me. In my brain."

Chuck nodded. "Uh huh. I would say my mother's the Queen of England, except she was."

"Up yours. So anyways, I turn around, and guess what I saw?"

"The light?" Wesley suggested.

Pal stared. "Huh. Never figured you to be the type to joke about religion."

"The Lord can most certainly appreciate good humor. Was I right?"

"Fuck, no. What I saw was the biggest, meanest, most I-gonna-fuck-your-shit-up-est monster of the century: a--"

"Ungh!" Simona laid her spoon in her bowl and pressed the free hand to her head. "The hell was that?"

"God
dammit
Simona!" Pal shouted. "Could I
please
get ten words out
without getting fucking inter
--"

Suddenly Simona dropped her bowl of expand-a-meal and clutched the top of her head in her hands. Bloodcurdling, agonizing screams blasted from her mouth, as she rolled around and thrashed about on the ground.

Everyone started. "It's an Arkon mind attack!" Jack yelled. "They're scrambling her mind!"

Pal's face blanched. "They're scrambling...oh,
shit
!" He slowly began backing away from the scene, but Chuck stopped him with the butt of his laser rifle.

"But...this isn't possible," Arthur stated.

"Why not?" Ingrid asked. "We already know the Arkons have psychic powers."

"Yes, but all the known data states that they require physical contact with humans in order to mind kill them--"

"Who's to say we've seen everything there is to know about Arkon mind killing?" countered Bill. "Just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it can't exist."

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Travis queried.

"Yes." Black Cat stepped up to the flailing Simona, Sherry pointed straight at her. "We put her out of her misery--"

"No!" Sara cried, stepping between Black Cat and Simona. "We can't do this! There must be
something
we can do!"

Black Cat shook her head. "You can't stop it," she said sorrowfully. "Not without killing the attacker. She's gone, Captain. Please move. You're in my line of fire."

"Gaaaayrk!" With a final convulsion, Simona flung her limbs out and lay still on the grass.

"Jesus..." Sara breathed. "Someone...check her pulse--"

Without warning, guitar strumming was heard, and a voice began to sing, in a low, off-key bass:

Well, I went to the doctor
I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough."
"Let me break it to you, son
Your shit's fucked up."

Everyone turned and saw Geordi and Psycho sitting nearby, the former strumming his guitar and the latter exercising his vocal cords.

"The hell is this shit?" Ellen demanded to know.

I said, "my shit's fucked up?"
Well, I don't see how--"
He said, "The shit that used to work--
It won't work now."

"Did you guys just completely fucking
lose
it?" Jezebel screamed.

"You think this is funny, you fucking motherfuckers?" Pal added.

Then a female voice starting singing,

I had a dream
Ah, shucks, oh, well
Now it's all fucked up
It's shot to hell

Everyone turned to see--

"Jesus H. fucking Christ!" Bill exclaimed. "
Simona
?"

Indeed, Simona was on her feet, and she strode through the throng of dazed people to join Geordi and Psycho. Both Psycho and Simona sang together now:

Yeah, yeah, my shit's fucked up
It has to happen to the best of us
The rich folks suffer like the rest of us
It'll happen to you

No one else spoke a word. Psycho and Simona began to alternate lines.

PSYCHO:
That amazing grace

SIMONA:
Sort of passed you by

PSYCHO:
You wake up every day

SIMONA:
And you start to cry

And once more they sang together.

Yeah, you want to die
But you just can't quit
Let me break it on down:
It's the fucked up shit

Geordi played the final strum. Silence reigned supreme over the camp.

Then all three of them erupted with laughter. "Oh my god, did you guys bite on that one!" Simona gasped, struggling for breath amidst the chortles.

"That was...a
joke
?" Joshua said disbelievingly.

"You bet your ass it was!" Pyscho replied, grinning. "Simona figured we needed some, ah,
lightening of the mood
."

"You've
gotta
be kidding me," Kestrel groaned. "At least my gut didn't actually let me down again."

"Simona, you asshole!" Pal yelled, his face as red as the Liten sky above them. "We thought you were dying, dammit! That wasn't funny!" He then glared at Geordi. "I knew you've always been her partner in crime, but
this
--this was too far!"

"Oh, chillax, big guy," Geordi commented, patting Pal on the shoulder. "You're just pissed because we interrupted your wonderful, magnificent story."

"And what a welcome diversion it was," Chuck commented, a smile on his face. "Much better than your tall tales."

Pal sniffed. "Look who's talking, Mr. Wallbreaker. You've got quite the bravado build-up yourself."

"Unlike you, however, my awesomeness precedes me, and thus requires no embellishing on my part."

"Ah, fuck you."

Vote Count 1.6

(9) Square Obscure: AlmasterGM, LynchMePlz, Untrod Tripod, Slaxx, ThAdmiral, MagnaofIllusion, HackerHucker, Twomz, Cogito Ergo Sum
(4) Untrod Tripod: danakillsu, Nikanor, Square Obscure, Thor665
(2) Nero Cain: Furry, SpyreX
(1) danakillsu: apathyplusSADFACE
(1) MagnaofIllusion: Nero Cain

Not Voting: Feysal

With eighteen people alive, it takes ten votes to lynch.
The deadline is Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. CST.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Twomz »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
Stand by while the rigged ballots are introduced into the vote count. ;)
:igmeou:
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Furry »

Square Obscure wrote:Right now, I have no idea. I've been losing track of a lot of things right now because I just got hammered by shitloads of English homework yesterday.
If you are complaining about a high school work load imma track you down.

Drop Feysal to fourth on the "to die now" list, CES and Twomz gain a spot.
Temporary unretired alt
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm finding Feysal worse then CES on a meta basis for their current activity. I don't know Twomz from spit though.

SO's answer to my question is terrible and helps my read of him not at all. That said; I'm actually nervous about how there's been no real movement off his wagon even though I've been campaigning around offering a viable counterwagon for some time now. I'm pretty sure we're lynching town and would much rather lynch Tripod.
apathyplusCUPCAKES
apathyplusCUPCAKES
Townie
apathyplusCUPCAKES
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by apathyplusCUPCAKES »

Willing to hammer. SO's use of a bastard mod game to back up their reasoning is ridiculous.

Dana really needs to be looked at bad. Will put a post together this weekend if I have time.

Actually, if no one objects, I will hammer in the next few hours.
Square Obscure
Square Obscure
Townie
Square Obscure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Square Obscure »

Oh, so you lurk through the day and come back suddenly willing to hammer? Nice.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looking at it again, that was an absurdly long flavor segment for a vote count...oh well.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Thor665 »

apathyplusCUPCAKES wrote:Actually, if no one objects, I will hammer in the next few hours.
I object.
Give your read on Tripod.
Then vote him.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not hammering this.

YEA, thats right. I'm not.

This is bad and I'll take the flak if I'm wrong but you bet your sweet ass there's gonna be hell to pay from some of you if I'm right.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

while I like a bowser lynch, I'm not getting all the cold feet on Square. There's nothing I've seen out of any of you that indicates he's likely town. It just seems like you have other people you want to lynch. While that's normally a good reason to start another wagon, we've wound down our time on this day.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: Square Obscure.

This game is seriously hopeless. Deadline wagons are terrible but whatever. I'm going to be at work tomorrow and I don't want a NL on d1.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Feysal »

That was the final vote then. Hopefully we got it right. I agree the bastard mod game was not really an explanation, and being bulletproof is one of those powers that becomes meaningless once revealed. Well, we're about to see.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

SquareOb wrote:Flavor: I've faced the Arkons before and know what kind of damage they're capable of doing, so in paranoia/nervousness I brought along extra protection.
Certainly only 1 thing needs to be said about this – Worst Fakeflavor ever. One only has to look at their role PM to see the rich flavor SaintK took the time to craft. Mangled and poor flavor, as shown above, does not match what I would expect to see.
danakillsu wrote:Around 12:00 noon tomorrow I will hammer SO if a lynch has not been reached. See you then.
Feysal wrote:Since we're at L-1 however, I prefer to wait. Last chance to explain yourself, Square Obscure. Neither of the other wagons looks nearly as good as this.
ApCakes wrote:Willing to hammer. SO's use of a bastard mod game to back up their reasoning is ridiculous.

Dana really needs to be looked at bad. Will put a post together this weekend if I have time.

Actually, if no one objects, I will hammer in the next few hours.
My final list of suggested via targets if Square does flip scum are quoted above – dana, Feysal and ApCakes.

Unfortunately for Feysal he didn’t cast A SINGLE VOTE ALL DAY and has delayed multiple times on voting for Square despite expressing concern about their claim.

To basically lurk the entire day away and then come beck offering to hammer, IF ALLOWED, is scumtastic of ApCakes. Essentially they want to be on the wagon only if they get permission (and thus can attempt to wave away suspicion if the lynch turns bad but can claim credit if it is a Scum lynch).

Really my read on Dana is gut but I dislike the passive push on Untrod when reviewing her ISO I don’t see much related to Square other than a brief throwaway vote that cycles right back to Untrod.

In the end all three look like very late, bad bussing offers if Square flips scum. If he flips Town I revert my suggestion back to having Nero Cain at the top of the list.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you guys. Flavor's just taking a while to write...
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 am

Post by danakillsu »

"Really my read on Dana is gut but I dislike the passive push on Untrod when reviewing her ISO I don’t see much related to Square other than a brief throwaway vote that cycles right back to Untrod."
Could you please stop calling me a "her"? You should know better, especially since I'm modding one of your games.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you guys. Flavor's just taking a while to write...
Cheers on the absolutely epic amount of flavour by the way. *thumbs up*
Don't ask me to provide self meta

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”