Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Chimaira »

Apologies for not posting much recently, I haven't been feeling very well.
Pineapple Post 386 wrote:maybe because i didnt go out of my way not to comment on it.
Really now?
Pineapple Post 294 wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

fourth, @ FourTigers: you expressed a desire to lynch bv311 earlier, and have again mentioned that you will vote him closer to deadline. so what is preventing you from voting him/joining the bandwagon now?
Pineapple Post 326 wrote:
IceCream wrote:
Icecream wrote:
Pineapple wrote:I just commented on random stuff I saw while catching up. If you want me to comment on anything specific, just tell me.
@bv310: Please post a vote count. —Apple
Who do you think is scum? Do you have any opinion other than just defending yourself?
This has yet to be answered. I am disappoint.
that question was directed towards my partner who is replacing out at the moment. so it likely will go unanswered.

i am also willing to hammer bv311 if needed, but only after a claim.
Pineapple Post 334 wrote:@Troll: i believe i did ask for him to claim...although perhaps a bit indirectly. and yes i have every intent to hammer him at this point in time.
Pineapple Post 374 wrote:
Crab Canon wrote:
Pineapple wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.
lol, you seriously think it's related to troll. This post to me looks like Pineapple hedging his bets on his buddy getting run up out of nowhere. The reason I voted bv311 was because he was doing nothing and I wanted a read on him. His intent to continue to do nothing shows me that he stands at least a decent chance of being scum and would be a great lynch today. You saying 'oh well, I'd vote him but I'm not going to' screams scum buddy. If he flips scum, you may as well kill us tonight because I'm going to want you dead tomorrow.
no i didnt seriously think it was related to troll. but thought i'd ask anyway.

also interesting to note that this post looks like you planning on running me up to a lynch tomorrow regardless of what i do. good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont.

also i never said that i'd vote him but i'm not going to. i said i'd vote him but wanted a claim from him first.

and he just claimed. VT.

good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont in your eyes. if i hammer him here and he flips VT, then you are all over me for being an obvscum hammer. if i hammer here and he flips scum, then you are all over me for bussing my partner that is an inevitable lynch. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips scum, i look like i was trying to avoid hammering my partner. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips town, i look like i was scum trying to avoid a townie lynch.

but anyway a VT claim isn't reason enough to not hammer him. he hasn't been contributing and has been actively lurking.

Unvote

VOTE: bv311
These four quotes are your only comments on the bv wagon. You take no firm stance on him, slightly defending him while pushing his wagon in the first. A statement to hammer in the second, asking for a claim in the third and then of course the ridiculous hammer post.

I want to know why you were willing to hammer, I want to know why you gave up pushing your supposed scum reads to turn on bv. You clearly avoided taking any position on bv all the while setting yourself up to pass the buck when you hammered him. Your deflections of this point make me more and more convinced you are scum.

~Sotty
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Chimaira wrote:If your hydra partner isn't about then you need to start doing that. I'm talking to Bowser, Crab Canon, MasterSpy, Professor Paradox and TomAndJerry here.
Yeah, I hear you. I've been trying to keep my personal opinions posted in the thread, but you're right that we're chugging toward DL so it's time to do this right.

First of all, Smith's vote on Faranor is odd and needs some explanation. I think Faranor look relatively town, so I don't get it and I certainly don't find it acceptable to just be placed there without another word explaining it.
Pineapple wrote:second, i was a bit ticked off at getting put into a similar situation in two different games. what's ironic is your response to the post is essentially what i said it would be. (or at least expected it to be)
You essentially extrapolated every single scenario possible and claimed I would call you scum no matter what you did. I think TnJ is correct in saying that this has almost no basis in reality. You were timidly heading toward the wagon, which I didn't like and pointed out. I don't see how this translates into me creating a catch-22 for you.
Pineapple wrote:i wasn't questioning the wagon so much as i was questioning CC's motives for the wagon or FT's motives for not joining a wagon that he expressed desire to join. i had nothing against the wagon itself.
If you "had nothing against the wagon" then what does it matter why I started it or people joined? If you found him scummy, you shouldn't care who lynches him. I don't see why you keep trying to play both sides of the argument here. You either wanted him lynched or you didn't.
MS wrote:I can’t believe you actually posted this Nik.

You are suggesting that the lynch wagon had either 2 or 3 of the Scum on it despite the fact that they chose to kill on that wagon which would narrow down the pool. That is terribly stupid logic.
I agree with this. The concentration of scum on that wagon is probably not nearly that dense unless the scum are all complete VIs...and I doubt that is the case.
MS wrote:Players of unrevealed public alignment on the Wagon - Crab Canon, Chimaira, MasterSpy, Mr. Smith, IceCream, Pineapple

Players of unrevealed public alignment off the Wagon - T&J, Prof Paradox, Faranor, Bowser
I also think this is a good point and something I was hoping to get to discuss with my partner, but oh well. Statistically speaking, we may be better off attempting to lynch off the wagon. I personally think TnJ looks townie. Prof. Paradox and Bowser probably bother me the most out of the other three, but none of that groups contributions have been all that stellar. I'm still waiting on PP to do something. I thought the fakehead claim thing was kind of townie, but I really expect more out of Elli than that by now. On the other hand Pineapple's hammer still reeks. Bleh.
Pineapple wrote:you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?

(actually rereading this over i think i can see why, but the questions still stands)
:? This is just weird. I think you raise a valid point if Faranor said that...so why are you saying that you understand why he is voting you? If you're town and the leading wagon, why are you encouraging people to keep their votes on you? Do not like. Especially since you take such an aggressive tone with Chimaira and myself.
Faranor wrote:I don't think masterspy is scum. That's why.
What? You did just say you thought he was scum in the quoted post. Let me guess, this is Faraday. Here we go with the contradictions. You need to explain that post if you're saying you're not calling MS scum there.

edit- STOP POSTING YOUR CONTRADICTING READS IN THREAD. I really should not have to explain why this is scummy. Again. Stop.
Bowser wrote: guess I should start by weighing in on the #1 lynch candidate for today. I'll do so with an ISO
Actually, you really need to give a hell of a lot more than this. Like, reads on everyone and the general passage of events in this game. Your regurgipost of other people's points does nothing for me.
PP wrote:I'M BACK.
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Need to settle in and all that though...will try and get up to date and everything by tomorrow Night.
Waiting.

I really want to hear from IceCream and the gaggle of non-contributors we have.

Vote: Pineapple

Still the scummiest and I want answers to my questions above.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:46 am

Post by bv310 »

D2's second official vote count!

Pineapple (L-2): Faranor, Chimaira, IceCream, Crab Canon
Faranor (L-4): Mr. Smith, Pineapple

Not Voting: Bowser, MasterSpy, Professor Paradox, TomAndJerry

With 10 alive, it will take 6 to lynch, 5 to no-lynch.

Deadline is still set for Tuesday, November 16th at 12:00am (midnight Monday) or the nearest time that I'm awake/not in class (Tuesday's usually suck for me).

No one is in need of prods at this time. Still searching for a head replacement.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Sorry about lack of posts, one head is semi-V/LA and the other's been busy.
Crab Canon wrote:Looking over FourTigers ISO there isn't a huge amount to comment on, which makes me wonder if the scum didn't go after him in an attempt to hit a PR. He didn't seem to fond of Pineapple or IceCream though, who would also be high on my scum list. More to come hopefully later today.
Hi, NK WIFOM! Nice to meet you! Did you know that:
1. Scum may have killed FT because their reads were spot on
2. Scum may have killed FT because their reads were all off
3. Scum may have killed FT because scum were PR hunting
4. Scum may have killed FT because they saw FT as a potential threat

etc. now can we post something useful?
Bowser wrote:I guess I should start by weighing in on the #1 lynch candidate for today.
Allow me to be the first to say "I stopped reading this post here." Can you tell us why
1. You're not scum?
2. You're not legitimately scumhunting?
3. You're still alive?
Nikanor wrote:I suspect MS the most, but Faraday doesn't seem to share my view. Leaving aside the fact that Faraday would change an MS vote to a Pineapple vote if I tried, we both agree that you're probably scum.
Way to justify your vote on me with both scummy reasoning and a disclaimer.
...then discuss this in your QT. I don't really care. The more you post stuff like this, the more it looks like you're trying to look like you're doing work without really doing work at all. Posts like these make your Pineapple vote look like a bandwagon and are what continue to make me believe that the Pineappl wagon is pure BS.
Also post 395 is a waste of space. Don't quote entire walls just to write a single paragraph, please.
TomAndJerry wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:Tom: 248 - Show me what it contradicts. 339 - The wagon was good, even if I felt it was less likely to hit scum than a Bowser lynch was. The lynch was actually pretty damn good too, given a2rudeboy's track record.
Mhm… first two are you trying to cast suspicion on him for it while the third is you saying you don't think it's scummy. Am I misunderstanding something?
I can also tell you why accidentaly revealing your real name is slightly protown,
but scum would abuse that, wouldn't they?
They could "slip up" on purpose and then take fake townie points for it, right? That's why I'm not telling.
….
You are trying to nitpick a statement apart. A statement that you don't understand.
I was very clear that I would consider accidentaly outing your name to be a slight towntell. However, since it is such a minor tell, scum wouldn't abuse it,
so I have no idea where you get that we think Icecream is scum because they outed themselves. You are turning my point around, and I don't know why.
#1 is calling it a towntell
#2 is explaining the last part of #1, but not accusing anything
#3 is again calling it a towntell
It's not my fault that you can't read <_<
Crab Canon wrote:First of all, Smith's vote on Faranor is odd and needs some explanation. I think Faranor look relatively town, so I don't get it and I certainly don't find it acceptable to just be placed there without another word explaining it.
Sure thing bro.
1. Trying to look town by having public arguments - making it look like there's scumhunting going on
2. These same arguments can be used by either head to take up either position later should the situation call for it
3. Neither of these reads have any real backing to them - just a bunch of mud-slinging

These have all been rather consistent - you can look back to their ISOs #4, #9, #10, all from D1. It's been pretty consistent, and I don't like it one bit.
Crab, please stop abbreviateing MasterSpy as MS, because I'm also MS. And MS is also MafiaScum.
bv310 wrote:No one is in need of prods at this time. Still searching for a head replacement.
bv310 wrote:12.) If you do not post for 72 hours you will be prodded. If you do not post for 24 hours after your prod you will be replaced and added to my personal blacklist unless there's a really good reason for your disappearance.
I'm definitely in prodding range, but you can hold of on prodding for now because I just posted. Thanks.
I had you guys pegged at less than 72. Weird.
~bv
Last edited by bv310 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Oh wow, that's a lot of lists. Maybe you should listen to my lists.

~A player who doesn't support a Pineapple lynch
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Bowser »

Mr Smith wrote: Allow me to be the first to say "I stopped reading this post here." Can you tell us why
1. You're not scum?
2. You're not legitimately scumhunting?
3. You're still alive?
...wow, way to be an ass.
1. Because we're not
2. Pineapple is at L-2 at this point and at the time I posted, it looked pretty obvious he would get that way, not commenting on the wagon would be lazy and irresponsible. After reading over his ISO, it looked to me like he was scum. So I added to the case.
VOTE: Pineapple
oops, L-1. Claim.
3. Scum didn't see us as enough of a threat to kill us and we didn't get lynched.

Did you know that posting in a really condescending way doesn't make you any more right?
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by MasterSpy »

The White Spy has just returned from her V/LA, but is busy catching up with another game that she's totally neglected for a week. So I can't make a huge catch-up post yet. But I just had to pop in for a moment.

*takes stick of dynamite out of her hat and throws it into Black Spy's Cheerios*

I know this always draws heat from people for "trying to look protown," so I hope my other head will forgive me for doing this, but...no. Pineapple, DON'T claim. Ignore Bowser. (Out of curiosity, Bowser, did CSL or Untrod Tripod cast that vote?)

Luckily, CSL's vote is already on Pineapple, but can someone unvote Pineapple, please
so you can get town points for saying you didn't let him be speedhammered, at which point someone else will vote you for trying to get those town points
before he claims or some idiot hammers?

This kind of stupid premature claim-forcing from any player who's under suspicion is one of my biggest pet peeves. No claims until the majority of players decide we want to lynch Pineapple, someone is ready to hammer, and the deadline is
not
almost two weeks away. What would a claim from Pineapple change at this juncture?

~The White Spy
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Chimaira »

Huh, that's crazy. I could have sworn we were working with 7 day deadlines rather than 14. Some of the urgency that I was expressing earlier is now gone (though we should still be working as though we wanted to make progress.) We shouldn't be thinking of it as almost two weeks away (we've used much of the first week and don't have nearly enough to show for it) but we're in better shape than the just over two days I thought we had left.

I agree with MasterSpy that we should have someone who's ready to hammer before Pineapple (or anyone) claims. At this point there is plenty of time to get that claim and think about it before a hammer.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

Oj here, a version feeling rather guilty for leaving my partner hanging on nothing.

I was just rereading, and something we haven't mentioned yet is that I found IceCream's hop on bv terrrrrible.
This is a chronological spotlight on what happened - relevance of picked quotes at end of post.
IC wrote:
bv311 wrote:Funny how fourtigers should want to easy-vote bv over suspects/scumhunting though, what with a week left before deadline.
Any lynch is better than no lynch, so I wonder why you would say this. I wouldn't shed a tear over a bv lynch myself.
IC then votes Bowser.
MSpy wrote:Its funny how you are active lurking and popping up when attacked but don’t even read the post right before yours.
The statement that FourTigers made started “I would vote bv without a second thought if needed at deadline” which makes your back-handed attempt to call him scum null and void.[...]
vote bv311
IC wrote:I still think Bowser is scummier than bv. bv is antitown, but Bowser has been overtly scummy.
Chimaira questions with a sceptic tone how IC can find Bowser and bv very different. IC links to the pre-game based case his partner posted.
then, bv asks for deadline extension and posts:
IC wrote:As for why I called Fourtigers desire to vote us at deadline, despite being a week out from deadline scummy, because it reeked to me as a lack of desire to scumhunt in the week between that statement, and deadline.
to which IC immediately replies
IC wrote:bv just keeps getting scummier and scummier. I don't like how he keeps bringing up fourtigers "I will vote bv if deadline apporaches" comment when it isn't inherently scummy at all.
UNVOTE: Bowser
VOTE: Bv311
This post is a horrible excuse. bv obviously brought up FourTigers again because at least 3 hydras,
including IC theirselves
, asked about it or used it as their reason for voting bv;
not
answering/bringing it up would have been unnatural. Also, as quoted,
after
MSpy used the FourTigers comment being scummy as a reason for his vote, IC still posted bv is just anti-town.

These posts seem somehow disconnected so I was thinking if I could be miraged by heads. But it's not possible. AKnottedRope posted a bit before all this that he was going to be making all the posts from IC from thereon due to it being difficult to coordinate, which in itself I find slightly overcompensatory a measure - we were attacking them for "other head" excuse.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Professor Paradox »

OK, NOW I'M REALLY CATCHING UP.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:35 am

Actually, I lied, I'll catchup after breakfast
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:34 am

I HAD LIED AGAIN, I KNOW SORRY.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:36 am

MasterSpy wrote:(note to bv310: IT WAS AN IN-JOKE THAT ONLY ONE PLAYER IN THE GAME WILL UNDERSTAND!
I HAS A FEELING THAT YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Ugh dammit motivation issues...
Wouldn't mind a pineapple claim...only skimmed everything though...
Bowser's tone is feeling more town.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Bowser »

@PP
five posts in a row?
:P
MasterSpy wrote:I know this always draws heat from people for "trying to look protown," so I hope my other head will forgive me for doing this, but...no. Pineapple, DON'T claim. Ignore Bowser. (Out of curiosity, Bowser, did CSL or Untrod Tripod cast that vote?)
"I know I'm doing something that's scummy, but I promise I'm not scummy guys". Pineapple has been acting legitimately scummy. I'm allowed to want a claim. As are the other people on the wagon, which reminds me.
MasterSpy wrote:This kind of stupid premature claim-forcing from any player who's under suspicion is one of my biggest pet peeves. No claims until the majority of players decide we want to lynch Pineapple, someone is ready to hammer, and the deadline is not almost two weeks away. What would a claim from Pineapple change at this juncture?
Pineapple is at L-1, meaning that half of the players in the game want that slot to swing. Sounds like a reasonable amount of suspicion to warrant a claim to me.

<3,
Untrod
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Hey sorry i haven't responded yet. RL's been busy and i've got a new partner that is catching up. i'll go through and respond to what i can/see.

Yeah, I edited your spelling. What of it?
~bv
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by Pineapple »

TomAndJerry wrote:
Pineapple wrote:first, what's so wrong with not mentioning Bowser very much in my posts? he hasn't posted much of anything this game, and just cause you think he's one of the top suspects doesn't mean i do. at worst he was active lurking like bv311, but i also find it quite likely that RL has been a problem for them which would explain their lack of posting.
It's weird. When I say he's one of the biggest suspects I mean in this game in general. He's one of the most controversial players here so it makes no sense for you to neglect them unless you weren't scum hunting.
i'm "neglecting" them cause there really isn't much of anything to say about them, at least imo.
Chimaira wrote:@Pineapple, if you're now getting VI reads on your other scum suspects who's at the top of your list other than Faranor?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
well although MasterSpy has been posting, i get the feeling that he hasn't really been scumhunting. and IceCream seems to be sliding along under the radar.
Chimaira wrote:Apologies for not posting much recently, I haven't been feeling very well.
Pineapple Post 386 wrote:maybe because i didnt go out of my way not to comment on it.
Really now?
Pineapple Post 294 wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

fourth, @ FourTigers: you expressed a desire to lynch bv311 earlier, and have again mentioned that you will vote him closer to deadline. so what is preventing you from voting him/joining the bandwagon now?
Pineapple Post 326 wrote:
IceCream wrote:
Icecream wrote:
Pineapple wrote:I just commented on random stuff I saw while catching up. If you want me to comment on anything specific, just tell me.
@bv310: Please post a vote count. —Apple
Who do you think is scum? Do you have any opinion other than just defending yourself?
This has yet to be answered. I am disappoint.
that question was directed towards my partner who is replacing out at the moment. so it likely will go unanswered.

i am also willing to hammer bv311 if needed, but only after a claim.
Pineapple Post 334 wrote:@Troll: i believe i did ask for him to claim...although perhaps a bit indirectly. and yes i have every intent to hammer him at this point in time.
Pineapple Post 374 wrote:
Crab Canon wrote:
Pineapple wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.
lol, you seriously think it's related to troll. This post to me looks like Pineapple hedging his bets on his buddy getting run up out of nowhere. The reason I voted bv311 was because he was doing nothing and I wanted a read on him. His intent to continue to do nothing shows me that he stands at least a decent chance of being scum and would be a great lynch today. You saying 'oh well, I'd vote him but I'm not going to' screams scum buddy. If he flips scum, you may as well kill us tonight because I'm going to want you dead tomorrow.
no i didnt seriously think it was related to troll. but thought i'd ask anyway.

also interesting to note that this post looks like you planning on running me up to a lynch tomorrow regardless of what i do. good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont.

also i never said that i'd vote him but i'm not going to. i said i'd vote him but wanted a claim from him first.

and he just claimed. VT.

good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont in your eyes. if i hammer him here and he flips VT, then you are all over me for being an obvscum hammer. if i hammer here and he flips scum, then you are all over me for bussing my partner that is an inevitable lynch. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips scum, i look like i was trying to avoid hammering my partner. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips town, i look like i was scum trying to avoid a townie lynch.

but anyway a VT claim isn't reason enough to not hammer him. he hasn't been contributing and has been actively lurking.

Unvote

VOTE: bv311
These four quotes are your only comments on the bv wagon. You take no firm stance on him, slightly defending him while pushing his wagon in the first. A statement to hammer in the second, asking for a claim in the third and then of course the ridiculous hammer post.

I want to know why you were willing to hammer, I want to know why you gave up pushing your supposed scum reads to turn on bv. You clearly avoided taking any position on bv all the while setting yourself up to pass the buck when you hammered him. Your deflections of this point make me more and more convinced you are scum.

~Sotty
i wasn't defending him so much as i was wondering why CC was voting him/pushing the wagon. i also said in that quote that i wasn't against lynching him and didn't like his play.

why i was willing to hammer: he was active lurking, and not scum hunting. there was nothing in his play that merited not lynching him.
Crab Canon wrote:First of all, Smith's vote on Faranor is odd and needs some explanation. I think Faranor look relatively town, so I don't get it and I certainly don't find it acceptable to just be placed there without another word explaining it.
Pineapple wrote:second, i was a bit ticked off at getting put into a similar situation in two different games. what's ironic is your response to the post is essentially what i said it would be. (or at least expected it to be)
You essentially extrapolated every single scenario possible and claimed I would call you scum no matter what you did. I think TnJ is correct in saying that this has almost no basis in reality. You were timidly heading toward the wagon, which I didn't like and pointed out. I don't see how this translates into me creating a catch-22 for you.
let's see if i can enlighten you with what was going through my mind:

1) in another game i had been getting a lot of flak and it was based(at least imo) not on scum hunting but on reading too much into my play/speculation
2) CC makes a post that was extremely reminiscent of the tone/logic the player in the other game had been using
3) i take out my frustration from both situations out on you in the hammer post
Pineapple wrote:i wasn't questioning the wagon so much as i was questioning CC's motives for the wagon or FT's motives for not joining a wagon that he expressed desire to join. i had nothing against the wagon itself.
If you "had nothing against the wagon" then what does it matter why I started it or people joined? If you found him scummy, you shouldn't care who lynches him. I don't see why you keep trying to play both sides of the argument here. You either wanted him lynched or you didn't.
why shouldn't i care who lynches him if i think he is scum?

and i did want him lynched.
Pineapple wrote:you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?

(actually rereading this over i think i can see why, but the questions still stands)
:? This is just weird. I think you raise a valid point if Faranor said that...so why are you saying that you understand why he is voting you? If you're town and the leading wagon, why are you encouraging people to keep their votes on you? Do not like. Especially since you take such an aggressive tone with Chimaira and myself.
what i realized was it could have been the two different heads contradicting each other in thread, which is what it ended up being. it's not that i understand why he is voting me, but rather i understand why the votes on me over MS. (both heads think i'm scum but one thinks MS has a greater chance of being scum)

as for claiming...i think i'll hold off on that until there's someone obviously wanting to hammer.

also i can't remember if i did this or not but:

Unvote

i was making the point that voting for someone with the reason of: He's scum. is a poor and scummy reason to vote. if you have a vote on a player, it's almost always cause you think they are scum, or because you want them to think that you think they are scum(pressure votes and the like). so that is in no way a reason in and of itself for a vote.

lastly, i apologize for the lack of scumhunting in this post. when my new head catches up and we go over our thoughts some we'll get some in.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Faranor »

Troll wrote:@Faranor, hydra heads don't have to come to perfect agreement on suspicions, that's one of the advantages of working with a partner. You're apparently claiming that one of your heads is sure that MasterSpy is scum and the other thinks that he's town. That's a perfect issue to work out behind the scenes. Right now it looks like you're making sure you can fall down on whichever side of the issue will help you down the line because you've certainly got both sides publicly covered. I don't care for that at all.
I barely know why I think MS is scum. If you think about the way both Faraday and I play, you'll understand how our QT looks right now.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Okay, screw this.

@Pineapple: CLAIM. I want your other head to make their catch-up post withing the next 24 hours.
@Bowser:
unvote, vote: Bowser
. Why I ever changed this vote is beyond me.
@PP: Thanks for posting 5 worthless posts in a row. Will be glad to see you swing once Bowser flips scum.
@Faranor: That's a terrible excuse.
@MasterSpy, PP, and TaJ: Please vote someone. I don't care who, as long as 1. Your vote isn't Pineapple, 2. You believe your vote, and 3. Your vote isn't baseless.
@bv310:
Massprod. RIGHT NOW.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by bv310 »

Sir, Yes, Sir!

Fun Fact: I was already doing one.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Yeah, you were doing one when I requested it an hour ago.
<_<

*prod-response post*
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by bv310 »

You think that's bad, you should see how long I take to do Vote Counts. I get distracted easily.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Chimaira »

@Mr Smith, if you don't want Pineapple to be our lynch today then you shouldn't want them to claim. I assume that you think they're town (or you wouldn't oppose the lynch) which means that you'd expect a claim to either out a power role unnecessarily or give scum more information for finding power roles elsewhere. If Pineapple is going to get lynched then a claim is good as it gives them a chance to share whatever information they might have; otherwise they should keep their role to themselves unless there's a reason that revealing it would help the town.

So if you think that Pineapple is town I assume you think that there's scum on the wagon. Clearly you think that Bowser is among them; do you think that there are any others? If it turns out that you're wrong and Pineapple is scum who if anyone on the wagon would be likely to be scum with them?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by IceCream »

Hi guys.
I'm Ice.
And VP Baltar is scum
Unvote.Vote:Crab Canon
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 am

Post by Mr Smith »

bv310 wrote:
You think that's bad, you should see how long I take to do Vote Counts. I get distracted easily.
if the whole game stops posting for 48 hours, will this game get abandoned?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”