Newbie 1022 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Avish
Avish
Townie
Avish
Townie
Townie
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Avish »

The first three sentences of the above are obviously directed at shotty.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I think he is gambiting
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Avish I would be willing to hammer you if needed at dead line! That is what I meant! AND WHO THE FUCK SELF HAMMERS IN THE SAME POST THAT THEY CLAIM!?
#freeShotty
Avish
Avish
Townie
Avish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Avish »

Obviously I do. I've not played well and the town is suffering because of it. Time to move on, I say. You're overdoing it, btw.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Avish....dear, Never ever ever self-hammer no matter what your alignment is. >.<. A doctor is VERY important, and you just cost us 1 PR(if you are telling the truth.). After your claim, I would have unvoted in an
instant
and maybe PL'd shotty for deadline.

I have kept repeating in this game how precious PRs are and, actually that is a good reason to actually play like you did. (Ack, I should've stuck to my gut @.@. I don't think you have any reason to lie with the self-hammer >.>.). Although, yes, being called scum sucks, but it happens everywhere, you should accept that it is a part of mafia that you have to live with.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Avish
Avish
Townie
Avish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Avish »

Noted.

It's not the "suckiness" I minded (in a twisted way I rather enjoyed it), I would have been perfectly willing to keep getting battered. I just didn't think it was good for the town. One of two things: Either mafia would just kill me off in the Night Phase, or they would let me live and Day 2 would be focused on trying to figure out if I was lying about my role or not. How is that good for the town? Mafia feeds off chaos, do they not? I feel like I have been an accidental agent of chaos and more damaging than the good my role could provide.

I do not believe either you or Leech would be inclined to give me the benefit of a doubt, regardless of your actual alignment. Chaos. And to succeed in my role, I would need an element of luck. I'm not feeling lucky, for some reason.

Anyhoo, I apologize once again to the town. I suppose I'll take your word for it and not do that again, no matter how tempting it is.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

drmyshottyizsik - 2 (TheLonging, Kingcheese)

Avish - 5 (VasudeVa, Leech, LordChronos, AurorusVox, Avish)

Kingcheese - 1 (drmyshottyizsik)

Not Voting - 1 (EggyLv999)

5 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Avish decides it's easier to end his own life than be a distraction any longer. You all go to bed with a heavy heart and a strong desire to do better tomorrow.

Avish,
Doctor
, lynched Day 1

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You arrive at the town Council chambers to find LorsChronos sprawled in his chair, shot to death. The janitors come in and clean up the mess, and then you get down to the business of hunting scum.

What? Oh come on, there will be time to mourn later. Besides if you don't find the Mafia there's not going to be anyone left who gives a sh!t....

LordChronos,
Townie
, killed Night 1

Day 2 has begun. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Wednesday, December 1.

Eggy is being replaced for failing to respond to a prod. If Eggy's spot had a night action, the action was randomized to prevent metagame strategies.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:02 am

Post by LordChronos »

Bah!
I'm a talking computer.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 am

Post by TheLonging »

vote: shotty
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 am

Post by TheLonging »

actually, I have a change of heart now

unvote

I need to think about this.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 am

Post by AurorusVox »

TL - was your first vote for policy reasons or because you still think/thought Shotty is scum?

Hmm. I'm going to re-read LC. I'm liking Vas' bungled/inconsistent attack on him even less now...and tbh, that's probably where my vote is going, but I'm going to hold off til after I've ISO'd LC and given it a bit more thought.

---

Also, I wanted to let you guys know that I might not get on that much from tomorrow til Monday, but I'll try to get a post off once a day at least. I have an essay to hand in on Friday, and then my girlfriend is coming to stay til Sunday ^^"
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

DavidParker replaces Eggy.

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:50 am

Post by TheLonging »

I wanted to lynch him for both but look, I'm starting to doubt shotty is scum, mainly because I have another rising suspicion with LC's death.

Ah, DP. Long time no play with. Hope you can post content to make me think Eggy's slot isn't scum or VI.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

Welcome DP!

I'm going to conduct a read through tomorrow morning most likely.

I do have a question for Shotty:

What was your reason for saying you want to lynch me at the end of Day 1? Was it the post that I explained you had misinterpreted? A little clarity would help.

I also do not believe I will be voting Shotty for PL reasons atm. The time for that has passed obviously.
Show
The Shortcomings of drmyshottyizsik:

"or we could let me live until lylo", Vanilla Townie. Forgot it was LYLO. Town LOSS

"king is obv scum, end of story", Vanilla Townie. Too good to give reasons. Town LOSS

Nope, YAY I scum!", Vanilla Townie. Faked scum during twilight. Town LOSS
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:46 pm

vote king cheese
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:48 pm

ok king i will answer your question in a second but first I want you to tell me how the hell a Policy Lynch helps us now? do you want to go spinning into lylo?
#freeShotty
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by TheLonging »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:ok king i will answer your question in a second but first I want you to tell me how the hell a Policy Lynch helps us now? do you want to go spinning into lylo?
not if you can still be scum. I was probably thinking kingchess or VV, but I need to do further research.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Hey guys, I actually skim read the last few pages of this game before replacing in, one thing stood out to me, that Kingcheese is OBV-SCUM, that's partly why I replaced in just to nail this scum-bag (well i had to hope I wasn't gonna be her scum buddy, but alas, I am not). I haven't done a full -reread so I will refrain from voting at the moment but I'm 99% sure my vote will be going on this player and they will be scum.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:ok king i will answer your question in a second but first I want you to tell me how the hell a Policy Lynch helps us now? do you want to go spinning into lylo?
For the third time you have misinterpreted my post. I said the exact opposite of that in my last post. And an answer to my question would be appreciated.
Show

"or we could let me live until lylo", Vanilla Townie. Forgot it was LYLO. Town LOSS

"king is obv scum, end of story", Vanilla Townie. Too good to give reasons. Town LOSS

Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

DavidParker wrote:Hey guys, I actually skim read the last few pages of this game before replacing in, one thing stood out to me, that Kingcheese is OBV-SCUM, that's partly why I replaced in just to nail this scum-bag (well i had to hope I wasn't gonna be her scum buddy, but alas, I am not). I haven't done a full -reread so I will refrain from voting at the moment but I'm 99% sure my vote will be going on this player and they will be scum.
Would you care to support your view with maybe some reasoning? And did you refer to KINGcheese as a female... or did I misread that?

I'm typing this on my smartphone so it will be brief but, I'm begining to think I see something.

Eggy: he didn't talk much during the game and was actively lurking and was replaced. Possible scum strategy.

Shotty: Recently began to attempt to build a case against me after he misread my post. (Or so I believe because he has yet to answer my question). I'm okay with that and I didn't find it scummy.

However...

DavidParker: DP comes out of the gate and makes a general statement saying he is 99% sure I am scum.

I'm purely speculating atm but I'm inclined to believe that DP and shotty may be scum partners. Both have come right out of the gate to follow up on shotty's previous vote. Until I see any sort of reasoning behind their ideas this is my mindset currently.
Show

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm

unvote

I need to think, ya I mis read it.
DP looks like way opportunistic DP scum to me... just saying.
#freeShotty
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:21 am

Post by Leech »

Ok, it's time to figure out what's going on here. LC dying was odd, as the only real player that he made an actual case against was Avish. So, obviously he wasn't killed for being a threat to the scum by way of figuring them out. So, why was he targeted? He obviously wasn't "getting close" which is why many newbie scum kill. (In fact, LC killed me in a previous game for that exact reason, ironically.) So, this leads me to believe that the scum in this game aren't getting much attention, and that they are confident in not being lynched in this phase.

Also, there's something that's pretty telling in that choice as well. Typically in newbie games, one of the most experienced players gets killed. Usually it's the IC, or failing that they kill the player that seems to be "the best." The fact that Lc died, goes against that. LC is a smart player, but if the scum were going to kill for that reason I think they would have chosen someone else. This leads me to believe that the scum is composed of at least one pretty experienced player. The lack of a "newbie" kill choice is pretty significant.

Reading through the thread, I'm growing more and more uncomfortable with TheLonging. He had stated that he felt that Avish was town, and that Shotty was scum. Ok, others felt that Avish was town before her flip. I didn't see it, and still don't. She played a very scummy game, and it's unfortunate. Hopefully she takes this game as a learning experience on how things will be percieved on this site. So I'm willing to accept that players could have, by some miracle, truly had a town read on Avish but I'm not willing to accept that TL legitimately had/has a scum read on Shotty.

That's like saying someone has a scum read on DavidParker. Shotty has simply not played this game enough to give you a scum read. Let's face the facts here, Shotty was L-1 on the second page in this game. Why would a player that already plays terribly, and lurks a lot, really care about a game that it looks like they are not only going to get lynched, but rather quickly? It's his own fault for being in that position in the first place, but I could definitely see why he wouldn't care about this game. He's literally laughed at his lynch this entire game, and I'm struggling to see how that reflects on his alignment. In fact, one could argue that by not fighting to survive that if it was an alignment tell, at all, it would have to be town.

To me the entire "I think shotty actually is scum" bit was a ploy to gain townie points for not lynching Avish, while pushing for a rather easy lynch on Shotty. From a scum standpoint, that situation is win/win. If Shotty is town then he has a lynch that he can dismiss as PL even if he flips scum. If he is scum then he just royally bussed his partner gaining him an obscene amount of townie points as well.

The most damning thing about TL is how he instantly voted for Shotty in this phase, and immediately changed his mind. He votes, then immediately has a change of heart and states he has to think about it? I thought that Shotty wasn't a PL and that TL actually thought he was scum? What's there to think about? If you think someone is scum, why not vote for him?
TheLonging wrote:I wanted to lynch him for both but look, I'm starting to doubt shotty is scum, mainly because I have another rising suspicion with LC's death.
He's doubting Shotty is scum because he has another rising suspicion? Why does one suspicion all of a sudden make Shotty town? There's two scum in the game. From what he's saying here, he can only really have one suspect at a time.
TheLonging wrote:Ah, DP. Long time no play with. Hope you can post content to make me think Eggy's slot isn't scum or VI.
Why would it matter if you thought his slot was a VI?

Anyway, TL has posted a lot of IIoA in this game as well. He's stated, plainly, that he feels certain ways but he's never really posted reasoning. In fact look at what he said about Avish:
TheLonging wrote:Avis is now the most pro-town player in this entire game. I mean, after I read that post, I reread the thread. In fact, everything he's saying actually makes very good sense. This also leads me to believe that VV and shotty could be scum. However, shotty should be lynched first. At best he's scum, at worst he's a detriment to town, and he already CLAIMED townie.
We're supposed to believe that Avish's scummy plays made you believe she was town, and that you reread the thread to find that everything she was saying made perfect sense? (He was so moved my Avish's words of townish godliness, that he didn't even realize Avish isn't a guy.) He felt so strongly about that, that he never a single time defended Avish. He pushed for a Shotty lynch, but he didn't defend Avish at all. Why wouldn't you defend your biggest town-read? Look closely at what TL was doing. He was using Avish to push for a Shotty lynch, nothing more. He didn't seem to care that his biggest town read was being lynched, he just used her to push for the lynch on Shotty. He went out of his way to try and say that a Shotty lynch was better, never did he make an effort to show why an Avish lynch was bad. If you believe someone is town, why wouldn't you make a case for that player being town?

Also look at the last sentence of that quote. He was using the "he's claimed townie!" reason for justifying the lynch. He was the one that requested the claim so early. He could just as easily asked for the claim, solely to push for the lynch all claimed townie policy. How, the hell, is he going to use Shotty's claim against him, when he was the one that requested it in the first place.

I'm going to hold off on voting until I look more players over, but something is seriously off with how TL's playing.
Shotty wrote:DP looks like way opportunistic DP scum to me... just saying.
How does he look opportunistic? He's admittedly only read the last few pages, so he's basing his opinion strictly on that. With that being said, why wouldn't opportunistic scum focus on me at this point? Lets face it, with Avish actually flipping Doc I'd probably be the easiest to mislynch at this phase.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 am

Post by DavidParker »

Still haven't done a reread recently, but based on recent posts the scum team is kingcheese+Leech... The wifomy "ic not dying means hes scum" card settles it.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”