Mini 1082 (Guns and Ropes: Midland): An Unfaithful Ending.

Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Enigma »

Ohh and just a note about my walls and general approach to discussion.

I tend to make observations, hint towards what I think said quote reveals about my insight, and respond to it in varying degrees of sarcasm where alot of sarcasm means I find it scummy.
I usually don't write out the conclusions which arrive in my head when I read the post.
I make assumptions people can read that, however most of the time it's wrong :(

Just ask for clarification on specific points if necessary.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:39 am

Post by charter »

If you don't draw conclusions in your post, there's little point in making it. Draw a conclusion about Gannano and Jimfinn for me.

I happen to agree with you that the Moose wagon is suspect, and of my three suspects, you actually are the one that's kind of just thrown in there. I think you may be on to something with Mizzy as well. I don't get the feeling that she actually thinks Moose is scum.
Enigma wrote:What about RBT? Or are you just ignoring him? Same for rabies.
Rabies is the most town out of any of you, so I am ignoring him. RBT always lurks, I'm not worried about him today.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Enigma »

Ahh the quote you have in question. I mean I want Rabies (and SC too I think) to say something about RBT. I was just reading through and found people who are calling lurking scummy yet don't seem to mention RBT at all.

Oppsies.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:58 am

Post by charter »

So, what do you think about Gonnano and Jimfinn?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Mizzy »

@Enigma - Clearly, your gut is still too full of booze to do any real scumhunting. Responses following.
Enigma wrote:In response to your 40. I'm sure your little glimmer of why I have no town wins is obviously right.
1. Obviously RVS is not obviously over. It's post 40 and half the posts so far have been confirms. I voted the way I wanted to because I felt like it. Ohh and maybe because it was RVS also? I'm not going to attempt to justify a vote in RVS just for your self interest. Thanks.
PS: I don't know what RPOL is so I would assume I haven't played there. Why would you assume that?
So how hard is it to just answer the damned question? Apparently, hard enough that you do it now.
Enigma wrote:You do realize that you are pretty much voting him for being a VI (as a result of the reasons you stated). Is that a policy lynch of yours? Or are you just cleverly trying to disguise/manipulate it for your own agenda?
I do not believe that moose is a VI at all, actually. He's been on the site too long to be one. Also, if you read properly, you'd see that I don't do policy lynches.
Enigma wrote:Then why the hell were you not voting until just the post before?? Your vote had stayed on jimmfinn until then, and that was clearly fail. Ohh wait, you probably don't need to generate pressure since you are actually scum.
I take votes pretty seriously after I have done my one random vote. Like I said in this thread before, I don't change votes just for the fuck of it. Feel free to meta me, you'll see I do the same exact thing in all games.
Enigma wrote:Mizzy trying to coach moose, and obvious attempt to try and get some town credit gives me a scummy vibe about her. I don't even see why this post is necessary, moose has been on this site for a while and it's not like he is new at mafia, nor is this a newbie game.
Obviously if he is failing that hard, he needs coaching. Period. I don't believe he is a VI but I also don't want a mislynch because he's being a retard. In my opinion, he's floundering because he's scum, however there is always a chance that I am wrong and, like I said, I want to be sure when someone gets lynched that it's not a mislynch. Also, I coach a lot. It's what I do. Meta me, if you like, I do it :p
Enigma wrote:And it is scums job to jump on the weakest bandwagon. It's town job to consider all possibilities, such as that the active lurkers: RBT and jimmfinn are scum.
You should be adding yourself to the lurker list. This huge post of yours has been the only thing decent out of you.

What I want from moose is a reason to unvote him. I actively want him to prove to us that he's just a retarded townie and have him play better later. That is why my vote is still on him; I want to see if he gives a fuck or not. If not, then he's scum and my vote should stay right where it is.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:25 am

Post by charter »

Mizzy wrote:That is why my vote is still on him; I want to see if he gives a fuck or not. If not, then he's scum and my vote should stay right where it is.
This is some pretty strong evidence that you don't think he's scum, you are just looking for a place to have your vote. Not caring doesn't equal scum.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Mizzy »

charter wrote:
Mizzy wrote:That is why my vote is still on him; I want to see if he gives a fuck or not. If not, then he's scum and my vote should stay right where it is.
This is some pretty strong evidence that you don't think he's scum, you are just looking for a place to have your vote. Not caring doesn't equal scum.
Not caring is neither a full scum- or town-tell in and of itself. However, in the face of a possible lynch, a townie SHOULD care and do something about it. Am I wrong, there?
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:38 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Enigma wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
Enigma wrote:My play style is like this, learn to love or hate it, it's not going to change.
I don't see a playstyle yet, I just see someone who isn't interesting in taking responsibility for his vote. P.S. There's no such thing as a RVS, every vote has a purpose, it's just a matter of figuring out what that purpose is.
Can anyone say mindless bandwagoing/piggybacking? Ohh wait I forgot, it's not a reason for a scum tell (see Rabies) unless it's posted in RVS. My bad. And I giggle that you genuinely think that all votes have a purpose. I would like you to go back and detail and explain the purpose of ALL the votes on page 1. It's going to be critical in the process of finding scum this game.
Your first bunch of posts read to me as "Don't look at me, there's nothing interesting here!" Which is wrong. And, yes, I meant what I said: Every vote has a purpose. It might be just to get reactions from specific people, but that's a purpose too. Otherwise, you wouldn't be voting.
Enigma wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:Prodded. Past couple days have been very busy, sorry. Enigma and jimfinn are the right guys to look at. Not convinced about gonanno yet. Moose, stop trolling and answer questions. Content soon.
Exactly what do you want to look at? I'm V/LA with less than a few posts, jimfinn has posted crap all useful until a few posts just in front of you. Not much to look at really. Ohh btw now that I'm
no longer V/LA
active does that mean I'm automatically town? Awesome, thanks!
Your being not very active has nothing to do with why I am voting you.
Enigma wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I still think Enigma and jimfinn are best bets for scum.
So you think all the people who have posted the least content are scum? I mean can you even get a read on either of us? Because I sure as hell can't, which is ironic because I'm actually one of the players in question. Are you going to comment (not just ask questions) on either of the active bandwagons or you just going to delude yourself that I'm scum when I currently have zero content posts in the game.
Hey look, more passing of responsibility! "I can't read myself" is some bullshit. Also, I never said anything about least content.
Enigma wrote:Also answer the question above relating to RBT. Cheers.
Amazingly, I already did, in the same post that you quoted above no less!
MacavityLock wrote:Other possibilities: I don't like Prokhor's moose vote in 130 much. Also, RBT needs to show up and do stuff. I'm not particularly enamored of either big bandwagon right now.
Happy with my vote at the moment.

----

On another note, based on a meta tell I believe in, if SC ever flips scum, we should definitely look at Mizzy. As of right now, I don't see a substantial reason to vote either of them.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:42 am

Post by charter »

Mizzy wrote:
charter wrote:
Not caring is neither a full scum- or town-tell in and of itself. However, in the face of a possible lynch, a townie SHOULD care and do something about it. Am I wrong, there?
Town and scum both should care. You can't pull alignment out of interest level.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Enigma »

How hard is it to answer the question?

Let me see. I had 3 3 hour exams in 2 days.
I have had about a total of 4 hours sleep in those 48 hours.
I ran off coffee, energy drinks and gummy bears for the past 2 days.
So yes, it is very hard to answer those questions.

Your reasons for your vote on Moose were all things I associate with being a VI. Which means that I relate it to you voting him for being a VI and hence it becomes a policy lynch then. You just choose to disguise with your reasoning.

Your response to coaching? So you mean if he takes your advice he is not scum? How does taking your advice change his alignment at all. You've made it clear you are voting him because you think he is scum not because of his VI play. Whether or not he takes your advice will not change his alignment. All I see it is an attempt to gain pro-town points.

Add me to the lurker list? lolwot? You clearly don't understand the concept of V/LA do you. I specifically said I had exams in a few weeks and my play was limited.
Don't try and manipulate being V/LA into something else. It's scummy. Sorry RL took priority over MS.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Enigma »

So Maccavity, what are your reasons for voting me apart from the lack of responsibility bullshit your skew into a few quotes taken out of context?
How does lack of responsibility relate to a scum tell?
It was an RVS vote, and you can manipulate it however you want it and obviously I'm not taking responsibility for it because I meant it as a random joke.
My current vote however isn't.

Ohh and I'm waiting to hear your recount of all the votes from the first page at least, and exactly what purpose they all serve. Please do enlighten me.

And your mysterious meta reason is just poor logic, let's not vote any of them unless one of them flips scum. How the hell do you think one of them are going to flip scum if we don't vote them.
Your attempted to try and shift attention away from your scum buddies has been noted.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Enigma »

And Charter I will answer your question SoonTM.

The catch up post was quite taxing.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:38 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Finally something out of Enigma that I can call scumhunting *applause*
Enigma wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Enigma, if you're going to tell me that I've played with you before and I've seen you scumhunt, then I'm going to need to see you scumhunt
AGAIN
. Making convincing posts is more likely to get you a win (as either alignment) than whining and complaining about your experience with past games.
Pathetic excuse to put a vote on me. Game is in page 2. There are people who have posted 1 post in the game. HERPPADERPA they aren't scum hunting either. And for clarification, I actually do blame town for a few losses. Because you have to rely on a other idiots to win it when the time comes, and it happens that scum conveniently like leaving the idiots up for LYLO.
A win/loss ratio is a pathetic excuse to justify a non random vote. Obviously some people don't understand the concept of a team effort (there is no I in team).
I wasn't voting you simply for the win/loss ratio. I said you were using it as an excuse not to scumhunt. There's a difference.
Enigma wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:UNVOTE: LynchMePls

Let me take a closer look at moose200x before I decide to go for him or switch back to Enigma.
Have you been selectively reading all game? Or did you have to go back and read moose in ISO so you could come up with some reason to put a vote on him?
I've been finding it a bit hard to get in this game and am trying the best I can. Note that when Rabies prompted me about gonnano's case on him, my response implied I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I do realize that I've been having at most one or two scum reads this game, and I'm trying to change that. My "play-as-you-go" style isn't helping me right now.
Enigma wrote:Ohh and I said I would scum hunt, maybe you should wait till when I'm actually back and see if I'm here that I actually do before using the same shitty reason to vote for me.
You should have been scumhunting off the bat. Not whining and complaining.
Enigma wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
moose200x wrote:I think gonnano is not going to help town win and I feel a good policy lynch is in place.
UGH.

I think both moose200x and Mizzy are a bit suspect here. Village idiot = town, and responding to someone saying you're scummy by saying she's being mean is at best fluff.

In my opinion, it's a tossup between moose200x and Enigma, but I'm going to go ahead and VOTE: moose200x. Mizzy
MIGHT
be bussing moose200x, but my case on her is even weaker than my case on Enigma.
Refer to above quote. I think he went back to find a reason to vote him to make his vote look more substantiated. Ohh and I think you are bussing Mizzy. And what case? Mind sharing?
How many times do I have to bring up that I associate "village idiot" with "town"?
Enigma wrote:Ahh the quote you have in question. I mean I want Rabies (and SC too I think) to say something about RBT. I was just reading through and found people who are calling lurking scummy yet don't seem to mention RBT at all.

Oppsies.
Riceballtail
DOES
need to post more. Right now I'm neutral on him.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Enigma »

Enigma wrote:I'll just let other endure the insufferable pain of attempting to scum hunt with less than one page of content and do it when there is actually actionable content to act upon.
Also, Can you care to explain why you are voting Moose then? I can't seem to find a reason.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:22 am

Post by LimMePls »

Enigma wrote:The fact that the game seems tunneled on moose is quite disappointing and will make looking for
scum teams
hard. I fell scum are using it as an opportunity to stay out of the spotlight and gain some town credit by attempting to scum hunt on some of the easier targets.
Why do you think we should be looking for scum teams (plural)?

FOS: Enigma
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Enigma »

Scum teams: As in scum groups.
Looking for connections between scum buddies in future days.

Is that the only thing you care on commenting on in my whole wall? Poor effort really.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

LynchMePls wrote:
Enigma wrote:The fact that the game seems tunneled on moose is quite disappointing and will make looking for
scum teams
hard. I fell scum are using it as an opportunity to stay out of the spotlight and gain some town credit by attempting to scum hunt on some of the easier targets.
Why do you think we should be looking for scum teams (plural)?

FOS: Enigma
Why do you think looking for scum teams (plural) is much of a problem other than balance?

FoS: LynchMePls
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Enigma wrote:So Maccavity, what are your reasons for voting me apart from the lack of responsibility bullshit your skew into a few quotes taken out of context?
How does lack of responsibility relate to a scum tell?
It's mostly the lack of responsibility bullshit. And how is that a scumtell? Because it allows you to weasel out of defending said vote if/when you are questioned on it. Scum never have pro-town reasons for their vote, so they have to worry about this.
Enigma wrote:Ohh and I'm waiting to hear your recount of all the votes from the first page at least, and exactly what purpose they all serve. Please do enlighten me.
Stop being a dick. Obviously I don't know other people's motivations, but the point is that everyone has a motivation. Maybe "because you thought it was funny" was your motivation for your "random vote", but that's not how I'm seeing it.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

MacavityLock wrote:@mod, please check if the votecount in 165 is completely correct. Thanks.
I can confirm that the vote count is completely correct after checking it.

The scathing conversation between man and man escalated into new heights like not before. More calling of people scum, more death threats, more infuriation, and to the town, most importantly, an even stronger desire of a threat going away.

So much information needed to be recorded, you wrote like crazy just to get them in. When you took a second to stop writing, you realize that it is a complete scribble mess. And much to your disappointment, as it was written in pen, the information would never be readable. You then mourn to the falling sun because you were foolish and did not look back at what you wrote before it was too late. But no one heard your cries.

Vote Count #7, Day 1

Enigima (1): MacavityLock
LynchMePls (1): jimfinn
moose200x (4): Riceballtail, Mizzy, StrangerCoug, ProkhorZaharov
Riceballtail (0):
jimfinn (0):
Rabies (1): gonnano
Mizzy (1): Enigma
gonnano (4): charter, moose200x, Rabies, LynchMePls
charter (0):
StrangerCoug (0):
MacavityLock (0):
ProkhorZakharov (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (0): All have shown desire for blood

The deadline for Day 1 is on Monday November 22nd, 2010 at 6:00 PM CST.
With twelve players alive, it will take seven votes on a person to lynch.
So far, no one is due for a prod.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Enigma »

Then you can quit it with your "Every vote has a purpose" bullshit then when quite honestly you are just faffing on about baseless logic.

I don't have pro-town reasons for my RVS vote. And I'm not going to make one up just to satisfy your need to probe something that happened at the very beginning of the game, especially since much more content has happened since then.

If you want to probe me, question me on the content I have provided. I have no interest in trying to explain something trivial to you, such as how I voted in RVS.

I can't see any mention of RBT in your posts, in fact in looking over your ISO, your effort in scum hunting have been pretty pathetic anyways. You had 6 posts before my wall. All of your posts somehow have my name in it (I feel honored really),
nor have you made any mention of jimfinn
except that he should be lynched.

Please explain your stance on jimmfinn. And also state the differences in your reasoning between your current scum picks and RBT.
You show a pattern for voting inactives, who coincidentally aren't there to defend themselves, nor does it put much pressure for generating town discussion. It's a good way to avoid any negative attention from other players who won't be discussing your actions as much.

This guy needs some serious attention. You have been seriously lurking and trying to avoid any attention, and now that all of a sudden someone mentions you, you coming blaring in with guns drawn?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:42 am

Post by charter »

Gonnano is STILL voting Rabies. It seems pretty clear to me that he A) has no interest in finding scum, B) has no interest in convincing anyone else to vote Rabies, C) is obvscum! I'd vote Jimfinn, I guess, if we can get seven votes on him, but we need to stop with this Moosewagon nonsense and lynch one of these two.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Enigma »

MacivityLock wrote:@mod, please check if the votecount in 165 is completely correct. Thanks.
This actually sends off scum vibes to me. Didn't notice it earlier. The fact that you didn't make an effort to go read back is scummy.

I know as town, I was reading then rereading alot of the game, and had several tabs open, and viewed each person in isolation before I made a judgment on them.
It is necessary for town to do this, so they can get a good understanding of the game.

Scum don't need to scum hunt. They only have to pretend to, hence they won't be rereading the topic several times to try and figure out what is going on and who seems scummy or if they are just taking a single post out of context.

Here have some free scum points.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:03 am

Post by charter »

That's the most flawed scumtell I've ever heard of.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Enigma »

charter wrote:That's the most flawed scumtell I've ever heard of.
XD.
It's my own special creation.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:16 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Enigma wrote:
MacivityLock wrote:@mod, please check if the votecount in 165 is completely correct. Thanks.
This actually sends off scum vibes to me. Didn't notice it earlier. The fact that you didn't make an effort to go read back is scummy.
The reason I asked this is that originally, the votecount in 165 had jimfinn with 2 votes on him, but only you voting him. This indicated either a secret double vote, or an error. I wanted to confirm which one before making anything of it. SSBF, can you confirm this error and edit?

Either way, it's a BS scumtell.
Enigma wrote:I can't see any mention of RBT in your posts
Well, I directly quoted it, and can do so again:
MacavityLock wrote:Also, RBT needs to show up and do stuff.
Enigma wrote:Please explain your stance on jimmfinn. And also state the differences in your reasoning between your current scum picks and RBT.
OK.
jimfinn wrote:That really strikes me the wrong way. I don't think a town player would suggest a quicklynch, even jokingly, this early. UNVOTE: VOTE: charter
Has been previously called out, but definite over-reaction.
jimfinn wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Rabies wrote:Do you have anything to say about the jimfinn/charter/Mizzy/Enigma thing?
Shhhh. I'm scum hunting.
This seems intended to drive home the point that he is indeed scum hunting, which appears to be trying too hard to be town.
This is in fact the opposite of what LMP was doing. Seeing what LMP did as "trying too hard to be town" is jimfinn trying too hard to find LMP scummy. Similar:
jimfinn wrote:I also find it suspicious, despite his defense, that he refused to vote gonnano in applying pressure until he was called out for not voting him.
jimfinn wrote:my list of the four you asked about plus my current vote, PZ:
On a scale of 10 uberscum to 1 obvtown
LMP - 7
moose - 6.5
charter - 6.5
gonnanno - 5
enigma - 5
List SUCKS! Not the people on the list, the values therein. Everyone is between "halfway scum" and "kinda scum", and I don't agree with the reads/order.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”