Mini 1082 (Guns and Ropes: Midland): An Unfaithful Ending.

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

Cause he is the obvious scum's mislynch-of-the-day (TM). The only reason I voted him in the first place was his refusal to answer my question, trying to force him into answering. I still don't know why he wouldn't answer, but he's clearly VI (it's truth moose, deal with it) and I think there are better uses of our lynch.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 am

Post by moose200x »

It's not truth.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 am

Post by gonnano »

I'm not buying the Mizzy/moose scumteam just yet. However, a read through of Mizzy's ISO has left me with the impression that she is flying under the radar, which I do not like. Any comments on this observation would be appreciated.

I don't like much of Enigma's case against Mizzy, though, because I just don't see a whole lot of scum motivation in the points he brought up.

Also, everyone but StrangerCoug, charter, and Rabies seems to be ignoring my question about the merits/shortcomings of my vote and case against Rabies. I'm very interested in the responses to that question, if it's not too much trouble.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

It is 4:30 PM CST.

You had so many things to worry about in life, just like many other human beings. You had a time consuming job that you were lucky only occurred during the weekends, you had a house that constantly commanded being spotless, you had the economy which was going down hill, a presidential election that you haven't quite decided which candidate to vote for, and tonight, you were going out with your girlfriend in a one of a kind occasion. When you remembered you had a date at 9:00 PM CST to eat out in a fine dining restaurant which you had been saving up for two months, you debated with yourself if you should cancel that for continuing to watch this important event unfolding or fulfill your promise and try again tomorrow afternoon.

You eventually decided that ninety minutes was more then enough to record what you had left and then rush to your house and go out in that date with your girl friend.

You may have to worry about life, but for the twelve others you were serving witness to, time was not an issue.

Vote Count #8, Day 1

Enigima (2): MacavityLock, StrangerCoug
LynchMePls (1): jimfinn
moose200x (3): Riceballtail, Mizzy, ProkhorZaharov
Riceballtail (0):
jimfinn (1): charter
Rabies (1): gonnano
Mizzy (1): Enigma
gonnano (3): moose200x, Rabies, LynchMePls
charter (0):
StrangerCoug (0):
MacavityLock (0):
ProkhorZakharov (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (0): All have shown desire for blood

The deadline is Monday November 22nd, 2010 at 6:00 PM CST. There are
seven
days left to lynch.
With twelve players alive, it will take seven votes on a person to lynch.
ProkhorZakharov
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by ProkhorZakharov »

Enigma wrote:
ProkhorZakharov wrote:
Enigma wrote:I always scum hunt in my games. I'll just let other endure the insufferable pain of attempting to scum hunt with less than one page of content and do it when there is actually actionable content to act upon.
This is the second worst post. You're not actually hunting scum in this game and there's plenty of content to act upon. According to you, your vote on jimfinn was done as part of an rvs bandwagon. Was it a random vote? Are you happy with your vote?
Do I see you scum hunting on page 2 of the game? Stop being such a hypocrite. Better nominate yourself for some worst posts too. I'm going to assume that the questions you are asking are rhetorical hence me answering them would be obsolete.
PS: Are you implying worst posts have a correlation to being scum? You need to make that clear.
Worst posts are posts I find scummy and/or anti-town. In this case, you try to assert yourself as pro-town ("I always scum hunt") without providing any evidence to support it, which I find scummy. Obviously we disagree about there being content to act upon at the time of the writing.

I DO want answers to my questions, they help me scumhunt, but I'll rephrase them for you: Was your vote on jimfinn entirely random? Did you, at the time of my first question, think he was scummy?
Enigma wrote:
ProkhorZakharov wrote:Nobody's lynching anybody just yet, so if you're town why don't you start being useful and hunt some scum? If you're trying, you're not trying very hard.
Associating scum hunting with being pro-town is a very dangerous path to take. Nor should that be used buy him a free pass from his current predicament.
What? Please explain why scum hunting isn't pro-town, that's news for me. While you're at it, stop with the straw man argument - I'm not offering any free passes.
Enigma wrote:I think that alot of the more active/stronger players (some of which are certainly scum for sure) are jumping on idiots in hopes of getting a easy mislynch. It also provides poor analysis the next day when looking at vote counts, because they can just say: I voted him because he was acting stupidly.
Anyone who says they're voting for someone because they're acting stupidly, if there are scummier players around, are obviously suspicious. That being said scum does sometimes act both scummily and stupidly, it's not like they cancel each other out.
Enigma wrote:I find that interesting that noone is really commenting on my Mizzy observations.
I find your case to be weaker than her defense.

@gonnano's case on Rabies: Meh. You disagree about whether what Enigma did was scummy or not. He thinks it was, so he votes him. You don't think it was, so you think his vote was invalid. I'm leaning towards agreeing with gonnano on that point (I think Rabies's reason voting at the time was pretty weak), but I don't think it makes Rabies scum.

@gonnano: Much of your posting day one has been about Rabies and defending against Charter. Assuming Rabies isn't getting lynched today, who else do you think is scummy?

My thoughts on jimfinn hasn't changed particularly, I'd be reasonably happy lynching him.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Sorry, I'm not going to have time to do much in the way of a catch-up tonight, shit at work is not good right now and I have to go in early tomorrow. I will
Unvote
until I can do a recap and a big post for catch-up should be incoming tomorrow.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Rabies
Rabies
Townie
Rabies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Rabies »

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug wrote:Define "earlier".

gonnano
gonnano wrote:The reason that I thought this was scummy was because you seemed like you were trying to get a wagon going on Enigma based on bad logic that sounded good on the surface. Scum are looking for any excuse to accuse someone, and the fact that you used a very common scumtell -- piggybacking -- made it seem like you were trying to fit a scumtell to the situation rather than examining the actual motives of the players.
Who said I was using piggybacking as the only scumtell here? I thought Enigma was scummy because he piggybacked AND didn't seem to have anything else to say.

8 pages of stuff has happened since then. This is the only thing you can find to keep harking on about? And you're wondering why people won't give this turd of a case a second look?
gonnano wrote:What backtracking have I done?
You drew back and distanced from Enigma when accused of white knighting. charter didn't.
gonnano wrote:However, a read through of Mizzy's ISO has left me with the impression that she is flying under the radar, which I do not like.
This isn't true. If you want player flying under the radar, think StrangerCoug and LynchMePls.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

gonnano wrote:Also, everyone but StrangerCoug, charter, and Rabies seems to be ignoring my question about the merits/shortcomings of my vote and case against Rabies. I'm very interested in the responses to that question, if it's not too much trouble.
I don't see much of a case, and what I do is either misguided (calling out Rabies Enigma vote) or not interesting on Day 1 (connections with charter). So, no, not seeing it.

----

moose, stop whining and play the game, or you will be rightly lynched today.

----

charter, why do you prefer jimfinn over Enigma?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by charter »

Don't forget our friend Jimfinn. Lurking, active lurking, flying under the radar, scummy, probably some other stuff I forgot. But Gonnano won't give an opinion on him :(
Mac wrote:charter, why do you prefer jimfinn over Enigma?
I find Jimfinn much MUCH scummier.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rabies wrote:
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug wrote:Define "earlier".
I wasn't aware that gonnano made any sort of case on you.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by moose200x »

charter wrote:Don't forget our friend Jimfinn. Lurking, active lurking, flying under the radar, scummy, probably some other stuff I forgot. But Gonnano won't give an opinion on him :(
Mac wrote:charter, why do you prefer jimfinn over Enigma?
I find Jimfinn much MUCH scummier.

Charter, I like you, and as per my meta, i always buddy. So I am buddying with you. Now, will you take my hand and walk me step throught step why jimfinn is scum? or is it just the lurking?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Enigma »

Just a reminder guys that there are 2 week deadlines for this game. And we are already 1 week in.
LynchMePls wrote:Yes its rare, that's the whole point. Why would enigma say teams when multiple teams in a 12 man game is rare? That's the whole point! It looks like inside information.
That's in no way what I meant and it's pretty obvious to any non illiterate reader. The fact that you are purposely
misrepresenting
just one word of my entire essay is horribly scummy. All I see from you is just trying to convince more people to change their opinions of me to make me the scum mislynch of the dayTM since there are already a few people voting me.
gonnano wrote:Also, everyone but StrangerCoug, charter, and Rabies seems to be ignoring my question about the merits/shortcomings of my vote and case against Rabies. I'm very interested in the responses to that question, if it's not too much trouble.
I looked through your case (or series of posts w/e). I do find how Rabies jumped onto my bandwagon scummy, I do believe scum try and take the first opportunity to look pro-town, and in that make assumptions that the average uninformed town majority wouldn't.

His attempt to defend his case is pretty poor, and how he attacks SC for presenting a similar argument, though differently worded is interesting.
But honestly all I listed is about all of what I dislike from what he has posted, and is only a fraction of his content, some of which I do agree with.
ProkhorZakharov wrote:I DO want answers to my questions, they help me scumhunt, but I'll rephrase them for you: Was your vote on jimfinn entirely random? Did you, at the time of my first question, think he was scummy?
Not entirely random (but mostly .. it's RVS for crying out loud), usually just probing for a response but the reasoning had minimal merit and why would I find someone scummy when they have posted 1 sentence so far in the game. Sorry my scumdar ain't that good. Early game as far as I'm concerned for me is just voting someone who has done something interesting and hoping for an unfavorable response to warrant putting more pressure on.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:55 am

Post by LimMePls »

That's in no way what I meant and it's pretty obvious to any non illiterate reader. The fact that you are purposely misrepresenting just one word of my entire essay is horribly scummy. All I see from you is just trying to convince more people to change their opinions of me to make me the scum mislynch of the dayTM since there are already a few people voting me.
I beg your pardon? If that isn't what you meant, then please explain what you meant. It looked pretty clear to me.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Enigma »

No thankyou.

Please take some classes in reading comprehension scumbag. Or maybe reading the thread might help.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 am

Post by LimMePls »

I have never one time seen the words "scum team" used to mean anything other than a full faction. When someone posts "scum team(s)" on D1, there is the possibility that they are posting with inside information. I dunno how I was supposed to see anything else. I HAVE caught scum using a similar tell in reverse, although I can't link the game, it is ongoing. If I see someone making statements that looks to have inside information on D1, you better believe I'm calling it out.

Call me scumbag all you want, it doesn't make my observation scummy, and it surely doesn't make me scum.

V/LA on weekends
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:34 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Un-FoS: LynchMePls
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Rabies
Rabies
Townie
Rabies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Rabies »

Enigma wrote:I do find how Rabies jumped onto my bandwagon scummy, I do believe scum try and take the first opportunity to look pro-town, and in that make assumptions that the average uninformed town majority wouldn't.
How did I "jump onto your bandwagon"? I was the first vote.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, it's really obvious that there are two ways of interpreting what Enigma said regarding "scum teams". One is how LMP is saying, that Enigma has inside knowledge of multiple scum factions being present in this game. That's the way Enigma was obviously not using. Then there's the other way, that Enigma is keeping his options open to multiple possibilities regarding what a single scum team could be, for example it could be player a, b, and c, or it could be player b, e, f, or a, c, d. That right there shows three different possible scum TEAMS. That's the way Enigma was obviously using it to mean. LMP gets some scumpoints for the extent to which he's pushing this, since I find I do that a lot as scum, latch on to something pretty concrete and then push it and ignore everything else.

@Moose, I will give you a case on Jimfinn, but first I would like you to answer a question for me. Why do you need a case for why Jimfinn is scum now, but earlier you voted Gonnano (and are still voting him) but didn't need a reason to?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by jimfinn »

I'm really not liking the exchange between enigma and LMP about the potential misrep of "teams." I can't put a very concrete finger in its cookie jar, but there's certainly something about that exchange that REEKS of scum - if not LMP for his overreaction to the word choice, then enigma for how hard she's attacking his case as scummy. Something's definitely wrong, but it's more gut than logic there. But hey, that and a buck-twentyfive'll get you a delicious lemon ice tea!
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Earlier then usual, you saw the sun starting to glaze at you from an uncomfortable distance. Knowing that you wish to not risk blindness, you quietly made a 180 around where you were previously at and continued your work from there. You realized two things.

One was that you were going to have to leave soon. The time felt slow, but it was making progress toward your expiration date for jolting down records of the event as you had a promise to your girl friend that you would not neglect to deliver.

The other was that despite the crunching time, the people in the group would be preparing for a lynch very soon. Depending on the time, you would be a witness to this event that would normally be considered a crime, which you knew was the only way to destroy the evil in the cities. To you, this was an execution and it would be brutal.

Vote Count #9, Day 1

Enigima (2): MacavityLock, StrangerCoug
LynchMePls (1): jimfinn
moose200x (2): Riceballtail, ProkhorZaharov
Riceballtail (0):
jimfinn (1): charter
Rabies (1): gonnano
Mizzy (1): Enigma
gonnano (3): moose200x, Rabies, LynchMePls
charter (0):
StrangerCoug (0):
MacavityLock (0):
ProkhorZakharov (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1): Mizzy

The deadline is Monday November 22nd, 2010 at 6:00 PM CST. There are
six
days left to lynch.
With twelve players alive, it will take seven votes on a person to lynch.
So far, no one is in need of a prod.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by moose200x »

charter wrote:Ok, it's really obvious that there are two ways of interpreting what Enigma said regarding "scum teams". One is how LMP is saying, that Enigma has inside knowledge of multiple scum factions being present in this game. That's the way Enigma was obviously not using. Then there's the other way, that Enigma is keeping his options open to multiple possibilities regarding what a single scum team could be, for example it could be player a, b, and c, or it could be player b, e, f, or a, c, d. That right there shows three different possible scum TEAMS. That's the way Enigma was obviously using it to mean. LMP gets some scumpoints for the extent to which he's pushing this, since I find I do that a lot as scum, latch on to something pretty concrete and then push it and ignore everything else.

@Moose, I will give you a case on Jimfinn, but first I would like you to answer a question for me. Why do you need a case for why Jimfinn is scum now, but earlier you voted Gonnano (and are still voting him) but didn't need a reason to?
Early on, wanted to get my vote where it matterd. Gotta pressure peeps ya know? and we had no intent to lynch ol' gonnano, but jimfinn is someone that i'd love to see hang. so i'd really like to push his lynch and just wanna see why you think he is scummy.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Are you still bitter about that newbie where I hammered you, moose?
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
ProkhorZakharov
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by ProkhorZakharov »

Would you drop the "scum team(s)" for now? If there's evidence of multiple scum teams it becomes a much more interesting potential slip but until then it's moot.
moose200x wrote:I think gonnano is not going to help town win and I feel a good policy lynch is in place. I'm ok if we don't lynch him tho.
moose200x wrote:we had no intent to lynch ol' gonnano
Also you're still voting him.
moose200x wrote:jimfinn is someone that i'd love to see hang. so i'd really like to push his lynch and just wanna see why you think he is scummy.
How about we see your case on him instead of you copying charter in that case?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Enigma »

jimfinn wrote:I'm really not liking the exchange between enigma and LMP about the potential misrep of "teams." I can't put a very concrete finger in its cookie jar, but there's certainly something about that exchange that REEKS of scum - if not LMP for his overreaction to the word choice, then enigma for how hard
she's
attacking his case as scummy. Something's definitely wrong, but it's more gut than logic there. But hey, that and a buck-twentyfive'll get you a delicious lemon ice tea!
I have a penis tyvm.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by moose200x »

jimfinn wrote:Are you still bitter about that newbie where I hammered you, moose?

honestly, I don't remember you :(

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”