Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why do you want ben to rob one grave? The whole point of him robbing is to shut down his action. Giving him an extra insanity for the hell of it is dumb. And if you think Furc is cult, then that's just silly.

I still think graverobbing should follow the SAII format of being used to shut down cult/murderers.

-preview edit-

I can understand where you are coming from with most of it, but I don't think it's an efficient system for stopping scum members. Just my opinion though....that's why I was trying to get more people talking about graverobbing early in the day instead of waiting too long.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Seacore »

Benmage will not rob two graves. However I'd be happy with him gaining extra insanities to make it harder for him to go murderer.

I don't think Furc is cult. I think furc is useless and would be happy to load him up with all of the town's necessary insanities, and to also make it hard for him to go murderer.

But to be honest, I'm happy with your system too.
As you said, yours is designed to shut down cultists and murderers,
Mine is designed to minimise insanities in the town.

Lets do yours.
We need to get people to publicly agree to the arrangement.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Andrius »

I'm down for VP's. If we can-essentially- roleblock the scum/potential murderers from acting besides robbing graves for us, we're in pretty good shape.

I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work...
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Seacore »

Official Graverob Roster V.1

RC = Furc, 2nd Wagonee
Fate = VP, Baby Spice
LB = Wicked, Baby Spice
Lynchee = Hito, 2nd Wagonee

Please state whether you agree with this roster.

Furc, VP, BS, Wicked and Hito, please publicly agree to this roster.
MoI, Kunk and ElG, please also publicly agree to this roster, to state that you'll perform the 2nd Wagonee role should it apply to you.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Wickedestjr wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:1) It wasn't till Hito finally explained how the mod response was formulated to handle the exception that it made sense why Furcolow was confirmed.
2) His botch of a claim made it so it looked like he was lying, so either Cult or Murderer-in-training. The second was more likely because with daytalk it would be less likely for them to botch that claim.
1) Are you talking about this post?
2) Did you want him lynched.
3) Defense?
1) I was referring to this post, Hito's ISO #17, or Post #548. His response in that post to one of my posts made sense to me, hence the unvote of Furcolow in my next post, #655.

2) I wanted Furcolow lynched up until my unvote.

3) Defense to what points? I think you've raised a few that I might have bypassed, specify any in particular that you want response to.
Trilobite wrote:What exactly seperates Nico from El Goosuki in content? Why is it that you don't seem the least bit interested in points raised about Nico? Looking at his play I see a total of 5 posts, with 3 different votes laid out. When I see that, I don't see a player that's really looking hard into anyone at all. It just feels like trying to look proactive, when you're looking at it in isolation, it doesn't feel like he's really investigating into any of the suspects he's voting for. It's like the votes are cast out there and without much further inquiry he changes them.

What bothers me though is the way you attempt to completely vilify El Goosuki for the vote. And your defense of Nico. His posts are decent enough? How? Simply saying they're decent enough doesn't cut it for me. Enlighten me. What makes El Goosuki's "lack of content" scummy, and what makes Nico's "limited activity" pro-town?
One, I've known Nico to not be an avid poster, so his "limited activity" doesn't strike me as abnormal or scummy. El Goosuki on the other hand has 3 separate heads to keep up. (In review it seems that the magnitude of the "lostness" is a bit exaggerated by memory, but a there are several posts that point out not trying to contribute on their own.)

El Goosuki's has one vote in the first two pages of their ISO, ISO #27. Who did they vote? AurorusVox, because Yellow irritates them.

They vote xvart later on following some of ReaperCharlie's logic that xvart's claiming time was iffy, which was and then taken even further with the "conspiracy", then try to substantiate it by saying his voting patterns were suspect, but didn't mention why.

They subsequently vote MoI because he is "worse" then them? That is an obvious bandwagon vote right there.

Then we come to the Nico vote which I've stated why I dislike that vote.

On the other hand Nico's first vote goes to Furpants_Tom for attacking benmage. This is not a bandwagon or similar vote, as I don't believe there has been any real pressure on Furpants.

The second and third vote could be considered bandwagon votes, but I'm seeing more as him just being late to post his opinions.

Your point about not inquiring further is valid, though.

Nicodemus isn't making my list of obvtown, but besides the lurking style he isn't standing out to me as scum.

DGB: Why is Nico not voting in a post anyway scummy? You effectively set him up to look scummy no matter what he does, damned if he votes, damned if he holds.

Regarding graverob: Follow VP's plan. It mirrors my own sentiments regarding the graverob as he understands the technique from SAII.

I publicly agree to perform my graverobbing duties if so assigned.
Welcome to the Network.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Benmage »

Seacore wrote:Benmage will not rob two graves. However I'd be happy with him gaining extra insanities to make it harder for him to go murderer.
This is correct. I am robbing one grave, because I am also killing tonight. And I'd like to rob Fate. Although I'll rob whomever.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Seacore wrote:Official Graverob Roster V.1

RC = Furc, 2nd Wagonee
Fate = VP, Baby Spice
LB = Wicked, Baby Spice
One question: Why exactly are we blocking Baby Spice when they have exactly one vote on them? Wouldn't it make more sense to replace BS with the 3rd wagonee, given that we have 3 relatively large wagons at this point?

RC = Furc, 2nd Wagonee
Fate = VP, 3rd Wagonee
LB = Wicked, 3rd Wagonee

And I understand putting VP on the list because it's his plan, but is hito there because people seem to trust him, or for another reason that I've missed?

I still don't see why we need to flip Fate now (for reasons stated earlier), but I strongly suspect it's going to happen, so there's no real point preparing a counter-plan for 3 corpse night.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Seacore »

Benmage, the current proposal does not have you robbing at all, do you agree to the current proposal?

Tom, raises a good point about BS vs 3rd Wagonee, I'd be happier with that.

However, Tom, what possible reason could there be to dispatch Fate later, given we're going to have less town but the bodies are going to continue to pile up?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Benmage »

Well yeah, if I don't have to Rob thats all good. But If I do, I will only do it once, and I'd like to rob Fate. (Although thats not an absolute)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Seacore wrote:However, Tom, what possible reason could there be to dispatch Fate later, given we're going to have less town but the bodies are going to continue to pile up?
I don't really see a need to flip him at all, frankly. If he was scum, I can't see any situation in which he would have said anything about RC's out-of-thread disclosures, since RC was very, very likely to be lynched anyhow. Percy noted that the soulrip was for "attempting to gain tactical advantage", and I can't see how his actions - moving off a town bandwagon and then revealing his off-thread information to the town - could be perceived as advantageous for scum. RC I thought was a worthwhile flip, because it's entirely possible that he was lying to Fate out-of-thread in the first place.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

I agree, but at the cost of two insanity points, I think it's worth finding out for sure.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Ugh, I'm getting further and further behind, damn assignments. I was considering asking for a replacement but I should be right after this week.

Anyway:

1) I still think we should lynch kunkstar today
2) Somebody should try and prove themselves investigator by killing El Goosuki
3) Could everybody proposing/commenting on grave robbing tactics please state whether you have played in SAII, and if so what the grave-robbing strategies were in that game and how they worked out in the end?
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Well, it's not just 2 insanity points. It diminishes the non-scum:scum ratio by one as well. Unless I've misread the soulrip rules, Fate counts as a neutral survivor until he's actually dead - regardless of his previous alignment, and the scum don't win until they constitute at least half the living players.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Seacore »

Hmmm, that's an interesting point...

@mod, can we get clarification on that?
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

I thought I'd brought that up before, but a quick ISO of myself reveals that I didn't, I just kept saying "for reasons already stated" or similar. D'oh. Sorry everyone.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I am robbing two graves of my own choosing
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Furcolow wrote:I am robbing two graves of my own choosing
If you are doing this at least tell us who so we can plan out the rest of the graverobs. We don't want triple robs to add unnecessary insanities.
Welcome to the Network.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Tom wrote:One question: Why exactly are we blocking Baby Spice when they have exactly one vote on them? Wouldn't it make more sense to replace BS with the 3rd wagonee, given that we have 3 relatively large wagons at this point?
I just put her there originally because I'm suspicious of her. I think a lot of people are actually, even though she hasn't gotten much attention today. Third wagonee may make more sense though. In terms of scumminess though, I think BS is just as bad as kunk or ElG really.
Tom wrote:And I understand putting VP on the list because it's his plan, but is hito there because people seem to trust him, or for another reason that I've missed?
You're correct. The point of the list is to put one protown person with each scummy person that way you are less likely to have cult corpse dust or skipping out on robbing graves.
Tom wrote:I don't really see a need to flip him at all, frankly. If he was scum, I can't see any situation in which he would have said anything about RC's out-of-thread disclosures, since RC was very, very likely to be lynched anyhow. Percy noted that the soulrip was for "attempting to gain tactical advantage", and I can't see how his actions - moving off a town bandwagon and then revealing his off-thread information to the town - could be perceived as advantageous for scum. RC I thought was a worthwhile flip, because it's entirely possible that he was lying to Fate out-of-thread in the first place.
WIFOM is WIFOM. It's better to be certain than to be later in the game and have lylo come up unknowingly. I think Fate will flip town too, but that's no reason to believe it's an impossibility.

Hmm about your other point, however. I'll be interested to hear from the mods.
YOUR AD HERE

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hey Percy, Lost Butterfly is still "alive" in the first post. Just letting you know.

Sorry Vi, but you're not good enough for this one. :P /loljk
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

VP Baltar wrote:
Tom wrote:And I understand putting VP on the list because it's his plan, but is hito there because people seem to trust him, or for another reason that I've missed?
You're correct. The point of the list is to put one protown person with each scummy person that way you are less likely to have cult corpse dust or skipping out on robbing graves.
In that case, as much as it grates on me to say it, wouldn't hito be better replaced with BenMage? Especially since he's already said he's willing to rob a single grave as directed.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Seacore »

Sigh Furc, this is a team game, so please play with the team.

If Furc doesn't agree to grave rob the way we dictate, let's just leave him out of it and ignore him even more thoroughly.

And while I feel Hito is obv town, I agree with Tom's last point, Benmage makes a better option. It gives him more insanity points and he's almost certianly not cult.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, who robs graves from the protown side is less important than who robs graves from the scum side....so it's really up to the majority to decide. Benmage is already crippled with insanities from his idiotic stalking, but I suppose one more isn't going to hurt. I do think he's town. I also think hito's town, so I'm pretty indifferent to which of them does it.
YOUR AD HERE

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Seacore »

How about we swap Furc out and put Benmage in. I don't think Furc can be trusted to do anything.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I can live with that.
YOUR AD HERE

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay, so,

Final Grave Rob Roster V2

RC = VP, 2nd Wagonee
Fate = Benmage, 3rd Wagonee
LB = Wicked, 3rd Wagonee

I've given in to Benmage's request to lynch Fate, I personally don't see the harm in letting him choose, particularly since he doesn't know who his robbing partner will be at this point.

If we decide not to dispatch fate, or can't swing the dispatch votes in time, then lets just have

RC = VP, 2nd Wagonee
LB = Wicked, 3rd Wagonee

It doesn't block out the 3rd wagonee, but it still up's their insanity count in an auditable way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”