Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Mr Smith »

oh good you're finall starting to realize that Pineapple is town. kthx
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 am

Post by TomAndJerry »

Tom and I have talked this over and our vote stays on Pineapple. As I said earlier, my read on IceCream is null, on the same level of read as Faranor.
Mr. Smith #489 wrote:Hey Charlie! I'm worried about you only mentioning me once in your #484, and then putting me in "scummy" and "not town", the latter of which I find to be the most solid stance one can take besides "confirmed scum." What between the first list of reads and the second list of reads made you take this more solid stance? Why aren't you voting me, then? You feel one of Bowser and Pineapple is scum, but if I'm a more definite read, why not vote me? Can't back it up? That really rubs me the wrong way, y'know, and I know you're one to back up "cases" with lots of evidence. (Guess which head is posting this to win absolutely nothing but satisfaction in your reading abilities!)
I go by process of elimination. This means that when I get a town read, the ones who are left are likely Mafia. Voting is done as a one i.e. both heads of the hydra should agree on the vote. You're Parama.
MasterSpy #500 wrote:
Jerry wrote:Page 11: Lol, I see some amount of mod-WIFOM in MasterSpy's #225, questionable content riddled with emotional responses. Mafia cracking under pressure, me thinks.

Really? You’ll have to seriously back all these statements up because I find it compelling.

What specifically is Mod WIFOM? What is questionable content and what do you see as emotional responses? How would you characterize it as ‘cracking under pressure’ when not a single vote was resting on the slot at that juncture.

I’m interested in seeing your support your assertions Charlie.
Whoops, the post in question is #255 not #225. In that post you've posted some opinions to the mod to do more votecounts. Problem is, I see it at an attempt to look helpful without actually being of much help. Same goes for my opinion of Zorblag and his "unofficial votecounts". And the latest thing is Professor Paradox is also doing it, wth. I don't believe this is something a Town-aligned player would do. This is questionable content. That rant in the post - a rant in itself is emotional. Based on what I know, Mafia tend to post emotionally more often and that set some alarm bells ringing in my head. Votes do not need to be cast to indicate pressure.

-Jerry
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Chimaira »

TomAndJerry Post 488 wrote:My last post was essentially a vote as I named my top suspect, but hey this time around I got a partner who posts in the game so I figured I'd wait around until then. How am I exactly flying under the radar, you know voting isn't the only scum hunting method >.>
Please. This isn't a newbie game, you should know by now how important voting is. Your list of excuses is less than impressive. But hey, at least you got a vote out there right?

And as far as your point on Troll doing vote counts on day one that was simply because the Mod wasn't doing them at all. I can understand being a replacement and not feeling the real time wait we had between counts, but I think you are pushing a null tell at best there.

Still extremely happy with a Pineapple lynch. I think we're looking at a scum flip here, the lazy town claim doesn't inspire me away from that thinking.

The back and forth between Crab and Mr Smith is actually a good thing as it is getting everything out in the open between them. I still leaning town on both of these slots though.

~Sotty
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Pineapple »

getting close to deadline...

anyway my partner didnt show up overnight but here's some of my and his latest thoughts on things:

for reference a list of our reads:

Town

Chimira
Masterspy
Crab Canon
Tom and Jerry

Null/scummy/hating their play

Faranor
Bowser

Mr. Smith

Ice Cream
Professor Paradox

vote count fun:

Pineapple (L-1): Faranor, Chimaira, Bowser, TomAndJerry, Crab Canon
IceCream (L-4): Professor Paradox, Mr. Smith
Professor Paradox (L-4): MasterSpy, Pineapple
Mr. Smith (L-5): IceCream

bv311: 7: Crab Canon, Chimaira, FourTigers, MasterSpy, Mr Smith, IceCream, Pineapple
Bowser: 2: bv311, TomAndJerry
Professor Paradox: 1: Pineapple
Pineapple: 1: Faranor
Mr Smith: 1: Professor Paradox

CC and Chimaira are on both lynches...

also, ignoring us there are 9 people alive...and guess what: 8 of those 9 show up between the two lynches. meaning there is scum somewhere on one of the lynches.

which means if you think the bv311 lynch didn't have scum on it(or even only one scum) then there is scum on our wagon. it also applies vice versa.

something else to think about:

if we are scum? who would fit as a partner?
if/when we flip town, then who do you think is scum?

i also was looking over who people think is town/scum/neutral(based on what i could find in thread). some things i noticed:

Mr. Smith shows up on almost everyone's scum list.
Ice Cream only shows up on Faranor's town list.
TnJ and CC are the only two people that posted a full list of their town/scum reads.
Faranor's stated reads are almost an exact opposite of ours. He also is the only person to put PP on his town reads. He is one of two that put Bowser as town(PP is the other), and one of two that put Smith as town(Chimaira is the other). All three of these people show up on at least 3 scum lists.
Chimaira shows up on no scum lists. MS only shows up on one scum list(Faranor). CC only shows up on two(Mr. Smith and IC).

Now obviously reads are going to change and due to the nature of hydras there may be some conflicting reads, but it's useful as a reference point later down the road.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Bowser »

I'm in GMT+13 and don't know exactly how close we are to deadline. But I do believe it's too late for last minute switches, we'd most likely end up with a no lynch.

Pineapple, will you self hammer before deadline if necessary. Why or why not?

~Tal
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Pineapple »

i'm not planning on self-hammering. a no lynch is better then a mislynch.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Bowser »

Not true. A no lynch is only better for scum. It keeps the town in the dark for that much longer. A townie should always be willing to get lynched rather than send town to night with no information.

~Tal
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Pineapple »

EBWOP:

also the players in this game have been fairly active. not super great, but I believe everyone has posted within 24 hours, and at the very least within the last 48. if enough people can't get together with this kind of activity and agree on a lynch...then what does that say about the leading wagon?

PEDIT: we dont have no information though. we still have the wagon, regardless of whether i flip or not. you are also assuming that no one's scum/town reads are going to change by much tomorrow.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Bowser »

Finally the scum survival instinct (that someone was mentioning) has kicked in, huh?

Please people, Pineapple is a good lynch.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:29 am

Post by MasterSpy »

Aah! This game is so frustrating.

I'm here to hammer if necessary (I think there's an hour to go before the deadline), but this is pretty annoying. Pineapple is acting like a townie on his deathbed, not like scum, even though his last post is an utterly useless attempt at analysis. He just seems to be totally off in Lalaland. Neither head likes this lynch (although Black Spy's reasoning seems to be more others' reactions to him rather than Pineapple himself).

I really wish Black Spy was here for feedback.

At an even number of players, a no-lynch wouldn't be the end of the world, but if Pineapple doesn't die, everyone else in the game is an idiot who's just going to go, "LOL, we have no choice but to lynch Pineapple today, because Pineapple is
obv-scum
! Even though I haven't read the game, of course. Because...uh, I dunno, I haven't actually read the game, but everyone else says he is! And stupid players are always scum...except when they're me, of course."

I dunno, what's the vote count right now. Is there any other viable wagon besides Pineapple?

Well, right now, there is utterly no chance in hell that this town wins. Zero. Good game, scum. Or more accurately, horrible game, town. Better add this one to the loss column. I shouldn't pass around blame, since I've spent most of the game on V/LA or catching up, but it's still infuriating. It's just nothing but braindead comments like "LOL, what's going on? I dunno. VOTE: Crab Canon, because...um, he was mean to me." *three days later* "LOL, VOTE: Faranor. Because he's obvscum, because...dunno, he probably is. Because someone else said he was." *half the game replaces out*

I dunno if I should even try spamming the thread with content before someone hammers, in case we get targeted for a kill tonight and don't get protected. Um...last words just in case. Ignore everything that Black Spy said about Faranor, because they're obvtown, so don't lynch them. Crab Canon is our strongest joint protown read, and the most useful player. Professor Paradox has COMPLETELY IGNORED my point about meta. And please...PLEASE...someone put pressure on Chimaira tomorrow if they're still alive. PLEASE.

Notice that they're two of the strongest players in the game, and yet they've essentially been sitting on their hands all day. They've concentrated the bulk of their energy on chiding the non-voters to
vote
. In fact, Zorblag has a suspect list that consists solely of players who haven't voted yet. They haven't been seriously pressuring anyone in a way to find out more about their alignment

Gah. I wish I'd mentioned this sooner.

~White Spy
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I'm here for the record and would vote for people on my poo poo list before deadline if there is enough for a lynch. I agree that Pineapple is definitely acting like dying town and not dying scum. Who is in that hydra currently?
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Tell me more about your Chimaira hate. I may be open to the idea of a no lynch...idk. I want to talk to my partner, but I don't know if she's around :(
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I mean, I know conventional wisdom is to always lynch, but that last pineapple post screams town. Keeping another body around that I'm pretty sure is town seems like a greater benefit than what little additional info a flip would give me. Someone show up so I can talk about this.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 am

Post by MasterSpy »

AAAAAH!

I'm here right now...but oh fuck.

Where is Black Spy where I need him?

Because...um, I'm starting to have reasons for thinking that lynching
might
be better than no lynching, since it's just delaying the inevitable.

Please don't tell me there are fifteen minutes left, are there.

Um...random point about Chimaira:
Still extremely happy with a Pineapple lynch. I think we're looking at a scum flip here, the lazy town claim doesn't inspire me away from that thinking.
So wait. You think you're looking at a scum flip because Pineapple
claimed vanilla
? Are you saying town is more likely than scum to claim vanilla?
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Bowser »

Open to the idea of a no lynch... on Day 2? I can't believe what I'm reading.

Pretty sure is town?? *tears hair out*. Anyone can make a convincing town sounding post. Haven't you seen them from scum many a time? The only thing you can trust in this game is the alignment of the dead bodies that pile up. So let's pile them up.

I'm on my way out the door so can't stay and chat more.

~Tal
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I know I know. Confirmation is better than guessing and I'm probably just getting the last second jitters about it, but it is a very genuine sounding post. Sigh...I hate deadline lynches like this.

On the other hand, I agree with MS about the Chimaira post. I really think scum would have claimed some type of power role at the last second to cause confusion and try to delay their lynch for another day. It's just proper scum play.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:52 am

Post by MasterSpy »

EBWOP: Um, I mean the opposite. You think scum is more likely than town to claim vanilla? This just seems like a lazy attempt to keep up their Pineapple suspicions.

And Talitha's suspicion of Pineapple doesn't seem all that sincere. But...eh, I kind of see the point about survival instinct.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Professor Paradox »

MasterSpy wrote:Professor Paradox has COMPLETELY IGNORED my point about meta.
What more do you want that our iso 42?

I'm not interested in No Lynch today, and will vote for Pineapple in 5 minutes.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Also, I don't think "anyone can make a convincing town post" but that's probably a separate issue.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Crab Canon »

what do you think of Pineapple's claim and latest post PP?
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Pineapple »

Crab Canon wrote:I'm here for the record and would vote for people on my poo poo list before deadline if there is enough for a lynch. I agree that Pineapple is definitely acting like dying town and not dying scum. Who is in that hydra currently?
me(Narsis) and Chronopie(who only replaced in a couple days ago)
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Crab Canon »

blarg, I don't know you guys well enough to make any meta decisions about you.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 am

The suspicions post has a pretty boring "follow the majority" feel to it, but the rest does read kind of like resigned town. I really wish Pineapple had been more active before the last hour pre-deadline. Would still rather have the flip.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 am

Unvote. Vote: Pineapple
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Crab Canon »

We shall see. Hope I'm wrong and this is just me stressing over nothing at the last second.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”