Mini 1082 (Guns and Ropes: Midland): An Unfaithful Ending.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 am

Post by charter »

charter wrote:Why do you question me for making this discernment when Gonnano is the one who is basing RBT being scum solely on his lurking? How is it that Gonnano can discern that RBT is a scum lurker and not a town one, and why did you not ask him that?
Jimfinn, stop ignoring difficult questions.
Mac wrote:Note: gonnano is voting RBT. charter, explain?
I don't see how it matters much, Gonnano has given basically no reason to be voting RBT and RBT has no other votes, and right now it looks like an extremely slim chance of being lynched. RBT is the third wheel right now, Jimfinn and Gonnano are definitely buddies.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:52 am

Post by LimMePls »

jimfinn wrote:My reason for voting LMP is that LMP made a case on Gonanno without voting him, which certainly made me feel like he was trying to act useful but not willing to apply pressure, a stance more useful to scum than to town. In other words, I found the case without vote suspicious moreso than having anything to do with who it was on.
How is making a case but not voting "not willing to apply pressure"? Isn't making a case applying pressure? Surely you understand how absurd that sounds. Regardless, when I was asked about it, I admitted that there not being a vote was an oversight. Why is my response that it was an oversight, followed by correcting the oversight, not a valid response?

Your vote on me makes no sense.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:36 am

Post by gonnano »

charter wrote:Now Gonnano is voting RBT townlurker over Jimfinn scumlurker. Also it seems like he's giving up on Rabies now that everyone has told him he's wrong. Looks like a backtrack coupled with an opportunistic vote. Doesn't even ask RBT any questions to get him to stop lurking.
If I had stuck with the Rabies vote you would have said that was scummy too. I have a funny feeling that you're just going to say that anything I do is scummy from now on, regardless of whether it is or not. I'm not giving up on Rabies, but it looks like no one else suspects him yet, so I won't be able to get him lynched today. And I did ask for information from RBT, but the fact that I didn't specifically state it as a direct question probably got you all confused. Here, I'll rephrase it.

@ RBT - You say that you are sitting back and analyzing, but you haven't posted much analysis. What results have your analysis yielded?
Rabies wrote:If there aren't any specific points against him, why do you think he's "vaguely scummy"?
Did you even read what I wrote?
charter wrote:Gonnano is the one who is basing RBT being scum solely on his lurking
that's because lurking is ALL HE HAS DONE.

The reason that I am voting RBT over jimfinn is that RBT has done more lurking. Jimfinn has made some meaningful comments and placed a few votes with reasons that are real (whether you agree with them or not). RBT has made a couple of cryptic statements and voted for the VI. Not to mention that jimfinn has twice as many posts in this game as RBT.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:39 am

Post by gonnano »

In case it wasn't clear, I think that lynching RBT would be the right way to go unless something drastic happens.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:27 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, here's what I think of the two main wagon targets:

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck gonnano's problem is with Rabies. I'm probably seeing the forest for the trees, but... agreeing with somebody is scummy? Seriously? I'm also not fond of how gonnano deals with the VI issue.

jimfinn doesn't look too problematic in ISO except for the charter case. I'm on jimfinn's side with regards to policy lynching, but the rest of his case is worth about as much as a handful of dirt. I don't see the joking around that early as all that scummy, and the bit about charter's wagonning gonnano reads less scummy and more reaction-fishing. Reaction fishing is a
GOOD
thing.

I'm leaning towards gonnano, but would like both of them to defend themselves here before I touch either of them. I also need a clarification of gonnano's case of Rabies.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:48 am

Post by charter »

Jimfinn has made 18 posts. Other than back and forth with me, I'd say there are 13 posts left. Of those 13, I would say he is doing some semblance of scumhunting in 2. The other 11 posts of his, I'd consider fluff or active lurking. That's what I find so scummy about Jimfinn. When most of what he's doing is arguing win percentage, scum team speculation, and just trying to placate other players.
Gonnano wrote:that's because lurking is ALL HE HAS DONE.
You think that his lurking is so scummy as to warrant a lynch as opposed to someone who has posted plenty and is scummy and would make scumhunting easier in future days? To be honest, if we lynch RBT today and he flips scum, that's cool, but we won't find his buddies. And how are you determining he is a scum lurker as opposed to a town one?
ProkhorZakharov
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by ProkhorZakharov »

Rabies wrote: Also, looking through his ISO, I see a ton of questions he doesn't follow up on (scummy because scum want to look like they're participating without actually doing anything with the answers they get).
Is there a question somewhere in here I can answer or are you just thinking out loud? Unless I think of a follow-up question I don't usually acknowledge every answer. Also I'm lazy sometimes.
ProkhorZakharov wrote:
Enigma wrote:Nobody's lynching anybody just yet, so if you're town why don't you start being useful and hunt some scum? If you're trying, you're not trying very hard.
Associating scum hunting with being pro-town is a very dangerous path to take. Nor should that be used buy him a free pass from his current predicament.
What? Please explain why scum hunting isn't pro-town, that's news for me. [/quote]
@Enigma, you missed something.
Riceballtail wrote:I still like my moose vote. VI or no, he could really stand to at least try to think for himself.

Also, Enigma, I'm mostly sitting back analyzing right now. My vote is on who looks like the best lynch for today.
I don't like this post. Stop lurking and give us more of your stuff to analyze. Why do you think Moose is the best lynch for today? What do you think about everyone else? Also you ignored my question before which was pretty much the same thing.

I was going to say that a jimfinn lynch > gonnano lynch, but hey, maybe they're scum buddies since gonnano refuses to vote him and goes after the lurky lurker instead of the scummy lurker.

@gonnano, why is the lurky lurker the right lynch instead of someone scummy?

UNVOTE: Will vote soonish I think but 48 hour deadline is upon me like this minute and I need to collect my thoughts a bit.
Rabies
Rabies
Townie
Rabies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Rabies »

gonnano wrote:Did you even read what I wrote?
If I ask a question, it's because I don't see it in the text I quoted; you can also quite condescending.
PZ wrote:Is there a question somewhere in here I can answer or are you just thinking out loud? Unless I think of a follow-up question I don't usually acknowledge every answer. Also I'm lazy sometimes.
OK, whatever, no one's listening to me anyway.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

The moon would soon surpass the sun. Once the moon override the sun, it would time for you to go back to what people call "reality". But what you were witnessing was the reality of life, not the "reality" that people made it. This would show that town is willing to do literally anything for the things they represented, even if they would pay with their own blood.

And nothing was going to stop them from achieving that goal.

Vote Count #11, Day 1

Enigima (0):
LynchMePls (1): jimfinn
moose200x (2): Riceballtail, ProkhorZaharov
Riceballtail (1): gonnano
jimfinn (1): MacavityLock
Rabies (0):
Mizzy (1): Enigma
gonnano (4): moose200x, Rabies, LynchMePls, charter
charter (0):
StrangerCoug (0):
MacavityLock (0):
ProkhorZakharov (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (2): Mizzy, StrangerCoug

The deadline is Monday November 22nd, 2010 at 6:00 PM CST. There are
only four
days left to lynch.
With twelve players alive, it will take seven votes on a person to lynch.

Mizzy has not responded to her prod yet. If she does not do so by tomorrow at 10:00 PM CST, she will be replaced.

Engima is also due for a prod since he himself has broken the activity rule. moose200x is heading for a prod in less then two hours as well.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by charter »

This is absolutely ridiculous. We should have already decided who to lynch. These are the people that will make a win impossible for the town: jimfinn, gonnano, MacavityLock, Enigma, Mizzy, StrangerCoug. At least two of them are almost assuredly scum just based on the fact that there are four days until deadline, and you are doing all in your power to ensure a no lynch happens.
ProkhorZakharov
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by ProkhorZakharov »

You know what?
moose200x wrote:we had no intent to lynch ol' gonnano, but jimfinn is someone that i'd love to see hang
@moose:
Why are you voting gonnano?

REVOTE: moose200x Just look at this crap. How scummy can you be and still be declared a VI? If there's any chance of still getting him lynched I'm staying on this wagon.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous. We should have already decided who to lynch. These are the people that will make a win impossible for the town: jimfinn, gonnano, MacavityLock, Enigma, Mizzy, StrangerCoug. At least two of them are almost assuredly scum just based on the fact that there are four days until deadline, and you are doing all in your power to ensure a no lynch happens.
I've made it clear I want gonnano and jimfinn to defend themselves before I go for either. If it's crunch time, then I'll pick somebody before the deadline. I have plenty of time on the weekends.

moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by moose200x »

ProkhorZakharov wrote:You know what?
moose200x wrote:we had no intent to lynch ol' gonnano, but jimfinn is someone that i'd love to see hang
@moose:
Why are you voting gonnano?

REVOTE: moose200x Just look at this crap. How scummy can you be and still be declared a VI? If there's any chance of still getting him lynched I'm staying on this wagon.

LoL you are so wrong. Wanna make a location bet on my role?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Charter, I asked you the question rather than gonnanno because you specifically called me a scumlurker and also used the word townlurker in the same post, and I was asking you to explain the difference. Gonnanno appears to be of the opinion that ALL lurkers are scummy, but you made a distinction.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by charter »

StrangerCoug wrote:I've made it clear I want gonnano and jimfinn to defend themselves before I go for either. If it's crunch time, then I'll pick somebody before the deadline. I have plenty of time on the weekends.
That's fine and dandy, but the majority of people aren't going to be posting much on the weekend, and we are going to have a mad scramble on monday/tuesday. The scums will claim a PR and the townies will unvote, happens every game.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Enigma »

Apologies,
Had quite a bit of alcohol related adventures now that studies are over.

I'll try and get a read in when my brain decides to stop punishing me for drowning it in alcohol.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

UNVOTE; VOTE:Gonnano
(L-2)

You should claim now so we can discuss it instead of hope for a last minute switch.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

jimfinn wrote:A lurker is a lurker, how can you distinguish a town lurker from a scum lurker with any sort of ease on D1?
The reason I don't like this is because I'm reading it as kind of excusing yourself from lurking, as if that's the only part of the case against you. After looking at this again, I see that you're talking specifically about RBT and his lurkiness, so this is not as bad as I read at first. Still, it can easily be read as trying to set yourself up with "lurkiness is null, so stop talking about it".
charter wrote:
Mac wrote:Note: gonnano is voting RBT. charter, explain?
I don't see how it matters much, Gonnano has given basically no reason to be voting RBT and RBT has no other votes, and right now it looks like an extremely slim chance of being lynched. RBT is the third wheel right now, Jimfinn and Gonnano are definitely buddies.
I'm still confused about how you called RBT both gonnano's not-buddy and his obv-buddy in the same post.
charter wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous. We should have already decided who to lynch. These are the people that will make a win impossible for the town: jimfinn, gonnano, MacavityLock, Enigma, Mizzy, StrangerCoug. At least two of them are almost assuredly scum just based on the fact that there are four days until deadline, and you are doing all in your power to ensure a no lynch happens.
So, everyone not voting gonnano is
wrong
? You don't think there's another lynch that could happen today? jimfinn could happen. moose almost happened, and I'm now considering that maybe it should.
moose200x wrote:LoL you are so wrong. Wanna make a location bet on my role?
At this point, you're just thumbing your nose at us. moose, why aren't you scum?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by moose200x »

MacavityLock wrote:
At this point, you're just thumbing your nose at us. moose, why aren't you scum?
How do you know I'm not?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:48 am

Post by charter »

I listed everyone who was not voting, or was the only person voting for someone. At this point, they are all wasting their votes.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:34 am

Post by MacavityLock »

moose200x wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
How do you know I'm not?
That's my point. Give me a reason not to vote you.
charter wrote:I listed everyone who was not voting, or was the only person voting for someone. At this point, they are all wasting their votes.
I do not agree.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:50 am

Post by LimMePls »

LynchMePls wrote:
jimfinn wrote:My reason for voting LMP is that LMP made a case on Gonanno without voting him, which certainly made me feel like he was trying to act useful but not willing to apply pressure, a stance more useful to scum than to town. In other words, I found the case without vote suspicious moreso than having anything to do with who it was on.
How is making a case but not voting "not willing to apply pressure"? Isn't making a case applying pressure? Surely you understand how absurd that sounds. Regardless, when I was asked about it, I admitted that there not being a vote was an oversight. Why is my response that it was an oversight, followed by correcting the oversight, not a valid response?

Your vote on me makes no sense.
@jimfinn you have posted since I asked these questions and have not answered them. Do not avoid them.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I've made it clear I want gonnano and jimfinn to defend themselves before I go for either. If it's crunch time, then I'll pick somebody before the deadline. I have plenty of time on the weekends.
That's fine and dandy, but the majority of people aren't going to be posting much on the weekend, and we are going to have a mad scramble on monday/tuesday. The scums will claim a PR and the townies will unvote, happens every game.
OK, since both of them blew me off...

VOTE: gonnano
L-1.

moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by moose200x »

It'd be so pimptastic if gonnano is scum!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Enigma »

Seems I'm not going to get anywhere with Mizzy, especially now that she is being replaced might as well,
Unvote

And worry about how scummy I think she is in general tomorrow.
Rabies wrote:
Another person who I don't think has received enough scruitiny is PZ.
It seems like he's recently locked onto moose and kind of restricted his accusations and scumhunting to him. Also, looking through his ISO, I see a ton of questions he doesn't follow up on (scummy because scum want to look like they're participating without actually doing anything with the answers they get).
I agree with this. Especially with the questions bit.
MacavityLock wrote:
jimfinn wrote:A lurker is a lurker, how can you distinguish a town lurker from a scum lurker with any sort of ease on D1?
is horrendous, and Enigma isn't looking like he's going to get lynched today, so...
Unvote, Vote: jimfinn
I want to see what you think of the gonnana wagon and why you really haven't commented on it much seeing as it's opposing your witch hunt on jimfinn.

I looked over both the moose and gonnano cases and ISO's. Moose's is just pathetic and I honestly am struggling to get a clear read on him. People like that are vig bait, and their lynch wagon will provide little information to town the following day.
I might be a bit biased over the Rabies/gonnano issue since it concerns me so I kinda don't see a huge deal out of it as I can see where gonnano was coming from, although his latest vote doesn't impress me given the deadline. I'm waiting eagerly for his claim.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”