Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

nacho: no, there are no elaborate cases anywhere per se, but cases aren't needed when its POE.

I think chrono was bussed, and I haven't thought it was me, KMD, or Locke.

With you, the reason I didn't have a town read on you was going all the way back to the way you tried to get EGL lynched. Its all you talked about up to his lynch, and then you disappeared for a while. That is why I voted you on day, was it 5? I can't remember. Here's the post: viewtopic.php?p=2531664#p2531664

Starting the next day, you were becoming more active and I remember thinking that you were making some good points. So I switched my attention to holy. Here is a post where I first started rallying support for a holy lynch and gave some justification - I guess you could call it a case: viewtopic.php?p=2585491#p2585491

And since then there have been other places where I've been trying to get support for lynching holy. I've already quoted them in another post. Not going to go dig them up again.

-----------------------------------------------

Alright, all claims are in. Time to hear some more about ythan's role.

I still think KMD is town, but I'd have preferred he not receive jahudo's votes. Reason is that it consolidates votes and makes it possible for scum to get a larger chunk of votes with 1 shot if KMD sends his votes to scum.

My top choices for lynch today are holy, ythan, and batt.

I'm worried about Locke, esurio, and kunk, but I don't currently have good reasons to think any of them are scum.. Not sure where nacho fits in today, but he's not one of my top 3 choices.

-----------------------------------------------

No one really commented on this when I posted it before. I'd like to resubmit it now for consideration:
Rhinox wrote:I'm getting really close to voting ythan.

firstly, I think he needs a prod. Hasn't posted here in 8 days.

We've got scum-chrono sending him 2 votes. Wifom, but important.

Look at ythan's iso day 6. He gives an intent to vote plum without giving any reasons. Then he bickers with charlie for most of the day with useless side conversations because he obviously has no intentions of voting him, and isn't trying to convince anyone of charlie's scummyness. He contributed nothing to scum hunting in day 6.

Oh, there's the OMGUS ad hom attack against esurio.

A tinfoil hat theory: His attempted vote (x1) on plum to keep track of him. I didn't bring this up before because its sort of stretchy, but when he did that if all his votes would have counted it would have been a hammer. The mod has already clarified that votes could not be split before ythan tried to vote. I feel like this could have been a shenanigans ploy to quickhammer plum while appearing to not know he was hammering.

more wifom: hypo-town ythan should be a high priority scum target.

hypo-town ythan should be a more active scumhunter because it is becoming unlikely that the town will be able to secure a lynch without town-ythan's support.

Another tinfoil hat theory: killing millar - scum ythan would have no reason to believe that town richard was lying about his role or that town millar was lying about his role. ythan would also know from the discussion at the time that richard was under a ton of pressure to kill millar with his weak doctor ability, even though ythan claims it should have been obvious that he (ythan) always intended to kill millar. So by targetting millar, it in theory should have kept millar alive for the possibility of a BP lynch, and also kept the option of a richard mislynch because it would have been more evidence that he was lying about his role. All things that scum ythan would love to happen.

Alright, I'm really seeing ythan-charlie scum team connection everywhere I look in ythan's iso. They've bickered back and forth half-heartedly all game. Likely distancing - none of it comes off as genuine, like neither are actually trying to convince anyone that the other is scum, but they want everyone to see that they think the other is scummy. Ythan's never voted him. Will check charlie's iso later.

Is this set of exchanges why ythan was so hell-bent on lynching plum?
plum wrote:There's another scum faction in this game? Doesn't look too much like it, all things considered. I've learned to heavily distrust slips of even the most damning nature and can easily think of ways the phrasing could have happened by accident. Again, it really doesn't indicate anything unless there are two scum factions, and that is extremely unlikely, so.
ythan wrote:That is an incredibly damning slip though.
plum wrote:I've seen worse (or as bad at least if my memory doesn't fail) flip Town.
ythan wrote:We've all seen obvscum flip town. But you're trying to use that to say that only weak evidence should be used, or something crazy.
I'm more certain about you now.
because that doesn't make any sense because the last thing he said about plum before this was:
ythan wrote:If Plum is scum as raider's replacement then at least she has been attacking players I like even less (in a town versus scum way) since she got here. VI replaced by innocent or heavy busser. I'd prefer a not Plum lynch today. That means Chuck/Fan/Xite at the moment.
Ythan did not comment anything at all for or against chrono when he was getting lynched. I didn't find a single opinion about chrono all game. I find it odd that a townie would allow a player he's given no opinion about to get lynched. He wasn't even arguing for his preferred lynch (plum). He was instead pointless bickering elsewhere while the lynch occurred.

In short, I'm running out of reasons to think ythan is town.
Regarding the part I struck, obviously ythan and charlie are not scum partners, but that doesn't weaken the rest of the case IMO. And I still find it odd that ythan bickered with charlie all game and didn't try to lynch him until yesterday. Its not like he suddenly became scummier or something. In fact, he had been playing better than earlier in the game.

I also notice that ythan did not even consider charlie's claim before voting.

While looking back, I noticed this:
esuriospiritus wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm more receptive to having my mind changed now that's Charlie's claimed; I doubt that there's another protective role after a CPR Doc claim only counterclaimed by scum, a one-shot doctor protect, and a bodyguard flip.
This pretty much nails why I am not unvoting Charlie.
I'm curious to hear what both of you think of ythan's claim basically being ANOTHER protective role after adding the commuter role to this list.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:43 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I have something to say, and I have it saved in a draft already, but at the last moment it occurred to me that it would probably be best to hear more from Ythan about his role before I say anything that would give him any ideas if fakeclaiming.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Ythan »

Rhinox wrote:
Ythan wrote:
Rhinox wrote:anyone against the last 4 claiming ASAP and forgetting about the popcorning? I don't really have a preference between the last 4 anyways. By the time we finish claiming, we'll be hitting deadline. Enough stalling.
Deadline is in TEN DAYS. There's a reason for popcorn. Did you not realize we have a week and a half or did you just intentionally lie?
It was hyperbole.

That said, claiming should be a 1 or 2 day thing, and the majority of the day should still be available for discussion. We've been mass claiming or talking about massclaiming without talking about who is scum or who we want to lynch for nearly 6 days now.
It was hyperbole that you used to support your idea that we should stop popcorning for no reason.
Battousai wrote:Nacho- see 2098 (pg 108).

So, everyone claimed VT except Ythan who claimed 2-shot lightning rod. So, if you are really a lightning rod, how come ani got a role from twomz on N2 (when your ability was still active), over you?

Vote: Ythan
Because you can't read how a simply defined role works.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Ythan »

Batt put a vote on me based on the fact that I didn't get an ability from the inventor one night. Does everyone know why this is stupid/a weak attempt to vote me?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Ythan »

I want to hear an explanation from Batt before I say how many shots I have used/what nights I used them. If anyone has any questions about how the ability works then go. In the mean time, Batt or Holy today?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

lightning rod is like bulletproof... you don't choose to use it, it's an automatic ability.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

2-shot means you choose which nights to activate I'm assuming. Otherwise you would die the first night scum kills if its for all abilities. I think we need a fullclaim from Ythan now.
Welcome to the Network.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Rhinox »

ythan wrote:It was hyperbole that you used to support your idea that we should stop popcorning
for no reason.
because it was taking too long and I didn't have any preference on claim order on the players remaining.

whats the importance of popcorning anyways?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Ythan »

Battousai wrote:lightning rod is like bulletproof... you don't choose to use it, it's an automatic ability.
Except it isn't. And not only is it not, but the fact that it's two shot should make it even more obvious to you if you were even trying to think about it and not just get me lynched.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Ythan »

Based on the assumption that it attracted a single player's action (which in turn was based on the mod's use of the phrase "another player" to refer to
all players
) I have not used either of my shots. By the way we're not lynching me while I still have ammo for an ability that attracts scum kills.
holycon
holycon
Goon
holycon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by holycon »

so i'm a littel confused of ythans role so is he able to chose or does it do it automaticly
Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

I'm a girl so please don't call me a him he or dude =)
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Damn, just about everything got covered in my drafted post I was talking about earlier. But meh, here it is anyway if you're interested.

So, if you are really a lightning rod, how come ani got a role from twomz on N2 (when your ability was still active), over you?
This is a terrible case as I'm under the impression a limited-shot lightning rod probably chooses when to activate his ability, otherwise it would basically be a death sentence from day 1.

I've bought into Ythan!scum for a while, but the role gives me pause. I suppose if we'd known earlier we could have tried to confirm his ability by lynching someone else and forcing him to activate his ability at night, thus killing him (unless mafia no-killed), and lynching him if he survived the night, but at this stage of the game that would probably net us a loss.

On the other hand, Ythan!scum could have stumbled upon an awesome safeclaim. All of the roles that have flipped so far are pretty common on MS, but I don't think I've ever seen a lightning rod, limited or otherwise. (That's mod-outguessing, though.)

Thoughts?

PEDIT: A lightning rod ability would just get him killed, so it's less of a protective role and more of a redirection. Mafia would still get to probably kill someone and end up one step closer to winning.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Battousai »

kunkstar7 wrote:2-shot means you choose which nights to activate I'm assuming. Otherwise you would die the first night scum kills if its for all abilities. I think we need a fullclaim from Ythan now.
2 shot bulletproof doesn't mean you have to choose to activate it, so that is not valid.

I thought lightning rod was for all abilities, not night kills. I"ll go check around a bit more.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

esurio wrote:PEDIT: A lightning rod ability would just get him killed, so it's less of a protective role and more of a redirection. Mafia would still get to probably kill someone and end up one step closer to winning.
so.... how is a body guard a protective role and this isn't?

I think thats a slip.
ythan wrote:By the way we're not lynching me while I still have ammo for an ability that attracts scum kills.
I don't see that as a valid argument for keeping you alive.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yeah, Ythan is basically a bodyguard that doesn't even have to choose who to protect. We have no living power roles. Problem is, he has a shit ton of votes. Unless there is someone who we are confident is town (not me or all scum need to do to win is get my votes), him dying as town wouldn't exactly be a good thing.

--------------

Batt, if you are being intentionally dense, stop now. It's not helping.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
holycon
holycon
Goon
holycon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:44 am

Post by holycon »

okay I thought his roll was that if he was going to get killed it would get killed he would be mis directed at someone else now does that mean each night he gets to choose who its re directed at?
Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Pretty sure it just means that if he decides to use it and the scum decide to kill, he dies. I can't say for sure because he refuses to fullclaim.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Ythan »

I have fullclaimed, Kmd. I'm a two-shot lightning rod and I haven't used either shot. The fact that holy is dense is not my fault not explaining what obvious common terms mean.

Since there's nothing left to cover let's at least get to declaring who we intend to vote. For me that is Batt or Holy. Later on in the day before the lynch is finalized we can discuss whether or not I need to rod tonight.
holycon
holycon
Goon
holycon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by holycon »

There is no need to be mean my question was a valid one

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ythan, why didn't you lightning rod the day after Fishy bodyguard died?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Ythan »

Tell me how you would have used it, based on the interpretation that it draws a single target's actions to yourself.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I would have targeted people who I suspected of being scum when there was someone I found worth protecting.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Ythan »

Target scum, something bad happens to you, or, target town, town-directed action is diverted. Couldn't think of a good way to use it. Plus only two shots, I was definitely saving it on the off chance a good use came up. No. We're done.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Battousai »

Ythan is claiming he misunderstood the role, and that is his defense as to why he didn't try and protect jahudo for another night. Which is funny (not really ha ha funny), considering how he told Kmd to go check the wiki on the role.

What I don't understand is, why didn't you check the wiki to make sure you had your role correctly or at least PM'd the mod for a clarification (it's not all too common of a role, and if I had it, I would want to know if it a) was automatic, b) includes mafia night kill, c) invokes all night actions or just a player I select.

I also don't understand how you misunderstood the role pm. It seems pretty straightforward "... all night actions of another player will be redirected to you" or "... all night actions will be directed to you"- I don't see how the mod could have worded it so that it would include "another player" but mean "all other players"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ythan wrote:Target scum, something bad happens to you
Something bad? Like being killed? Basically you'd be a bodyguard who was looking to target the killer instead of the killee.
Ythan wrote:target town, town-directed action is diverted
We had three nonvanillas flipped by D3. If you did target town, there wasn't a big chance of you hitting something other than the VT.
Ythan wrote:Plus only two shots, I was definitely saving it on the off chance a good use came up.
Like trying to hit scum after Fishy died and we had a confirmed town?

On top of all of this, why didn't the two-shot claim give you pause at all? Two-shot abilities are rare, and they don't really add to the believability of a fake-claim at all. Didn't you think it was more than pure coincidence? Also, didn't it seem interesting to you that he had exactly two commutes to your two lightning rods, which meant two nights of NK immunity for you?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”