Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-2] parknourie - (Neruz, chkflip)

[L-3] ooBAZZoo - (Thor665)
[L-3] chkflip - (parknourie)
[L-3] Thor665 - (ooBAZZoo)

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Maniamax)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Searching for Mania replacement.

I'm back! Thanks Nikanor. =)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Nikanor »

ciao.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Packbat replaces Maniamax.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Packbat »

Greetings, all! I've taken the liberty of beginning my catchup read early, but I'm still back around Page 7 - I'll be posting in earnest when I've caught up, but if anyone has any questions, fire away.

(For those of you who like meta, I have a link to my previous game on my Wiki page - it's not complete, but I've been NKed out already.)
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:39 am

Post by chkflip »

- The BAZZ case seems a bit of a stretch at best, Thor. I'm assuming you made your case on p18, as that's where your seemingly random vote starts and your mentions of it are after. BAZZ did call your case poor, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't expect more from you now as (like you said yourself) a D2 case will always be more solid than a D1 case. Everything after that is simply speculation and back-and-forth questions. Nothing scummy about that, imo.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:31 am

Post by andrew94 »

how about my day 1 bazz case?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Neruz »

What you mean the case where you said that Bazz was Gude's scumbuddy? That seems like a reasonable and well-thought out case against Bazz.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by andrew94 »

no, where bazz started a 3rd wagon on day 1.

i hope your being sarcastic
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Neruz »

Yes. Yes i was.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

- LOL'd. Neruz beat me to it. Chummy schmuck!
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by andrew94 »

chkflip

your a retard (just like gud)
make a better explanation other than 'i did it, its not scummy, so what?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by chkflip »

What are you even talking about?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by andrew94 »

sigh

READ MY ISO
LOOK AT MY POINTS
ANSWER THEM
DONT SAY 'YEA ITS NOT SCUMMY'

of course, if your scum, you wouldnt do that , just to annoy the heck out of me
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@chkflip and Neruz - you guys say BAZZ is town and park is scummy.
I say park is town and BAZZ is scummy.

Clearly at least one of us in this equation is wrong ;)
You guys also seem to have issues with andrew that i think are off.
What are your guys opinions of Maniamax? I'm currently town on everyone but him and BAZZ, how would you two feel about a Maniamax/Packbat lynch? (this should also help light a fire under him to finish catching up ;) )
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by chkflip »

- I don't have any issues with andrew, I just think he acts much younger than his age states. I know it can sometimes take boys longer than girls, but for goodness sake...

- I can't really say that I have an opinion of maniamax... he's just kind of
existed
all game.

- andrew, I feel like
not
doing it just to watch you caps lock some more. And the soft "tell" at the end? Not clever.
-- My next post will have your answers.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Neruz »

Well Thor, considering you're probably my no.1 choice for Park's scumbuddy, you can guess who i think is the wrong one in the equation :)

The only issue i have with andrew is his complete inability to type a coherant sentance. Considering he is engaging in social communication via a textual medium, this is somewhat of an important issue.

I've got nothing on Maniamax, i actually had to check the player list to confirm he was even in this game. If something occurs in the future to change my opinion on Park, either him flipping town or something to change my mind, i might turn my attention to Mania, but at the moment he doesn't enter into my equation so unless he does something ovbious i'm comfortable with putting a town label on him for the moment.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

andrew94 wrote:to all of us? does that include park? if gud was at L1 would you hammer? i think the answer is yes, becos i was gonna jump on you/ bazz.
dont use the 'he is more scummy' excuse.i thought gud was more scummy than you day 1 and what happened?
- This is the only part I can imagine I missed. And if it is, seriously? Your life is a joke.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Neruz wrote:at the moment he doesn't enter into my equation so unless he does something ovbious i'm comfortable with putting a town label on him for the moment.
:o
Dude, if you are town - that is *terrible* please fix the problem immediately.

I think the park wagon is trying to move forward on a case of 'poor play' not a case of scummy play.

Tell you what, if you can name a partner for park that isn't me (because I'm not likely to support that case) I'm willing to take another look at him.
If I do - I demand that in payment you look at Mania and don't just blindly write him off (as TOWN!) because you don't have an opinion of him. Deal?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by andrew94 »

^ he said i might be park's partner i think.

@chkflip, day1 day1 day1 day1 day1.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Neruz »

Thor665 wrote:
Neruz wrote:at the moment he doesn't enter into my equation so unless he does something ovbious i'm comfortable with putting a town label on him for the moment.
:o
Dude, if you are town - that is *terrible* please fix the problem immediately.

I think the park wagon is trying to move forward on a case of 'poor play' not a case of scummy play.

Tell you what, if you can name a partner for park that isn't me (because I'm not likely to support that case) I'm willing to take another look at him.
If I do - I demand that in payment you look at Mania and don't just blindly write him off (as TOWN!) because you don't have an opinion of him. Deal?
I'm not blindly writing him off as town, i'm just putting a town sticky on him unless i see a good reason to change it. I saw nothing from Mania when i did my first read-through that suggested he was scum, and i havn't seen anything since to suggest it either. If you want to point to some posts and put up a case on him i'll gladly read through it and see if i revise my opinion, but unless i get some evidence that my current view of the game is incorrect i'm fine with leaving a town sticky on Mania for now.

My other serious candidate for park's scumbuddy is andrew; logically my mind says that he's just, well,
andrew
, but my gut keeps saying scum.

I also remain open to the possibility that chkflip might be the scum partner, although i doubt it, he
is
aligning eerily precisely with my views on the game and while i currently believe that he is a townie who happens to see things in a similar light, the possibility that he is park's scumbuddy and is trying to drum up support with me and distance himself from park
does
exist.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by Neruz »

andrew94 wrote:@chkflip, day1 day1 day1 day1 day1.
For the love of god stop being rediculously obtuse and just link the damn post, or quote it, or do something fucking
useful
for once in your pathetic existance you call a life.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Neruz wrote:I'm not blindly writing him off as town, i'm just putting a town sticky on him unless i see a good reason to change it.
Are we perhaps being mixed up on semantics? If you called it a 'null' sticky I wouldn't be worried. A town sticky to my mind suggests you have seen actions from him that make you go 'town!' not that you have seen a lack of scum actions. Yes/no? In either case - you don't want a null read going into Day 3 with you or you don't want to have a town read on somebody unless you can point at reasons they are town.
Neruz wrote:My other serious candidate for park's scumbuddy is andrew; logically my mind says that he's just, well,
andrew
, but my gut keeps saying scum.
You are familiar with andrew's playstyle? If your gut keeps saying "andrew" then why do you have a potential scum read on him? If you can't answer this then he really isn't a valid fallback.
Neruz wrote:the possibility that [chkflip] is park's scumbuddy and is trying to drum up support with me and distance himself from park
does
exist.
I suppose - but let's be honest that his initial action of Day 1 was leaping on Park too. If he's scum he's not scum with park.

I also don't have a particular case on Mania to show you - my case is one of PoE (process of elimination) I remove possible suspects from various pools and look at what I have left. Not every play makes scumslips, but if enough players make actions that show they are town then the remainder has to be scum. I still would rather prefer a BAZZ lynch today, but with two of you so strongly opposed it's not likely to happen. Meanwhile I am pretty strong against the park lycnh, so what I'm doing is trying to find a player I think is scummy enough to lynch and who can also have multiple players agree upon.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Thor665 wrote:
Something for people to consider moving forwardGuderian - (andrew94, chkflip, Thor665, Huntman800, parknourie)
[L-3] chkflip - (Maniamax, Guderian)
[L-4] parknourie - (Charlie)
[L-4] ooBAZZoo - (Thor665) <---should be reversed
Hmmm, also, going back and looking at this - if I'm serious about my chkflip=town feeling then I really need to reassess andrew and park. There's no way there was zero scum on that Gud lynch methinks. Andrew as the primary pusher of the wagon tends to get a few more town points - which means I really should re-read park and consider my town read there.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Neruz »

Thor665 wrote:Are we perhaps being mixed up on semantics? If you called it a 'null' sticky I wouldn't be worried. A town sticky to my mind suggests you have seen actions from him that make you go 'town!' not that you have seen a lack of scum actions. Yes/no? In either case - you don't want a null read going into Day 3 with you or you don't want to have a town read on somebody unless you can point at reasons they are town.
Oh, i see what's happened: I tend to put town stickys on null tells because if i don't think someone is scum then logically that means i think they are town, assuming no third parties of course. No, i don't have a town read on Mania, i don't really have any read on Mania or, rather; Mania has done nothing to draw my attention.

Given that Mania has been replaced by Packbat, i remain open to revising my opinion based on what Packbat does next.
Thor665 wrote:You are familiar with andrew's playstyle? If your gut keeps saying "andrew" then why do you have a potential scum read on him? If you can't answer this then he really isn't a valid fallback.
I'm familiar with idiots. andrew's play
seems
to be more idiot driven than scum driven. I'm not sure what you mean by the potential scum read comment though, i'm torn on andrew, which is fairly normal for people who play like he does.
Thor665 wrote:I suppose - but let's be honest that his initial action of Day 1 was leaping on Park too. If he's scum he's not scum with park.
Nah, it's still possible. Unlikely, but possible, i've seen crazier gambits.
Thor665 wrote:I also don't have a particular case on Mania to show you - my case is one of PoE (process of elimination) I remove possible suspects from various pools and look at what I have left. Not every play makes scumslips, but if enough players make actions that show they are town then the remainder has to be scum. I still would rather prefer a BAZZ lynch today, but with two of you so strongly opposed it's not likely to happen. Meanwhile I am pretty strong against the park lycnh, so what I'm doing is trying to find a player I think is scummy enough to lynch and who can also have multiple players agree upon.
This seems like a really bad way to conduct a scumhunt, especially considering there isn't exactly a dearth of tells from most players in the game. I can't precisely put my finger on why this seems like a bad way to scumhunt, so i could be wrong, but something about it just doesn't seem right.
Thor665 wrote:Hmmm, also, going back and looking at this - if I'm serious about my chkflip=town feeling then I really need to reassess andrew and park. There's no way there was zero scum on that Gud lynch methinks. Andrew as the primary pusher of the wagon tends to get a few more town points - which means I really should re-read park and consider my town read there.
I'd say there's a
reasonable
chance that both scum were on the Gude lynch.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Neruz wrote:This seems like a really bad way to conduct a scumhunt, especially considering there isn't exactly a dearth of tells from most players in the game. I can't precisely put my finger on why this seems like a bad way to scumhunt, so i could be wrong, but something about it just doesn't seem right.
I really disagree with you about PoE being a bad scumhunting method. Looking for town tells is just the mirror inverse of looking for scumtells. If you figure out your issue feel free to voice it and we can discuss.
Neruz wrote:I'd say there's a
reasonable
chance that both scum were on the Gude lynch.
Statistically it's more likely that there's only one. Let's focus on finding one before we begin to debate if there's two.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”