Mini 1082 (Guns and Ropes: Midland): An Unfaithful Ending.

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:28 am

Post by LimMePls »

charter wrote:Mizzy is obviously scum, but it's because of her total ignoring of PZ and Jimfinn, not for being Moose's buddy.
This.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:34 am

Post by LimMePls »

Also, all this lurking has had a seriously negative impact on a seriously awesome wagon. I love how PZ has completely vanished once the heat on him has started losing steam.

I'm pretty sure we can win this game by lynching in the following order:

PZ
Jimfinn
Mizzy
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Enigma »

What I find interesting is that RBT didn't jump at the obvious opportunity to attack Mizzy for you very much fail catch-up post.
Based on that, I really don't think that Mizzy could be bussing RBT, so I don't feel that they are BOTH scum..

Yesterday I said today is PZ's day.
Today I'm saying tomorrow is Mizzy's day.

Macavity still doesn't impress me and I really need to get around to making up a case about him.
Why is he unvoting? Especially with his weak ass jump onto the PZ wagon.
What are these 2 competing theories? Care to share?
No comment on Mizzy? I'm sure her obvious fail post had so much scummy goodness you could have pounced on.
Are you going to name your scum reads for today, instead of asking others to name theirs? Cheers!

I'm actually tempted to unvote and try and get a wagon on Macavity. Not a fan of how he is playing.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:33 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Enigma wrote:Macavity still doesn't impress me and I really need to get around to making up a case about him.
Why is he unvoting? Especially with his weak ass jump onto the PZ wagon.
What are these 2 competing theories? Care to share?
No comment on Mizzy? I'm sure her obvious fail post had so much scummy goodness you could have pounced on.
Are you going to name your scum reads for today, instead of asking others to name theirs? Cheers!
You don't think my questions to charter have something to do with that? You don't think I would specifically not talk about what those theories are if I didn't have a reason not to? I think there might be something going on here that people aren't picking up on, and I'm interested to see if anybody else will get it without me announcing it.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Mizzy »

gonnano (7): moose200x, LynchMePls, charter, Riceballtail, StrangerCoug, Rabies, jimfinn
No offense, but I think LMP and charter can't be trusted because their scumdar is clearly broken.

I agree with a jim lynch but would prefer to see Rice strung up.

<joke>Also, my name is Tammy so I am clearly Coug's wife and therefor innocent. <3 </joke>
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mizzy wrote:
gonnano (7): moose200x, LynchMePls, charter, Riceballtail, StrangerCoug, Rabies, jimfinn
No offense, but I think LMP and charter can't be trusted because their scumdar is clearly broken.

I agree with a jim lynch but would prefer to see Rice strung up.

<joke>Also, my name is Tammy so I am clearly Coug's wife and therefor innocent. <3 </joke>
So if I did end up having a misread, that means I can't be trusted? Explain this please.

V/LA on weekends
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Mizzy »

I personally really hate it when people push that hard, turn up wrong, and then go into the next day pushing someone else just as hard. It's mostly aimed at charter in this case.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 am

Post by LimMePls »

That's funny, I think it is excellent town play.

V/LA on weekends
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Mizzy »

Just a personal preference, I suppose.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Mizzy wrote:
And yours isn't? You have not only yet to vote anyone today besides myself (probably means at least one of your buddies are up for lynch), but the only two people you voted yesterday were Moose (of whom I'm voting for, and you call me scum for doing so... since you thought he was the best one yesterday over gonnano), and jimfinn (who should also probably find his way to the noose after you, since your vote looks like an early bus with no commitment).
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, that's got to be the worst defense I've ever seen. "Charter was wrong on day one, therefore he's wrong now". I doubt you would have said anything if I wasn't mentioning your name, either. It gets even worse when I'm voting Jimfinn and Mizzy agrees with his lynch, but she tries to discredit me on the basis that my scumdar is "clearly broken".

Moose looks worse with his 430 when taken into account the blastoff into outerscumspace Mizzy just did.

@Mac, the reason why I thought PZ was a better scumrole is how Jimfinn voted him for no reason, but made it very clear he wants PZ to claim, like he knows PZ can claim something juicy and avoid a lynch. It looks like a terrible distancing attempt. I'm more sure Jimfinn is scum because I have a stronger scum read on him (he's done nothing all game and I just modded a game he was in where there was definitely scumhunting from him). As it stands right now, I'm kind of waivering on PZ. I'm afraid that Jimfinn is hoping to get a mislynch in on PZ while sacrificing himself. I'm most sure of Jimfinn with Mizzy being a very close second and PZ being the third.

What do you want me to elaborate on in my ISO 67, it reads clear to me.

At this point, I want to lynch all three of PZ, Jimfinn, and Mizzy, but I am worried that only two of them might be scum, so I want to lynch those two first. That's why I'm voting Jimfinn (and would happily vote Mizzy since there isn't a whole lot going on with a Jimfinn lynch right now) and I don't think I'm going to be voting PZ.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am

Post by charter »

Mac, if you're asking why I think those three are scum, there's a lot of reasons. Some quick ones are: Jimfinn active lurking his pants off, avoiding commenting on just about everything of importance. PZ, reasons mentioned by Enigma, questionable reads as well. Mizzy, avoiding comment on Jimfinn and PZ, NK gut (she wanted SC killed since he voiced suspicion of her yesterday), virtually no voting and scumhunting other than her obsession with Moose.

Together, they all have general distancing from each other (some claims of being suspicious of the others, but other than Jimfinn's out of the blue vote on PZ, none of them have followed it up with any questioning, votes, etc.).
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oh hai.

Getting bored of my Rabies costume.

Anyway, reading up on the game. Post later tonight.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by charter »

Uhh, wtf
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Some announcements:

1. ReaperCharlie changed his mind on replacing. He will not be replacing Rabies. DemonHybrid was the only other replacement offer I got, so he will be replacing Rabies instead. Welcome him to the game.

2. As promised, vote count for yesterday has been added. Click here to see it.

The full force of violence in mankind was flourishing like bacteria in a grimy hand. The people had a deep sentiment of revenge and vexed among it's citizens. Minutes of scathing criticisms, death threats, and a minor part where Rabies showed signs of heart problems made you feel that it was like an eternity in God's punishment afterlife.

Like charter, you desired a successor to Rabies, mainly to save his life (That is, if he still had it). Then you looked to your right to see an adult.

He was walking briskly and while dress acceptable, it showed no signs of formality. He had a slightly rough area on his face, indicating that he has been thought a bit more of the hard life then others for his young age of thirty-two. He had a dark green shirt clothed on him with the imagery being an eagle soaring over the sky and an American flag. Contrary to the deterioration of the temperature, he was wearing a tan shorts, indicating that he was exercising. What was also strange of him was that he did not bear a jacket on him, but it's said that he claims that jackets are for people not used to the harsh Pennsylvania weather that he lived in as a child.

As soon as you were within hand-shaking distance, you asked him...

"Hey, could you help Rabies out? He passed out and he needs a hospital trip."

But he completely ignored you. Instead, he stood over the place where Rabies was minutes before he fell to what the group presumed was his death. You could only hope he didn't have malicious intents.

Vote Count #6, Day 2

Engima (0):
LynchMePls (0):
moose200x (1): Riceballtail
Riceballtail (1): Mizzy
jimfinn (1): charter
DemonHybrid
Rabies
(0):
Mizzy (0):
charter (0):
MacavityLock (0):
ProkhorZaharov (4): Engima, MacavityLock, LynchMePls, jimfinn

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (3): moose200x,
Rabies
DemonHybrid, ProkhorZaharov

It is Day 2! With ten players alive, it takes six votes on a player to lynch!
The deadline is on Thursday December 9th, 2010 at 8:30 PM CST.

Pretty happy with the increased activity. Keep it up.
Last edited by Super Smash Bros. Fan on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Did I mention you're getting a paperback nom after this game is through?

You want this one.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

charter wrote:@Mac, the reason why I thought PZ was a better scumrole is how Jimfinn voted him for no reason, but made it very clear he wants PZ to claim, like he knows PZ can claim something juicy and avoid a lynch. It looks like a terrible distancing attempt. I'm more sure Jimfinn is scum because I have a stronger scum read on him (he's done nothing all game and I just modded a game he was in where there was definitely scumhunting from him).
What do you mean by scumrole? I don't understand what the difference is between "scum" and "scumrole". If you mean scum power, I don't really get your point. In the scenario where Prokhor is scum, whether or not he has a power doesn't drastically open up fake claims he could make.

As for iso 67,
charter wrote:You can slice it many different ways, but none of them result in Mizzy being town.
I'm having a hard time understanding why Mizzy is guaranteed scum for not commenting on people who haven't yet flipped.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by charter »

MacavityLock wrote:What do you mean by scumrole? I don't understand what the difference is between "scum" and "scumrole". If you mean scum power, I don't really get your point. In the scenario where Prokhor is scum, whether or not he has a power doesn't drastically open up fake claims he could make.
Like if he is a mafia tracker, or watcher, or some other useful mafia role, claiming to see someone make an action they actually made is a hell of a lot more convincing than a generic unproven claim. There's a difference between a goon and a power role, and it does open up fakeclaims. Preserving the power roles on scumteams is hugely beneficial to them. I don't see how you don't understand this.
As for iso 67,
charter wrote:You can slice it many different ways, but none of them result in Mizzy being town.
I'm having a hard time understanding why Mizzy is guaranteed scum for not commenting on people who haven't yet flipped.
I'm saying that every way I look at that situation, it makes a whole lot more sense with Mizzy scum than Mizzy town. If you're seeing situations where Mizzy is town other than "Mizzy is town and totally wrong with everything she's said", then let me know, because I don't see it.
ProkhorZakharov
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by ProkhorZakharov »

Question for everybody: Should I claim or not at this point? I'm leaning towards no, but I'll listen to a majority voice.
LynchMePls wrote:Also, all this lurking has had a seriously negative impact on a seriously awesome wagon. I love how PZ has completely vanished once the heat on him has started losing steam.
I can't always check the game every night, I do have other things to do. About the PL-or-no-PL: In my mind there's a significant enough difference between what I said and how it was portrayed that I wanted to go to lengths to clarify my position. I often play devil's advocate in all parts of my life, and I'm never (or almost never) one to back down from an interesting discussion.
charter wrote:But, it's pretty big points against you that Jimfinn set himself up to unvote once you claim and wants to make sure you claim.
I'm not sure I'm following you here. Is this under the assumption that jimfinn and I are both scum? Your ISO #67, same question, are you assuming scum?
charter wrote:PZ, if you want to keep my vote off of you, instead of telling everyone who is voting you they are wrong, you should tell us who you think is scum and why.
Yes, I suppose you're right about that. Unfortunately I can't oblige at this time. I've been rereading this game and staring at the computer trying to figure things out for more hours than I care to admit now, but no solution is presenting itself and my head is spinning. I'm going to sleep on this, and hopefully I'll have a good idea about the game tomorrow. I have more things to say but they'll have to wait for now.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: jimfinn

To be honest, I think a jimfinn flip will rightly tell if PZ is mafia or not. The other way around just might be too ambiguous when it comes to jimfinn's alignment.

We'll start off slow here, by the way; I skimmed Day 1 and I found gonnano way too scummy for someone to agree with him naturally. What jimfinn did is EXACTLY what I picture scum doing.

You want this one.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by moose200x »

emergency v/la til sat. sorry.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Mizzy »

Me calling charter out is not a defense. It's just a note. I really hate it when players allow people to be wrong multiple times in a row without giving them a long, hard look. Also, Rice, I am not voting you because you are voting moose along, I am voting you because: 1) You are not scumhunting, 2) you are not giving a good case for your vote and 3) you are incredibly defensive when these things are pointed out. My vote is staying on you.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 am

Post by charter »

Ok, or we could do what Mizzy is doing. Never commit so you're never wrong! Or only weakly commit to people that aren't going to be lynched! I'm pretty sure I've played with you before where you were town, and I don't recall something like this ever coming up.

I feel that all three of the reasons you're voting RBT apply to you as well, Mizzy.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

First up,
charter wrote:Ok, or we could do what Mizzy is doing. Never commit so you're never wrong! Or only weakly commit to people that aren't going to be lynched!
charter, you're misrep-ing. That's not what Mizzy is doing.
charter wrote:@Mac, the reason why I thought PZ was a better scumrole is how Jimfinn voted him for no reason, but made it very clear he wants PZ to claim, like he knows PZ can claim something juicy and avoid a lynch. It looks like a terrible distancing attempt.
Yes, I agree with this.
charter wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:What do you mean by scumrole? I don't understand what the difference is between "scum" and "scumrole". If you mean scum power, I don't really get your point. In the scenario where Prokhor is scum, whether or not he has a power doesn't drastically open up fake claims he could make.
Like if he is a mafia tracker, or watcher, or some other useful mafia role, claiming to see someone make an action they actually made is a hell of a lot more convincing than a generic unproven claim. There's a difference between a goon and a power role, and it does open up fakeclaims. Preserving the power roles on scumteams is hugely beneficial to them. I don't see how you don't understand this.
And I understand this. I just had a hard time understanding why you though that something jimfinn did made Prokhor more likely to be a scum power. It seems backwards, and I don't particularly agree with it, but I see your point.

That said, I have reconciled my problem with my competing theories for now, and I'm down for a jimfinn wagon. I had already unvoted, but it seems that the mod missed it, so to be sure,
Unvote. Vote: jimfinn

----

Now, a question or two for our new arrival:
DemonHybrid wrote:We'll start off slow here, by the way; I skimmed Day 1 and I found gonnano way too scummy for someone to agree with him naturally. What jimfinn did is EXACTLY what I picture scum doing.
Where did jimfinn agree with gonnano? Also, I didn't find gonnano scummy. Why not call me out?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by charter »

MacavityLock wrote:First up,
charter wrote:Ok, or we could do what Mizzy is doing. Never commit so you're never wrong! Or only weakly commit to people that aren't going to be lynched!
charter, you're misrep-ing. That's not what Mizzy is doing.
What do you think she is doing? I don't see anyone other than Moose she's really given a scumread on.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”