ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 am

Post by podium123456 »

wow this game really hit the wall... lol.

4 1/2 days to lynchzors. at this rate, looks like its gonna be MIA VB. bah.

ill be glad to get past d1, tho... thats for sure.

*munches hay*
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:55 am

Post by implosion »

At least I'm not alone in lurking :\. RL is really tiring right now. Hopefully it won't be in the near future.

Er... Vibe's last post was nearly a week ago (he hasn't visited since then either). Would anyone really be opposed to me/Kcda/anyone else hammering at this point? The game's ground to a halt mainly over Vibe. I mean it'd suck not to get a claim first, but at this point if we're gonna get anything out of him someone's probably gonna need to replace in... again.

Sigh.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

At this juncture someone just needs to hammer Vibe. He’s either purposely lurking (I do believe he’s been prodded) or has completely flaked from the site. In either the game has ground to a halt. No-one seems inclinded to do further scum-hunting so RedCoyote’s point about moving to a new day may be valid.

My final scum-reads of the day (as preparation for the usual N1 shenanigans) –

Vibe
– I’ve said plenty on this.

KCDA
– I find his play to be fairly reminiscent of newbie scum. He’s backed off when challenged on pretty much any issue so far. His replace in post lists basically the two Main suspects (Vibe and Podium) as his top scum picks. Lots of active lurking fluff.

VV
– He tends to lurk as scum, especially when others are under fire. Yes, I know he has internet problems but those were mentioned only after I brought up his lurking (making it Null at best) His main suspects (made during his active period) were GW and Nacho. GW is for the moment cleared by implosion’s claim and he really never develops his case on Nacho outside of ISO 9 where he declares him a secondary suspect to GW. Note this relationship should either VV or Nacho flip scum.

I’d be surprised if none of these three are scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Drop the hammer like Thor, Implosion, and let us be done with this.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote.
Wait... :/. Didn't you read the whole thing on me getting cut loose?

-Magna
Magna wrote:So is Rena a shared Alt of both of you?
It was the account I used for Earth's Struggle, and an account I accidently signed up for Perpetual MyLo under.
Magna wrote:So your litmus test for scummy lurking is predicated on finding players who choose not to turn on the Anonymous browsing ability here on MS? Doesn't that just find lazy players instead?
No. I chose him because I saw his name at the bottom; I would've awarded him some town points had he came back.
Magna wrote:That said why did you have to go and point out the obvious above to Podium?
Because I soon discovered we were of like alignments.
Magna wrote:Because Nacho is going out of his way to be useless and Anti-Town for whatever reason he has.
Fate is most likely the most efficent scumhunter on this list when he's on his game. Sheeping everything he does and making him a doublevoter made him twice as dangerous to scum, whether they are on his team or not.

Now, as for why Magna is scum since none of you seem to be getting it:
Magna wrote:Thanks for confirming my early suspicion that you were Town with this post. Because we both know the Vote Count was hardly anything confusing and Scum-Nacho doesn’t play stupid.
Magna had no reason at all to post this as town. Exposing town reads that early is a TERRIBLE idea. It would've been far more beneficial for him to hold onto that read until later, so he could 1) Check and see if his read on me was correct, and 2) See who attacked me, and then looked to see if their attacks read as bad logic or going after an easy target.
As scum, it was weak reasoning for confirming me as town so he didn't have to attack me. Attacking me would've gotten him on Fate's bad side, and he definitely would've wanted to avoid that as scum. In other words, he could take the "I am Not a Yes Man" position, but still not go against Fate.

In addition, there's the constant tunneling until post #414, but that's not even the bad part. As soon as implosion becomes the lead wagon, OH LOOK MAGNA GOT A CASE ON HIM. Then, when discussion of a claim being needed starts, OH LOOK MAGNA IS READY TO HAMMER HIM. This is the definition of opportunistic, considering his significant interactions had completely been limited to vibe and podium (read: no interactions with implosion at all), and now he's willing to drop his case on Vibe completely and hammer implosion? No. I don't buy that for a second.

His interactions with podium also went on for far, far too long. He interacted with him almost as long as he interacted with Vibe, and guess what? He STILL hasn't offered a strong read on him yet. Ever heard of pushing a wagon without being on it? Yeah, this is it. Oh, and tunneling on a player to avoid commenting on other happenings in the game? Oh yeah, it's that too.

ISO #14 is a weak, indirect attack. Of course he gives no reason for his read, he only says that I need to be lynched before Fate. Then, he tries to strengthen this in ISO #18 by tying me to VV.

Also, I'm guessing that his "suspicions" post h ld two town and one scum.
Magna wrote:Vibe – I’ve said plenty on this.
^Town. Him trying to use his replacing out against him is all I needed to see that.
Magna wrote:KCDA – I find his play to be fairly reminiscent of newbie scum. He’s backed off when challenged on pretty much any issue so far. His replace in post lists basically the two Main suspects (Vibe and Podium) as his top scum picks. Lots of active lurking fluff.
^Town. He's backing off when challenged on any issue + main two suspects as top scum picks equals... NEWBIE PLAYING WITH EXPERIENCED PEOPLE. I mean, seriously Magna. Could you imagine playing in this game as your first game?
VV – He tends to lurk as scum, especially when others are under fire. Yes, I know he has internet problems but those were mentioned only after I brought up his lurking (making it Null at best) His main suspects (made during his active period) were GW and Nacho. GW is for the moment cleared by implosion’s claim and he really never develops his case on Nacho outside of ISO 9 where he declares him a secondary suspect to GW. Note this relationship should either VV or Nacho flip scum.
^Scum. Look, his case is extraordinarily weak (lurking? really?), and look at how he sets himself up for when VV flips scum: He implicated an unconfirmed townie (me), plus he tries to cast doubt on GW's mason claim ("is for the moment cleared"). It's a two-for-one deal, and all he has to do is bus his buddy and get a little town cred to collect on it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

I really had NOT anything worthwhile to say... hoo boy

if yall want me to I could hammer and bring a end to this madness... I'm getting what I deserve for replacing in 26 pages in... a crow feast...
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by podium123456 »

^^ You're alright albert... just hold tight right now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nachomamma8 wrote:
*evidence of a working brain*

Holy hell... suddenly a wild LOGIC appears. Maybe you are more than just a hot piece of ass after all.

HOWEVER... how long have you had this theory, and why didnt you speak up earlier? this is kind of anti-town depending on things. you've had your vote on an L-1 VB for a while now... do you think he is scum?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I previously threw up a flag about MOI, and he has been on the wrong side of my gut for a while now. With his recent tunneling on me, i didn't want to press that issue too much because i didnt think i would get any support behind it,
and
i didnt want to get into another mega post off with MOI after this already lengthy D1.

I would definitely get behind a MOI lynch if the support was here... but we are short on time... dont know if there is time/support. other people would have to chime in.

If anyone wants it, here is my previous FOS case on MOI. His play since then hasn't improved my opinion of him.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

I think a lot have there questions about Magna, problem being 1) do you honestly think that enough people would agree to lynching him, let alone coming into the thread and reading anything else for this D1? 2) that case you link us to is all the way back on page 14.. do you have anything else specific from then til now pointing to him as scum?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Fate »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Magna

Its settled then, the shepards cane is in the other hand now.

I never liked the way he reacted to me asking him to claim vanilla.

Vibes flaking is null, and lynching him without a claim is wasteful and anti town.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Kcdaspot wrote:I think a lot have there questions about Magna, problem being 1) do you honestly think that enough people would agree to lynching him, let alone coming into the thread and reading anything else for this D1? 2) that case you link us to is all the way back on page 14.. do you have anything else specific from then til now pointing to him as scum?

1 - Probably not... which is why i expressed doubt that he would be lynched today.

2 - I sure do: *points at gut*

:P

Preview edit: uh oh... fate took off his skirt and rejoined us.

we gonna steamroll MOI just like that?

HOLLAH!

Unvote
VOTE: Magna
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Fate »

Shut the hell up podium. I just happen to be doing something a lot more important than mafia this week, its not about sulking or anything
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Fate wrote:Shut the hell up podium. I just happen to be doing something a lot more important than mafia this week, its not about sulking or anything
Liar, nothing is more important than mafia.

:twisted:
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Also:
Kcdaspot wrote:2) that case you link us to is all the way back on page 14.. do you have anything else specific from then til now pointing to him as scum?
Well, there's this, of course.

And if you want some more reading, here are a series of the latest rebuttals back and forth between MOI and myself... where you will see him (IMO) pull some scummy tactics like twisting stuff around, tunnel vision on me, and make some generally crappy arguments.

Onesy.

Twosy.

Threesy.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Podium wrote:I previously threw up a flag about MOI, and he has been on the wrong side of my gut for a while now. With his recent tunneling on me, i didn't want to press that issue too much because i didnt think i would get any support behind it, and i didnt want to get into another mega post off with MOI after this already lengthy D1.
Really? You were afraid to speak out because you were fearful of not having support? Not a Pro-Town mindset.
Fate wrote:Its settled then, the shepards cane is in the other hand now.

I never liked the way he reacted to me asking him to claim vanilla.

Vibes flaking is null, and lynching him without a claim is wasteful and anti town.
Funny how you’ve been oh so busy but suddenly perk up with quite horrible reasons.

You are suggesting that my not claiming Vanilla Town (whether it is true or not) under no pressure is Scummy? Laughable.
Nacho wrote:Unvote. Wait... :/. Didn't you read the whole thing on me getting cut loose?
How long exactly were we supposed to wait with baited breath?
Nacho wrote:No. I chose him because I saw his name at the bottom; I would've awarded him some town points had he came back.
So he’s scummy for having been viewing Coney Island (but not necessarily this thread) and not coming back after you posted? You can’t be positive he even saw your post in that window of time since threads don’t register individual view. Rather useless as evidence of scum behaviour based on those facts.
Nacho wrote:Fate is most likely the most efficent scumhunter on this list when he's on his game. Sheeping everything he does and making him a doublevoter made him twice as dangerous to scum, whether they are on his team or not.
Um, what? Sheeping Fate,
even if he is scum
, makes him doublely dangerous to scum? No, it doesn’t and that’s stupid logic to say the least. Even if he is Town blindly following him around only serves to insultate yourself from flack.
Nacho wrote:Magna had no reason at all to post this as town. Exposing town reads that early is a TERRIBLE idea. It would've been far more beneficial for him to hold onto that read until later, so he could 1) Check and see if his read on me was correct, and 2) See who attacked me, and then looked to see if their attacks read as bad logic or going after an easy target.
As scum, it was weak reasoning for confirming me as town so he didn't have to attack me. Attacking me would've gotten him on Fate's bad side, and he definitely would've wanted to avoid that as scum. In other words, he could take the "I am Not a Yes Man" position, but still not go against Fate.
No, giving my read on you based on Meta isn’t a terrible idea. Sorry. Your meta of lurking as scum unless directly pressured is pretty consistent. Disgaea 2 Mafia and the recently ended Secret Invasion Mafia are clear examples. You aren’t lurking here. Thus my read. True, you fanboy following of Fate could be a scum-tactic to sidle up to the player you just said is the most effective scum-hunter.

As for your reasoning why it makes me scum it falls flat on its face assuming I’m worried about getting on Fate’s bad side. I’m not.
Nacho wrote:In addition, there's the constant tunneling until post #414, but that's not even the bad part. As soon as implosion becomes the lead wagon, OH LOOK MAGNA GOT A CASE ON HIM. Then, when discussion of a claim being needed starts, OH LOOK MAGNA IS READY TO HAMMER HIM. This is the definition of opportunistic, considering his significant interactions had completely been limited to vibe and podium (read: no interactions with implosion at all), and now he's willing to drop his case on Vibe completely and hammer implosion? No. I don't buy that for a second.
Are you saying Town shouldn’t be receptive to looking at a player and making a read after pushing for someone else? Thought not. And now I’m scum for assessing Implosion’s play as scummy and facilitiating his claim that you were clamouring for earlier? Yeah, not much consistency there.

I love the caps by the way. Doesn’t make your case stronger but sure makes you look ‘all tough’.
Nacho wrote:His interactions with podium also went on for far, far too long. He interacted with him almost as long as he interacted with Vibe, and guess what? He STILL hasn't offered a strong read on him yet. Ever heard of pushing a wagon without being on it? Yeah, this is it. Oh, and tunneling on a player to avoid commenting on other happenings in the game? Oh yeah, it's that too.
If I were scum I wouldn’t have to interact with Podium to get a read on him, would I? Nope. Inference that I haven’t offered a strong read on Podium being scummy is lacking. I’ll make my personal reads as necessary on my terms.

What other happenings in the game wasn’t I commenting on? It certainly wasn’t commenting on KCDA’s entrance or discussing points with RedCoyote. Was it your fluffy active lurking? Please elaborate what other happenings I was avoiding.
Nacho wrote:ISO #14 is a weak, indirect attack. Of course he gives no reason for his read, he only says that I need to be lynched before Fate. Then, he tries to strengthen this in ISO #18 by tying me to VV.
Ah, the crux of the matter. ISO 14 was made for a reason. Those who are not you probably can see why.

Also, why so worried suddenly about being linked to VV? Other than your weak response to VV’s initial soft attack on you I see nothing in your ISO (during a quick scan) that indicates you think he is scum. Yet suddenly I bring up the possible link and you are spring to life like a rabid squirrel. It’s as if you know VV is scum and don’t want to be tied to him.
Nacho wrote:^Town. Him trying to use his replacing out against him is all I needed to see that.
Then why has your vote been parked on him? Please don’t say it is because sheeping Fate is an effective strategy. If you thought what you said above (and let’s see some support, shall we?) you shouldn’t be voting for a Town player if you aren’t scum.
Nacho wrote:^Town. He's backing off when challenged on any issue + main two suspects as top scum picks equals... NEWBIE PLAYING WITH EXPERIENCED PEOPLE. I mean, seriously Magna. Could you imagine playing in this game as your first game?
You don’t address why those behaviours aren’t indicative as possible new scum. Are you saying Newb scum aren’t more likely to back down when challenged by experienced vets as opposed to flailing like Newb Town tends to when pressured?
Nacho wrote:^Scum. Look, his case is extraordinarily weak (lurking? really?), and look at how he sets himself up for when VV flips scum: He implicated an unconfirmed townie (me), plus he tries to cast doubt on GW's mason claim ("is for the moment cleared"). It's a two-for-one deal, and all he has to do is bus his buddy and get a little town cred to collect on it.
Lurking is solid VV scum meta. I observe and offer my opinion. I implicate you if VV Iis scum, a player of unconfirmed alignment for just the reasons stated – VV’s very weak assertion that you were scum while pressing someone else (GW) that never reappeared (he moved to implosion). Classic soft scum distancing from each other to be aware of.

I love that you try to suggest my caveat on GW’s status he is something scummy or new. Implosion’s claim can possibly (not likely, but possibly) be a fake-claim using a buddy. Being Town who doesn’t know any alignment but my own I have to take that possibility into account. Why don’t you have the possibility in the back of your mind Nacho? Is it because you do know they are Town since you are scum?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

the donkey wrote:It isn't a 'horrible justification'... the question you asked me was COMPLETELY unrelated to what i meant with the quote. The only reason you asked me the question was because of the quote. Therefore if i explain that the quote didnt mean what you thought it did, it's natural to assume that the question would be moot. Dont act like this is a black and white situation where you point blank asked me a question and i didnt answer you... there are variables here.
You asked me about my opinion of Imp/GW mason connection based on what i said in that quote, but that quote obviously wasn't pertaining to that connection. I didn't answer it because it was irrelevant to the quote context -- not because i was deflecting.

Now... i guess you want to ask my opinion of the Imp/GW mason connection. I haven't examined their posts in that regard, but i currently don't really doubt their story. While i dont think what GW did was smart/correct, the pieces fit. If that's what you are asking.

These read WIFOMish to me...
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

also magna:

Why are you relying on metas for reads? theres enough info in thread to say who's who. all we really need to do is read really...
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Kcdaspot wrote:

These read WIFOMish to me...
Ummm no... wifom would be if i (or anyone) said something like: 'if i was scum i wouldnt have written in all caps, because it would have attracted too much attention'.

what i was doing there was correcting MOI's attempt to twist a misunderstanding (at best) into something scummy.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by podium123456 »

EBWOP:

I went to check your ISO to see if your first post gave your experience with mafia... i cant believe you already have 3 pages of ISO... LOL. (that's not bad, just surprising to me)

Out of curiosity, what is your experience with playing mafia?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

ever heard of Epicmafia.com? It's the idiots guide to mafia. Meaning it's 100% full of idiot. switching from that pace to this one is probably the best reason for may 3 pages of posts. EM taught me impatience. I'm relearning patience here... the hard way :lol:
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by podium123456 »

LOL, i played probably 500 games there... its where i learned to play mafia. i used to use the name Donkey123456 (with this avatar) but mostly i was Boxybrown (of ATHF fame). and of course i had a bunch of novelty accounts like tonydanza, FUUUUUUUU guy, and stuff. :mrgreen:

yeah forum mafia is a TOTALLY different animal. three weeks for a day versus 5 minutes brings a completely different dynamic to the game.... lol.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Podium wrote:what i was doing there was correcting MOI's attempt to twist a misunderstanding (at best) into something scummy.
Incorrect. Pointing out the avoided the question with repeated semantics games isn’t twisting. Not that given your history in this game of trying to use charged and tainting language against anyone who questions you I expect any less.
KCDA wrote:Why are you relying on metas for reads? theres enough info in thread to say who's who. all we really need to do is read really...
Because I can. Meta, used properly, is a valuable tool.

If there is enough info in the thread to say ‘who’s who’ why do you keep saying you don’t have anything to say? Shouldn’t you have something at all to say if there is sufficient info?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Magna

Magna wrote:Funny how you’ve been oh so busy but suddenly perk up with quite horrible reasons.
Wait, wait, wait. This is perking up? He's sheeping me. You know, how I've been sheeping him THE ENTIRE GAME?
Magna wrote:How long exactly were we supposed to wait with baited breath?
You couldn't wait one day without calling for a hammer?
I mean, I could see impatience if you posted more than once a day, but...
Magna wrote:So he’s scummy for having been viewing Coney Island (but not necessarily this thread) and not coming back after you posted? You can’t be positive he even saw your post in that window of time since threads don’t register individual view. Rather useless as evidence of scum behaviour based on those facts.
Wow, you're going wild on this.
I chose to pressure him arbitrarily. I didn't think he was scummy.
Magna wrote:Um, what? Sheeping Fate, even if he is scum, makes him doublely dangerous to scum? No, it doesn’t and that’s stupid logic to say the least. Even if he is Town blindly following him around only serves to insultate yourself from flack.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14367
And before you ask a really stupid question, the link is why Fate scum is still dangerous to scum.

And if you're denying that double-voting Fatetown is dangerous, then I'm not going to argue with you.
Magna wrote:No, giving my read on you based on Meta isn’t a terrible idea. Sorry. Your meta of lurking as scum unless directly pressured is pretty consistent. Disgaea 2 Mafia and the recently ended Secret Invasion Mafia are clear examples. You aren’t lurking here. Thus my read. True, you fanboy following of Fate could be a scum-tactic to sidle up to the player you just said is the most effective scum-hunter.
You just missed the point completely.
Good job.
Also, it's also noted that your meta read was first "Nachoscum doesn't play stupid" to "Nachoscum lurks". Yeah, not much consistency there.
Magna wrote:Are you saying Town shouldn’t be receptive to looking at a player and making a read after pushing for someone else? Thought not. And now I’m scum for assessing Implosion’s play as scummy and facilitiating his claim that you were clamouring for earlier? Yeah, not much consistency there.
Right. So hardcore tunneling on someone then dropping their case immediately when a bigger wagon comes around is "being receptive"? I'll remember that the next time I'm scum...
Magna wrote:I love the caps by the way. Doesn’t make your case stronger but sure makes you look ‘all tough’.
No, I post segments of my case in caps so at least you read a little of it.
Magna wrote:If I were scum I wouldn’t have to interact with Podium to get a read on him, would I? Nope. Inference that I haven’t offered a strong read on Podium being scummy is lacking. I’ll make my personal reads as necessary on my terms.
VV being scum for lurking was higher on your list than podium. Guess what? That's not a strong read, Magna.
Magna wrote:What other happenings in the game wasn’t I commenting on? It certainly wasn’t commenting on KCDA’s entrance or discussing points with RedCoyote. Was it your fluffy active lurking? Please elaborate what other happenings I was avoiding.
I don't know, maybe implosion before his wagon became the lead one? And gosh, I can think of that from the top of my head! Imagine what I could find if I looked back through the thread... Do you really want me to do that? I might find more of your scumbuddies on the way.
Magna wrote:Ah, the crux of the matter. ISO 14 was made for a reason. Those who are not you probably can see why.
Magna, I think I love you. You inferred I was OMGUS'ing by referring to a post you made... when? After #400? When I had a discussion about you being scum?
Magna wrote:Also, why so worried suddenly about being linked to VV? Other than your weak response to VV’s initial soft attack on you I see nothing in your ISO (during a quick scan) that indicates you think he is scum. Yet suddenly I bring up the possible link and you are spring to life like a rabid squirrel. It’s as if you know VV is scum and don’t want to be tied to him.
You say this like a fleeting mention of me being tied to your #3 scumread could have worried me that much.
You say this like Fate didn't just announce a V/LA and thus I have no shepherd to follow.
Come on now, Magna. You can do better than this.

Also, your "you haven't mentioned VV as scum" comment is dumb. Think, Magna. What have I been doing this entire time? You said it pretty well yourself.
Magna wrote:fluffy active lurking
Magna wrote:sheeping and leg-humping of Fate combined with his self-admitted lack of actual contribution to the game
What does that imply? Not contributing reads, being useless overall... That means that I'm not sharing my reads, contributing to the game any sort of original thought... I'm following Fate.
Magna wrote:Then why has your vote been parked on him? Please don’t say it is because sheeping Fate is an effective strategy. If you thought what you said above (and let’s see some support, shall we?) you shouldn’t be voting for a Town player if you aren’t scum.
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

BECAUSE SHEEPING FATE IS AN EFFECTIVE STRATEGY.
It's not like I *knew* he was town, you know. That would require me to be scum.
Magna wrote:You don’t address why those behaviours aren’t indicative as possible new scum. Are you saying Newb scum aren’t more likely to back down when challenged by experienced vets as opposed to flailing like Newb Town tends to when pressured?
Okay, fair enough. Newb scum are likely to back down when challenged by experienced vets. But so are Newb Town. Especially if they're replacing into a game with all experienced players. And you know why? Because they're not experienced players. So there reads aren't strong.
Magna wrote:Lurking is solid VV scum meta.
If it was THAT solid, then you'd be voting for him. Or at least pushing his lynch a bit more.
Magna wrote:Being Town who doesn’t know any alignment but my own I have to take that possibility into account. Why don’t you have the possibility in the back of your mind Nacho? Is it because you do know they are Town since you are scum?
Magna? They're masons. Who claimed Master Shake and Frylocke masons. On Day 1. I don't think GW would claim mason to save implosion at all. And on the tiny tiny off chance they did, we'll know when there's 5 people left and both of them are still alive...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
If there is enough info in the thread to say ‘who’s who’ why do you keep saying you don’t have anything to say? Shouldn’t you have something at all to say if there is sufficient info?
You're the vet not me... yeah I'm going to pull the noob card here, what are you gonna do about it?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

KCDA wrote:You're the vet not me... yeah I'm going to pull the noob card here, what are you gonna do about it?
Still trying to work out how being a vet means meta isn’t something that should be used.
Nacho wrote:Wait, wait, wait. This is perking up? He's sheeping me. You know, how I've been sheeping him THE ENTIRE GAME?
It’s perking up because he’s been missing for his LA and suddenly he pops in to sheep your case. Nice of you to make a semantics argument rather than address that his reasoning is poor.
Nacho wrote:You couldn't wait one day without calling for a hammer?
I mean, I could see impatience if you posted more than once a day, but...
First nice sly attempt to assert that by posting on a regular schedule (once a day) and not spamming I must be scum. Classic.

I’ve waited for you to provide content all game long. I figured your statement was just more empty active-lurking on your part.
Nacho wrote:Wow, you're going wild on this.
I chose to pressure him arbitrarily. I didn't think he was scummy.
So you pointed out he was online. If he had come back he got Town points but if he didn’t it wasn’t scummy? So you were just pressuring for Town reads? I'd say I was confused about your motivation in that post but it's now crystal clear ... it was just a way to active lurk.
Nacho wrote:And before you ask a really stupid question, the link is why Fate scum is still dangerous to scum.
So one specific game where Fate bussed his buddies D1 and D2 as a Godfather and went on to victory is evidence that it’s a good Town strategy to sheep him as scum? Town lost that game, regardless of how dangerous he was to his partners.
Nacho wrote:Also, it's also noted that your meta read was first "Nachoscum doesn't play stupid" to "Nachoscum lurks". Yeah, not much consistency there.
Ok. I didn’t use consistent language. Sue me.
Nacho wrote:Right. So hardcore tunneling on someone then dropping their case immediately when a bigger wagon comes around is "being receptive"? I'll remember that the next time I'm scum...
Tunneling indicates I didn’t do anything but attack Vibe and only Vibe. Which is false.
Nacho wrote:No, I post segments of my case in caps so at least you read a little of it.
No no no Nacho. You’ve gotten yourself all turned around. It’s the Caps Lawk Alliance who actually doesn’t read posts. Once you sheep Fate enough I’m sure they will let you in. Or are you a member? I can't say that I care that much to keep track outside of Fate and Elli.
Nacho wrote:VV being scum for lurking was higher on your list than podium. Guess what? That's not a strong read, Magna.
Thanks for missing the point. I haven’t given a read on Podium. Once again … as Town I have to form reads. I’ll let you know when I’ve decided on Podium. That’s part of being the Uninformed Minority.
Nacho wrote:I don't know, maybe implosion before his wagon became the lead one? And gosh, I can think of that from the top of my head! Imagine what I could find if I looked back through the thread... Do you really want me to do that? I might find more of your scumbuddies on the way.
If you really were doing anything with grandstanding you would have done so. But you didn't. Feel free to look back. Pro-Tip … you will not find any buddies since I’m not scum. But thanks for the empty threat.
Nacho wrote:Magna, I think I love you. You inferred I was OMGUS'ing by referring to a post you made... when? After #400? When I had a discussion about you being scum?
Is the discussion that you are alluding to the exchange where you and Fate fluff back and forth about me being scum? Just want to be sure. Because a discussion usually entails actual content. That I thought was just you guys trying to be funny. Were you serious?
Nacho wrote:You say this like a fleeting mention of me being tied to your #3 scumread could have worried me that much.
Um, when again did I call VV my #3 read? That would be never. I listed my scum-reads. You jumped to the conclusion that they were necessarily ordered in outside of Vibe being obv-scum. And it obviously did strike a nerve based on your reaction. You can do better than that Nacho.
Nacho wrote: Also, your "you haven't mentioned VV as scum" comment is dumb. Think, Magna. What have I been doing this entire time? You said it pretty well yourself.

What does that imply? Not contributing reads, being useless overall... That means that I'm not sharing my reads, contributing to the game any sort of original thought... I'm following Fate.
Ok, so you can adopt a strategy of sheeping someone and then point to that and say “I didn’t mention VV because Fate didn’t’? Nice hand-off of responsibility for your play there. It’s not your fault you didn’t mention VV and he did classic scum soft distancing toward you – Fate controls your actions. :roll:
Nacho wrote:It's not like I *knew* he was town, you know. That would require me to be scum.
Just like me knowing Podium’s alignment would require me to be scum.
Nacho wrote:If it was THAT solid, then you'd be voting for him. Or at least pushing his lynch a bit more.
Actually I’ve been busy pushing with my Top scum read Vibe. Don’t worry … other scum’s time will come.
Nacho wrote:Magna? They're masons. Who claimed Master Shake and Frylocke masons. On Day 1. I don't think GW would claim mason to save implosion at all. And on the tiny tiny off chance they did, we'll know when there's 5 people left and both of them are still alive...
All of this is meant to show I’m scum again how? That's a good summary of why I say they are presumed Town.

And did I miss where Ghost actually claimed Frylock as opposed to just confirming implosion’s claim being correct? Why couldn’t Carl be a Mason with him?

Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

right well you're trying to hide your crap through wall-posts. yes I did read them for myself and you do try to move the day along... in only 2 points out of ALL your posts. the rest? defensive BS and filler. I think your trying to bog the day down further with these. Hasn't there been enough confusion? why can't you keep you point simple and plain to see for all? I nor, at this point, anyone else wants to fight through wall-post after freaking wall-post just to get your point. 1,000,000 words can be summed up in 50 if you'd actually try.

VOTE: MAGNA

get that wall post IIoA BS out of here, and make a SIMPLE case. I came here to play game, not read a book.

inb4:

you want examples of your IIoA?
So you pointed out he was online. If he had come back he got Town points but if he didn’t it wasn’t scummy? So you were just pressuring for Town reads? I'd say I was confused about your motivation in that post but it's now crystal clear ... it was just a way to active lurk.
How long exactly were we supposed to wait with baited breath?
Seacore take a quick gander through the ATHF and tell me if you REALLY think that any characters really qualify as ‘Villans’

The Moonities are basically juvenile delinquents. The Plutonians are basically morons. Most of the characters are more harmless than evil.

Hell their Landlord I would classify as more evil than anyone else off the top of my head.
what do the above statements do for your case against, hell, ANYONE? useless banter in a wall post doesn't make friendly with me buddy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”