Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Trilobite »

VP Baltar wrote:Some of us are going to have to start diving into forbidden insanities soon, myself included. Hito is right that the first one you take from that list should be hallucination. I would also recommend that suicidal is the LAST thing you should consider taking.
I think you can gain up to 10 insanities and there are 14 selectable by investigators. It would probably be worthwhile with that in mind to select 4 insanities that should NEVER be selected.

Suicidal should definitely be one of them.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Trilobite »

hitogoroshi wrote:
This is a good night to use
Commune.
However, make sure to pick someone who SHOULD have less insanities then you. Here is the list of the claimed insanities that will be present at the time of N4 communes:
My understanding is that commune checks if someone has more insanities than you, which also makes checking someone who's supposed to have the same insanities as you an appropriate choice as well.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

^agree with both of these. I will weigh the pros and cons of the insanities. My initial reaction is to say voting insanities should be off limits because they are what screwed us in the last game, but the subject requires more careful thought than that.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Triglav »

Vote: Spyrex

Now we just need to see if VV is ready to go or if someone else gets here first ;)
We are an amalgamation of Adel, Albert B. Rampage, Zorblag, and Ythan (twice).
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, if you're venturing off of the approved insanities, I think the next tier of "just ok" would probably contain things like:

(ii) Hallucination - You always hear Noises each Night regardless of actions taken.
(iii) Compulsion - If you are Bloody, you must Launder.

Worse, but maybe ok still if your beyond like six insanities:

(xii) Mutilation - You always appear Bloody for the purposes of the Investigate action.
(ix) Sadism - You may only place your votes on players who are one or two votes away from a lynch.

Note that we should approve people for Sadism before they take it, because too many people getting it ruins the game for us. One or two players getting MAY be ok for endgame purposes, but we can't have too many people with it around lylo.
YOUR AD HERE

Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Trilobite »

I think suicidal is absolutely unacceptable to take as an insanity under any circumstances.

In addition to that, I count 3 voting insanities. I am also of the opinion that none of those should ever be taken as an insanity either.

Out of the rest of them, I think any insanities that result in more insanities being taken should be the LAST insanities taken. (There's cult motivation to take necrophelia early for example, as it explains out of control increases.)

I think Obsession should be the second to last insanity taken if you have occult books, or at the very least not taken until you no longer have occult books. (This is why I want to lynch Andrius.)

Necrophelia should be the last insanity taken.

Denial is an insanity that's bad early while you gain insanities, but a great late insanity after you can't take anymore insanities.

We'd like to not have insanities taken that mess with the night actions, but eventually if it comes down to it, I'd rather sacrifice night information vs hindering the town's ability to scumhunt which I think is ultimately more important than any information we can collect during the night.

If we get into endgame and someone is suicidal or can't vote the way they need to because of insanities, winning is going to be very difficult.

I would probably go as far as to say that we need to violently remove anyone from the game who has or claims to have suicidal as an insanity or is proven to have any voting insanity.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, really, once someone starts hitting beyond the 7 insanities range, it's trouble in terms of taking more. We're going to get limited then and have to make some tough choices. This could be one potential drawback of the stalk/murder plan if things don't go right in the first couple attempts of it because we may wind up with lots of insanities and dead townies if we're wrong.

I am going to have five insanities by the time my murder completes, so I'm personally starting to get worried about this. In subsequent days we may need to start adjusting how we are engaging in the night plans or at least planning more for possible endgame scenarios.

I'm not sure if I'm cool with lynching Benmage (or another player) because he has suicidal. While it would buy us a lynch, we're spending a mislynch to get it...so there is no real gain from it.
YOUR AD HERE

Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Trilobite »

Ideally, those with suicidal will be dealt with by murderers... but if cult finds it valuble to keep them in the game, (And given that it makes a lylo lynch easier there IS value in it.) they may actively work against that kind of plan.

That's one of my primary concerns with the idea of stalking and murdering undesirable players. I tend to see murdering as something that's ineffective as a cult catching tool early on because of their ability to res, (and currently we don't have any cult flips.) and something that could be more effective later, when they have fewer members able to mess with stalks and murders.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, we're obviously rolling the dice with a stalk/murder plan this early, but I guess we'll see how things turn out. If it goes sideways for us it won't be great, but it wont' be a disaster either.

I'm thinking the same thing about murdering the suicidals. It wouldn't exactly be difficult for cult to mess with that plan either. Which is why it should have been an obvious insanity to avoid in the first place, but I digress.
YOUR AD HERE

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:49 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Yeah, I kinda planned on having this insanity talk tomorrow. I want to make it clear once again that, in terms of tonight,
only players taking their fourth or greater insanity are allowed to pick a banned insanity, and they are only allowed to pick Hallucination from that list - all other insanities are banned, as normal.
Don't try to slip into a banned insanity you shouldn't be getting, because we WILL lynch you for it.

Tomorrow we''ll standardize the banned insanities into "Banned until you have X insanities".

Who do we have that's suicidal besides Ben? With dead Wicked and ElG I think it might just be him. Killing Ben isn't worth it, in my view.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Benmage »

We should leave me off the resuscitate list.

I agree that suicidal now seems like the worst insanity to have taken and to take.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Andrius »

I'll catch up here over the next couple days. I'm done with school, so I have time now.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Seacore »

VV has gone V/LA so somebody else should hammer.

I agree with Benmage being off the resus list, tempt the scum with some low hanging fruit.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Feysal »

Looks like we're done with today. Plans are all set, and all that is left is to hammer SpyreX. VasudeVa called dibs, and he said he'd be away for the weekend, meaning not quite yet. I can hammer if he does not show up to do it tomorrow.

I looked through the final guide for errors, but found none, other than Iecerint being in the list of people to resuscitate. List of insanities is correct, grave robs look fine. I don't really get why they were switched around so much, since all four should have equipment, it should not matter who robs which grave.

I have some thoughts of my own about the list of people to stalk. Since the list comprises almost half of the playerlist there are bound to be cult there, but probably not all. I'm not thrilled about being there myself, particularly when the main reason why seems to be that I have not been communed. I still have no insanities, so that could be fixed tonight, if there is anyone else with no insanities and Occult Books.

Tomorrow should prove interesting, when we learn the results of the stalks.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

I'm surprised the list hasn't gotten more fire from those on it. Feysal is just scratching the surface. I know if I was town and on a to be killed list, I'd be going woah woah woah I'm town for A, B, C and D.....and if I played a shitty game and couldn't I'd look for another way.....like stalking and killing...I'm not saying do this.... but its an easy confirmation for a disgruntled "to be killed" player.

So yeah I think there a lot of cult on that list.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

SpyreX - 10
(AurorusVox, Wraith, VP Baltar, Plum, Benmage, hitorogoshi, Nachomamma8, Seacore, Trilobite, Triglav)
Nicodemus - 1
(Baby Spice)
Andrius - 0 (
Trilobite
)

Not Voting (9) - (Andrius, Feysal, Iecerint, kunkstar7, Nicodemus, SpyreX, totallynotmafia,
Triglav
, VasudeVa, xvart)

The deadline for today's lynch is Saturday, 18 December 2010 at 1:30:00 AM (default site time).

With 20 alive, 11 votes secures a Lynch.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Benmage »

Oh and if anyone takes that idea and does it....do not kill anyone from the to be killed list, because a double kill will not confirm you.

Also it'd be unwise to kill our killers so don't kill any of our killers.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Benmage »

Anyone should hammer....
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by xvart »

Why exactly are we waiting for VV? Because he claimed the hammer? Anyone on the not voting list should hammer.

Preview edit: Benmage beat me to it.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by xvart »

Oh wtf. Just looked at the not voting list... Apparently I never voted.

VOTE: SpyreX
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Percy »

SpyreX's death rattle echoes through the city, giving the man his queue.

He returns to the site where he hid the bottle. His gnarled, pale hands scratch at the dirt, revealing the crimson crystal to the sky above.

The sky, the stars, they shine above, heralding the coming of his master. His face twists into a shadow of a smile underneath his deep cowl. The shift is beginning...

He goes to meet his compatriots by the shore. The Ritual tonight will claim more blood, and bring them one step closer to fulfilling their dreams.

He knows these dreams are not his dreams, not anymore, but only sometimes. He prefers to forget, to serve, to bring the world to destruction with his bloody submission. At least he will be consumed first.

Spyrex has been lynched!

His
Insanity Count
was 4.

Final Vote Count

SpyreX - 11
(AurorusVox, Wraith, VP Baltar, Plum, Benmage, hitorogoshi, Nachomamma8, Seacore, Trilobite, Triglav, xvart)
Nicodemus - 1
(Baby Spice)

Not Voting (9) - (Andrius, Feysal, Iecerint, kunkstar7, Nicodemus, SpyreX, totallynotmafia, Triglav, VasudeVa)

It is now
Night 4Night Action
to me.

I am unable to send out Night PMs at the present time (Christmas shopping tonight!). Please refer to your Night 3 Result PM and the rule set for the moment; I will send out your Night 4 PM when I get the chance, probably tomorrow.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Percy »

Sorry for the delay, everyone - you should have your Night PM by now.

I've extended the deadline by 24 hours, so you have until Monday, 20 December 2010 at 11:00:00 PM (default site time) to submit your
Night Action
to me.

The next Day will have a three week deadline, due to the holiday season!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Percy »

When I awake, the air is salty, almost metallic. I rub my eyes, half-remembering a dream of the ocean, and think it is the spray of waves in my nostrils.

And then I realise where I am, and remember the smell of blood.

The twisted, destroyed body of Wraith lies not six feet from me. His limbs are snapped and bent in unnatural ways, his eyes pleading from a ruined face, his hair singed and his entrails spilled upon the dusty ground. I recoil in horror, scrabbling, wretching.

The smell, I cannot escape it. It's everywhere. I run and run and run.

The hooded figures watch as the sacrifices run from their handiwork. They share a private, hooded smile; they run towards the cracks, run towards the realm where the final ritual takes place.

"We are the shephards, herding our flock," says one.

"Fool," says the other. "We are sheep, just like they are, pitiful before our Lord. The only difference is that we know the secrets of the stars."

Wraith
was
Destroyed by an Unspeakable Being
! His
Insanity Count
was

El Goosuki
was an
Investigator
!
Furcolow
was an
Investigator
!
Wickedestjr
was an
Investigator
!
SpyreX
was a
Cultist
!

It is now The Fifth Day.

The deadline for today's lynch is 12:01AM Tuesday, 11 January 2011 (default site time).

(The deadline has been extended to three weeks to account for the holiday period.)

With 18 alive, 10 votes secures a lynch.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

CD5
Username: Kunkstar7

Did you Hear Noise?
No.
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No.
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
No.
List all of the insanities you currently have:
Twitchy, Solist.
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No.
Were you murdered?
No.
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result?
No.
Are you bloody?
No.
Did you Stalk? If so, on who, and was it successful?
No.
Twitch?
Not needed today.
Vote: Kunkstar7
<--- Replace this with your username!
Unvote, Vote: Benmage

Unvote, Vote: Xvart

Unvote
Welcome to the Network.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Plum »

CD5
Plum:

Did you Hear Noise?
Yes.
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No.
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
Yes, two Insanities. I took Twitchy and Soloist.
List all of the insanities you currently have:
Twitchy and Soloist.
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No.
Were you murdered?
No.
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result?
No.
Are you bloody?
No.
Did you Stalk? If so, on who, and was it successful?
No.
Twitch?
*twitch* *twitches*
Vote: Plum
<--- Replace this with your username!

Unvote

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”