DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Lateralus22 wrote:What if I said I was scum though.
I'd probably get nauseous.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

^_^ Hurry Mina!
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Well, regardless, scum played a good game. Kit's slip kinda did you guys in....had he waited, posted a good argument or voted for someone else in opposition to the Steph wagon, this game would have been scum's, but he did well also regardless.

You want this one.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:
Vote: jasonT1981
Yay, high five!

CAUSE I WAS SCUM ALL ALONG!

No, just kidding. Seriously, high five =3
OMG! Scumclaim!!!!

vote: DH

Ahhh frack, too late :P
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Yeah, the quick lynch attempt was really bad. He semi claimed scum in that post. Oddly enough after I come in totally wrong with my reads scum end up getting lynched one after the other. The Akira nk was not the best move though, it would have been possible to push an Akira lynch.

There were some smaller things early but but they kinda blended in, late game was lackluster for scum.

On a side note, my beliefs from early game completely changed towards the end. Though btw The fast lylo days were very fun, I was calling DN by DH half the time lolz. Yeah, Demon was awsome in the end game and I'm glad we got the town win.

We should Hydra some time, Mina is also pretty awsome.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Were you guys looking for the doctor the whole game? I was confused why I didn't get shot N1.

@Lat: We'll see. I have to finish my games and then the holiday season is coming up, but keep in touch.

You want this one.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

not really, Kinad felt if there was a Doctor you would be protected and it would waste a kill.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by ribwich »

I'm really confused why DH survived the whole game. Kit knew there couldn't have been a doctor because of the setup.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Did Akira really try to shoot Steph based off meta?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Great win town. DemonHybrid and Lateralus were obvtown. I need to go back and see how DeathNote had me fooled.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by andrew94 »

= =
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Lateralus22 wrote:Yeah, the quick lynch attempt was really bad. He semi claimed scum in that post. Oddly enough after I come in totally wrong with my reads scum end up getting lynched one after the other. The Akira nk was not the best move though, it would have been possible to push an Akira lynch.
Yeah, I really screwe my team over in retrospect.

SORRY GUYS :(
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Mina »

DAY FOUR, VOTE COUNT #3 (final)

jasonT1981 (2):
DemonHybrid, Lateralus22

Not Voting (1):
jasonT1981

With 3 players alive, 2 votes are needed to lynch or no-lynch.

jasonT1981 has been lynched.

I really wanted to end the game with an epic scene, but I need to get ready for a birthday thing. So I'll just cut to the chase.

END OF DAY FIVE

You wake up to find a dead Stephoscope, and jason sobbing. "I give up," he says. "Just make it quick."

You immediately lock in your votes, and AM gives his verdict.

RESULT OF SIMULATION...SUCCESSFUL

WELL DONE, TOWN.

ENDING SIMULATION MMBVTTT

And then you awake beside your computer. The browser windows you were looking at before you'd fallen asleep are still open. Perhaps it was all a dream.

But just in case, you unplug your computer. From now on, you will spend a lot more time outdoors.

Meanwhile, thousands of miles apart, families all over the world are rising to find their loved ones staring vacantly at their computer screens. Each one is still breathing, although drool is coming from his mouth, and they can feel a pulse. But although they try to shake him awake and call his name, he does not respond.

These ten subjects will never wake up again.

jasonT1981,
Mafia
[/b]
, has been deleted on D5.

TOWN WINS!
Well, technically, since everyone else's consciousnesses were permanently erased, DemonHybrid and Lateralus22 are the only true winners, but the other townies can rest easy in their vegetative states knowing they were part of the more successful side.

I really need to go get ready for a birthday thing I'm going to, so more thoughts/notes/PMs later. But the graveyard is here. I'll post the Mafia QT if every scum agrees.

But in a nutshell, I was very impressed with how the town's fortunes turned around on D3. I'll be honest. On N2, I was a bit disappointed with the lack of cohesion of the town. When Lateralus sent me his overnight reads upon replacing in and said he suspected Stephoscope and Akira, I figured, "Oh, well, game over." I chalked it off as yet another game lost to lurking and apathy." But wow, everything from D3 onward had me constantly on the edge of my seat. The Lateralus22/DemonHybrid double-team was devastating, and I'd have been shaking in my boots were I scum at that aggressiveness and activity.

That said, I wonder how things would have turned out had the attempted quickhammer never happened.

Thanks to everyone for playing and putting up with a rookie mod, and an extra big thanks to the many, many replacements who stepped in when I needed them and kept this game running and very fast-paced and active at the end. Extra credit to Lateralus, who saved me from having a two-week-long night and turned the game around with his entry to the game.
Last edited by Mina on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by ribwich »

Great game everyone! I just recently returned from a two year hiatus on this site, and this was a good reminder of why I ever came here. :)

Lateralus definitely deserves a Best Replacement nomination for that performance.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Mina »

Lateralus22 wrote:Yeah, the quick lynch attempt was really bad. He semi claimed scum in that post. Oddly enough after I come in totally wrong with my reads scum end up getting lynched one after the other. The Akira nk was not the best move though, it would have been possible to push an Akira lynch.
I mentioned as much in the graveyard QT, but yeah, the Akira kill was a mistake. Even had they mislynched Stephoscope on D4, Akira's vig kill wouldn't have won the game for them. They'd have been better.

I'd though DH's D1 Mason claim was a mistake at the time (I personally would have waited until D2, when clearing himself would have been more beneficial to the suspect pool), but it ended up working fantastically for him because the doctor threat scared the scum away.
There were some smaller things early but but they kinda blended in, late game was lackluster for scum.

On a side note, my beliefs from early game completely changed towards the end. Though btw The fast lylo days were very fun, I was calling DN by DH half the time lolz. Yeah, Demon was awsome in the end game and I'm glad we got the town win.
This game showed me the advantages of reacting quickly and being fast and loose with your votes (which is pretty much the polar opposite of my playstyle). This is why I really enjoy the fast games I play offsite, in which you can actually pressure someone and get reactions and bounce ideas off them in real-time.
We should Hydra some time, Mina is also pretty awsome.
<3
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Mina »

Lateralus definitely deserves a Best Replacement nomination for that performance.
Honestly, the only reason not to is that I'd be slighting DemonHybrid and the other replacements, who were also awesome. But he certainly fits the bill as someone whose replacement turned the game around. Will nominate him when I have time.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Wait, so Akira seriously did try to shoot Steph? Wouldn't that have been a scum win?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Faraday »

>_> good win. Glad I could take a nightkill, wasn't unexpected. High caliber replacements dragged a town through.

tbh scum were really lazy and were coasting (I don't blame them, hohum and andrew both deserved to be lynched) and once that mistake was made, welp.

the graveyard's mostly me talking to myself, I'd apologise but i think most of it was justified. lol. Good game and would play with most of you again. hey me and lat on the winning side twice in a row!
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Lat was definitely MVP of this game.

Thanks to everyone involved, this was a crazy fun game.

You want this one.
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by Akira »

Good job, guys I have a lot to learn from you.

Anyway, yeah, I did target Steph. He was using his scum meta, he really was...I guess.
Once the day started after that, I saw DH attacking Steph and felt better about my choice.

Big whoops.

Still this was fun like hell.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

ribwich wrote:Lateralus definitely deserves a Best Replacement nomination for that performance.
:D

I wouldn't oppose a nomination, actually that'd be pretty cool. Demon deserves some serious credit too for calling out the exact scum time a bit before me and helping me get away from Akira and kinda Steph faster.
Akira wrote:Anyway, yeah, I did target Steph. He was using his scum meta, he really was...I guess.
Once the day started after that, I saw DH attacking Steph and felt better about my choice.
:(

This was exactly why I suspected you after. It just seemed way to much that you actually tried to shoot him and claimed those results exactly after I started attacking him. Meta's ok and all but it really shouldn't be used that heavily, I'v only seen a few situations where it's worked but I've seen it personally fail pretty badly.

Yo Mina will we be able to see the actions and scum qt?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Mina »

Sorry, I've been working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and haven't had time to post PMs/night actions until now.
Lateralus22 wrote: I wouldn't oppose a nomination, actually that'd be pretty cool. Demon deserves some serious credit too for calling out the exact scum time a bit before me and helping me get away from Akira and kinda Steph faster.
Done!

jasonT1981, Kitoari, and DeathNote
: would you have any problem with me posting the scum QT?

Three-quarters of the fun of C9++ is generating the set-up. The numbers that random.org gave me were 10 (T), 25 (T), 91 (M), 97 (B), 95 (M), 85 (V), and 48 (T)--resulting in a MMBVTTT (or godfather, roleblocker, and goon vs. two masons, a roleblocker, and a vigilante), The set-up was pretty interesting, because every Mafia power, aside from the useless godfather, had a mirror on the town side (night-talking with the masons, roleblocking with ribwich, and night-killing with the vigilante). That said, I was very relieved that ribwich died on N2, because I was having nightmares of what to do if we hit endgame with smashbro/Kitoari vs. ribwich alive. Would it be a tie? A Mafia win, since Kitoari could roleblock ribwich's roleblock and kill him? I couldn't even ask anyone for advice, because it would give away the set-up.

For some reason, Mafiascum is being screwy and giving me an error message when I try to preview this, so I'll make this three posts.
============================================================================
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Mina »

Role PMs:

SCUM

Guthrie/DeathNote's PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here (CENSORED).

Role:
Godfather

Alignment:
Mafia

Your teammates are
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Kitoari and jasonT1981.

Win Condition:
You escape from the RNG simulation when the Mafia outnumber the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Powers:

Vote:
You may vote during the day for a lynch.
Investigation Immunity:
You appear as innocent to cops of any sanity.

Night Talk:
During all night phases, you may communicate with your fellow mafia,
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Kitoari and jasonT1981, in the QT here (CENSORED).
Faction Kill:
Each night, one member of the Mafia may PM me to target a player with a kill.

Confirm by replying to this message and stating your role and alignment.
jasonT1981's PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here (CENSORED).

Role:
Goon

Alignment:
Mafia

Your teammates are
Guthrie
DeathNote and
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Kitoari.

Win Condition:
You escape from the RNG simulation when the Mafia outnumber the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Powers:

Vote:

Night Talk:
During all night phases, you may communicate with your fellow mafia, Guthrie and smashbro_of_the_SSS, in the QT here (CENSORED).
Faction Kill:

Confirm by replying to this message and stating your role.
smashbro_of_the_SSS/Kitoari's PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here (CENSORED).

Role:
Roleblocker

Your teammates are
Guthrie
DeathNote and jasonT1981.

Alignment:
Mafia

Win Condition:

Powers:

Vote:
Block:
Each night, you may PM me to target a player with a roleblock. That player will be unable to perform night actions.

Night Talk:
During all night phases, you may communicate with your fellow mafia,
Guthrie
DeathNote and jasonT1981, in the QT here (CENSORED).
Faction Kill:

TOWN

Akira's PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here.

Role:
Vigilante

Alignment:
Town

Win Condition:
You escape from the RNG simulation when all threats to the town are eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Powers:

Vote:
Kill:
Each night, you may PM me to target a player with a kill.

Scott Brosius' PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here.

Role:
Mason

Your mason partner is Josh Lyman. You know that he is town-aligned.

Alignment:
Town

Win Condition:
You escape from the RNG simulation when all threats to the town are eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Powers:

Vote:
Night Talk:
During all night phases, you may communicate with your fellow mason, Josh Lyman, in the QT here.

Josh Lyman's/DemonHybrid's PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here.

Role:
Mason

Your mason partner is Scott Brosius. You know that he is town-aligned.

Alignment:
Town

Win Condition:

Powers:

Vote:
Night Talk:
During all night phases, you may communicate with your fellow mason, Scott Brosius, in the QT here.

ribwich's PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here.

Role:
Roleblocker

Alignment:
Town

Win Condition:

Powers:

Vote:
Block:
Each night, you may PM me to target a player with a roleblock. That player will be unable to perform night actions.

Everyone else's PM wrote:Welcome to Open 264: Attack of the RNG (C9++). The thread is here.

Role:
Vanilla Townie

Alignment:
Town
(duh)

Win Condition:

Powers:

Vote:

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Mina »

Night Actions

NIGHT ZERO

jasonT1981 (mafia goon) kills Scott Brosius
smashbro_of_the_SSS (mafia roleblocker) blocks andrew94
Akira (town vigilante) takes no action
ribwich (town roleblocker) blocks Scott Brosius

NIGHT ONE

jasonT1981 (mafia goon) kills Faraday
Kitoari (mafia roleblocker) blocks Akira
Akira (town vigilante) tries to kill andrew94 (FAILURE, roleblocked)
ribwich (town roleblocker) blocks andrew94

NIGHT TWO

jasonT1981 (mafia goon) kills ribwich
Kitoari (mafia roleblocker) blocks Akira
Akira (town vigilante) tries to kill Stephoscope (FAILURE, roleblocked)
ribwich (town roleblocker) blocks Akira*

NIGHT THREE

jasonT1981 kills Akira
Akira takes no action

NIGHT FOUR

jasonT1981 kills Stephoscope**

*ribwich's reasoning was that if Akira is town, he'll be roleblocked anyway by the scum, so he knew he wouldn't block a town power role.
**According to jason, it was an "I give up, so just for the lulz" kill.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Usually, in the case of one roleblocker affecting the other, you'd randomize which takes precedent. Screencap your random if you want. That's how I usually do it.

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Open Games”