Mini 44, Trouble In the Toybox, Game Over!

mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:50 pm

Post by mikehart »

MeMe wrote:Bandwagon starved, more like. Careful -- two quick votes will lynch him and, even if he's scum, we'll have very little information for day two. Let's just chat a while, shall we? After all, we're still waiting for two of our playmates (Fishbulb & Totem) to speak up.
quite true

unvote: mathcam
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:50 pm

Post by FinalFear »

agreed.
no point in wasting a whole Day.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:50 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'm just curious as to what the bandwagoners were hoping to accomplish. A role claim? A teary breakdown confessing guilt? Not only did mathcam do nothing to prompt the wagon, but he hasn't done much to disperse it either. Was that what you were looking for? Nonchalance in the face of madness? The wagon built so quickly and then disappeared with equal rapidity. I think that's incredibly weird.

unvote: Wacky
FOS: mikehart & FinalFear

I'm not including Norinel in my FOS at the moment as he seems to be making his own decisions: placing the anti-random vote on cam & unvoting him with a semi-reason, rather than being blown by the wind.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Are you saying that we shouldn't bandwagon without a reason? If so, I agree. The only reason I think we should random bandwagon is if we're not getting any ideas of who's scummy.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by mathcam »

I think that's incredibly weird.
Agreed. I'd put money on the fact that at least one of them is evil. I'll keep my vote on Mr. mike.

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by JereIC »

I don't know about mikeheart. I really don't buy the 4-bandwagoner thing (being an innocent victim of it in Sherlock Holmes), and I've seen plenty of games where people just hop on the first bandwagon of the day. Maybe I'm just not seeing the case against him clearly enough?

On a similar note,
, becuase there's no real evidence to think he's scummy.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by mathcam »

Well, I'm certainly not saying that there's that strong of a case. It takes a fairly remarkable event to have a strong case against someone on day 1. I'm just saying that if we had to pick someone, and we essentially do, then I'd go with one of the people that might have hoped to get in a quick day 1 so they could get back to killing people. Punishing people for reckless bandwagonning? No. Ok, well, maybe a little. Punishing them for being a sheep? Certainly. That's the way its easiest for the mafia to remain inconspicuous.

Cam
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Vote vount:

Norinel-3 (Fletcher, fishbulb, totem)
Mlaker-1 (Wacky)
Mikehart-2 (mathcam, norinel)

Oh yeah, 6 to lynch.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by Fletcher »

unvote: Norinel
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by mikehart »

Vote: MeMe

just cause i think hes a smart ass
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:52 pm

Post by FinalFear »

JereIC wrote:I don't know about mikeheart. I really don't buy the 4-bandwagoner thing (being an innocent victim of it in Sherlock Holmes), and I've seen plenty of games where people just hop on the first bandwagon of the day. Maybe I'm just not seeing the case against him clearly enough?

On a similar note, unvote: mathcam, becuase there's no real evidence to think he's scummy.
vote: JereIC
There's no reason to think anyones scummy really...random vote btw.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:52 pm

Post by MeMe »

mikehart wrote:Vote: MeMe

just cause i think hes a smart ass
Ouch, now that hurt my feelings. Not the smartass thing -- but that you called me "he."
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:52 pm

Post by Wacky »

Phew - Forum not busted. Again.

Unvote Mlaker

FOS: Mikehart
, Final Fear and Norinel. Especially Mikehart. Seems overly reckless with regard to reasons and gender and general lack of punctuation = conclusion mafia/not very useful townie anyway.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by Norinel »

I don't think FOSing without voting Day 1 is too great a strategy, and the reckless mathcam bandwagon seems to have found a few suspicious characters (myself included), so why don't we work on one of them?

(In other words, I don't like redundant confirm votes, but I'd give one to mikehart if I did)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by MeMe »

Norinel, it sounds to me as though you're advocating that anyone who is currently FOSing mikehart should just go ahead and vote him...which would cause another quick bandwagon. Interesting suggestion considering that starting the camwagon is what has cast some suspicion on you -- do you really want to do it again?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by Norinel »

I think we've found someone to bandwagon that isn't random, so bandwagoning mikehart might be useful.
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by Totem »

Everybody want's 'Proof', 'strong case', 'not random'.

I think it's too early to have any strong data.
I think that part of the wierdnes is because of mafia starvation

I am just sitting here, collecting data like all of you

(And what is this wierdness: for example, I should finish this post now but I am so mafia starved that I simply must vote unvote fos ... so: )
Maybe I will vote somebody who tries to stay quiet
unvote: Norinel
vote: mlaker
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by mlaker »

Hey I wasn't trying to stay quiet I couldn't find where our game was being played!

mlaker
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:08 pm

Post by mith »

Done. Tell me if you see any errors.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by Fletcher »

All of the votes and unvotes are in bold.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:48 pm

Post by MeMe »

Let's get this going, folks! I think that, upon further inspection, I'm leaning towards voting mathcam and I've got two reasons:

1. His last wishy-washy post
mathcam wrote:Well, I'm certainly not saying that there's that strong of a case. It takes a fairly remarkable event to have a strong case against someone on day 1. I'm just saying that if we had to pick someone, and we essentially do, then I'd go with one of the people that might have hoped to get in a quick day 1 so they could get back to killing people. Punishing people for reckless bandwagonning? No. Ok, well, maybe a little. Punishing them for being a sheep? Certainly. That's the way its easiest for the mafia to remain inconspicuous.
My translation: "Well there's not a strong case against mikehart -- but, gee, we
have
to lynch someone (oh how I wish it were different! Damn this game and its infernal rules of killing) and it should be someone who was trying to kill me. It seems like I'm punishing him for bandwagoning -- I'm not! Well, maybe I am, but it's not my NUMERO UNO reason. The #1 reason is that he voted for me! I mean, that he voted for me fourth! I mean that he follows people...because mafia follows people! With guns too!"
What? Smartass? Me?

2. mathcam's a posting machine -- very quick. He posted in general discussion...and then it took him a half hour to come up with the post I quote above. For him, that's an eternity. I think it's possible he was being very careful with his post wording.

vote: mathcam
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:47 pm

Post by JereIC »

FinalFear wrote:
I think it's a bit late for random voting today. Or did you get a new number generator, and wanted to try it out? :lol:

I don't know what to believe now; there seem to be a lot of votes that are just coming out of the blue with some but not much explanation. C'mon, we can sit and talk it out, drag the day on until some scum confesses and hangs him/herself out of boredom. Quick votes/lynches almost always disadvantage the town.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:22 pm

Post by Wacky »

All this forum changing is bound to confuse people, I think. Anyways:
JereIC wrote:
FinalFear wrote:
I think it's a bit late for random voting today. Or did you get a new number generator, and wanted to try it out? :lol:

I don't know what to believe now; there seem to be a lot of votes that are just coming out of the blue with some but not much explanation. C'mon, we can sit and talk it out, drag the day on until some scum confesses and hangs him/herself out of boredom. Quick votes/lynches almost always disadvantage the town.
On the other hand, dragging it out might be risky if we don't know the deadline rules - suppose we miss the deadline - will it be no lynch? Person with most votes lynched - in that case are ties resolved by lynching them all? By a random toss? By sudden death? Seems like too many variables. On the other hand, lynching a townie doesn't exactly help the town. I think we should find out before we commit to a long drawn out campaign - but unfortunately, that will also draw it out - any ideas?
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:31 am

Post by Fishbulb »

MeMe wrote:2. mathcam's a posting machine -- very quick. He posted in general discussion...and then it took him a half hour to come up with the post I quote above. For him, that's an eternity. I think it's possible he was being very careful with his post wording.
I don't agree with this at all. I don't think we should look at what people are doing outside the individual games. Maybe it took him 30 min. to write the post, but maybe he just got interrupted (phone, kids, parents, boss, whatever). I know that sort of thing happens to me all the time, so I hope no one would look at my posting speed to determine if I am scum or not. And, in fact, I'm not sure I agree with your first point either. I was ready to believe you, but these points just didn't jive with me.

Unvote: Norinel
Vote: MeMe

(And I think that is the first time I have ever used the word
jive
in my life.)
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:06 am

Post by Fletcher »

I agree with MeMe but am not sure if I want to vote for mathcam just yet.

I completely disagree with Wacky I think a more drawn out day would give us a better chance of finding mafia. I think that we can definitely avoid a deadline if there's one needed. And I think a longer day would give us a better chance of not lynching the town. I think that a short day with not much to go on would deinitely benifit mafia.

vote: Wacky
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”