Newbie 1045: Christmas in Newbieville! (Mafia Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by ender241 »

Wait, i know i didn't mean to vote fungrus; it's napher who i want to be voting! VOTE: Napher he's said already that he's only posting to defend himself making no contribution to the discussion and helping us figure out so i think he's mafia with good reason.

On another note how do i quote more than one person?

MrBump (2): Napher, Fungrus
Fungrus (2): Thor665, Lateralus22
Glass (1): MrBump
Thor665 (1): Korts
Lateralus22 (1): Glass
Napher (1): ender241

Not voting (1): Mr. Flay

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch!
Deadline is January 14th, 2010 at 4:00PM.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Glass »

@MrBump
I believe that ender was referring to me saying "the irony was killing me".

@ender
I don't remember napher saying that he was only posting to defend himself... I do recall MrBump saying that Napher only was defending himself, but I believe that point was refuted.

On the quoting: Do you mean a quote inside a quote, or two different quotes in one post?
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by ender241 »

Napher wrote:You are right I am probably too paranoid.
He implies it there Glass, and yeah i mean two quotes in one post.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by ender241 »

Well not imply, i dunno what the word is sorry forgot =P
Show
again.

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

I think they're both scum,
Post #142 wrote: Thought Fungrus's post was awfully opportunistic,
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Glass »

Ok, I guess that makes sense.

UNVOTE: Lateralus22

@ender
Either copypaste or learn to html.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Glass »

I am going to ramble on about my thoughts of the game so far, mostly to solidify my reads on individuals (and possibly propagate conversation), so you can easily tl;dr since I am probably not going to be saying anything incredibly insightful:

MrBump makes a joke before random voting, Korts misinterprets this joke thinking that he was speaking of fungrus instead of ender. Korts later says that MrBump is scummy for not giving an "optimal vote" to boost conversation, but then defeats his own argument by saying that MrBump is a newbie, surprisingly Korts never attacks Fungrus for the same thing he accused bump for.

Thor and I get into a rather long conversation over minuscule things (fmpov) and eventually it breaks apart; I find Thor to be town atm because the answers to my questions were reasonable and he seemed to actually find me to be scum rather than trying to find someone to get voted (as aggressive mafia do). Thor thinks that I am scum along with fungrus and Korts.

Fungrus is called scummy at the beginning for not voting ender (even though he is a newb and may not even know there was a RVS, I didn't until the bump started it). Fungrus goes around as being called scum for bandwagoning on bump, ender votes for fungrus (looking to be bandwagoning) but then realizes that he wanted to vote for napher. I have a slight scum read on fungrus, but personally think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Ender has a newbie persona, but he may be overacting. Personally I think he is slightly town.

Napher gets called scum for defending himself when he has no votes (don't see how that's scummy), but I don't like how he is for apologizing for pretty much any little thing he gets called out on. He brings up the point of Bump switching votes during the glass-thor discussion and guns for him as scum. This gets him in a bit of trouble because he says that it seems that either me or thor is scum (which he quickly realizes is a mistake) but decides to vote for bump instead. I think that napher is slightly town atm.

Bump gets called scum for switching from voting thor to voting me during our conversation, making it look as though he is voting for whoever is losing the "argument". This gather's lots of momentum and bump goes to L-1 plenty of times but remains cool throughout it, unfortunately this is his first game here so there is nothing to compare it to. Bump goes on to say many untrue statements including saying he is voting me for non-existent reasons, making me think he is on the scum side, as you should at least know why you are fosing/voting someone.

Flay and Lateralus get into a short discussion where Lateralus votes for flay, but then realizing that the bandwagon is not going anywhere votes fungrus who he also finds to be scum for opportunistically voting bump. I don't have a very good read on either of them atm. Thor seems to think korts is scum for some reason I am unaware of, as I do not have a good read on him.

Overall I think that MrBump is scummiest by far, so

VOTE: MrBump
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Glass »

The only issue I have with MrBump is I have no idea who his scumbuddy would be if he is mafia.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Korts »

I would like to draw people's attention to this again. I think this is an important piece of information.
Korts wrote:
Thor wrote:The *best* you could deduce from the Thor/Glass interaction is that it's probable that we're not scumbuddies as I don't think it should look like the interaction is simple distancing.
Bluh. You should know better than to say things like this. You do not analyze your own interactions unless you have an ulterior motive. This just looks like you're trying to give a template to analyzing the exchange between you and Glass.
Note the concern evident in Thor's quote regarding how the argument between him and Glass might have looked. While I'm not saying that town players wouldn't have similar concerns, I think that scum have more reason to actually voice them.

I really would appreciate if more people saw what I'm seeing.

More later.
scumchat never die
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:42 am

Post by MrBump »

Oh for crying out loud, moar suspicks?

I decided to re-read the whole thing between Glass and Thor. I don't know where my vote came from, which is where you probably all go "OMGZORZ HE'S LIEK CHANGING HIS VOTE AGAINZ", but really. I've been called out on it for three pages straight, I'd think if I was doing as you all said I would have changed it long ago. I'm not stupid enough to just vote for the person losing the argument. I was tryin/g to help and it was hard to get a thought in past their discussion.

UNVOTE

Glass wrote:Napher gets called scum for defending himself when he has no votes (don't see how that's scummy)
Wait, what? Defending yourself with no votes and a tiny, tiny suspicion is A-OK? I don't get it. Scum will defend themselves against a tiny bit, especially as a Newbie, as they are scared of getting found out. Well, from my past game, anyway.

What can I say which I haven't said already? At the time I believed Glass was avoiding stuff, but after re-reading I was mistaken. We make mistakes. And besides, again if I'm doing what all of you are saying and hopping between wagons, I would push the Fungrus wagon as hard as I could, right? I have a town read on Fungrus, so I'm not going to vote him, am I?

Also, if Ender is Maf just cruisin' past with his Newbie Status, there will be blood.

PREDIT: Korts raises a good point there, but I'm not too overly keen on Napher atm either so I'll wait for a while to see what other evidence crops up.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Korts »

Bluh. I don't like Lateralus' post 141 where he encourages potential hammer votes to express their intent. It seems completely unnecessary and appears to serve rabble-rousing rather than a genuinely scumhunting-driven lynch. The following vote switch is also very weird, especially in light of his previously apparently rock-solid conviction in Bump's guilt.
Flay wrote:So are you discarding your argument about ender's first post being scummy, Korts?
I'm pretty sure I never had such an argument. His post wasn't scummy, it was a typical newbie mistake.

ender is really pinging my scumdar though, in every way possible. His blatantly opportunistic behavior, fallacious arguments and minimal immersion all through the game can be explained away with newbieness, sure, but I'm not willing to give him a free pass all the way and throw the game in a gamble on his alignment. Right about now I could be convinced to do a policy lynch.

Flay 152: I've got a feeling you're deliberately misinterpreting Thor's argument now. Don't tell me you don't see the difference between bad play and scummy play.

Where's Napher? I want to hear loads more from him.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: Reading back a second time, it seems that at the time Lateralus called for hammer voters to express their intent, he was voting Flay, not Bump. Why encourage a wagon when you have a completely different list of suspects altogether? Do you just not care who gets lynched?
scumchat never die
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Is
ANYONE
reading my posts?

When you're at L-1 and someone wants to hammer, that's the time to claim. I think Bump is town, so the unvote comes and I try to start up a counter wagon on someone I think is scum (Mr Flay)

What's so hard to understand?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Glass »

MrBump wrote:I decided to re-read the whole thing between Glass and Thor. I don't know where my vote came from, which is where you probably all go "OMGZORZ HE'S LIEK CHANGING HIS VOTE AGAINZ", but really. I've been called out on it for three pages straight, I'd think if I was doing as you all said I would have changed it long ago. I'm not stupid enough to just vote for the person losing the argument. I was tryin/g to help and it was hard to get a thought in past their discussion.
That is a decent point, but it is also a wifom.
Wait, what? Defending yourself with no votes and a tiny, tiny suspicion is A-OK? I don't get it. Scum will defend themselves against a tiny bit, especially as a Newbie, as they are scared of getting found out. Well, from my past game, anyway.
I guess it depends on HOW you defend yourself. Just saying: "Oh whoops, sorry" i can see as scummy; but if someone attacks you with a slew of illegitimate arguments and you disprove them I do not see anything scummy about it.
Korts raises a good point there
I think that thor was just being his IC self and helping napher understand that what he did was bad play.

@Lateralus
I think that people are concerned over you switching votes from the person you find to be very scummy, especially since you haven't really made any arguments against fungrus that I recall, it makes it look like you are bandwagoning.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

I don't think Mr Bump is very scummy anymore though, I've already stated why Fungrus is scum. Add lurking onto that count too.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:57 am

Post by ender241 »

Alright, heres my views on everyone.

Fungrus - he doesn't post often.
1. This could be due to him unsure of what to say as he's new to this game.
2. He doesn't want to be caught out as a mafia.
3.(Most likely the right answer) he's using vla connection or whatever it is. I go with this.
Fungrus voted Mrbump due to everyone else thinking he's scum.
1. He wants a quick vote so he can get his next lynch (making him mafia)
2. He isn't sure what to do and goes with everyone else (making him town, in my view). I go with this.
3. Due to his bad connection he hasn't had enough time to make his mind up properly.
So i think Fungrus is new like me and isn't sure what to do so agrees with everyone else.
Glass got into an argument with Thor over a small thing.
1. This could be pushing thor into making everyone assume thor is mafia and getting a lynch (mafia move in my view).
2. He could be arguing with thor so he can get a better view to check if he's mafia or not (town move in my view).
I think glass is a townie, due to there being not much to say about glass being mafia or doing anything mafia.
Korts - i have no idea.

Lateralus22 - He said earlier that he wanted to start a 'counter wagon' if i'm right that seems like a town move, instead of going onto the big bandwagon to get the lynch as soon as possible. Though this could also be a mafia move, incase one of his partners is getting band-wagoned he could start up another one to help. Though i think Lateralus22 if a townie, there's small chance he's mafia but not big enough to make accusations.

Mrflay - i have no idea, a he has not made one vote except from a RVS (or whatever it is) vote at the start; but my views are that is a townie thing to do. So i would like your suspicions when you can.

Mrbump - I'm really unsure what to think if he's town or mafia at the moment.

Napher - he's staying the same, he's said very little to add to this and all he's done is defend himself.

Thor665 - Again, unsure what to think seems like all the SE's and IC's are hard to know their allignment.
Show
again.

Fungrus
Fungrus
Goon
Fungrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by Fungrus »

Hi, first off I should be back to posting at a regular rate now as the holidays are over. :(

Second it seems there are a vast amount of questions that have been aimed at me over the last few pages, but I really can't be bothered to go through the whole thread and see if each question is still relevant. Therefore if you have something you want me to answer could you please post it again so I can make myself clear.

Okay here's my thoughts on some recent posts:
post 179 could you clarify who you're answering there?

post 181 I mostly agree with what is said in here though I have a few rebuttals:

My bandwagony behaviour in voting Mr Bump was in part to keep the pressure on him which I felt had evaporated away too quickly and also because I wasn't reading the thread very closely and arguments for Bump being scum were to me the most visible things in the thread. Therefore at the time I thought Bump was likely scum and wanted to see if he (or his scum buddy) would react under the pressure of being L-1. Since then his posts haver persuaded me that he is not scum.

I don't agree that Bump has been acting cool under pressure, I think many of his posts are quite frustrated in their style. This is a towntell to me as I think scum would rather play it cool as you said and have their buddy save them. So it appears to me that Bump is town.

post 183 Personally I'm finding it very hard to differentiate between A) Thor fulfilling the role of the IC by stimulating discussion B) Thor playing the game in his self confessed usual style of getting all up in people's grill and attacking them emotionally, which he would do regardless of alignment and being IC and C) Thor posting scummy things.

While you're claiming this post is C, it reads as more A to me. To give some context most of his interaction with Glass I read as B.

post 184 Starting off with more OTT styled stuff. I agree that you could be posting in this style to throw people off however it's more likely that you're actually just easily riled, probably town.

I disagree that defending yourself especially with no votes on you is inherently scummy. In fact without the pressure of a vote, scum is more likely to just let the attack slide away and hope no one picks up on it.

post 185 Don't like the way you say "I could be convinced". You should be convincing others and not trying to get other people to put their neck on the line by starting a wagon.

@ Lateralus could you reiterate for my benefit why you think I'm scum please?

Ender's post: just who do you think is scum then?

Currently Korts is topping my list of scum as the last few votes he seems to go on the offensive against lots of people sometimes semi-valid arguments and sometimes with faulty logic. Seems like he's cast his bobber and seeing if he can get a bite from anyone.
Fungrus
Fungrus
Goon
Fungrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Fungrus »

Ah damn, forgot to add
Vote: Korts

in there sorry.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:27 am

Post by ender241 »

My suspect is the same as it was, napher, he is the only person i think suspicious due to his very little posts and he hasn't gave a good reason of who he thinks are scum and we haven't seen his opinion too often which is different to others as they usually give lots of details, i was suspecting you a little bit Fungrus due to your little posts but the posts you just did helped in making you seem more town alike.
Show
again.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

Greetings,

V/LA till Friday

I apologize for the slow in activity but I am horribly sick at the moment. I'm obligated to be human again by Thursday due to work requirements but will probably spend most of it and Friday trying to catch back up with myself. I should be back to regular posting Friday evening. Apologies - I'm not enough in my right head to even want to try to read the last few posts I missed. I'll admit an immediate knee-jerk reaction to seeing Korts attack me, but I'll want to examine that more when I'm not on medication.

See you all Friday.
Thor.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by MrBump »

Get well soon Thor D=
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Glass »

Im curious who MrBump's suspects atm.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by MrBump »

Aren't we all.

Well, reading over the first few pages, Ender has used the Newbie Card a ridiculous amount of times. Like, every time he's said anything. And this is his second game. Napher's posts of just defending himself every posts I dislike. But I can't really decide between them. If Ender makes another obvious mistake the Newbie Card isn't doing him any favours.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Glass »

Hitler wrote:Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it
QUOTES = OMG NAPHER DEFENDING HIMSELF ONLY
Ender wrote:Napher - he's staying the same, he's said very little to add to this and all he's done is defend himself.
Ender wrote:VOTE: Napher he's said already that he's only posting to defend himself making no contribution to the discussion
MrBump wrote:Napher's posts of just defending himself every posts I dislike.
MrBump wrote:Napher comments only about himself, a defence, when he has precisely zero votes on him at last count.

QUOTE FROM NAPHER
Napher post 20 wrote:Ender is seeming slightly scummy to me, he is taking back his votes very often, so for now I am going to keep my vote on him.
Napher post 37 wrote:Also I still suspect ender may be mafia but he isn't as suspicious as Fungrus, what he did may have just been something that a beginner would do as Kort pointed out.
Napher post 82 wrote: I find that you are trying to manipulate Glass's words in order to make him seem more scummy, which is a very scummy thing to do IMO.
Napher post 82 wrote:Now on to the next person I believe is scum. You have been changing your vote a whole lot this game, mostly in response to what every else is saying. You are just looking for a bandwagon to jump onto; however, I will admit that you were the first to accuse Thor. This last vote on Glass has shown me that you are just voting for whoever is losing this argument, first you were saying Thor was scum, now that he is winning the argument you switch over to Glass. So you are now my prime suspect VOTE: MrBump
Napher post 105 wrote:It was the change from Thor to glass that really made me suspicious of you. You said that you hadn't noticed that Glass suspected Thor right after you did, so that is why you voted for him. How you didn't notice that is beyond me, if you had been reading the convo at all I believe you would have noticed it. Which is why you either hadn't been reading it even though you made a post during it, or you just went for whoever seemed to be losing and tried to make an excuse for why you made such a sudden change. Both of those are scummy things to do. I am still keeping my vote on you, as you are the only person I truly suspect to be scum.
Are we getting the point? The next person to say that Napher is only defending himself gets a searing hot icepick to their forehead. I am not saying that Napher is not scum, but at least use a reasonable argument.

I would love to see Napher + Flay + Korts posting more =D
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Korts »

I will post more soon, I have an exam on Wednesday.
scumchat never die

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”