mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:12 am

Post by mathcam »

Nope. I was suggesting we be careful with our votes. I would support no lynch, possibly, if

a) We were sure how many evil there were left, and their distribution among teams
b) We could be confident of how many kills there would be tonight.

Though a is somewhat clear, b is not. I realize I've just been arguing against people's arguments and not making any cases of my own, so I'll figure out who I find most suspicious momentarily. I was just trying to make sure we didn't lynch anyone too quickly.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:15 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yeah, I understand and agree with you. But from my perspective, I think a lynch is better than a no-lynch, I think Someone is the most scummy, and I don't think we'll get anymore info today.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:40 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, I've got some ideas and will think just a little more about them before I post, but I have a general thought first: How did Maverick die?

If he used Abra, he should have been safe, but mole writes that Team Rocket was too fast for him. What does that mean? Did his use of Abra get role-blocked. Maybe the evil team has a pokemon that goes through doc protections? Maybe we
should
reveal all of our Pokemon....probably not. It's just too easy to lie.

Honeslty, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think I look pretty damn cleared. I led the charge against PBuG when most people had their votes strewn about OMGUSly. This any my arguments today. I'd like to hear people either agree of argue on this point.

Someone, I'd really like an explanation of what your conflict was on day one. This is no time for holding anything back. Or did I miss the explanation on my read-through?

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:20 am

Post by massive »

I'm sorry I seem a little aggressive. I am very sure there will be less killings tonight. But cam is right - we need to hit a baddy today or our survival chances go way down. The converse problem is, if we don't lynch anyone today, we risk being in the same position we are in RIGHT NOW when tomorrow dawns.

The explanation about Maverick SEEMS to be that Maverick was targeted with a kill on night one that didn't go through because of Abra. Night two then went through. It would explain why there were only two kills on night one also.

I also think that if you are the townie player who managed to kill a player last night, you had best come forward with it. Now. Or if anyone caught a Meowth recently, so we know we'll have some decent info tomorrow.

Someone: did you use Shellder on night one?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:36 am

Post by mathcam »

I don't think there's anyone actually arguing for no lynch, just a bunch of people arguing against it.
I also think that if you are the townie player who managed to kill a player last night, you had best come forward with it. Now. Or if anyone caught a Meowth recently, so we know we'll have some decent info tomorrow.
Good point. Any names of known-to-you innocents should be made public, as well as confessions of killings last night. If three kills a night is going to be the norm, and we just got lucky night 1, then we're totally screwed, so I don't really believe that.

massive, you seem very sure about some of this night activity stuff...you claimed earlier that we HAD to conclude that there were three evil groups. And now this most recent post. This makes me think you know something you're not telling the rest of us.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:50 am

Post by massive »

Cam: In regards to the three killing groups - I think we HAVE to assume that there are three evil killing groups because assuming some townie screwed up is an act that could cost us the game. Hopefully the third kill was caused because some evil party caught a Ghastly, and we will kill two birds with one stone, but I'm preferring to err on the side of too MANY killers.

And in regards to how many kills will happen tonight - yes, there is something I'm not telling you. :) I just wish *I* had thought to try and catch a Ditto.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:23 am

Post by mathcam »

But with PBuG dead, that makes 4 out of 12 evil, which is a lot. I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

I know I'm going to have a tough time defending this position, but I'm going to

Vote: Shadyforce

Why? It's primarily that several other people have done things that make me think they're innocent, and shady hasn't. This, and he was a little eager to start going after people today.

Cam
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:44 am

Post by Someone »

I'd really like an explanation of what your conflict was on day one
I don't see what's unclear. I used my only pokemon...shellder, and recruited meouth. There was no conflict, because i only had one choice. And I will probably be using shellder tonight if we do not lynch a mafia.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:45 am

Post by shadyforce »

Ok... I'm not sure what accusations I'm defending against.

I guess, the whole eager to go after people one. To answer that, going after people is what we do. It's how we get information. I was eager to get the town going and get some activity back in the game. I suppose it was because of the long night and just anxious to get back into the game.

And as for acting suspicious, well that's subjective I suppose. In my opinion, Someone is the most suspicious for reasons I have already given, so that's where mine and several other people's votes lie.

And anyway, unless you are going to provide convincing arguments to get the whole town to lynch me, voting me is kinda pointless since it won't get any information.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:02 am

Post by Stewie »

Drowzee

Drowzee can put someone to sleep, in which case they are unable to perform any actions that night, or kill someone if they are asleep that night.

The kill
might
have been me. I tageted mlaker to block him, since I thought that if there was only one kill instead of 2, that would mean he was scum. Now, I though that all players were awake by default. So I think that someone else with a drowzee or with another pokemon that puts people to sleep targetted him. of course, It could off been coincidence.

Furthermore, I am confident that we will not have so many kills this night, since the docs, which we hopefully have, have to at least get one right. We could also have really bad luck.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:15 am

Post by mathcam »

Someone wrote:Hmm, very strange situation for me. Random vote: stewie
This is the quote I'm referring to, Someone, not your night choice.

It seems likely to me that Stewie was somehow involved in the killing of mlaker. This is at least much more plausible to me than the possibility of three killing groups.

Cam
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:37 pm

Post by Someone »

Ah, yes. It was because I shellder and meouth were the first two pokemon revealed...and those were the two I had. So I tried to create something just in case i was bandwaggoned randomly and was forced to claim.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:45 pm

Post by massive »

Yeah. That was Squirtle, not Shellder. But close.

How did we manage to get so many players with the same Pokemon? Bulbasaur I can see, but a second Drowzee makes no sense to me. Did you start with him, Stewie? And if not, what made you decide to try and catch one?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:20 pm

Post by Stewie »

I catched it the first night I got a chance to, which would be night one, and I catched because I thought it either roleblocked, or it put someone to sleep so they couldn't post for a day. I liked the idea of roleblocking, since it can be helpul to catch scum, although it might also hurt the town sometimes. I did not expect someone to also target mlaker with a drowzee.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:11 pm

Post by massive »

unvote Someone

There's no way your Drowzee could have killed mlaker because the other Drowzee put him to sleep. The other Drowzee was mlaker's.

vote Stewie
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:11 pm

Post by massive »

[Talitha mode]

And before you go telling me there's a THIRD Drowzee running around ...

[/Talitha mode]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:57 am

Post by mathcam »

Hmm, how likely is a third drowzee? Is it popular enough of a Pokemon that someone not knowing much about Pokemon would have been known to pick him. Then again, I had never heard of the Pokemon I recruited last night.

What does Talitha mode mean?

I also wonder about "being asleep." Aren't we all asleep at night?

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:33 am

Post by massive »

Talitha has a penchant for double- and triple-posting ... every time I get the urge to double-post, I feel like I have to qualify it. :)

Drowzee is definitely NOT the type of Pokemon where three of them should appear in this game. None of the main characters in the TV show own one, none of the Rockets do either.

And if we're all asleep at night, how does Drowzee's first ability cause us to not do anything that night? I mean, obviously we can sleepwalk. ;)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:39 am

Post by mathcam »

mlaker lies unconscious in a different part of the forest. He has also been taken to hospital.
Hm, that doesn't sound like a Drowzee kill either. But I'm not sure why you think this means Stewie is evil. Doesn't that mean just that Stewie's Drowzee isn't responsible for the death? So someone targeted mlaker to die for some other reason, and I'm not sure why your argument means it any more likely to be Stewie than someone else.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:32 am

Post by shadyforce »

Given the popularity of Drowzee, I find it unlikely for 3 seperate people to choose them, since they are not that well known. Although, with a bit of imagination, it could be realised that putting people to sleep or some variant of that is the obvious power of Drowzee and maybe the mafia decided to all try and get ones either simultaniously, or subsequent after one person seeing his power, to try and have that extra kill.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:49 am

Post by massive »

I have no idea. What you are suggesting, Cam, is that Stewie put mlaker to sleep and someone ELSE knocked him unconscious?

My contention is not necessarily that Stewie's Drowzee caused the death. My contention is that I think Stewie claimed he had a Drowzee, a Pokemon we knew the effects of, and applied it to the kill that he did in some other way, making it look "accidental". The problem, however, is that it's just not logically coming together. There needs to be a third sleep-power Pokemon that targeted mlaker, and I just don't see that as viable. No one else has come out, either, to claim the sleep effect. mlaker was probably the most suspicious at the end of the day (to me anyways), so a Rocket wouldn't target him to block him OR kill him - they'd let him live to be lynched today.

I just don't know. It's not adding up. Please also note that Stewie thinks we will have less kills tonight because "the docs will get one right" and not because he won't use his Drowzee to keep from accidentally killing another player.

shadyforce: What you suggest COULD be possible, but we know mlaker wasn't Mafia, so that would mean that TWO OTHER players have Drowzees if you believe Stewie is innocent. We also know that PBuG selected Bulbasaur as his catch for night one, so the chances of mass Mafia Drowzee-catching probably are low. (They would have all had to catch them night one to use them night two.)

I'm beginning to think that mass Pokemon name claim is looking more and more appealing. We just don't know what's out there.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:55 am

Post by mathcam »

I have no idea. What you are suggesting, Cam, is that Stewie put mlaker to sleep and someone ELSE knocked him unconscious?
Well, kind of. I'm not saying that this someone else is not Stewie, just that it wasn't Stewie's Drowzee that knocked mlaker unconscious. I think we're pretty much agreeing that it's not true that Stewie's Drowzee didn't do the killing.
I just don't know. It's not adding up. Please also note that Stewie thinks we will have less kills tonight because "the docs will get one right" and not because he won't use his Drowzee to keep from accidentally killing another player.
This is a good point. Okay, it's better than my gut feeling on Shadyforce.

Unvote: Shadyforce, Vote: Stewie

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:04 am

Post by shadyforce »

Also better than my hunch on Someone.

Unvote: Someone
Vote: Stewie

So are we going to lynch him, or wait for him to defend himself further?

And I'm still unsure whether we should mass role-claim or not. I mean I don't think it will get a lot of information. I mean the pokémon I have are ordinary enough. I guess, if people are lying about powers they have, (such as not having a Drowzee) then they have to make up a new pokémon and guess their powers which can be contradicted.

That's all assuming we're going to reveal powers or just pokémon.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:12 am

Post by Fletcher »

I think what massive pointed out is a good point. I want to vote Stewie but will wait until he defends himself.

Take it away, Stewie!
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:32 am

Post by Fletcher »

Oh yeah, I think it would benefit us if we reveal our Pokemon and there powers because, we decided that the Rockets can also choose they're Pokemon so we know it won't help them and, we then would have the advantage of being able to help each other make wise desicions with what to do with our Pokemons' choices.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”